New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1476

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 85

1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 85

[Maple Cabin]

"Well..." Okay, sure he wasn't around for so long, but maybe she should just forget about it. He is here now after all. Kitty smiles a little bit. "Well, I guess it'd be silly of me to turn you away now when I was just complaining about you not being here. What did you have in mind?"

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

"Just tell me what it is you desire." He says, spreading his hands wide and smiling broadly.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

That strikes something in Kitty. Her desire? She's not sure she could list everything. Where to start, where to start. "I want to live in luxury, have people waiting at my beck and call. I want delicious food, a huge bed, and..." Kitty gets a sly looks and steps closer to him. "You." She says in the most suggestive tone she can muster.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Lodge

"There are a bunch of words for it, but one doctor says I'm 'psycho-morphic,'" he explains. "I can make solid shapes with my mind, but they're invisible to the naked eye." His eyes turn to the floor as he lowers his collar from his mouth. "And when I slip up, they go wild with every stray thought." Timmy also blushes slightly, not telling them that he was thinking about growing wings. "I don't have a lot of control."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Alyca and Miriah's Cabin

Yes, Timeskip... and Spaceskip

Skip all the way to,

Dinner

In the kitchen are three unlit candles, two unfilled plates, and a single blond boy dressed in a mix of his only good suit and an old "Kiss the Cook" apron staring intently at the oven cooking his chicken. His eyes shift nervously between the clock and the oven, as he's clearly fighting the urge to open the oven every twenty seconds to look at it.
    [Dinner]

"Kiss the Cook"? But Alyca already tried that and the cook didn't want her to! Does the apron grant him +10 to his cookery skillz or something?

In walks Alyca wearing a classy pink evening gown and heels and diamond earrings! She doesn't knock or anything, this being a public area and all. If Justin looks like he is distracted so much by his cooking that he doesn't notice her, she'll attempt to tip-toe up behind him and capture him in a sneak-surprise hug!

"Hi Justin!"

6. - Top - End - #1416

[Dinner - Kiss the Cook aprons are traditional American cooking attire]

It's his culture.

The surprise-hug causes him to jump up in her arms which, while probably cute from an outside perspective, is horrifically embarrassing to him. He must be way out of practice if he's being snuck up on so easily. "Hi Alyca," he says embarrassed. "The main course is almost ready, but the soup is on simmer if you'd like to start dinner now."

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dinner - She's going to have to do that more often!]

Squee! That was so adorable! Justin is soooo cuuuute when he jumps in surprise! <3

"I think I'll wait for you to finish working so that we can dine together! You must've put a lot of work into all of this! It smells delicious! How long have you been at this?"

Justin being a good cook makes him an even more precious mate! It'll also help explain why he has a plundered silverware collection stashed away somewhere if Alyca ever finds out about that.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-05-07 at 01:23 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

[Walking]

"I don't know how you'd keep something like that hidden." Irene says. Unless maybe technology was involved? Then it's probably possible.
    "It's a combination of conscious effort on the supernaturals' part and their own inherent nature making most normal humans forget what they saw," Sophie says. "I'm not sure why they want to stay hidden, though. For vampires it's just a matter of survival, but it seems that others have different reasons."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1419

Dinner - It'd lose its effect if she did it too often.

"About two weeks," Justin says smiling. "If you aren't scared off would you like to be the first person I cook for?"

Finally taking a look at her, he's very impressed. Diamond earrings. She doesn't do anything halfway, does she?

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dinner - But it's so cute!]

Two weeks? That's 42 meals! Alyca figures Justin probably knows what he's doing judging by the heavenly scent of the meal. He could have never cooked anything before today and she wouldn't care because everything smells absolutely finger-licking good!

"Of course! I'd be honored."

Alyca declares with a small smile. How could anyone in their right mind turn down such a charmer?

"Now before I forget, I brought you a present this time!"

Alyca digs through her purse for a moment before procuring a smallish present box wrapped in paper stamped with brightly green, red, blue, and yellow dots tied up in with a shiny red ribbon and offering it to Justin with a big smile! This IC day is like Christmas except that it's not!

11. - Top - End - #1421

[Dinner - Presents!]

That math severely exaggerates the number of meals he has a day.

"A present? I haven't gotten a present in ages." It has been years since his last birthday party. He takes the little box and is about to open it, his hand hovering over the package. "I almost can't. I mean, it's gift wrapped and everything. It's even got a ribbon, who even does that outside of cartoons. I feel so corny, but I have to unwrap this right." He's so happy at getting a present he's almost giggling. He undoes the ribbon and pockets that, and undoes the wrapping paper by whatever tape holds it together to open it.

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dinner - Alyca Is Coming To Town!]

My relatives do that outside of cartoons. >.<

And inside the present box is...is...

A new exorbitantly expensive combination cell phone/music player/game system with a touch screen, a holoprojector, and an onboard sophisticated AI. Its color scheme matches Justin's jumpsuit and it is branded with his trademark yellow 47. Alyca is footing the cell phone bill, so if Justin uses it, it'll be a gift that keeps on giving. It is already loaded up with a wide variety of music and games that Alyca thought Justin might enjoy.

Alyca was thinking about buying Justin a car, but she had a feeling that he'd refuse to accept a gift like that at this stage in their relationship. Watching Justin so carefully unwrap the gift is a huge reward for Alyca. His excitement is filling her to the brim with warm happiness. It feels so good to give.

"I thought you could use one so you could call me if you ever need something. I hope you like it!"

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "There are a bunch of words for it, but one doctor says I'm 'psycho-morphic,'" he explains. "I can make solid shapes with my mind, but they're invisible to the naked eye." His eyes turn to the floor as he lowers his collar from his mouth. "And when I slip up, they go wild with every stray thought." Timmy also blushes slightly, not telling them that he was thinking about growing wings. "I don't have a lot of control."
    Well that does sound dangerous, and fairly impressive if he could control it. "Yet." She adds as he says he doesn't have much control. "It sounds like your power could be really useful if you could really control it. Have you found anyone who might be able to help teach you how to control them?" She hopes she sounds encourgaing. She can tell he is scared of his own ablities and wishes she could help more.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Lodge

Mark doesn't say anything, but he makes the soft whirring he often does when deep in thought.
    In this case he's devising an optical upgrade capable of sensing psychokinetic constructs.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

15. - Top - End - #1425

[Dinner - You had him at "yellow 47"]

In my family we buy colored gift bags and stuff them with that colored paper.

"Of course I like it!" It is everything he could want from a phone, and he wouldn't even no if it works right. Of course, if and when he finds out about that bill, he'll almost certainly demand to pay (until he hacks it for free service). He opens his arms for a hug when three egg timers, the oven timer and his pipboy all go off. "That would be the chicken." He takes the bird and potatoes out of the oven and sets them on the top. "You take a seat, I'll serve you in a second."

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Orc in the Playground

Outside With Kevin

"Mikani gets the cooler transformation scenes, but I get the cooler shapes." Natalie watched Jamie's transformation before she looks towards Kevin as she talks.

Grounds

"I didn't decapitate him. His head rotted off after a few months and I dangled it from my yew's branches. But you've done more with your life, I admit. I can't leave my yew." Which is why Baccata asked Justin to move it and her here.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dinner - The Bells! The Bells!!!]

Cool! Less trash created that way!

But augh! All those alarms! They hurt Alyca's ears! It's Alyca's turn to jump in surprise with a small "Eep!" when those alarms go off. For the briefest second, her hands blur toward her hips as though she's going for a pistol before she stops herself and realizes that the alarms are a ton of timers going off, not emergency or warning alarms.

Whoops! Just act natural, Alyca! Act natural!

"Dang, that gave me a start! ... Wow, that chicken looks fantastic Justin!"

Her tummy is having the grumblies in anticipation just thinking about it!

Alyca will walk over to the table and seat herself, then! Goodness gracious does that smell good! *Grumble.* *Growl.*

18. - Top - End - #1428

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Grounds

"I didn't decapitate him. His head rotted off after a few months and I dangled it from my yew's branches. But you've done more with your life, I admit. I can't leave my yew." Which is why Baccata asked Justin to move it and her here.
    [Grounds]

"Yeah, I guess." he says avoiding the corpse talk. "At least now you have some more people to meet. That's something. You could probably make an adventure out of something here."

Digger has just pulled out a massive cubic plug of dirt, so now it's time to plant. The yew is unwrapped and carried to it's new destination not far from the almost exact center of the camp. "Yuh gunna wanna watah that tree a lot over the next few days to prevent shock," Dig advises from the sidelines of their conversation. We'll tawk payment when you two goofballs ah done makin goo-goo eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Main Lodge

Well that does sound dangerous, and fairly impressive if he could control it. "Yet." She adds as he says he doesn't have much control. "It sounds like your power could be really useful if you could really control it. Have you found anyone who might be able to help teach you how to control them?" She hopes she sounds encourgaing. She can tell he is scared of his own ablities and wishes she could help more.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Main Lodge

Mark doesn't say anything, but he makes the soft whirring he often does when deep in thought.
    In this case he's devising an optical upgrade capable of sensing psychokinetic constructs.
    [Main Lodge]

Timmy shakes his head. "No, I've never met another psychic." A teacher would probably make things easier, he probably wouldn't have run away if he had one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Dinner - The Bells! The Bells!!!]

Cool! Less trash created that way!

But augh! All those alarms! They hurt Alyca's ears! It's Alyca's turn to jump in surprise with a small "Eep!" when those alarms go off. For the briefest second, her hands blur toward her hips as though she's going for a pistol before she stops herself and realizes that the alarms are a ton of timers going off, not emergency or warning alarms.

Whoops! Just act natural, Alyca! Act natural!

"Dang, that gave me a start! ... Wow, that chicken looks fantastic Justin!"

Her tummy is having the grumblies in anticipation just thinking about it!

Alyca will walk over to the table and seat herself, then! Goodness gracious does that smell good! *Grumble.* *Growl.*
    [Dinner - Jumpy Revenge]

There's some well deserved snickers from Justin's side considering hpw cute that was, but the hand to the hip seems oddly familiar. Not that it could mean anything at all. Justin reaches for his gun because he's trained himself to. Alyca isn't a trained gunman. That's silly. "Sorry. And yeah. I hope it tastes as good as it looks. Pansy's herb butter recipe always came out nicely in practice." Though first things first, Justin prepares the bowls of pea and hamhock soup. Then he prepares the chicken and potatoes. Setting the table, he takes the opportunity to light those unlit candles before taking a seat himself.

"So, first impressions... What do you think? Good first try at romantic atmosphere?"

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Orc in the Playground

Grounds

"I hope so. Maybe somebody here knows a way I can get further from my tree, or something. If that's OK with you?" She says the last sentence to the tree. "Aww. They make such cute noises." Baccata still hasn't deciphered the thick accents of the halflings as language, it seems.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dinner - Definitely Not a Trained Hitman Secret Agent Gunman]

Karmic justice! How it burns!

Alyca is a little embarrassed by her reaction to the bells but giggles it off in no time flat. Alyca then examines her romantic environment quite thoroughly as though she were grading it, though she's clearly playing with Justin if the "Hmm..." noises she is making and the way she is stroking her chin are anything to go by.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate this first impression an 11. I mean, you rented out the whole restaurant for us and everything!"

Alyca giggles.

"You put a lot of work into all of this, Justin. That shows me how much I mean to you."

A homemade meal is a labor of love. Anyone can order take out pizza or Italian and eat it with someone, but for someone to put time and effort into actually cooking a meal is something Alyca really, really appreciates. She's a romantic at her core and it feels really great having a special someone willing to go out of his way to please her.

21. - Top - End - #1431

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [MedLab]

Welp that's proof enough they aren't here for what Tobias claims, but something else. Keeping it a secret on top of that.
    "I'll leave you to your family time then." Reinholdt turns to exit the MedLab. Probably go perch himself up on the roof or something.
    The fact that Tobias said it should be proof enough it's not completely true.

An hour or so later, a crowd of NPC doctors file out of the building and leave the camp. One of them is in tears. Toby saunters out after them, muttering to himself. Can't handle a little pressure at all. Would make an awful battlefield medic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Outside With Kevin]

Jamie doesn't seem to notice Kevin's alarm at the wand, instead pointing it to the sky.

""I am the Druid Princess Mikani, defender of nature's beauty and leader of pure hearts!" she declares. And the breeze picks up, swirling around her with ribbons as she Transforms before Kevin's eyes!

Thankfully the ribbons provide modesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Wooo!" Brinika cheers on Jamie and jumps up and down.
    Kevin blushes mightily and stares at the ground. He doesn't even see how Mikani looks different from Jamie. That's... uh... very flashy magic, Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Infirmary +]

"...friends, you say." Sayuri gives him a smirk. "Hm, whatever you say..."

"So why are you coming over here anyway? Training? Vacation?"

I'm here to learn Druidic magic. And probably some other stuff too, but that's what I'm excited about.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Well I don't know any yet, but I'm sure there has to be a few around who could help. I'll make sure to keep my eyes open." She promises him before taking a large bite of her sandwich. She thinks for a bit as she chews then swallows her food. "I bet someone who has been here longer would probably know someone who could help."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Lodge

"This seems like a logical assumption. Further inquiry would likely prove successful."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary +]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "...friends, you say." Sayuri gives him a smirk. "Hm, whatever you say..."

"So why are you coming over here anyway? Training? Vacation?"
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post

I'm here to learn Druidic magic. And probably some other stuff too, but that's what I'm excited about.
    Pearl just listens quietly, quickly and easily forgetting about the search for the drink poisoner.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

[Jamie and Kevin and Friends]

Kevin blushes mightily and stares at the ground. He doesn't even see how Mikani looks different from Jamie. That's... uh... very flashy magic, Jamie.
    "Thanks, Kevin." Mikani giggles. "I'm Mikani when I'm like this though."

And she steps forwards and reaches to tilt his chin up so he can look...
    Oh dear!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Infirmary +]

Pearl just listens quietly, quickly and easily forgetting about the search for the drink poisoner.
    [Infirmary +]

Sayuri goes to try to pick Pearl up again. "Druidic magic? Like Jamie's magical girl things?"

She giggles a bit, imagining Kevin as a magical girl boy.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #1437

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Grounds

"I hope so. Maybe somebody here knows a way I can get further from my tree, or something. If that's OK with you?" She says the last sentence to the tree. "Aww. They make such cute noises." Baccata still hasn't deciphered the thick accents of the halflings as language, it seems.
    Grounds

"Why would-" oh, she's talking to the tree, "your tree mind. Does the tree even get pronouns? If it was okay with getting moved so many miles, I don't think it would. And they're speaking in accents. Oddly American accents. Where are you from?"

"Magicul Bawston. Wheah you from?"

"Very non-magical Atlanta. I told your boss that the pick-up, the planting and the building were all on the same bill. Don't worry about it. Go help your buddies, with the range, they have the plans."

"Yeah, fine." Digger sulks off.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"Well I don't know any yet, but I'm sure there has to be a few around who could help. I'll make sure to keep my eyes open." She promises him before taking a large bite of her sandwich. She thinks for a bit as she chews then swallows her food. "I bet someone who has been here longer would probably know someone who could help."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Main Lodge

"This seems like a logical assumption. Further inquiry would likely prove successful."
    Main Lodge

"I- Thank you. That sounds great." Timmy's wearing a hopeful expression to say the least. "A teacher might be perfect."

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Dinner - Definitely Not a Trained Hitman Secret Agent Gunman]

Karmic justice! How it burns!

Alyca is a little embarrassed by her reaction to the bells but giggles it off in no time flat. Alyca then examines her romantic environment quite thoroughly as though she were grading it, though she's clearly playing with Justin if the "Hmm..." noises she is making and the way she is stroking her chin are anything to go by.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate this first impression an 11. I mean, you rented out the whole restaurant for us and everything!"

Alyca giggles.

"You put a lot of work into all of this, Justin. That shows me how much I mean to you."

A homemade meal is a labor of love. Anyone can order take out pizza or Italian and eat it with someone, but for someone to put time and effort into actually cooking a meal is something Alyca really, really appreciates. She's a romantic at her core and it feels really great having a special someone willing to go out of his way to please her.
    Dinner - Breaking the scale

"Thanks. I guess all that's left is to enjoy the food and the company. Shouldn't be too hard." Just takes a sip of the soup (with the spoons his writer forgot to mention but he didn't) and seems fairly impressed by his own work. Almost surprised really.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2013-05-08 at 04:38 PM.

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

[Jamie and Kevin and Friends]

Brinika's ears twitch as she watches Jamie and Kevin. Even after those two years, she still doesn't entirely understand humans...

[In Front of Main Cabin]

Reelshka can be seen there, sitting on a bench and reading what appears to be a goblin magazine. She's also visibly pregnant by now, although seemingly not too far into pregnancy.

[Kitchen]

And in the kitchen there's yet another goblin. A rather plump, brown-skinned goblin lady with some family resemblance to Reelshka. Some may recognize her as Reelshka's sister and Brinika's mother. She's preparing some food for her sister.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Orc in the Playground

Grounds

"It moved so many miles with me. I am linked to my tree- if I die, it dies, and vice versa. It lived before my birth, but since I was born from its boles I haven't left; I haven't been able to leave. It is my soul, or I'm the tree's soul. And that's language? It's completely incomprehensible!" Hopefully, she hasn't inadvertently insulted the halflings. That might be bad.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dinner - Hey, Alyca Isn't That Heavy!]

Alyca follows suit, sampling a small spoonful of pea soup in a most lady-like fashion. She blinks several times in quick succession upon experiencing the sensational savory soup. Dang that's good! After her mouth is no longer full, she enthusiastically comments on it!

"Wow! This is fantastic Justin! Where'd you learn to cook like this?"

Alyca hurriedly gulps down another spoonful of soup! She must nom it all!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-05-08 at 05:48 PM.