Slime dragon
    yummy slime :3
    Size/Type: Gargantuan Dragon (aquatic)
    Hit Dice: 16d12+144 (240 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), swim 20ft, burrow 30ft
    Armor Class: 21 (-4 size,+0 dex, +15 natural), touch 6, flat-footed 21
    Base Attack/Grapple: +16/+39
    Attack: claw +24 melee (3d6+11 plus 2d6 acid)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +24 melee (3d6+11 plus 2d6 acid) and bite +19 melee (3d6+5 plus 2d6 acid)
    Space/Reach: 20ft/15ft
    Special Attacks: breath weapon
    Special Qualities: SR 26, DR 15/adamantine, acid immunity, amphibious
    Saves: Fort +19, Ref +14, Will +14
    Abilities: Str 32, Dex 10, Con 29, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 9
    Skills: Intimidate +30, Listen +21, Search +18, Spot +21, Swim +38
    Feats: Lightning reflexes, Improved initiative, Ability focus (breath weapon), great fortitude, iron will, weapon focus (bite claw)
    Environment: Any aquatic, cavernous, or underground
    Alignment: Often chaotic evil
    Treasure: double standard (ooh shiny)
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 16
    Advancement: 17-31 HD (Gargantuan), 32-62 (Colossal)
    Level Adjustment: yeaa...no
    These slimey, black, primitive cousins of true dragons are amazing in size, they are equally at home in either caverns and dark caves, or aquatic environments. They exude a thick acid, and can breathe a cone of sticky, burning, green liquid. They are very dumb compared to their more advanced cousins, and adventurers often use that to their advantage when fighting them
    Combat
    Slime dragons tend to either attack the magic user of the party, or the fighter, depending on how starving they are

Breath weapon (Su): Once every four rounds as a standard action, a slime dragon can breathe a 60-foot cone of thick, sticky acid. Everyone within the cone must make a Reflex save (DC 19) or take 16d8 points of acid damage and become entangled in the sticky strands, halving speed, and effectively reducing Dexterity by 4 for 2d8 rounds. A successful save halves the acid damage only. The save is Charisma-based.

Amphibious (Ex): Slime dragons can breathe air and water equally well

Skills
    Slime dragons have a +8 racial bonus on swim checks this is included in the stat block, and can take 10 on swim checks even when rushed or threatened. Slime dragons use their strength instead of charisma for their intimidate checks.

Moon dragon
    heheh moon dragon...[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]
    Size/Type: Large Dragon (cold)
    Hit Dice: 13d12+104 (182 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), fly 40ft(Good)
    Armor Class: 21 (-1 size,+2 dex, +10 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+26
    Attack: bite +21 melee (1d10+9)
    Full Attack: bite +21 melee (1d10+9) and 2 clawss +16 melee (1d8+4)
    Space/Reach: 10ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: Moon strength, breath weapon,
    Special Qualities: Alternate form, DR 10/silver, SR 24, fast healing 3, cold and electricity immunity
    Saves: Fort +16, Ref +12, Will +13
    Abilities: Str 28, Dex 14, Con 26, Int 24, Wis 16, Cha 22
    Skills: Bluff +25, Concentration +24, Decipher Script +23, Diplomacy +22, Handle Animal +22, Heal +19, Intimidate +22, Listen +19, Move Silently +18, Search +23, Sense Motive +22, Spellcraft +23, Spot +19, Use Magic Device +22
    Feats: Iron will, lightning reflexes, improved initiative, skill focus (bluff, sense motive)
    Environment: Mountains
    Alignment: usually neutral good
    Treasure: double standard
    Organization: Solitary or pair
    Challenge Rating: 11
    Advancement: 14-26 HD (Huge), 27-39 (Gargantuan)
    Level Adjustment: yeaah still no
    Moon dragons are the guardians of the mountains. They appear as large dragons, with skin so shiny, it appears to be made of mirrors. Their breath weapon is a long line of moonlight, pure frost mixed with zapping electricity

Combat
    Moon dragons are usually very peaceful, until someone threatens their precious mountain. Hell hath no fury like a moon dragon
    Alternate form (Su)
    A moon dragon, as a free action, can take the form of a beautiful human, half elf, or elven maiden, in this form, it cannot use its breath weapon or any of its natural weapons but its damage reduction, spell resistance, and fast healing still work.

Moon Strength (Ex): As long as moon dragon is under the light of a moon while no sun is visible, it gains a +4 Circumstance bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores; its breath weapon does an additional 2d8 points of damage damage; and its fast healing increases to fast healing 5. It also appears more fearsome in this form, gaining Frightful Presence. A creature that succeeds on its Will save (DC 24) is immune to the dragon's frightful presence for 24 hours. The save is Charisma-based. This ability does not function if there is no moonlight (such as by mundane or magical darkness, deeper darkness, during an eclipse, while the dragon is underground, covered, or on a plane where there is no moon, etc.). In alternate form, the dragon only gains its ability score bonuses, and Fast Healing 5.

Breath Weapon (Su): Once every four rounds as a standard action, a moon dragon can breathe a 30-foot line of moonlight. Anyone hit by this line must make a Reflex save (DC 24)) or take 13d8 points of half cold and half electricity damage. A successful save halves the damage. The save is Charisma-based.

Expect more to come :)
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2014-08-05 at 11:57 AM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cool new dragons (3.5, PEACH, no true dragon age catagories sorry :p)

Try making them PF. They have age categories built in. Actually, would you mind if I went ahead and did that and posted to this thread?
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cool new dragons (3.5, PEACH, no true dragon age catagories sorry :p)

I dont know a lot about pathfinder, but I do enjoy some of the fun rules it has, so go ahead please :)
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    I dont know a lot about pathfinder, but I do enjoy some of the fun rules it has, so go ahead please :)
    Some of its rules are common sense to me. Stealth instead of Hide and Move Silently; Perception instead of Search, Spot and Listen; no XP penalty for multiclassing; dragon age categories as private templates. (Borrowing the programming sense of the word 'private')
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Or you could just assume in 3.5 that these aren't "True" dragons. Not every dragon needs an age category.

I like your Slime dragon as it's rather refreshing to see a dragon that doesn't fly. When I saw this I thought it should be the precursor to a black dragon rather than a green one in terms of habitat. You might want to change its color from green to black for that reason.

However it has a few errors in its stat block.

Amphibious is not a Subtype, it is a Special Ability. Subtype is probably Aquatic.

Creatures gain feats based on HD. At 1,3, 6, 9, 12, etc. Your slime dragon needs more feats.

It's pretty light on Special Abilities and Special Attacks too. It should be immune to Acid. It should have darkvision at least. Does it have normal dragon traits or not?

There is a difference between being stuck (which implies that the affected creature can't move) and being entangled in the strands. I think the breath weapon should revised to make it clearer. The DC of a Supernatural ability is 10 + 1/2 creature's HD + Cha modifier and it gets +2 for ability focus There should be a save for half damage.

Breath weapon (Su): Once every four rounds as a standard action, a slime dragon can breathe a 60-foot cone of thick, sticky acid. Everyone within the cone must make a Reflex save (DC 19) or take 16d8 points of acid damage and become entangled in the sticky strands, halving speed, and effectively reducing Dexterity by 4 for 2d8 rounds. A successful save halves the acid damage only. The save is Charisma-based.

Int 8 means it takes 5 skill points per HD w/quadruple that for its first HD. It should have 95 skill ranks to use and its maximum skill rank is 19. It should have 5 skills at max rank at least.

You should note in the skills section that the +8 racial modifier to swim is included in the statistics block.

Advancement is off. Creatures normally advance when they double their HD.

Advancement: 17-31 HD (Gargantuan), 32-62 (Colossal)

Moon dragon suffers a little from being underpowered. In alternate form, do they still gain benefits from Moon Strength and their other special qualities?

Skills is not a special quality.

I think you need to state that Moon Strength only works as long as the dragon is in direct moonlight (so it wouldn't work while the dragon is underground or during an eclipse, either). How does it appear more fearsome? You need to have a game mechanic that goes along with that. I recommend that it gain Frightful Presence at this time. I'm cleaning up your text on the special abilities. DC for breath weapon is 10 + 1/2 HD (6 as you round down) + Cha mod (also 6) +2 feat.

Moon Strength (Ex): As long as moon dragon is under the light of a moon while no sun is visible, it gains a +4 Circumstance bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores; its breath weapon does an additional 2d6 points of damage damage; and its fast healing increases to fast healing 5. It also appears more fearsome in this form, gaining Frightful Presence. A creature that succeeds on its Will save (DC 24) is immune to the dragon's frightful presence for 24 hours. The save is Charisma-based. This ability does not function if there is no moonlight (such as by mundane or magical darkness, deeper darkness, during an eclipse, while the dragon is underground, covered, or on a plane where there is no moon, etc.). In alternate form, the dragon only gains its ability score bonuses, and Fast Healing 5.

Breath Weapon (Su): Once every four rounds as a standard action, a moon dragon can breathe a 30-foot line of moonlight. Anyone hit by this line must make a Reflex save (DC 24)) or take 13d8 points of half cold and half electricity damage. A successful save halves the damage. The save is Charisma-based.

Advancement: 14-26 HD (Huge), 27-39 (Gargantuan)

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-04-06 at 05:38 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

6. - Top - End - #6

Could you do a Ink Dragon?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

ok ive updated the dragons, and sure i could think of an ink dragon ;D

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Inky dragon
    kraken poo mixed with dragon blood...yum
    {TABLE]Size/Type:|Small Dragon
    Hit Dice:|4d12+12 (36 hp)
    Initiative:|+3
    Speed:|30 ft (6 squares), fly 40ft(Good), swim 20ft, climb 20ft
    Armor Class:|18 (+1 size,+3 dex, +4 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+4/+1
    Attack:|tail sting +8 melee (1d4+1 plus poison) or bite +8 melee (1d6+1 plus poison)
    Full Attack:|tail sting +8 melee (1d4+1 plus poison) and bite +8 melee (1d6+1 plus poison) and 2 claws +3 melee (1d3+0)
    Space/Reach:|5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks:|Poison
    Special Qualities:|Darkvision 60ft, lowlight vision, shadow affinity, Ink Cloud
    Saves:|Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +6
    Abilities:| Str 12, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Skills:|Hide +18, Jump +8, Listen +9, Move Silently +14, Search +8, Spot +9, Swim +8
    Feats:|Weapon finesse, ability focus (poison)
    Environment:|Any underground or mountains
    Alignment:| Usually chaotic good
    Treasure:| standard
    Organization:|Solitary, Pair, Family (3-6), or Clutch (7-16)
    Challenge Rating:|3
    Advancement:|5-6 small 7-8 medium
    Level Adjustment:|+5
    [/TABLE]
    Inky dragons are small, black colored dragons that have ink running through their veins. They can inject ink with their fangs and with their tails. They usually live in mountains, forests or underground, being highly adapted to many environments. They can live in trees, in the water, and also in the air.

Combat:
    Ink dragons are usually peaceful, but when angered they usually attack whoever attacked them.

Poison (Ex)
    On a successful bite or tail sting attack the target must make a fortitude save (DC 17) or be affected by the inky dragons irritating poison. Primary and secondary 1d3 dexterity. This save DC is constitution based.

Shadow affinity (Su)
    Ink dragons are able to blend into shadows very well, if they are within 5 feet of a shadow they can make a hide check, even if being observed.

Ink Cloud (Ex):
    An Ink Dragon can emit a cloud of jet-black ink 10 feet high by 10 feet wide by 10 feet long once per minute as a free action. The cloud provides total concealment, which the Ink Dragon normally uses to escape a losing fight. All vision within the cloud is obscured.

thoughts?
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-04-09 at 11:53 PM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

I definitely like the ink dragon. Since you are tying them to shadows why not give ink dragons the ability to cast darkness a few times per day?

It wouldn't be enough to increase the CR and I think adds to the theme well.
    Last edited by eftexar; 2013-04-06 at 02:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Good idea eftexar, any more ideas for dragons?? these are fun!
    I am willing to make half dragon templates too if wanted

P.S. Im posting these and other fun things on my tumblr and you can find player stuff at my Other tumblr

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

11. - Top - End - #11

How about a dragon from the Far Realms? I'm thinking Illithid meets Dragon for something truly terrifying.
    Other ideas I have are a dragon from the void or one made of paper.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm Illithidragon has probably been done...but far realms...dragothulhu? yeah I could do that :)

I think void dragon has also been done, but paper could definantly be fun!

Far realms dragon is going to be epic level btw
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-04-06 at 03:10 PM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Far realms dragon
    Call of dragothulhu!
    {TABLE]Size/Type:|Colossal Dragon (Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice:|22d12+242 (374 hp)
    Initiative:|+0
    Speed:|30 ft (6 squares), fly 180ft (Good)
    Armor Class:|52 (-8 size,+0 dex, +30 natural, +20 deflection), touch 22, flat-footed 52
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+22/+50
    Attack:|bite +26 melee (4d6+12 plus Wisdom drain)
    Full Attack:|bite +26 melee (4d6+12 plus Wisdom drain) and 2 claws +21 melee (3d6+6 plus Wisdom drain) and 8 tentacles +21 melee (2d6+6 plus Wisdom drain) Chaos missile +22 ranged touch (11d6)
    Space/Reach:|30ft/20ft
    Special Attacks:|Wisdom drain, spell like abilities, Chaos missile
    Special Qualities:|DR 30/epic, SR 48, lowlight vision, darkvision, scent, regeneration 30, Chaos bubble
    Saves:|Fort +26, Ref +15, Will +15
    Abilities:| Str 34, Dex 10, Con 32, Int 31, Wis 10, Cha 30
    Skills:|Bluff +35, Concentration +36, Diplomacy +35, Intimidate +35, Jump +37, Knowledge (arcana) +35, Knowledge (the planes) +35, Listen +25, Psicraft +35, Search +35, Sense Motive +25, Spellcraft +35, Spot +25, Tumble +25, Use Magic Device +35, Use Psionic Device +35
    Feats:|Iron will, great fortitude, improved initiative, perfect health (epic), improved critical (tentacles bite claws), lightning reflexes
    Environment:|The far realms
    Alignment:| Always chaotic never good
    Treasure:| triple standard
    Organization:|Solitary or pair
    Challenge Rating:|28
    Advancement:|23-33 collossal 34-44 collossal+ but they can take class levels
    Level Adjustment:|nope
    [/TABLE]
    Far realms dragons are almost godlike entities that rule the far realms. They are immense in power, size, and intellect. And are capable of reducing even the most alert and wise people into gibbering rubble. They appear as gigantic dragons made of all types of colors, red, blue, black, white etc, and they continuously shift and bubble. They have 8 tentacles coming out of their bodies, and they continually shift positions on the body. They have one gigantic head with an impossibly large mouth, and 2 humongous sets of claws, one on each foreleg. They appear to even have a large bubble of chaos around them, guarding them from attacks
    Combat

Wisdom drain
    Anyone hit by one of a far realms dragons natural attacks must make a fortitude save (DC 32) or else take 1d10 wisdom drain. Even if this save is made, the target still takes 1d8 wisdom damage. the save DC is charisma based

Spell like abilities
    At will--Foresight, Weird, Astral projection, Soul bind, all summon monster spells*, Prismatic Sphere, Prismatic wall, Reverse gravity, Prismatic ray, Insanity, Power word blind, Spell turning, Eyebite, True seeing, Nightmare, Persistant image, Prying eyes, Polymorph, Baleful polymorph, Polymorph any object, Greater shout, Gaseous form, Enervation. 1/Month--Geas/quest. 1/year Wish
    *replace any fiendish or celestial creatures with anarchic creatures

Chaos missile (Su)
    Once every 5 rounds a Far Realms dragon can fire 1d4 blasts of pure chaos at a range of 90 feet, these do 11d6 points of untyped damage, bypassing damage reduction and energy resistance, and do 1.5 times as much damage against lawful creatures.

Chaos bubble (Su)
    The far realms dragon is surrounded by a frothing, bubbling, shifting mass of pure chaotic energy, this grants it a +20 deflection bonus to armor class. A successful Mordenkainens Disruption spell shuts down this bubble for 1d6 rounds

Regeneration (Ex)
    The powers of chaos constantly piece the Far Realms dragon back together, healing it 30 points of damage in a round, to bypass it, a weapon must either be an axiomatic weapon, or a silver weapon
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-04-09 at 11:54 PM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Paper dragon
    Owie...paper cuts
    {TABLE]Size/Type:|Medium Dragon
    Hit Dice:|10d12+30 (90 hp)
    Initiative:|+4
    Speed:|30 ft (6 squares), fly 40ft(Perfect)
    Armor Class:|19 (+4 dex, +5 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+10/+11
    Attack:|claw +11 melee (1d6+1 plus paper cut)
    Full Attack:|2 claws +11 melee (1d6+1 plus paper cut) and bite +6 melee (1d8+0 plus paper cut)
    Space/Reach:|5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks:|Breath weapon, paper cut
    Special Qualities:|Immune to bludgeoning, DR 15/piercing or slashing, Darkvision 60ft, lowlight vision, fire vulnerability
    Saves:|Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +11
    Abilities:| Str 12, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Skills:|Bluff +13, Hide +17, Jump +14, Listen +15, Move Silently +17, Search +14, Spot +15
    Feats:|Improved initiative, great fortitude, iron will, ability focus (paper cut)
    Environment:| Any library
    Alignment| Usually true neutral
    Treasure:| quadruple art, no gems or coins, and all art/magic items are paper/leather/book related
    Organization:| solitary, pair, or trio
    Challenge Rating:|12
    Advancement:|11-15 medium 16-20 large
    Level Adjustment:|+7
    [/TABLE]
    Paper dragons, the guardians of libraries everywhere. They appear as human sized white dragons, but instead of being covered in scales, they appear to be made of folded paper. People usually think of paper as not dangerous, well those people are wrong.
    Combat:
    Paper dragons attack anyone attacking their precious books!
    Paper cut (Ex)
    Anyone hit by a paper dragons natural attacks must make a fortitude save (DC 20) or take a -1 on all attack rolls, and dexterity or strength based skill checks. Multiple paper cuts are cumulative, and each one after the first one imposes a -1 on the fortitude save to resist the paper cut.

Breath weapon (Su)
    Every 4 rounds a paper dragon can create an effect equal to a blade barrier spell cast by a 10th level cleric, but the damage is piercing, and instead of appearing as whirling blades, its whirling paper airplanes

thoughts? suggestions? more dragons?
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-04-09 at 11:56 PM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

For the Slime dragon, what about this?

Liquid Form (Su):
    The dragon and all its gear becomes gel-like and translucent. Its material armor (including natural armor) becomes worthless, though its size, Dexterity, deflection bonuses, and armor bonuses from force effects still apply. The dragon gains damage reduction 10/magic and becomes immune to poison and critical hits. It can’t attack or cast spells with verbal, somatic, material, or focus components while in liquid form. (This does not rule out the use of certain spells that the subject may have prepared using the feats Silent Spell, Still Spell, and Eschew Materials.)

The subject also loses supernatural abilities while in liquid form. It can manipulate objects but cannot activate items, even those carried along with its liquid form. Continuously active items remain active, though in some cases their effects may be moot. A liquid dragon can’t run or fly, but it can move at normal speed. It can pass through small holes or narrow openings, even mere cracks, as long as the effect persists. The dragon is not subject to the effects of wind, and it can enter water or other liquid, with a swim speed equal to its base movement speed.

While in this form, the dragon does not need to breath. This form can be activated as a move action at will. This liquid form lasts indefinitely, or until the dragon chooses to revert back to its solid form, as a move action.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-04-06 at 06:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    For the Slime dragon, what about this?

Liquid Form (Su):
    The dragon and all its gear becomes gel-like and translucent. Its material armor (including natural armor) becomes worthless, though its size, Dexterity, deflection bonuses, and armor bonuses from force effects still apply. The dragon gains damage reduction 10/magic and becomes immune to poison and critical hits. It can’t attack or cast spells with verbal, somatic, material, or focus components while in liquid form. (This does not rule out the use of certain spells that the subject may have prepared using the feats Silent Spell, Still Spell, and Eschew Materials.)

The subject also loses supernatural abilities while in liquid form. It can manipulate objects but cannot activate items, even those carried along with its liquid form. Continuously active items remain active, though in some cases their effects may be moot. A liquid dragon can’t run or fly, but it can move at normal speed. It can pass through small holes or narrow openings, even mere cracks, as long as the effect persists. The dragon is not subject to the effects of wind, and it can enter water or other liquid, with a swim speed equal to its base movement speed.

This form can be activated as a move action at will. This liquid form lasts indefinitely, or until the dragon chooses to revert back to its solid form, as a move action.
    While this is interesting, I dont think it really fits with the slime dragons theme, they are big, dumb, primitive reletives of dragons, and their only real magical property is their breath weapon. And although it doesnt fit with the slime dragon, i could use it...Jelly dragon!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    Jelly dragon!
    Ooze Dragon...

now is it an Ooze with draconic traits, or dragons with ooze traits...
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-04-06 at 06:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

18. - Top - End - #18

I think the paper dragon's breath weapon ought to scale in caster level, but other than that pretty neat. And how about giving the ability to send a Message, as the spell, by paper airplane?
    Last edited by eftexar; 2013-04-06 at 07:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Special abilities of the paper dragon could use a little work. The breath weapon should have a save.

Paper cut (Ex): Anyone hit by a paper dragons natural attacks must make a successful Fortitude save (DC 20) or take a -1 penalty on all attack rolls, and dexterity or strength based skill checks. Multiple paper cuts are cumulative, and each one after the first one imposes an additional -1 penalty on the Fortitude save to resist the paper cut. The save is Dexterity-based.

Breath weapon (Su): Every 4 rounds a paper dragon can create an effect equal to a blade barrier spell cast by a 10th level cleric. Instead of appearing as a wall of whirling blades, it appears as whirling paper airplanes. The blades cause 10d6 points of piercing damage. A successful save (DC 15) halves the damage. The save is Charisma-based.

Advancement: 12-15 HD (Medium) 16-30 HD (Large)

Do you mean the Far Realms Dragon has the feat Epic Fortitude? I don't know where Great Fortitude is from.

It is a really SLOW flier. Most dragons of that size are much faster.

The Wisdom drain DC is 10 + 1/2 HD (11) + Cha mod. (10) for 31, not 32.

The Far Realms is a place and so both words need to be capitalized.

Advancement: 34+ Colossal. There isn't a Colossal + size in standard 3.5.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Special abilities of the paper dragon could use a little work. The breath weapon should have a save.

Paper cut (Ex): Anyone hit by a paper dragons natural attacks must make a successful Fortitude save (DC 20) or take a -1 penalty on all attack rolls, and dexterity or strength based skill checks. Multiple paper cuts are cumulative, and each one after the first one imposes an additional -1 penalty on the Fortitude save to resist the paper cut. The save is Dexterity-based.

Breath weapon (Su): Every 4 rounds a paper dragon can create an effect equal to a blade barrier spell cast by a 10th level cleric. Instead of appearing as a wall of whirling blades, it appears as whirling paper airplanes. The blades cause 10d6 points of piercing damage. A successful save (DC 15) halves the damage. The save is Charisma-based.

Advancement: 12-15 HD (Medium) 16-30 HD (Large)

Do you mean the Far Realms Dragon has the feat Epic Fortitude? I don't know where Great Fortitude is from.

It is a really SLOW flier. Most dragons of that size are much faster.

The Wisdom drain DC is 10 + 1/2 HD (11) + Cha mod. (10) for 31, not 32.

The Far Realms is a place and so both words need to be capitalized.

Advancement: 34+ Colossal. There isn't a Colossal + size in standard 3.5.

Debby
    Great fortitude...isn't that the feat that grants a +2 on fortitude saves?

And as for colossal+ look in the ELH and draconomicon

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Colossal + is not a size in the Epic Level Handbook. Hit Dice are HD +; see Abomination for example.

Colossal + is an optional rule from Dragonomicon pgs. 99-100 (and since it is non-core and optional you probably should have cited to it in the first place)

A Colossal + dragon has 30 foot space like any other colossal dragon, but its reach is 10 feet longer with each attack form and it has an proportionately longer tail slap and tail sweep. A Colossal + dragon deals 6d6 points of damage with its bite attack, 4d8 with its claws, 4d6 with its wings, 4d8 with its tail slap, 6d6 with its crush and 4d6 with its tail sweep.
    Since your Far Realms dragon doesn't have most of those attacks, I'm not entirely convinced it should gain Colossal + size.

Advancement: 23-33 HD (Colossal), 34-66 HD (Colossal +)

A dragon can always take levels in class. You don't have to mention it in advancement.

Also, where does the deflection bonus come from in the Far Realms Dragon's AC? Deflection bonuses only come from spells or magical effects and it has neither that seems to grant it.

Your Far Realms Dragon has a CR that is much too high. With so few attacks, it is weaker than other dragons with its HD.

Vorpal Tribble’s CR estimator

#1. Divide creature's average HP by 4.5 to 6.5.
    4.5 for 5 HD or lower, 5 for 6-10 HD, 5.5 for 11-15 HD, 6 for 16-20 HD., 6.5 for 20-25 HD.

374/6.5= 57

#2. Add 1 for each five points above 10 its AC is, subtracting 1 for every 5 below.

AC 52 is 8

#3. Add 1 for each special attack (+2 to +5 or more if it has a decent number of spells in its spell-like abilities).

+5

#4. Add 1 for each quality unless you deem it worthy of more. Add 1 for each resistance and 10 points of DR it has, and 2 for each immunity. Subtract 1 for
    each vulnerability.

#5. Add 1 for every two bonus feats it has.

#6. Divide total by 3. This should be its rough CR.

57 +8 +5 +5 = 75/3 CR 25 at best and only because of deflection bonus and its spell-like abilities.

The major problems with the Far Realms Dragon are that it has no ranged attacks and it is a very slow flier. At CR 25, it is grossly under-powered physically as it lacks many of the attacks options that standard dragons have.

The dragon casts as HD, so 25th level party has +3 levels of spellcasting above it. They probably have many more attack options. At CR 25, the party will overcome the dragon's DR/epic most likely as they should have epic weapons.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-04-07 at 05:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I like what you did here, good work!:)

I particullary like the ink dragon and I have an idea for a special ability: since these guys don't look particullary vicious and a lot of monsters are stronger than they are, they could have developed a retreat tactic, much like an octopus. What about something like these:

Ink Cloud (Ex): An Ink Dragon can emit a cloud of jet-black ink 10 feet high by 10 feet wide by 10 feet long once per minute as a free action. The cloud provides total concealment, which the Ink Dragon normally uses to escape a losing fight. All vision within the cloud is obscured.

They could easily use it to escape from a fight just like an octopus does (or they could use it to gain an advantage while attacking)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CinuzIta View Post
    I like what you did here, good work!:)

I particullary like the ink dragon and I have an idea for a special ability: since these guys don't look particullary vicious and a lot of monsters are stronger than they are, they could have developed a retreat tactic, much like an octopus. What about something like these:

Ink Cloud (Ex): An Ink Dragon can emit a cloud of jet-black ink 10 feet high by 10 feet wide by 10 feet long once per minute as a free action. The cloud provides total concealment, which the Ink Dragon normally uses to escape a losing fight. All vision within the cloud is obscured.

They could easily use it to escape from a fight just like an octopus does (or they could use it to gain an advantage while attacking)
    While i find this cool, I already did give it darkness 3/day, so I dont quite know how this is better. But thanks for the suggestion (your automatically awesome since you made that PrC after my spell).

And debby, C+ is in the ELH, look at ancient, wyrm, and great wyrm prismatic dragons, and wyrm/great wyrm force dragons, both are collossal + :)

And I will be fixing far realms dragons fly speed n such

EDIT: so i beefed up the Far Realms dragon, any thoughts?
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-04-07 at 08:18 AM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The differences:

Darkness only provides a 20% probability of being missed and obscure lights and darkvision in a 20 feet radius. But it can be dispelled by Daylight (a 3rd level spell)

Ink Cloud on the other hand provides total concealment, is a free action ond obscure darkvision (and lights I suppose) as well, but has a 10 feet radius (but these was the radius for an octopus, you could increase it). Also, it cannot be dispelled.

In my opinion Ink Cloud is far better then Darkness, but the choice is yours:)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

hmm now that you mention it...it is better...thanks :)

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Doh! Forgot about the regular Great Fortitude feat. Yeah, it's the one that grants +2 to Fortitude saves. I was thinking epic! I'm getting a little senile here. :-0

The Advanced Dragon rules are in ELH too, which I missed with my very bad Google-fu. However, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have C+ for your Far Realms dragon since it doesn't advance by age category. The Colossal size progression really only works for true dragons with age progressions. Plus, the Far Realms dragon is lacking a lot of attacks that normal dragons would have.
    Still, here's how it seems it should look for advancement using C+ size

Advancement: 23-33 HD (Colossal), 34-66 HD (Colossal +)

I'm far more concerned how it gains its Deflection bonus to AC. Where does that come from?

Debby

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, you welcome...I was just throwing in a suggestion:)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

do ye have any ideas for more fun dragons!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Knowledge dragon
    aka the bookworm nerd dragon...
    {TABLE]Size/Type:|Huge Dragon (Extraplanar, lawful)
    Hit Dice:|16d12+112 (208 hp)
    Initiative:|+8
    Speed:|30 ft (6 squares), fly 80ft(Perfect)
    Armor Class:|22 (-2 size,+4 dex, +10 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+16/+33
    Attack:|bite +23 melee (2d6+9)
    Full Attack:|bite +23 melee (2d6+9) and 2 claws +18 melee (1d8+4)
    Space/Reach:|15ft,10ft
    Special Attacks:|Knowledge blast
    Special Qualities:| DR 10/anarchic, darkvision 60ft, lowlight vision
    Saves:|Fort +17, Ref +14, Will +16
    Abilities:| Str 28, Dex 18, Con 24, Int 36, Wis 22, Cha 24
    Skills:|Appraise +32, Craft (Alchemy) +32, Craft (Armorsmith) +32, Craft (Blacksmith) +32, Craft (Fletcher) +32, Craft (Weaponsmith) +32, Decipher Script +32, Diplomacy +32, Intimidate +32, Knowledge (Arcana) +35, Knowledge (Architecture and engineering) +35, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +35, Knowledge (Geography) +35, Knowledge (History) +32, Knowledge (Local) +32, Knowledge (Nature) +32, Knowledge (Nobility and royalty) +35, Knowledge (Religion) +35, Knowledge (The planes) +35
    Feats:|Ability focus (Knowledge blast), iron will, improved initiative, iron will, great fortitude, skill focus (knowledge
    Environment:|Anywhere
    Alignment:| Always lawful neutral
    Treasure:| triple standard
    Organization:|
    Challenge Rating:|14?
    Advancement:|17-26 Huge 27-32 Gargantuan
    Level Adjustment:|nope
    [/TABLE]
    The knowledge dragon, the all mighty source of knowledge. They know everything and they will never forget it. They appear as a large white dragon with shifting numbers, calculations, and symbols covering their skin. Whenever someone tries to divide by zero, a knowledge dragon appears to smite the imbecyl who did it!
    Combat
    Knowledge dragons usually attack barbarians and fighters first, as they tend to be chaotic and not very full of knowledge.

Knowledge blast (Su)
    Once every 4 rounds, a knowledge dragon may fire a blast of pure knowledge at a range of 90 feet at a target. The target must make a Reflex save (DC 33) or take 16d8 points of damage and take a 1d6 penalty to the target’s Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores for 3½ hours as a touch of idiocy spell. A successful save negates the physical damage but not the ability score loss. This penalty can’t reduce any of these scores below 1. The save is Intelligence-based.

Skills
    Knowledge dragons use their intelligence bonus on intimidate and diplomacy checks.
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-04-09 at 11:57 PM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

mmmh, what about a Stone Dragon? Something like a very big dragon that it definitely looks like its skin is made of stone, has no wings so it can't fly but has a burrow speed instead..maybe he could spit acid and use his tail to hurl big rocks..these dragon could also have a carapax just like the one of an ankylosaurus and also its tail could be made the same way [for extra tail damages]

Do you like the idea?