New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1510
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I sort of thought the schedule applied to anything similar enough. My idea certainly is closer to being a werewolf game than a CoA game is but it's still really not a normal werewolf game at all.
    What I meant was that, to my knowledge, CoA has never utilized a scheduled slot.

I think a lot of it has to do with whether the narrator presents the game as a Werewolf game.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Well, rejoining mechanic is... tentatively in place. It adds more random, which is bleh, but we'll see how it works. Now all that's left is writing up the starting roles. It should be submitted by morning.

Edit: Wait no derp. Ramsus is running the next one, never mind.

Edit II: Alright, so. Checked schedule. Ramsus's game isn't on it, and I have mine basically done, so if his is less so, I could start now, if he doesn't mind, so as to ensure this week's slot gets used; on the other hand, if his is ready to go too, he already claimed it, so I'm certainly not trying to steal it from him if he thinks he can get it up in time, just noting that if he doesn't think that I'd like it.

On a sidenote: Mindfreak has officially quit the forums, last I checked. As such, given that he already threw Dragonspire Killers open once, and it was a rather neat concept, I'm going to note that I think we should open that up to other people running it - or at the very least using the rules. It's not like half the narrations weren't player generated anyway.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-12-24 at 05:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

I'm actually waiting on Lex to tell me when I should be recruiting for since there are things on the schedule in the future, but I don't know what their actual status is. Also figured at the very least it'd be better to put up a recruiting thread after the x-mas.

Also, I did say you could run your game before mine if you want, so it'd be kind of rude for me to not to continue to extend that offer after only a couple days and I haven't even put a thread up yet. So if you want to go first, just say so and I'll take the next slot after.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm actually waiting on Lex to tell me when I should be recruiting for since there are things on the schedule in the future, but I don't know what their actual status is. Also figured at the very least it'd be better to put up a recruiting thread after the x-mas.

Also, I did say you could run your game before mine if you want, so it'd be kind of rude for me to not to continue to extend that offer after only a couple days and I haven't even put a thread up yet. So if you want to go first, just say so and I'll take the next slot after.
    Sure, I suppose. I noticed this slot was free was all, so... Might as well. And heh, yeah, that's... A bit odd, that there are games for later that no-one is quite sure on the status of. But I'll at least toss up recruitment for Shadows tonight, if I get the roles done, thanks.

Edit: Right, keep forgetting that's start date and recruitment can be whenever... Eh. If I get enough people, we'll see when it starts, I guess.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-12-24 at 05:23 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

I sort of thought the schedule applied to anything similar enough. My idea certainly is closer to being a werewolf game than a CoA game is but it's still really not a normal werewolf game at all.

Well, since Penguinator isn't objecting (as far as I can tell), Lex can you sign me up for the next available slot for a werewolf game? (And tell me when that would be.)
    Sorry for the late schedule update. I added you to the 1st of Feb to 14th double week, as starting recruitment right now would be cutting it close, and also recruiting during the holiday season is not the best time & you'd be competing with B-Man's Classic , which should start recruiting soon.

C'Nor, I'll place you on the current space, if you still want it, or I can add you to after Ramsus. Let me know.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll update the schedule better after Christmas.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2014-12-25 at 10:24 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Lex, you can put down the name of my game as Core Component. (Credit for the name goes to Count Dingdong.)

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Things got unexpectedly hectic... And I found out that holy crap are the roles for this one a lot of work with how much is going into them. >.> So I suppose I likely should turn down the current slot.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    ...B-Man's Classic , which should start recruiting soon.
    Thread should be going up tomorrow when I arrive back from work in the Eastern afternoon. I can't believe these couple of months have flown by
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been accessing this site less often now since I am getting more busy, so I will cancel my place for a game. I don't want to reserve a game if I can't be a good narrator.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I'm not sure where else to say this, so here goes:

Happy New Year!!!

From my neck of the woods, at least. I hope it's been a fun year for the rest of you, and I look forward to all the games of the next!

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Posting from my phone: my computer just died, so my posting here will be far less than frequent. I apologize; the plan was to get a new computer tomorrow, and I hoped it would hold out until then. I hope this will be remedied soon, but I'll have to post away until then...

Edit: I have a new computer now! ...I just don't feel like triple-posting. But consider my away notice removed, despite it never coming into play.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2015-01-06 at 10:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

So...I'm going to get my WW: Shadowrun game started this weekend, which should be fun. But while I've been waiting on things to get going, I've had some interesting ideas for another Werewolf game, this one a vaguely modern setting that's otherwise extremely different from the Shadowrun setting. However, the impression I've gotten is that games can't be started just any old time; rather, they have to be approved and scheduled ahead of time, in order to not have too many games taking place at the same time. If this is the case, I'm perfectly fine taking a month or so to refine the idea, but if I can field it sooner, that would be great, too.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

lol... a month.... yeah..... you might want to look at the schedule and see how long you'll need to wait. Spoiler: It's more than a month.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

In fairness, you can start recruiting any time. You just can't have a game starting in the same week as any other game.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

It's not a good idea though to start recruiting way ahead of your start time though. People forget or lose interest or things come up and of course most people don't regularly check the schedule and won't know a game that went up for recruitment 4 months ahead of time isn't starting before the game that starts recruiting the next day that's supposed to start the next week. And that has the possible effect of accidentally stealing players from the actually upcoming game, and for no good reason.

Edit: Speaking of recruitment threads, I'm thinking of putting mine up as soon as Vecna's game starts. (In theory anyway. It may possibly take me several days to actually type up the first post. There will be a lot in it I believe.)
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-01-09 at 01:35 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh right, Central exists.

Apple WW has ended with a Good Green Apple, Purple Apple, Apple Corps, and Apple of the Eye/Sauced victory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, sure. I wasn't saying it would be a great idea to start it now; I was just noting that you don't have to schedule recruiting, just the start date, so if he wants to start recruiting for it a couple of weeks early to let people join, it's not a terrible idea.

Also, hrm. Oddness. Apparently those are two-week blocks, looking more closely; any particular reason why?

Also also, Lex, the game I'm going to be running is Nightmares in the Dark, not Shadows anymore - Shadows is insane and needs a lot more time.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Apparently those are two-week blocks, looking more closely; any particular reason why?
    Since there has been a lack of players signing up, I have made the decision to limit the recruiting to 1 game for every two weeks. This does include Classic and small less-than-20 games, please.
    can't just have quotes...and hooray I'm helpful

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

*Raises an eyebrow* That... Might or might not help, but it's also inconsistent with what she's said later. Oddness.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

What did I say later that was inconsistent? I'm asking that instead of the 1 per week games of before now be 1 per 2 weeks. Back in the days when we had 1 game scheduled every week, there was a lot of players, and games were consistently filling up with a rare few not getting enough players.

Recently we've been seeing more games not getting enough players, and fewer making it through the recruitment process. It seems more and more, players are either being really picky which games they play, or they are just more quickly feeling burn-out and not wishing to join 2 or 3 games at a time.

I'm hoping that spreading the games out may allow more games to be fully recruited. If it doesn't work, then I'm open to hearing suggestions on how to get a good player base going again.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Just posting here to let C'nor know their inbox is full, and I wasn't able to send them their QT. Since I'm here...

Is it standard operating procedure to set up a QT for the dead players?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Just posting here to let C'nor know their inbox is full, and I wasn't able to send them their QT. Since I'm here...

Is it standard operating procedure to set up a QT for the dead players?
    Not standard, but common, and if you don't you can probably expect a player to.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

What did I say later that was inconsistent? I'm asking that instead of the 1 per week games of before now be 1 per 2 weeks. Back in the days when we had 1 game scheduled every week, there was a lot of players, and games were consistently filling up with a rare few not getting enough players.

Recently we've been seeing more games not getting enough players, and fewer making it through the recruitment process. It seems more and more, players are either being really picky which games they play, or they are just more quickly feeling burn-out and not wishing to join 2 or 3 games at a time.

I'm hoping that spreading the games out may allow more games to be fully recruited. If it doesn't work, then I'm open to hearing suggestions on how to get a good player base going again.
    It's inconsistent because that calls out recruiting, not just starting. Which I'm fairly sure you've said isn't how it works?

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I said I would start working on my recruitment thread after Vecna's game started, and I'm still going to do that. But before I actually post it, Lex it seems awfully close to the scheduled start time for your game and there's no recruitment thread yet. Is it still going to happen? Anyway I'll wait for a reply at least before posting my recruitment thread and if it is going to happen I'll just wait a few more days so it doesn't wind up looking like my game is happening first.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    It's inconsistent because that calls out recruiting, not just starting. Which I'm fairly sure you've said isn't how it works?
    Recruitment can overlap. The date is for the proposed start date week(s). The game is to start during those two weeks, whereas recruitment should begin two weeks prior to your own personal start date.

So, if I had wanted to start my game on the 28th of January, I would ask to be scheduled for the 18th to 31st timeslot, as I did. Since I wish to start the game on the 28th, recruitment should begin at the very least by the 14th, to give the recommended two weeks of recruitment.

Since Ramsus' game is to begin sometime between the 1st and 14th of Febuary, there is the possibility of overlap. So, let's say he wishes to start his game on the 2nd. Going with the two weeks of recruitment, he would begin recruitment on the 19th of January.

Between the 19th and the 28th, our two games will be recruiting at the same time. If he wishes to begin recruitment three weeks before, that is alright too.

The main point is that there is only supposed to be 1 game starting in any two week period. This does not include the recruitment time.

Well, I said I would start working on my recruitment thread after Vecna's game started, and I'm still going to do that. But before I actually post it, Lex it seems awfully close to the scheduled start time for your game and there's no recruitment thread yet. Is it still going to happen? Anyway I'll wait for a reply at least before posting my recruitment thread and if it is going to happen I'll just wait a few more days so it doesn't wind up looking like my game is happening first.
    Go ahead. Just remember your game is scheduled to start between Febuary 1st and the 14th.

I'll post my recruitment either tomorrow or Wednesday. Promise. Which means my game will start either the 27th or the 28th. Here's hoping I don't bomb it again.
    Actually, go ahead and begin recruitment without worry. I rescheduled (once again ) for the beginning of March.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-01-12 at 08:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Ah ok. Well my recruitment thread probably won't be done for a few more days at least. It's kinda detailed and working on it all at once would be soul crushing. Still, good to have clarity and wiggle room.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I've got a few custom WW rule systems I want to get feedback on (including a 2.0 version of my WW:Shadowrun rules). Would it be a better idea to post them in this thread, or to make new threads devoted to troubleshooting the systems?

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

Post them either here, or in the Pub. I believe the Pub was created specifically for this. But we always discussed ideas here before that was created, so either place works.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can I ask how the two week timeslots work for scheduling games? Is that block for recruitment to take place, or is it just you should schedule your game to recruit/start somewhere within this gap?

Either way, can I take the slot starting 29th March for Adventure Time WW: Mathematical Edition - 2+2=Fanfiction?

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

The timeslot is for the start of the game itself, ensuring that no other game is supposed to start during that period. You begin recruitment two weeks before your intended start date.