New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

"Ah. Now that sounds like a story. What did you look like before?" Leah looks back at Mist, though just in an attentive way. While interesting enough to look at, it's rude, and things, to carry on doing so.

Heheh. For her, this is the only natural form available.

((EDIT: Deadtime for a good while.))
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-05-10 at 06:59 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Jace thinks for a moment.
    "Keeping you reptilian would actually be much easier than making you human. I can't guarantee your armor and stuff would change for the shape, but you don't seem to have much trouble there. The main problem would be duration. I could easily do it if it's just for a bit, but if you want it to last for a few hours or all day I'd have to find a way to give it extra power. It could feed off your magic, which wouldn't be much unless you use your daily reserves every day. I could also reduce the size to something on the kobold scale instead of human. Oh, and if you don't mind, what are you? It gets a lot more complicated if you were an elemental, for example."
    "I'm not sure what you mean with keeping reptilian. You must call at last a race so I know what you mean. Oh and technicaly I'm not a mage either. Most of my 'tricks' are just fake."

He whispers the last part. Not everyone needs to know this.

"I'm nether a fire-" suddendly he wears a red orange costume leaving the impression he is burning ", a water-" another costume now blue white to make him look like water ",a wind-" now grey for wind "or an earth- elemental." Now he looks like a rock in Mr. C form.

"It's hard to describe, but I'm not a natural creature either. My 'dad' created me to keep watch over the libary of Alexandria. A libary that contains all books ever writen or ever been writen. My appereance is easy to clear. Dad wanted to create me as a bookworm, you know cause it has book in it's name, but a friend told him that bookworms eat books. So the spell was already prepared and he needed a body for me. He found this me in the lost and found items and so i was born."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, before I was a human about six inches taller and with darker hair. I can take that shape whenever I want. I can show you some other time, but today I'm staying like this all day no matter how self-conscious I get. If I don't I'll never get used to it.

---

"Well, this now depends all on you. I can make it so that the magic simply changes the features of the item you're bound to. You'd be in the same object, it'd just be standing up and three feet taller. Physically transforming you into a body of flesh would be a lot harder and less time efficient, but you'd have a living body. Also,
    He points to Zebes
    Either way this is going to involve some pretty serious changes to your form, so if you wanted to look like anything specific you might as well tell us. Zebes can get an exact mental picture."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #424
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    A young man walks in and sits down at the bar. He has brown hair, blue eyes, and a hazy outline. It looks like he's incorporeal, at first, but then he taps a quiet rhythm out on the surface of the bar.

A minute later, a young woman with long mahogany hair as well as the ears and tail of a black fox enters the Inn. She's wearing black leather that clings to her curvy figure and walks with a confidence born more from her powers than her attractive body. She looks around to see who all is here, then sits at a table where she can keep an eye on the man.
    "Can I get you anything?"
    Naku asks the man after he comes in; she'll get to Mahogany in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Just under a week after he'd asked Naku out, Aiden heads back to the Inn, now carrying a large shoulder bag with him. He heads for the bar without any hesitation.
    Though then she's interrupted by Aiden, and raises an inquisitive eyebrow at the bag.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #425

"I was wondering if you'd like to come with me to a glade I found and have a bite to eat," Aiden says. He made sure to come after dark, so that won't be a problem. "At your convenience, of course."

6. - Top - End - #426

"I was wondering if you'd like to come with me to a glade I found and have a bite to eat," Aiden says. He made sure to come after dark, so that won't be a problem. "At your convenience, of course."
    "I would . . .
    Yes, actually. That would be great."
    Naku says, smiling slightly.
    She did have people to serve, but they've been long enough, she's been working non-stop since she first got here (Well, whenever her player's also been around which has been rare lately but finals are over now yaaaaay), and has dependable staff.
    "S'go."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #427

Aiden grins as well. "Okay then, I can get us there now." He tries to take Naku by the arm out of the DFI and off somewhere into Outside.

8. - Top - End - #428

Songdancer(human form) strums a guitar before speaking and playing.
    "Every time when I look in the mirror
    All these lines on my face getting clearer
    The past is gone
    It went by, like dusk to dawn
    Isn't that the way
    Everybody's got the dues in life to pay

I know nobody knows
    Where it comes and where it goes
    I know it's everybody sin
    You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
    Is books written pages
    Live and learn from fools and
    From sages
    You know it's true, oh
    All these things you do come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the years
    Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
    Sing with me, just for today
    Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
    Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
    Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream until your dreams come true
    Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream until your dreams come true
    Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream on

Sing with me, sing for the year
    Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away
    Sing with me, sing for the year
    Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

In an odd turn of events, the main door creaks open, but no one is there. A letter flies through the main door, and floats right to Naku! It will attempt to land in her hand, or at her feet. The letter is... frosty and cold. It automatically opens once it reaches Naku, and a twenty dollar bill unfolds, along with a piece of paper. The paper reads "Thank you for everything, so much. You're one of the few good people in this place. Hide, and stay pure. You will be safe, I promise you. Take your lover out, if you still have one. Don't go looking for me, and burn this letter. -Martyn

10. - Top - End - #430

Aiden grins as well. "Okay then, I can get us there now." He tries to take Naku by the arm out of the DFI and off somewhere into Outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    In an odd turn of events, the main door creaks open, but no one is there. A letter flies through the main door, and floats right to Naku! It will attempt to land in her hand, or at her feet. The letter is... frosty and cold. It automatically opens once it reaches Naku, and a twenty dollar bill unfolds, along with a piece of paper. The paper reads "Thank you for everything, so much. You're one of the few good people in this place. Hide, and stay pure. You will be safe, I promise you. Take your lover out, if you still have one. Don't go looking for me, and burn this letter. -Martyn
    Well. The letter might have quite a ways to float, because Naku just left with Aiden. Though if it wants to sit behind the bar, she'll get it when she gets back.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Well. The letter might have quite a ways to float, because Naku just left with Aiden. Though if it wants to sit behind the bar, she'll get it when she gets back.
    Yup, that too.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    A young man walks in and sits down at the bar. He has brown hair, blue eyes, and a hazy outline. It looks like he's incorporeal, at first, but then he taps a quiet rhythm out on the surface of the bar.

A minute later, a young woman with long mahogany hair as well as the ears and tail of a black fox enters the Inn. She's wearing black leather that clings to her curvy figure and walks with a confidence born more from her powers than her attractive body. She looks around to see who all is here, then sits at a table where she can keep an eye on the man.
    With Naku gone, Colin supposes he should wait the tables AND the bar for now. He'll start with the young woman first.
    Can I get you anything Miss?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Meddy looks the hazy man and pretty gal over, her maroon eyes bright and interested.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434

The foxgirl smiles charmingly at Colin. I'd like a manticore martini.

The hazy man stares at Meddy (I think she's the spider lady, but I don't know for certain) in childlike wonder and curiosity.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Meddy, who is indeed the weird lady with the robo-spider-butt, gives Mr. Hazypants a smile and a little wave.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436

He gets up and walks over to sit by her, still staring like someone who doesn't know its rude. Hello! What are you?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

17. - Top - End - #437

Well, before I was a human about six inches taller and with darker hair. I can take that shape whenever I want. I can show you some other time, but today I'm staying like this all day no matter how self-conscious I get. If I don't I'll never get used to it.
    "Self conscious? Whyever for?" Leah wouldn't know anything about that. It's a lot easier when you can just fade out of sight, to not let it bother you?
    "I guess it's new, huh? I can relate. The first time I stopped being myself was...uncomfortable."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

(Didn't Meddy already walk out?)
    Admittedly, it might not have bothered him if the change hadn't been without his knowing or agreement.
    Well, it's not the way I was born, so it shouldn't be me, should it? and yet why is it so much more comfortable?

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Admittedly, it might not have bothered him if the change hadn't been without his knowing or agreement.
    Well, it's not the way I was born, so it shouldn't be me, should it? and yet why is it so much more comfortable?
    [[I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I AM ANY MORE AAAAA]]
    She's everywhere I guess.
    Um... pregnant, a bard, a lady with a... metal... spiderbutt... thing.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440

((Beans you totally quoted the wrong post ))

"But you don't have to stay the same forever. You're still you whether you look like it or not. And you still have opposable thumbs and everything!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

(Actually Beans quoted me because I was asking about Meddy.
    Also, how old does Leah look? It's the only part of the description you left out.)

Mist laughs.
    Well, thank goodness for small blessings I suppose. So, what did you plan on doing once you crossed back here? Because it looks like you won't be in the shape to be walk around by yourself for a little while.

22. - Top - End - #442

((Oh, sorry. I thought he'd meant to quote FF, who was talking to Meddy))

Leah looks older than Mist. Maybe 30, 35 years. But her hair, contrary to what I said earlier , has lost all its color, and is grey.

"Practice small movements and just staying upright. When it gets to be too much, I'll stop being solid for the day, and recover."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good. Well, if you're corporeal long enough to get an appetite we can get you something. Otherwise I'll just be around.
    Actually there's not many people here so Mist might just stick around for a while.

24. - Top - End - #444

Leah's eyes get really big and excited. "Ooh, I bet I could eat real food now, that's right! Could I get please, some kind of fruit?"
    People eat fruits, right? That's normal.

((That's total years, not years older than him. Though appearances are tricky.))
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-05-12 at 11:34 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, sure.
    Mist will go to the kitchen to fetch her something. He'll be back in half a minute with a ripe but otherwise ordinary apple on a small plate and sets it down in front of her.
    I can slice it if you want me to. Otherwise, enjoy.

26. - Top - End - #446

Leah will watch Mist go. He has a tail! It's one of the most present downsides of being human, that one has no tail. Then after a few seconds she stops and tries to remember what all she's learned about food.

"Thank you!" She'll say on Mist's returning with the apple.
    Picks up the apple, looks it over, turning it round and round, just enjoying the feel of it. "Oh!". She fumbles with a pocket of her shirt, and pulls out some small round shiny things that are probably some form of money, to pay for the food.

Then she finally picks up the apple and goes to take a bite.

Leah immediately recoils from the fruit, dropping it back on the plate and leaning away from it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist laughs. He can't help it.
    Don't like it? Not everyone knows their taste buds right away. We can try something else.
    He's very tempted to make a certain reference but assumes she wouldn't get it.

28. - Top - End - #448

"What's so funny!?" Leah looks up at him sheepishly, only indignant for a moment. "No, I just can't eat it. It smells like it's good to eat, but when I taste it...nope."

She might well understand it. This is the Nexus, after all.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Most puzzling!
    Do you think it's just the fruit or do you think you can't eat anything yet?

30. - Top - End - #450

"I think I might not be able to eat anything at all, at any point." Leah's attention falls down to the table. That's a pretty sad idea.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine