New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LX: 60 Ponythreads? That's an Academy record!

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    want your mind messed with?
    http://i.imgur.com/opNnoOx.gif
    Just stare at the cross and watch the faces go all weird as they scroll through each pair.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Funny MLP iOS game moment:
    I was playing the ball minigame with Pinkie Pie and halfway through it the game glitched and the ball disappeared for a few seconds. Obviously its just a rare "oops" with the game... so why was I shouting "Darn it Pinkie!!" as if she was really there breaking physics?

My wife wishes she got that moment on video.
    Hmm I think there's a knock-off line of "You might be a brony when..." jokes to be made from situations just like this.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Banned

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    also, what is the deal with hasbro? do they not get that they can mess wiht a very passionate fanbase?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm wondering if the whole Royal Coronation thing and toys is a giant troll by Hasbro. Maybe all the raving in the fandom made someone at Hasbro think it would be cool to make up an event that actually has nothing to do with the show but just happens to make it look like the rumors are true. I can just imagine them cackling to themselves while throwing barrels of gasoline on the fire.

After all, the synopsis and title for the final episode doesn't seem to have anything much to do with a coronation, unless we're missing something (which I suppose is quite likely). M.A. Larson also seemed to be having a lot of fun on Twitter when the episode synopsis was revealed. I wouldn't be surprised if they fooled us all.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm wondering if the whole Royal Coronation thing and toys is a giant troll by Hasbro. Maybe all the raving in the fandom made someone at Hasbro think it would be cool to make up an event that actually has nothing to do with the show but just happens to make it look like the rumors are true. I can just imagine them cackling to themselves while throwing barrels of gasoline on the fire.

After all, the synopsis and title for the final episode doesn't seem to have anything much to do with a coronation, unless we're missing something (which I suppose is quite likely). M.A. Larson also seemed to be having a lot of fun on Twitter when the episode synopsis was revealed. I wouldn't be surprised if they fooled us all.
    My guess for the whole Royal Coronation thing is that the one to be coronated is going to be the little girl who wins the contest to go out to LA.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

My one thought on the whole issue is, remember last year. Remember how it turned out awesome?

I think the show has earned a bit of trust, we can complain after it airs if we want.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

this reminds me:

Discord's Things I am no longer allowed to do in Equestria:
    Spoiler
    Show

1. No trying to solve every problem by suggesting that we throw the Everfree Forest at it.
    2. No I may not make a second Everfree Forest. I can make the Everfree Forest my vacation home, but no making a second one.
    3. I may no longer put up various posters depicting Princess Celestia as an iron-hoofed tyrant.
    4. Nor may I make Princess Celestia appear in young mares and fillies dreams in a suggestive fashion.
    5. Furthermore I will not appear in anyone's dream as Rainbow Dash in a suggestive fashion
    6. Nor may I make the sky green. Again.
    7. Or purple or red
    8. Just stop making the sky other colors! Blue is perfectly fine! Though I am allowed to change it on holidays.
    9. No, Appleoosa does not look better upside down, put the town back to normal!
    10. I may not subtly change the constellations to spell out "Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy <3 4 Ever" curse you Twilight…..
    11. There is no such thing as "humans" and I will stop referring to them as soon as possible. I will also of course cease winking in random directions (Not! *wink*)
    12. I will not make apples taste like oranges
    13. Or lemons
    14. or pineapples
    15. or bananas
    16. or limes
    17. any fruit other than apples
    18. I will not make Celestia's voice come out of Luna's mouth and vice versa
    19. I will not convince Luna to start speaking in the royal voice again
    20. I will not pretend to be a genie and go around granting people 3 wishes.
    21. I will not take anyone's words literally ever again.
    22. No, I may not go fishing nowhere near water.
    23. Or sit on clouds upside down and start fishing upwards into the sky
    24. I may not convince Rarity that she will be protected from dirt forever if she simply prays to the tiki gods of some random tropical jungle while doing strange rituals
    25. I may not make Rainbow Dash's pelt match her mane.
    26. Nor may I randomly teleport Pinkie Pie to Manehattan just to see what happens.
    27. I will not convince Spike that I know anything about dragons. EVER.
    28. Furthermore, I will not convince Twilight that I created the world and everything within it.
    29. I will not dress up as this "Ebon Dragon" for Halloween that uh…holiday I forget its name, the one with the scary monsters…
    30. However I am allowed to have a television to watch his numerous failures while I eat popcorn, and laugh, because I am clearly far better than him.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Totally Mind-Blowing Humanized Carrot Top and Derpy
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Kane View Post
    What is this from?

Spoiler
    Show
    That... is.. mindblowingly incredible.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    My one thought on the whole issue is, remember last year. Remember how it turned out awesome?

I think the show has earned a bit of trust, we can complain after it airs if we want.
    I don't know. I wouldn't say Cadance and Shining Armor turned out awesome, in fact I wouldn't be the least bit sad if we've seen the last of them (unlikely though), and I didn't exactly cheer their return in S3. The changelings, sure, they were awesome, but the wedding ... they just sort of covered that irksome bit with enough changeling frosting to make us swallow it.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    What is this from?
    Ax Brutaloo.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Spamalot in the Playground

Hmm I think there's a knock-off line of "You might be a brony when..." jokes to be made from situations just like this.
    • If you spend 10 minutes debating with your 4-year old daughter that the proper term is "Zap Apple" and not "Rainbow apple"...
    • If the abbreviation 'NMM' doesn't translate first to Nexus Mod Manager when discussing the modding community...
    • If being asked to help bake cupcakes causes you to hide all the cutlery in the kitchen...
    • If asked for the 6th element on the chart and your response isn't Carbon...
    • If you're too party to drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Kane View Post
    Heehee, nice.

I agree. I totally look forward to the season finale, wings and all. The show has been fairly consistant with season openers and finishes so I trust that they will keep at least that status quo going.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow that's a lot of orange.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

13. - Top - End - #223

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Well well well, look at what has recently turned up in a toy magazine. *Kind of-Maybe-Sort of Spoilers?*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I think it's pretty safe to say now that Alicorn Twilight is happening.
    The first thing I notice is that "Twilight" is taller than the other ponies. The second thing is that Hasbro toy devision has never seemed to get the colors for Luna and Cadance right. Heck, I've seen Luna toys that I was sure was Twilight (or maybe even Midnight) at first glance.
    Spoiler
    Show

That's a very purplish Princess Luna.

The third is that this isn't even the first time we've seen wings on a unicorn, and those sure don't look like pegasus wings.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, I realize Rarity had wings in Sonic Rainboom. That doesn't mean the toy devision won't slap wings on any pony they want.

Ultimately, with this being a Crystal Empire set and only three other of the main cast there, I'm thinking we're looking at a purplish Cadance rather than an alicorn Twilight.

Even the wings are like previous Cadance toys.
    Spoiler
    Show

You expected some kind of comment, didn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    The first thing I notice is that "Twilight" is taller than the other ponies. The second thing is that Hasbro toy devision has never seemed to get the colors for Luna and Cadance right. Heck, I've seen Luna toys that I was sure was Twilight (or maybe even Midnight) at first glance.
    Spoiler
    Show

That's a very purplish Princess Luna.

The third is that this isn't even the first time we've seen wings on a unicorn, and those sure don't look like pegasus wings.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, I realize Rarity had wings in Sonic Rainboom. That doesn't mean the toy devision won't slap wings on any pony they want.

Ultimately, with this being a Crystal Empire set and only three other of the main cast there, I'm thinking we're looking at a purplish Cadance rather than an alicorn Twilight.

Even the wings are like previous Cadance toys.
    Spoiler
    Show

You expected some kind of comment, didn't you?
    I don't know, that tiara she is wearing looks suspiciously similar to the Element of Magic, and the window on the right of the playset looks like it is shaped like Twilight's cutie mark.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

15. - Top - End - #225
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I don't know, that tiara she is wearing looks suspiciously similar to the Element of Magic, and the window on the right of the playset looks like it is shaped like Twilight's cutie mark.
    This feels like a reach. The top of the band of the Element of Magic is decorated with filigree, not spikes. It's set with many small jewels below the main one, not one singular jewel. And the main jewel is not a sphere. Can't speak to the window, never having examined or purchased any merch.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

or
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe it's Sombra Round 2.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    or
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe it's Sombra Round 2.
    I'd rather have (mostly) reformed Discord show up and... "help".
    I feel like the question of what Celestia wants to use Discord's magic for really needs a canon explanation. Nothing aired this season so far has me more curious than that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    This feels like a reach. The top of the band of the Element of Magic is decorated with filigree, not spikes. It's set with many small jewels below the main one, not one singular jewel. And the main jewel is not a sphere. Can't speak to the window, never having examined or purchased any merch.
    Here's a close up of the tiara from a previous Celestia/Twilight set:
    Giant image, Click on link

I dunno for sure since the Toy Fair image is a bit blurry. What do you think?
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-01-23 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Adding info
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

I'd rather have (mostly) reformed Discord show up and... "help".
    I feel like the question of what Celestia wants to use Discord's magic for really needs a canon explanation. Nothing aired this season so far has me more curious than that right now.

Here's a close up of the tiara from a previous Celestia/Twilight set:
    Giant image, Click on link

I dunno for sure since the Toy Fair image is a bit blurry. What do you think?
    your tia is pink. your argument is invalid
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    your tia is pink. your argument is invalid
    Showlestia is technically pink as well. Admittedly, it's pretty close to the lightest shade of pink possible and nobody would actually call it pink (since it's white), but nevertheless it's pink.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground

Random (off the wall) spec:
    - Sombra is a Princess mistook to be a king.
    - Sombra got gender-bent and reformed and given her own nation.
    - "Queen" Sombra, in more ways than one.

ooo....
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/0...confirmed.html

I am fantasizing Megumi Hayashibara AS Fluttershy in her Rei voice....
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2013-01-23 at 06:06 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Random (off the wall) spec:
    - Sombra is a Princess mistook to be a king.
    - Sombra got gender-bent and reformed and given her own nation.
    - "Queen" Sombra, in more ways than one.

ooo....

Well we did have Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy in Gundam 00.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    ooo....

I would have thought Kikuko Inoue would be the more immediate thought

... wait....

Megumi Hayashibara? Ah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-HA!

Spoiler
    Show
    DRAGON. SLAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-HA!

Sorry my mind went a little screwy there for a second.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Did anybody order some pony pics?

No? Are you sure? Maybe you should look at them, just to check.

Spoiler
    Show

It's okay, it's not coffee, it's hot chocolate!

Pinkie with coffee... *shudder*

I am told this is "wing motorboating". It's probably not what you're expecting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend to all the animals.
    Spoiler
    Show

A grusome, yet awesome, redesign of Chrysalis.
    Spoiler
    Show

And a regular Chrysalis.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    A grusome, yet awesome, redesign of Chrysalis.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like this crossover version too--
    Spoiler
    Show

Resistance is futile.
    Your love will be assimilated and serve the hive.

Also, LOL @ "Wing Motorboating"

Have a funny Discord comic (Paranoia is Magic):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Have a funny Discord comic (Paranoia is Magic):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Less paranoia, more common sense when Discord is involved...

26. - Top - End - #236

Talking about paranoia re: discord only brings to my mind one thing.

Even commie mutants like Discord can be redeemed by the efforts of agents of our glorious princess. The Alicorn is your friend
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Talking about paranoia re: discord only brings to my mind one thing.

Even commie mutants like Discord can be redeemed by the efforts of agents of our glorious princess. The Alicorn is your friend
    Ponynoia? FUND THIS NAO.
    Truth resists simplicity.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Ponynoia? FUND THIS NAO.
    Pinkie, who totally doesn't have creepy mutant powers would naturally make the best... Hygene officer. That is if she changes her name to something less seditious. The princess is your friend
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #239
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Pinkie, who totally doesn't have creepy mutant powers would naturally make the best... Hygene officer. That is if she changes her name to something less seditious. The princess is your friend

Friend Celestia expects a Friendship Report.

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

Friend Celestia expects a Friendship Report.
    Remember, citizen, unsufficiant friendship levels cause chaos. Those who are unwilling to spread friendship are Nightmareites. All Nightmareites are traitors. Traitors must undergo Everfree-class friendship enhancing activities. Those who decline to undergo friendship enhancing activites cause discord. All ponies who cause discord are traitors.

Have a happy daycycle!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2013-01-23 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show