New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Aiden grins and after a moment, looks at Naku like nothing had happened just then. "Naku, I really like you. Would you like to go out with me?"

2. - Top - End - #212

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden grins and after a moment, looks at Naku like nothing had happened just then. "Naku, I really like you. Would you like to go out with me?"
    "Well, when you ask it like that." Naku quips, grinning at him slightly more.
    "Of course I would, so long as you don't mind making sure it's some time after the sun goes down."

Aaaand then she gets yelled at by the tiny person on the bar.
    "I'm sorry, what did you order? Pizza and a drink? What type of drink?" Naku asks, somewhat shortly. Mostly at the interruption more than anything else.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #213

Aiden smiles as well, and is about to respond when Mr. C yells about pizza. He lets out a sigh. It was always something, wasn't it?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mr. C looks back. a bit annoyed as well.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but it's the third time I try to place my order. I would like to have a wine. You can suprise me, but I prefere sweet red wine. Oh and just so you know. I may appear as a stuff animal, but that doesn't mean I don't need to eat and drink."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "Did this Master perform tests on you?" Cerise mutters, leaning in slightly. "And if you can't tell us, could take us there?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "These tests hurt people, right?"

"He's called Omega, Jamie."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Oh."
    Jamie, having totally missed when Omega was mentioned, blushes in embarassment and falls quiet.
    "You want to be kidnapped now?" Make up your minds! Do you want to go or not?

"Hurt?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

The door remains firmly closed, but Shadow nevertheless enters. He steps through the wood as if it isn't there, walking through several chairs and tables as he approaches the bar (though he takes care not to walk through any people). He sits at a stool, although closer inspection will reveal that he is actually floating about an inch above its surface.

He points to the strongest drink at the bar, and indicates that he wishes to have the biggest glass available filled with it.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Hurt?"
    "We would like to go see your master?"
    Like, maybe as non-kidnapped guests.
    "Hurt...hm. Cause pain, suffering, inury? Make worse?"

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    The door remains firmly closed, but Shadow nevertheless enters. He steps through the wood as if it isn't there, walking through several chairs and tables as he approaches the bar (though he takes care not to walk through any people). He sits at a stool, although closer inspection will reveal that he is actually floating about an inch above its surface.

He points to the strongest drink at the bar, and indicates that he wishes to have the biggest glass available filled with it.
    "Hello there. Not too often I see another non-solid guest." There's a person sitting on the next barstool over who wasn't visibly there a moment ago. Like Shadow, they're hovering just above the seat, but other than that, and being transparent, they look like a normal girl.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hello there. Not too often I see another non-solid guest." There's a person sitting on the next barstool over who wasn't visibly there a moment ago. Like Shadow, they're hovering just above the seat, but other than that, and being transparent, they look like a normal girl.
    Shadow turns his blank, faceless, head towards the ghost-girl beside him. He tilts his head slightly to one side, considering her. He watches for a little while, then suddenly speaks in a voice so deep and solid that you can almost see it:

"Indeed. However, my circumstances are... unique. I am neither solid nor incorporeal, neither real nor imaginary, here nor there, alive nor dead. I am Shadow, and as I was first, so I shall be last... but I digress; I have not talked so much since the Beginning. It is good for me to see another of those who have Passed Beyond, and yet returned; I would like to talk more, but I would prefer a less public setting. I have a realm of my own... if you can find it, I will see you there. You have one clue: as I am, so it is. I will await your arrival there, as soon as I have had my drink."

He turns back to the bar, then a few moments later turns to the room at large:

"The invitation extends to all of you. Those who can find the doorway are welcome."

With that, he returns to waiting for his drink.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219

Primordial forces of darkness are always so cryptic. But it could be an interesting puzzle.

"Sure. I'll see if I can find my way there."

Anchor, for that is what the ghost calls itself, wonders if she can just sort of step through Shadow, and reach his place. She'll try it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Primordial forces of darkness are always so cryptic. But it could be an interesting puzzle.

"Sure. I'll see if I can find my way there."

Anchor, for that is what the ghost calls itself, wonders if she can just sort of step through Shadow, and reach his place. She'll try it.
    As Anchor moves through the strange, quasi-real substance that makes up Shadow, she is assailed with horrific images of the Beginning - Primordials and gods at war, the twisted landscapes created, the raw Void - and the images change. Time passes, worlds prosper, creatures drag themselves from the dirt, only to be subsumed in warfare and bloodshed. More horrible scenes of destruction, countless deaths, terrible butchery. Eventually, the Nexus comes into view, forming slowly. People begin to explore it, and soon the view comes down into the streets, through the door of the Inn and into the stool where Shadow now sits.

With a shock, she realizes that what she saw are memories, billions of terrible sights stored forever in the mind of one of the oldest beings in existence.

Although not having succeeded at entering Shadow's realm through him, she has gleaned insight into his nature and the nature of his realm: all shadows are connected, and all shadows pass through Shadow's realm, the Darkness. If she could work out how to travel through shadows, she could find her way there.

Shadow shakes his head.

I wish you hadn't done that. No-one deserves to see what I have seen. But perhaps the insight you have gained will help you.

He returns to silence.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221

"It...looked like home, but more direct. Like the early days." Anchor's home was not a nice place.

"I think it will." The ghostly person doesn't know how to go through shadows, but maybe it's like how they shift between the physical and ghostly realms. Wait...how does she do that? Anchor looks a bit concerned as she realizes she has no idea how it works; it just happens.

But in a moment, she calms down and heads to a corner of the room, to look at the shadows there.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist is back from his nap and will be around to help out with whatever people need. Except pouring drinks, because he's not sure he should be doing that at his age.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia gives a little shrug. The only thing that she was judging he little guy as being was a stranger. She knows the scratches aren't serious and has cleaned them out a bit already. She watches Mr. C and Naku interact with a tired smile on her face. She looks like she could use some help but isn't going to interrupt. Exhausted as she is just zoning out at the bar is about all the activity she can afford.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #224

A tired-looking, attractive female drow walks in with a blonde baby drow in a stroller. She sits and will look at the menu, hoping to grab a bite to eat before going to work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    A tired-looking, attractive female drow walks in with a blonde baby drow in a stroller. She sits and will look at the menu, hoping to grab a bite to eat before going to work.
    Marty walks inside, looking handsome and happy. A new man! He wears a bright silver vest, a white dress shirt, and a beautiful magenta and purple coat. He's been looking in the taverns for a while, and heads here first. He's also wearing a bright watch.... He looks over at Trissy'lene from the corner he walked into. ....Trissy'lene?

16. - Top - End - #226

T'rissylene hears him and isn't quite sure who's calling her name. Her eyes search the tavern for a moment, and then come to rest on Marty. Her lavender eyes widen. She hasn't seen him for so long... M-marty?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

T'rissylene hears him and isn't quite sure who's calling her name. Her eyes search the tavern for a moment, and then come to rest on Marty. Her lavender eyes widen. She hasn't seen him for so long... M-marty?
    She has the same color text as him?

Marty nods and beckons her to the corner, waving and smiling. Trissy! Yes, it's me! Come here! Marty opens his arms wide, waiting for her to come closer, eyeing his daughter. (And probably his wife's rack, just a bit.) Of course, then the voices in his head remind him of the deal with Cal.

18. - Top - End - #228

Yes, I'll change it to be more clear, though.

Marty! Oh my god! Where.... how, where have you been? She'll set the stroller next to him, and then engulf him on a hug.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, I'll change it to be more clear, though.

Marty! Oh my god! Where.... how, where have you been? She'll set the stroller next to him, and then engulf him on a hug.
    Marty holds her close, looking over her shoulder at his daughter (presumably) in her stroller. He will attempt to kiss his wife and speak. I've been in GLoG, I've missed you so much! Trissy, let's not talk here, wanna come to a picnic? I've always preferred the outdoors.

20. - Top - End - #230

The small blonde drow looks up at her father, fingers in her mouth. Glah?

Trissy smiles and kisses Marty. Yes, yes, let's go!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

The small blonde drow looks up at her father, fingers in her mouth. Glah?

Trissy smiles and kisses Marty. Yes, yes, let's go!
    Marty smiles at his daughter and kisses Trissy's cheek again. He'll then begin to walk out of the inn, hopefully with Trissy'lene and Sylvia behind him. I already have something packed, there's a nice glade i know in Outside. Follow me!

22. - Top - End - #232

To Outside!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

To Outside!
    I posted.

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden smiles as well, and is about to respond when Mr. C yells about pizza. He lets out a sigh. It was always something, wasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mr. C looks back. a bit annoyed as well.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but it's the third time I try to place my order. I would like to have a wine. You can suprise me, but I prefere sweet red wine. Oh and just so you know. I may appear as a stuff animal, but that doesn't mean I don't need to eat and drink."
    "Well, you had never played it to me, so please refrain from getting irritated at me. I will make sure to chastise my staff accordingly." With that, though, she pulls out a small cup that she fills with wine.
    It appears to be a children's cup, and only a few inches tall. What can she say? It's the smallest one she has.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post

After giving the small man his drink, Naku fills up a larger glass with DLB, and carries it over to Shadow. She places it on his table, and waits for him to say something.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

25. - Top - End - #235

Aiden watches Naku as she serves a lizard and some shadow-y thing, but doesn't see much of a reason to socialize with either.

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Hurt?"
    Cerise shrugs nonchalantly and grins. "Sure, I guess. Although hopefully with less 'kidnapping' and more 'tour'. And hurt is damage, whether physical or mental."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #237

Mr. C can't mindreas Amelia. He got enougth experience with getting judged on his appereance. So assuming this is the case allways got it right.

Mr C will look at the small glass. From one monent to the other he wears find clothes and a monocle on one eye. He veer round the glass befor taking a nip via a drinking strawhe put out of his colar.

"Sweet and red, as I like it."
    He says a bit with a noble sound in his voice. "Forgive me, I didn't want to irritated. I'm very hungry and thirsty. And please don't mind for the size of the pizza. I can deal with a normal size." A bit unbelivable due to his size, right?

Then he turns to Amelia. "May I ask who you are?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    After giving the small man his drink, Naku fills up a larger glass with DLB, and carries it over to Shadow. She places it on his table, and waits for him to say something.
    Shadow contemplates his drink for a moment, then rolls his head on his shoulders, as if working up to an effort. After a moment, a hole opens up in the lower portion of his head, where a mouth would be on a human. He picks up the glass and empties it in one long stream into his 'mouth'. Replacing the empty glass on the bar, he sits still for a few seconds, as the hole in his face seals itself. He then shakes his head, and speaks, although, as usual, he uses no visible means of sound production. His words are as precise and measured as ever, showing no signs of slurring.

"This is it? I do not see how this can have such an effect on you."

So saying, he stands, ramrod straight, obviously completely sober - though how he can be so after downing so much intoxicant is beyond you - and implodes, first dissolving into a cloud, then drawing in on himself and vanishing with a pop. You presume that he has gone to the home he mentioned earlier. From the point at which he disappeared, several coins fall, payment for the drink.

Along with them is a note: "The second clue. Heads and tails. Life and death. The edge of the coin. Find me."

To the Darkness! (link in my signature, please read the description before posting, as you can't just walk into it like the Inn!)
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-04-19 at 10:57 AM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

The number of people around that can ignore the effects of the DLB are fairly high. Finding another one in the nexus that can isn't all that astounding. After wiping the bar with her shirt sleeve Amelia leans forward to rest her head on the counter of the bar looking at Mr. C. "No one important. Just someone tired looking for a room. My name is Amelia." She would offer a handshake but her hand is the size of his entire body.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Cerise shrugs nonchalantly and grins. "Sure, I guess. Although hopefully with less 'kidnapping' and more 'tour'. And hurt is damage, whether physical or mental."
    "No tours." Little shadow girl Sasha replies.

"I'll take her." She says, looking at Tavlii.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.