New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Gladtorial Arena!

ALL!
    After being in a Large Caraven, going for what seemed like Years in the hot, Airless, and dry, Bumpy cart, you enter a room, Pushed inside by Hobgoblins, One Cracking a Whip, One Poking you all in the back with a long, pointy stick. That appears to be a Halberd.

"ON WITH IT, YOU MAGGOTS!"
    The Hobgoblin with the Whip Cracks it, And the other terrifiyed prisoners shuffle forward.

The Room is dark, and slightly more ventilated then the Caraven, But still dry, when a Black Skinned Orc walks around your group, Ocasionally poking one of you.
    When he reaches the Prisoner you know by the name of Alak, a Scrawny human male, He pulls him out of the group, and pushes him through a room.
    He goes about the rest, Ocasionally pulling someone out and pushing him back through the room, before Clacking something in Goblin, and walking out, through a door you didn't notice before.
    You all get pushed into a room, which contains Many, Odd asorted creatures, Some Obviusally Gladiators, and some having no idea what they are doing.
    (Pretty much any creature is here, Use your Imigination.)
    What do you do?
    (Also, you all are Fatigued)
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2013-02-22 at 08:05 PM.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gladtorial Arena!

Avacyn looks around, she is slightly amused, it of course still shocks her that she is hold hostage in what seems a strange procession of freaks and monsters.

For an instant she focus, trying to realize if this is a dream, what else would be able to hold her in this way? She then checks her clothing and equipment, cleaning and patching up whatever she wears, and whispering something in draconic. Soon she feels better, more relieved and calmed. That done she tries her memory, checking for any information that might evade her eyes.

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show

lucid dreaming check: to see if she is dreaming (1d20+28)[44] (she needs a 5)
    Ray of resurgence casted on herself, fatigue removed, strength restored, strength penalties removed, 3 temporal hp gained, 2 hp restored, and stunned removed.
    knowledge checks
    know (Arcana) (1d20+35)[40]
    know (Dungeon) (1d20+35)[54]
    know (nature) (1d20+35)[47]
    know (rel) (1d20+35)[55]
    know (planes) (1d20+35)[51]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Zeke

Zeke's focus broke. He enjoyed the treatment. He had for quite some time. The treatment led to his favorite pasttime. Combat. He sat patiently, as objects of soul energy formed around him, items that resembled monsters most others had only heard of in legend.

Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot to choose my soulmelds, so i'm working on them as i speak. I'm listing them and my manuevers on my character sheet.

Feats and Readied Manuevers listed on the sheet.

As for Zeke's response. He did personally join the arena, after, for the sake of fighting.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2013-02-23 at 08:15 PM.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Naezaar's eyes narrow as the Orc examines him. As if any pathetic, living worm had the right to call him a maggot.

Still, he looked forward to the chance to drink the blood of mortals... and he knew better than to attack the orc now. There was always a time for revenge later, and it could be accomplished in ways that would not be linked to Naezaar.

Instead, he settles for looking scornfully around the room. How many here could actually threaten him in combat, he wondered? And for that matter, why was he here? The last thing he remembers is a flash of light...
    Perhaps an experiment was in order. Waiting until no eyes were on him, he disappeared

Spoiler
    Show
    Being undead, Naezaar is not fatigued

Naezaar is simply activating his natural invisibility, primarily to make note of who, if anyone, will notice his absence or even see through the effect.

I'm guessing that would be a spot check, if a check at all?
    Spot: (1d20+24)[17](41)
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Orin Stonecleaver,

Orin watches the orc leave the room with a sneer then turns to survey the room.
    "A gladiator arena? Are they ignorant, or just stupid? I don't know if the rest of you want to be here, but if you don't, why do we not just try to escape when it's our turn to fight? Huh?"
    He looks at the other creatures, trying to gauge their reaction to his words. "Many of you are powerful, or well equipped. If you wish to join me in freedom, we should plan now, before that arena claims more lives."
    The dwarf carved from granite remains standing after his speech is done.

edit:
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Probably a sense motive trying to tell if people can see you. Particularly if they can see you, but are trying to hide the fact that they can see you. (Similar to how you need a sense motive to tell if someone is charmed/dominated, or if they're using the appropriate feats/abilities, to tell if they're feigning the charm effect when they actually made their save.
    Last edited by herrhauptmann; 2013-02-24 at 03:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Av'Lak doesn't seem bothered by the little thing calling him a maggot. Instead, he just looks around, seeing all the creatures and smiling , grunting quietly. After the dwarf stands and gives his speech, the barbarian wizard remains silent, waiting for what could be a good laugh or a good fight.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Avacyn
    Not Dreaming...Maybe drugged?

Zeke
    A Hobgoblin comes up behind you, And taps you on the shoulder; His common is fairly bad, though you can understand it...barely.
    "Sir? Please come this way."

Naezaar
    You feel a Sharp, And Painful feeling, as you attempt to turn invisible, and it drives you to your knees.
    Take 20 Damage.

Orin Stonecleaver
    Little to no response, Except for laughing.

Av'Lak
    He get's it, a good Laugh.

All
    A Grey orc walks to the place where you entered, Grabs a slave, forces him to all fours, and stands on him.
    "Allright, You all are here, for reasons we really don't care about, so don't get used to me being so nice.
    It's dinner time, and then it's lights out, tomorrow is the beginning of Her's...His...It's Majesty's reign."

He spits.
    "So, Rest up, You might not live tomorrow."
    He smiles, steps down, bangs on a metal slate on the wall, and walks out.
    A Female orc walks in, and begins to hand out bread to everyone, and then walks out.
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2013-02-25 at 07:53 PM.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #8

Naezaar grimaces. That was... interesting. And more than a little disturbing. His body was already healing, of course. That was of no concern. But if he could not activate his abilities in here... or cast in any way... that was very bad.

He laughs cruelly as the Orc leaves. "I haven't lived for centuries..."

His eyes closed for a moment. He was confident he would be able to cast in the arena. He would have to work out something there.
    Not much to go on. He settles for glaring at the dwarf who made the speech in the meantime. "And just how do you propose to acquire this freedom?"

Spoiler
    Show
    His fast healing 5 will do away with the damage soon.

Knowledge (arcana) to see might what caused him this damage: (1d20+34)[49]
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Naezaar
    Your Knowledge fails you, except that you can deduce that it radiates powerful Chaos.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Orin

The flint-eyed dwarf sits back on a bench calmly meeting the stare of the pale fey.
    "Teleport, fly, burrow, planeshift. There's four ways. Shadow walk, gate. That's two more. There's few ways out of this 'barracks' " He pauses to take a bite of bread.
    "But more options exist in the arena. Sometimes magic is shut down, and sometimes it ain't. Some spells take more than a moment to cast, so a body needs an ally to protect him while he works. And once we're free, I don't fancy lettin' some gnome-brained fool walk away unpunished for trying to choose my battles."
    His mouth twists as he finishes his bread. "The important question is, are you here by choice, or no?"
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Actions while eating and talking:
    Try to observe the crowd, see who looks like they want to be there (the laughing ones), and who is as unhappy or angry as he is.
    I'm not sure what that would be?
    Spot+35
    Sense motive+3

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Avacyn the fey of winter approaches the dwarf and smiles slightly at him.

"Since you don't seem to be a figment of my own mind, or if you are you are one that advocates for freedom, I'll here you out."

She then moves her hand towards her cloak drawing a cup and a flask of sweet and steaming tee, pouring herself a cup she gives a smile and a slight nod to their other companion.

"Whether I'm here by choice, or not, is irrelevant; I am here. And I choice to make most of my time. Right now a gladiatorial arena seems like a strange and unknown prospect. I don't like unknown. Survival I do like. What is your proposal?"

Ooc: Could anyone post a link to the OOC thread? I didn't subscribe and lost it

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Orin,
    "Unfortunately, I dinnae have a plan right now Missy. Fer now, we just need to find those who agree wit us. And among us, agree not to kill one another, or even fight at full strength in the arena. Thar be no point to asking for help from some bloodthirsty fool who wants to be here. That said, I'm partial to the idea of escaping to another plane and finding our way back home again. Stronger spells like Gate are harder to counter."
    "What are your names?" He addresses both the beautiful woman and the pale Sidh. "I am Orin Stonecleaver from Mithral Hall."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Orin will try activating some of his abilities. If any cause damage, he'll stop.
    See invisibility, then detect undead and detect magic. (from class and items)
    Next will be a quick check of his defensive abilities. Blinking ring, and smoking armor spikes.
    Finally, a short dim. door to the corner of the room where people go to the toilet. This last will happen after the conversation is over.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Zeke

Zeke growls lightly, but he follows after the Hobgoblin. He had heard the speech before, and did not much care to listen to it. So, more important to him was what the Hobgoblin wanted, assuming it meant anything to him.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Av'Lak remains silent and serious for a while, watching. His breathing is heavy. He starts speaking, his deep voice bouncing the walls, as he grins widely. I don't like running away, my most recent dwarvish acquaintance. Of course, I have no problem with leaving this place, even though I'm here - as always - by my own will. But I'm here because I want challenge and fun, and if you want me to follow you, - his grin fades as he widens his eyes and stares at the dwarf, walking towards him - I'd appreciate a plan that involves cracking somebody's limbs. He grins again. That weakling who called us maggots, I think he needs a lesson on politeness. And you can call me Av'Lak.
    Last edited by Abrahadabra; 2013-02-28 at 12:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

"You may call me Naezaar," the vampire replies.

"I quite agree with the sentiment of revenge. However, I am not so confident as you of our ability to escape."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"Avlak, if you view combat and slaughter to be fun, imagine what we'll have when we're guarding a man as he binds angels to his will and sends them at the masters of this arena? Or conjuring a gate for our escape? Merely fighting until enemy morale breaks is one thing, but trying to hold a position for a length of time? Far more difficult, but the exhilaration afterwards is better by leaps and bounds." The dwarf explains in a gravely voice.

"Naezaar you say? Why do you believe escape won't be so easy? It's one thing to ward a barracks from magic, but another to ward the entire arena. I think we have a fair chance of it, assuming we can hold out long enough to try all options."