New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1510
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Indeed. For example, in previous games I've seen people post things such as: "Cassie is always a wolf when she plays a fluffy kitty." I think it's basically people just making assumptions on what they think people's roles might be based on previous play style.

It might be easier to just not talk about current games outside the game thread or QT or whatever, just because it's better safe, and if you happen to have a role of some sort, it's easier to not give it away if you just don't talk about it.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I'm still planning that Red Scare Werewolf game I mentioned a while back. The problem is that I do t have one to both play and a game at once. As soon as my current games cool down, I'll try to start it up.

Unless you want really bad narration. Then I could do it sooner.
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar (not currently in use) by Gurgleflep 15370262 328.
    How to play a monster.

I am currently Very Busy, and having limited D&D activity, so I am currently inactive.
    I got a long signature!
    DFTBA! Smilies!

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    I'll pass. I've seen enough of those in my time.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

I think the only Metagaming people really frown upon (and I could be wrong) is when you Revenge Kill someone because of something they did in another game.

Yes, this might sound hypocritical, as I seem to go after PizzaGuy a lot recently. But I'm not usually intending on actually lynching him. I think the only game where he's been killed due to me was Dethy, and I was sincere in not knowing who to believe, him or Sapo.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I was sincere in not knowing who to believe, him or Sapo.
    (Actually we both agreed that Random_person was the most suspicious)

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think the only Metagaming people really frown upon (and I could be wrong) is when you Revenge Kill someone because of something they did in another game.

Yes, this might sound hypocritical, as I seem to go after PizzaGuy a lot recently. But I'm not usually intending on actually lynching him. I think the only game where he's been killed due to me was Dethy, and I was sincere in not knowing who to believe, him or Sapo.
    I considered your hunting for me to be a high compliment. It means I am someone's big game prize.

It just sort of kills the sport of it if you dynamite every square inch of the tiger's lair, and also the rest of the entire zoo. Then you'll kill the tiger and all the innocent bystanders. In the final analysis, it is a Pyrrhic victory at best.
    Fleeing Coward: "We're both agreed that Banjo and I should be the next 2 to die, why are you so desperate to lynch me over Banjo today?"
    Pizzaguy: "Because there is a void, an emptiness in my soul, from having killed poor Eldritch Knight. And I can fill that void with your corpse, and put my danged pizza back on my avatar."

Pizzaguy: "I'm gonna try and bane the folks you try to murder. It will be a fun game of cat and mouse."

Pizzaguy: "Mason, Baner, Seer, is not a coincidence."

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Things like this. Could people (try) to use this against you in another game. I mean, this is my example because it would be hard to find concrete evidence with, but would people get angry if you used this as evidence.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Things like this. Could people (try) to use this against you in another game. I mean, this is my example because it would be hard to find concrete evidence with, but would people get angry if you used this as evidence.
    People like FC and Murska tend to get killed early in the game a lot because they do have a reputation. They're dangerous. A big threat if they're a wolf. BUT it is still a jerk move to say oh Disc Lorde was a wolf the last two games we should lynch him.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    People like FC and Murska tend to get killed early in the game a lot because they do have a reputation. They're dangerous. A big threat if they're a wolf. BUT it is still a jerk move to say oh Disc Lorde was a wolf the last two games we should lynch him.
    Plus, everyone deserves at least a chance to play, otherwise the people who are most useful/experienced will stop playing. Not to say that people shouldn't be lynched or NK or whatever, just...not the first day/night every single time.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I hate it, but I know it happens. ...Especially in games like Careless.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Dwarf in the Playground

I personally dislike metagaming because it seems to just reinforce itself, keeping players trapped in certain roles. It always bothers me when people disbelieve FC's claims, for example, just because he's fake claimed before, even when that is pretty irrelevant to the situation of the current game, and everyone has essentially the same chance of fake claiming in a given situation, from a strategic point of view. Though minor things like taking skill level, tells, and experience into account are basically unavoidable.

Anyways, I really popped in to request one more player for the Dethy tournament, who hasn't been in a previous heat. It will help us fill out the rounds more evenly and fairly.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

I am not really asking about reputations, but more about if one game is referred to in another game. Not straight out saying your role in another game, but saying something that could be used against you in another game.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

It happened to Alarra and Eldritch Knight in the last Classic, I believe. Normally, they point at one another the first day or so. But this time one or both didn't point that way. It made players who have seen them play together suspicious. I'm not 100% certain, but I think they were both up for lynching pretty quickly.

It doesn't bother me, except when it is done constantly. Murska and Fleeing Coward, and a few others who no longer play , are perfect examples of Metagaming gone too far. They are both great players, who rarely get to play past the first three days. Of course, it doesn't help them when they do survive the whole game, and turnn out to be wolves about 85% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    I am not really asking about reputations, but more about if one game is referred to in another game. Not straight out saying your role in another game, but saying something that could be used against you in another game.
    This happens, but I don't recall ever seeing someone state that as a specific reason why they are lynching another player. Players just need to be careful what they say in other games. I know I've typed up posts that unintentionally made reference to my role in another game, reread what I'd written, and rewrote it.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2014-05-28 at 05:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

It's in the way they act I tell you. They act villagerish when they are wolves, and wolfish when they are villagers.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

If village and wolf were consistent behavioral patterns, we could indeed solve that dilemma.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

WARNING!

All times in EST.
    I will not have computer access from 7:40 tomorrow morning until 9:00 ish the following morning. I will try to get actions and votes in tomorrow morning, if I do not change my vote later, please don't blame me. I won't be home.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Relevant; though I'll probably relinquish the spot anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    No, I'm really not in a position to start another game.
    I don't know how I missed that. Would you like to reserve another date?

Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    I'm still planning that Red Scare Werewolf game I mentioned a while back. The problem is that I do t have one to both play and a game at once. As soon as my current games cool down, I'll try to start it up.

Would you like to schedule a tenative date for that? You can always move it back if you find you still don't have time.

I have updated the OP. I will add more dates once I get home, in about an hour or so.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Halfling in the Playground

Just discovered this part of the forum. I wish a new game starts soon so I could start to play.
    Darn it Whisper !

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luizeu View Post
    Just discovered this part of the forum. I wish a new game starts soon so I could start to play.
    I believe Careless Investigation is operating on a rolling recruitment, so you could join that right away.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Yes. If anyone would like to join Careless Investigation WW, it operates on a rolling recruitment basis. That means that even if the game has begun, you may join! In fact, even if you die, you can choose a new role and come back into the game, provided there are any left! There are 60 roles available, and so far 23 have been taken. The first post is up-to-date in its role list (under Player List, under Role List), and all you have to do is choose a number (1-60) that has not yet been taken. If you're interested, read the rules and sign up!

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

I could also swap you in in the just started Middle Earth WW: Fellowship of the Ring To replace a player that stepped out.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

My "Red Scarewolf" game (yes, I'm really going to all it that ) shouldn't be too big, I think.

EDIT (before I even post!): I'm not sure exactly how big I'm looking for this game to be, but I think 20 players sounds about right. Do I need to reserve a spot for that?

More importantly, I need someone to bounce ideas off of, so I can make sure the special roles and general ideas I have ready will work. If someone helps me like this, they can't play in the game, though.
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar (not currently in use) by Gurgleflep 15370262 328.
    How to play a monster.

I am currently Very Busy, and having limited D&D activity, so I am currently inactive.
    I got a long signature!
    DFTBA! Smilies!

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

Nope. No reservation needed for games with 20 or under players.

But please let us know here when recruitment starts.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Halfling in the Playground

@Cuthalion I think your game seemed easier for a first timer. Just tell me what I have to do to start.
    Darn it Whisper !

25. - Top - End - #1105

I'm announcing I would like to host a 20 player game, Schoolhouse WW, around the beginning of July, would shoot for the week of July 6th. I Would also be looking for a co-narrator, primarily for behind the scenes mechanical assistance as well as potentially helping me balance the game. Narrations wouldn't be required, but optional.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    I Would also be looking for a co-narrator, primarily for behind the scenes mechanical assistance as well as potentially helping me balance the game. Narrations wouldn't be required, but optional.
    I can do this.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    I can do this.
    Are you euro or on an american night shift/early morning schedule? (As in, able to occsionally check the forums from about 1-2 AM PST to 10-11 AM PST consistantly?) Part of what I need is a person who will be on when I won't to make sure things go speedily for players. I think it'll be required for the game to work. If so, then I'll send you a PM in the next couple of days explaining the primary rules and mechanics.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-05-31 at 01:06 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1108

I don't expect to ever wake up earlier than 7 AM PST, sorry.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1109

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    I don't expect to ever wake up earlier than 7 AM PST, sorry.
    Oh well. If it weren't for that specific restriction I would have been more then welcoming for you as co-narrator. Maybe on a different game.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

@Cuthalion I think your game seemed easier for a first timer. Just tell me what I have to do to start.
    You'll get a Role PM in a few hours, I think (the co-narrator has to handle that) and join the game. We're currently in the night phase and it would be nice if you did not post until the official announcement that the night has ended and that you have been switched in. After that go to town.

Here's the link.
    Show
    You're my favorite.