New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside VI

Hair, Nails, Scales, and Claws

Some time later (Yeah, skipping a bit, hope this is okay) Cessie visits the beauty salon once again, this time with her husband in tow. I'm sure Harnel is just thrilled about getting his scales and hair done.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hair, Nails, Scales, and Claws]

He isn't happy in the slightest, but he's complying. A thing with Harnel is that he wants to be attractive for Cessie; it's why he started reading poetry in the first place, just for her..

Still, he has a few cracked scales - being a blacksmith and a warrior isn't easy on your body, half-dragon or no - and he hasn't gotten a haircut in over six months due to not liking people touching his head. it's something of a long frizzy mess at this point.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

[HNSC]

And awaiting their arrival, it seems, is one of the shop's employees...

sans Uzi, of course.

"Ah, good day ma'am, good day, sir, and welcome to Hair, Nails, Scales and Claws. Are we here for the madam's appointment, then?" And the half-drow raises an eyebrow, turning a scruitinizing, appraising, judging gaze upon the half-dragon. "...or sir's. Oh, my. Pardon me, sir, but I must say, you look quite frightful, I do hope I can have the opportunity to provide a good freshening, perhaps a haircut and scale polish might be of interest?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #94

[HNSC]

"Yes, it's actually his appointment for all the reasons you just stated. It was a while since he really got a haircut or cleaned his scales so I felt it was time for refreshments. Don't you agree dear?" She turns to her husband.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel grunts, "Not really, but here we are, aren't we? The wife says it's time to get it handled, then I suppose it is." He's obviously unhappy about the whole situation, even if he's willing to go through with it.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

"Brilliant!" The man, whose nametag reads "Ben", claps his hands together with a broad smile of what could be glee. "This way then, good sir, and trust me, your lady will swoon when we're done with you." He leans closer, dropping his voice to a Cessie-evading whisper. "All the ladies will swoon...the men, too, if that's your taste, of course." Pulling back, he turns, motioning to a Comfy Chair in front of a mirror. "Please, take a seat, sir, and we'll get to work, perhaps your wife would like to shop while you are freshened? We offer 30% off coupons for just that purpose, good at any shop in Mallside."
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-04-05 at 05:23 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #97

"Well, I have already been here before. But I could take a look around." She wasn't too sold on beauty enhancing products, but she saw some worth in it. They had fixed her hair after all.

So she takes a look around while Harnel is busy getting himself fixed up.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll assume the Comfy ChairTM has allowances for individuals with wings and a tail, otherwise it's not quite so comfy for some

Anyways, Harnel goes to sit down in it, "I'm here for my wife, nobody else."

Ooh, a little touchy there. That may be just his being a bit dour at the moment, though.Still, if "Ben" gets a good look, he'll note that Harnel's scale blemishes don't just end on his arms; they also go under the sleeves of his tee-shirt, suggesting they're on his chest as well.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, yes it does.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll appreciate it, sir. You woudn't imagine how many men come here swearing at us and saying the same thing but leave swearing by us and say they'll reccomend us to all their friends. Now then, I'll need you to remove your shirt, sir, this will need to take care of all those chipped, cracked, bent, folded, spindled and mutilated scales, to make them all fresh and new." Even as he speaks, he's busy rummaging in a cabinet and selecting a small army's worth of body-care and hair-care products...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

"... is that really necessary?" Harnel says, frowning. He doesn't really want to take off his shirt. Especially now that he's just sat down.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

[HNSC]

"Well, not strictly so," Ben admits. "But I'm sure your lovely lady would appreciate it if the shining and smoothing of your scales continued over all areas she could appreciate, as opposed to suddenly changing to chipped, damaged, and oh-my-what-happened-to-you at your shoulders," he points out, turning back torwards his client with a Magic Shampoo Sponge at the ready.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel is quiet for a moment before he grunts, and begins the removal of his shirt. Ben will see underneath that he's really quite muscular. every movement on him sends his muscles rippling just a little, though it's muffled by the scales, certainly.

And yes, his scales are pretty thoroughly damaged, up to and including several scars here and there, notably a large diagonal one on his stomach.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

It might or might not be noticed that the well-toned and well-muscled figure that gets revealed is eyed appreciatively by the fellow who's about to set to work repairing those scales, however he does keep things wholly professional...

"There! And there you go. Now then, would you like the scar to remain as a memento, or shall it be removed as well as all the minor dings and such?" he asks, even as the Magic Shampoo Sponge is aimed at that awful mop of hair and squeezed, sending the Super Scrubbing Bubbles it contains to work!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

"Leave it," Harnel says, laying back. Ben may notice that his voice gets a bit growly when Harnel is having his hair touched. Not too much worse than it already was though, "Got it fighting a vampire. I intend to keep it."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah, yes. Vampires. Nasty things, those. You wouldn't imagine how much gunk they get in their hair. And I've had to stake two this month who came in here asking for sparkles. Kids these days, no respect for tradition," Ben says cheerfully, as he starts work on those scales, using Dr. Ronders' Magic Scale Polish. Guaranteed to Cure What Ails 'Em And Leave 'Em Smooth For The Ladyfolk To Go "Oooh!" Over!

Regardless of the quality of the polish or not, Harnel will discover he's very, very, very good with his hands when it comes to working on said scales, professionally and very relaxingly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Not that it's really relaxing for Harnel. He doesn't especially enjoy having someone other than Cessie touching his head, chest, or stomach. Still, that's what he's here for, and he'll bear with it for all the time it takes for Ben to finish buffing his scales up.

No comment is made on vampires and their sparkles.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Ben will continue to make futher small-talk as the work progresses, and it doesn't take very long at all before Harnel will become aware that he's stepping back from the chair, the head-cone that cleaned, scrubbed, smoothed and conditioned his hair sliding back and the Harnel in the mirror having perfectly smooth scales like mirrors now.

"...and there you go, good sir, all fresh and good as new. Perhaps I could intrest you in a splash of New Spice™ to finish things off? Or perhaps Halberd™? The lady will adore it..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel frowns, "No, thanks," He rubs a hand down his chest briefly, looking at the now shiny and smooth scales on his body, before moving to pull his shirt back on. He's turning down the scents mainly because he has the smell of burning cedar wood about him, like a camp fire.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

"As you wish, sir. Is there anything else I could interest you in? Perhaps a Scrubbing Bubbles Bath to take home to share with the lady?" Ben smiles, motioning to the shelf of home products behind him.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

Food Court

Aiden walks into the first floor of the food court, feeling a little proud of himself for finally being able to afford to buy lunch for himself. He looks around the different spots, figuring out where to eat.

21. - Top - End - #111

Entrance

Krystal walks in through the front door and looks around a little. It's been a while since she's been here.

After a moment she'll turn around to face the Lady.

Well, Bunny Ears Boutique is the main clothing store, but Magmart does clothes, too.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Mallside - General

"Harnel maybe, if he's not going in armed, otherwise he's liable to fight them all and win somehow. Kate, a former employee and just mundane enough to have the sense to run away. Winslow Warwick of course, since I haven't done anything to nurse that grudge lately. Brian Starling for the same reason. Shame we can't really do anything to insist upon a god's participation, or Dio would be worthwhile. Anyone who can't fly away from scorpions or otherwise drive them back with magical doom lasers. Making them giant robot scorpions could help with that, of course."

I dunno, your robots don't really have much of a reputation for taking hits, Magtok. Speaking of Magbots, how are they doing right now?

"J1M! Your cube, it's doing weird ****!"

"Oh hey, it is! That's weird!"

"Quick! Punch S4M in the face, let's see if we can teach it kung-fu!"

Ugh, those stupid Magbots. This is what happens when you make minions in your own image, Maggy. Punches happen.
    [Mallside - General]

"Hm...actually, I may be able to assist with Dionysus.
    ...perhaps."

Doesn't she still owe him something? Something involving a suit of some kind, in a present...

"It may require a little work."

Libby makes a vague effort to not dwell on that for the moment, instead considering the latter part of Magtok's list.
    "I haven't plied my brand of cybernetics in awhile. Perhaps they could be giant cyber-scorpions?"

What's worse than being chased by giant scorpions on a death hunt across an island?
    Being chased by giant Magstyle-twisted scorpions on a death hunt across an island.

...mostly the reaper wants to know how they would look, now that they're on the topic.

As J1M proceeds to punch S4M...the cube fails to react as they desired.
    Which is a shame really, because a kung-fu wielding polygon would be pretty badass.

Instead, it seems to be slowly and ominously drifting...away.
    Very slowly, but definitely still away.
    How? That is an incredibly good question. It's still on the ground, but does not appear to be making any scraping noises or other acknowledgements of friction.

It's just very slowly moving away. Periodically casting shadows reminiscent of a certain complex mathematical function that may or may not create an image likening to that of a certain emotional symbol.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #113

[Coffee Shop]

Arthur shrugs helplessly. "Honestly, I think I'm as normal as one can get, here. I'm pretty boring. I make machines - the end." He silently adds Guns were pretty exciting.

Once again, he's moping about the decision to not deal guns anymore. Jeez, get a grip, Arthur.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Hair, Nails, Scales and Claws

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"No, I meant... if he came here. What could you do for him?" Cessie asks. Wearing her husbands scales sounded a bit creepy.
    "Oh, of course. You'll need to make an appointment with our scale specialist, Ben. He does amazing work!" the elf says, beaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Ilpholin watches with interest. She's worked with her hair a lot before, but never the colouring. So it's a learning experience.

"You look incredible." She tells Darcy when all is said and done, going to give her a short kiss. "Let's check up with Cessie." See how she's doing and show off Darcy's new hair.
    And the two girls meet up with Cessie, probably at the check out. "Oooh, nice hairdo, Cessie."

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Like this.

And the same color for my nails, please.
    Felandria gets the Mary Jane red special. After that, she'll be done.

Coffee Shop

(Waiting for Brony Heresy)
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

Felandria gets the Mary Jane red special. After that, she'll be done.
    Felandria looks in the mirror and smiles.

Thank you so much, it's wonderful.

She reaches in her pouch and hands Brightclaws a couple of diamonds.

You have a great day.

Felandria exits, heading towards the Bunny Ears Boutique to get some clothes.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hinkly's Ink]

This tattoo shop has recently moved into an empty space in the mall. The shop is split up in sections for each artist that works here. They are each decorated in various styles paintings and sketches hanging up all over the place.

Today in the shop there are two artists. A gnome woman with short spiky multi-colored hair. She has plenty of brightly colored tattoos. Her station is covered with detailed pictures of animals plants and large fight scenes. Explosions and destruction she has seen in various spots around the Nexus. The other is a large man with tattoos covering his face. His station is covered with island landscape sketches.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

27. - Top - End - #117

[Erin's Emporium - Musings]

"Just proof of concept, Mimi. She knew you were tough enough to take it." the muse said with a faint smile. She wouldn't admit to herself that seeing Mimi angry was, perhaps, more amusing that it strictly should be (something she suspected Misha would agree with her on given how much teasing went on), but she still let herself laugh inwardly before trying to calm her down.

"I think I could build a sort of stunning device based on that idea but that looks like it would be pretty effective." she said to Misha. Still, it was a quite seviceable idea all on its own. Riss had yet to try handling the energy weapons, though, as she was still a bit wary due to recent events. Crissy may need to mention firing ranges or testing rooms before she tries touching things again.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - Musings]

"Oooh. Well, that could be interesting...we do have energy-based stunners, but that would, like, be a cool alternative...we do have some places where you could totally test that out, if you'd like," Crissy suggests with a bright smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

[COFFEE SHOP]
    "Huh," Cuffs grunts, taking a sip of his coffee. "So yer an artificer. Wha aboot you, Willow? What do ye do?"
    Dance with me ta me theme song lads!
    Come check out some of my artwork and short stories at bronyheresy.deviantart.com if you like quirky humor, long descriptions, and good characterization.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Coffee Shop

"I'm a scientist as well. Or 'artificer' as you put it," Willow says. "I'm doing an internship with Magtok until I return to university in the autumn."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs