New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 37: What Goes Here Again?

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    If bold light blue is Marty Rage voice, I'm rather puzzled why he'd have considered applying for a job as a lab minion. "And now I will get my ultimate revenge on those who have wronged me... by washing beakers and running the autoclave!"

Also @Zefir: *pokes to Warwick Works*
    Well, you see... Certain chemicals are only available in large, well-stocked laboratories, and he wants a few beakers of a few.

AS for the voice thing, I got reeeeallly tired of writing his stutter text, so I kinda changed it as fast as possible. Writing l-l-like this c-can b-be very annoying after a w-while, and t-takes up a l-lot of t-t-time for me to type. (No offense to anyone with a speech impediment.

And, Goddess, Mee? There's a goddess in that scene?! Where?! Who's Goddess?! Wha-?

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Hatter from Page 47 of outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    It... just doesn't work.

Marty feels an enormous surge of magic pulse from Trissy's body as a naked female drow, surrounded by shadows and moonlight, emerges from her body.

I am Eilistraee. You shall not take my priestess.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    @Hatter from Page 47 of outside.
    Princess? Trissy's a princess? She never told MArty in their two years of marriage when he was still sane? That... Um... Might have changed the way MArty was going to go about this whole thing. Um. Okay.. Huh. So the legendary goddess of good drow appeared.... Okay.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

It... just doesn't work.

Marty feels an enormous surge of magic pulse from Trissy's body as a naked female drow, surrounded by shadows and moonlight, emerges from her body.

I am Eilistraee. You shall not take my priestess.
    Priestess, probably where she got her magic from. There was then a two page break till you responded from a poke from her. I'm surprised DEB didn't have her say anything in the posts following.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Priestess, probably where she got her magic from. There was then a two page break till you responded from a poke from her. I'm surprised DEB didn't have her say anything in the posts following.
    Or remind me she was here, instead of following along with the post I made. Oooooh! Priestess! Makes a little more sense, Marty knew she was a cleric. Mhm. Well, Marty's running away quickly.

And, I'm placing it here so no one complains later.

Marty's new Rage abilities: (None of these I or GrandDM pulled out of our nether regions, we made a deal. ((It's s surprise!)) )

Spoiler
    Show
    You asked what else Marty can do, so here we go:

As I mentioned earlier, Marty can enhance his physical attributes. In more detail, and to give you an idea of how much: when Marty is putting all his effort into bolstering his physical attributes, he could take a full-strength punch from Superman. Similarly, he could knock Superman out with one hit.

The blackfire is a unique attribute of Rage; it's a magical energy that withers all it touches. It causes muscles to atrophy, minds to regress and souls to burn. It's possible both to throw bolts of blackfire and to wreath Marty in it.

The 'using anger to twist others' is less of a direct mind-control and more of a subtle-influence thing. Marty couldn't directly force someone to join him, but if that someone had a lot of hate, it could be twisted to be aimed at the Nexus so that they join Marty because they're looking for the same thing.

As to the detailed list:
    Teleportation
    Effortless flight (he can just lift himself off the ground by willing it)
    Super-Roar (loud enough and strong enough to shatter eardrums, fracture bones, damage the ground and send people flying)
    All Marty's magic is now supercharged
    The angrier Marty gets, the stronger he gets (like the Hulk)

Hope this helps
    -DM

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Well, you see... Certain chemicals are only available in large, well-stocked laboratories, and he wants a few beakers of a few.
    He's already disqualified himself by his poor reading comprehension. Also, I kind of doubt he could fake sane long enough to make it through a job interview.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    He's already disqualified himself by his poor reading comprehension. Also, I kind of doubt he could fake sane long enough to make it through a job interview.
    Probably not. Seeing however as things have changed, and his lab rat is now protected by a goddess, he won't be going anywhere near civilized society for a while.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    You asked what else Marty can do, so here we go:

As I mentioned earlier, Marty can enhance his physical attributes. In more detail, and to give you an idea of how much: when Marty is putting all his effort into bolstering his physical attributes, he could take a full-strength punch from Superman. Similarly, he could knock Superman out with one hit.

The blackfire is a unique attribute of Rage; it's a magical energy that withers all it touches. It causes muscles to atrophy, minds to regress and souls to burn. It's possible both to throw bolts of blackfire and to wreath Marty in it.

The 'using anger to twist others' is less of a direct mind-control and more of a subtle-influence thing. Marty couldn't directly force someone to join him, but if that someone had a lot of hate, it could be twisted to be aimed at the Nexus so that they join Marty because they're looking for the same thing.

As to the detailed list:
    Teleportation
    Effortless flight (he can just lift himself off the ground by willing it)
    Super-Roar (loud enough and strong enough to shatter eardrums, fracture bones, damage the ground and send people flying)
    All Marty's magic is now supercharged
    The angrier Marty gets, the stronger he gets (like the Hulk)
    ...What. And he's running away from the God? With that kind of ridiculous power, any Forgotten Realms God short of maybe Ao should be running for their freaking life.

Seriously, Superman wasn't even knocked out by six full-fledged black holes appearing around his body due to Brainiac's ship exploding around him. Knocking out Superman with one punch is enough strength to literally shatter a planet with an errant footstep. And he gets STRONGER when he gets angry? Seriously, if he's capable of knocking out Superman easily at his basic level of strength and actually gets stronger from there, that teleportation ability pretty much becomes necessary for motion because he'd cause massive sinkholes wherever he steps.

Also, congratulations! You've officially made a character that makes Oblivion look fair and balanced by comparison, without even factoring his superpowered magic into the comparison! Whee!

Tossing in superpowered magic is just like saying "Oh, being strong enough to literally shatter worlds with a poke isn't enough, so let's also make him an overpowered wizard." Oh, and the Blackfire annoys me a bit too because it's literally just Cyrus' Blightning spell, which has been thus far relatively unique, except stronger, more versatile, and in the form of fire.

Seriously, when you've designed a character that is, as written, superior in every way to somebody else's intentionally overpowered character (who, it should be noted, I usually tone down for the sake of being able to RP with other people), I'd ask you to scale it down a bit. Because no.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    ...What. And he's running away from the God? With that kind of ridiculous power, any Forgotten Realms God short of maybe Ao should be running for their freaking life.

Seriously, Superman wasn't even knocked out by six full-fledged black holes appearing around his body due to Brainiac's ship exploding around him. Knocking out Superman with one punch is enough strength to literally shatter a planet with an errant footstep. And he gets STRONGER when he gets angry? Seriously, if he's capable of knocking out Superman easily at his basic level of strength and actually gets stronger from there, that teleportation ability pretty much becomes necessary for motion because he'd cause massive sinkholes wherever he steps.

Also, congratulations! You've officially made a character that makes Oblivion look fair and balanced by comparison, without even factoring his superpowered magic into the comparison! Whee!

Tossing in superpowered magic is just like saying "Oh, being strong enough to literally shatter worlds with a poke isn't enough, so let's also make him an overpowered wizard." Oh, and the Blackfire annoys me a bit too because it's literally just Cyrus' Blightning spell, which has been thus far relatively unique, except stronger, more versatile, and in the form of fire.

Seriously, when you've designed a character that is, as written, superior in every way to somebody else's intentionally overpowered character (who, it should be noted, I usually tone down for the sake of being able to RP with other people), I'd ask you to scale it down a bit. Because no.
    In that timeline, he does not have any of those powers. So, yes. He's running from the god.

And as for the rest of the stuff, Blade, I'd advise you ask GrandDM. He's the one that thought up these powers and spells. So, please don't attack me for it. I didn't write those powers in. GrandDM did. My character is sharing a body with his character, Rage. All those powers are Rages, but Rage needs a physical body to use it. That whole thing you just typed was extremely offensive to me. EXTREMELY. I don't read Superman comics, I have no clue what Brainiac is or any of that. Honestly, that wsa really not cool, and I'm not at fault here.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

In that timeline, he does not have any of those powers. So, yes. He's running from the god.

And as for the rest of the stuff, Blade, I'd advise you ask GrandDM. He's the one that thought up these powers and spells. So, please don't attack me for it. I didn't write those powers in. GrandDM did. My character is sharing a body with his character, Rage. All those powers are Rages, but Rage needs a physical body to use it. That whole thing you just typed was extremely offensive to me. EXTREMELY. I don't read Superman comics, I have no clue what Brainiac is or any of that. Honestly, that wsa really not cool, and I'm not at fault here.
    My apologies, then: I'd misinterpreted the phrase "we made a deal" to mean that this had been a joint effort; the word 'you' was actually used in a plural sense.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

My apologies, then: I'd misinterpreted the phrase "we made a deal" to mean that this had been a joint effort; the word 'you' was actually used in a plural sense.
    Well, I'm sorry. HE sent me the list of things Marty can now do. I posted it here to make sure everyone knew what happens, so that discussions, exactly like what happened wouldn't happen, because I am tired of being attacked in the OOC.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Halfling in the Playground

While I agree the new Marty is overpowered, just in reference to the superman death punch, he can only do so while focusing solely on that ability. So he isn't always God powered, he has to concentrate on that ability, negating his ability to use any other power in his arsenal.
    I may have interpreted this incorrectly, but I thought he could only use one of these powers at a time.
    Either way, Marty shouldn't be able to have the strength given to him by Rage without tearing himself apart from the sheer power.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, I'm sorry. HE sent me the list of things Marty can now do. I posted it here to make sure everyone knew what happens, so that discussions, exactly like what happened wouldn't happen, because I am tired of being attacked in the OOC.
    Attack?

Where did you get the idea that I'm attacking you? You'd know if I was attacking you because I'd make deliberate efforts to insult you, belittle you, or suggest that you stop RPing here, or any number of other, vicious things. I wouldn't attack anyone here, unless they really were just so genuinely terrible and unwilling to learn that there was no hope of them ever figuring out decent RP.

What I said was hardly an attack, but merely a (to be fair, admittedly somewhat caustic) criticism. I'm guilty of the same crime, long past, after all.

And just for the record, claiming that your own character's list of abilities isn't your responsibility because someone else's character supplied them is like a murderer claiming that he didn't shoot the guy because somebody else sold him the gun.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Attack?

Where did you get the idea that I'm attacking you? You'd know if I was attacking you because I'd make deliberate efforts to insult you, belittle you, or suggest that you stop RPing here, or any number of other, vicious things. I wouldn't attack anyone here, unless they really were just so genuinely terrible and unwilling to learn that there was no hope of them ever figuring out decent RP.

What I said was hardly an attack, but merely a (to be fair, admittedly somewhat caustic) criticism. I'm guilty of the same crime, long past, after all.

And just for the record, claiming that your own character's list of abilities isn't your responsibility because someone else's character supplied them is like a murderer claiming that he didn't shoot the guy because somebody else sold him the gun.
    Well, then what should I do? I just got the list of new things today, and haven't played as Marty with them yet. So, would you like to have them tamed down somehow? OR just get rid of certain abilities? Honeslty the combat stuff really doesn't fit my character at all. The magic stuff, fits much better, and I wouldn't mind just having flight, numbfrost, the... black flame thing and such. But the ability to knock out a god is really not something Marty would have, or even want. I got the list TODAY, so I have not had time to discuss much, or even try anything. And, to be honest... Everyone said that Louv're Tower was incredibly overpowered, and Cyrus, Clarrissa and co have so far cleared through it all fairly easily.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's because most of the overpowered stuff was edited out.

There was a point when every one of the footsoldiers was armed with enough antimatter to take out the planet.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    That's because most of the overpowered stuff was edited out.

There was a point when every one of the footsoldiers was armed with enough antimatter to take out the planet.
    Good point. Though that was mainly due to me having written that out after exams, and completely brain-farting about how powerful anti-matter was..

Okay. Sorry Blade, got all defensive and pissy. My apologies. How about we keep Teleportation, sonic shout (Weakened), and supercharged magic? Taking out flight, super-strength, and using anger to bewitch others?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

*Snip*
    Well, you hardly have to drop everything; It's acceptable to make him strong, it's just that world-shattering strength makes other people think "Wow, that guy's too strong for my character to fight with any modicum of fairness! I'm just going to ignore him unless he attacks me, then I'll complain OOC". I'm not saying that you shouldn't make your character a threat. "Able to knock Superman out in one punch" is an absurdity, but something a bit more tame, like "able to uproot trees and throw cars", is manageable for other characters but still very clearly both dangerous and superhuman.

Similarly, having strong magical abilities is certainly not too much for the Nexus to handle. Look at Cyrus, Calublufiok, or Rael Kairos; all three of these characters are incredibly powerful mages, capable of reshaping reality around them to some degree, but all have a clear set of limitations. Cyrus can't cast from several different spell schools due to his highly focused nature, Calublufiok always works through proxies rather than becoming directly involved, and Rael's magic relies on biological creatures, having very limited options against any kind of mechanical threat. Basically, having awesome magic is fine, but just don't overdo it too much.

On a more personal note (you don't really have to, but it'd be nice), I'd prefer if Blackfire were weakened a bit. It's currently written as a stronger form of Cyrus' signature spell, which just bothers me when he's kind of supposed to be a respected Archmage.

EDIT: That would probably work, and generally make the guy a lot more tolerable in terms of keeping everything straight.

For my part, I apologize for jumping on you so quickly and so harshly. I definitely didn't mean to attack you, but reading over my own post I can see that some of my words were a lot more vitriolic than were necessary.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-05-02 at 04:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, you hardly have to drop everything; It's acceptable to make him strong, it's just that world-shattering strength makes other people think "Wow, that guy's too strong for my character to fight with any modicum of fairness! I'm just going to ignore him unless he attacks me, then I'll complain OOC". I'm not saying that you shouldn't make your character a threat. "Able to knock Superman out in one punch" is an absurdity, but something a bit more tame, like "able to uproot trees and throw cars", is manageable for other characters but still very clearly both dangerous and superhuman.

Similarly, having strong magical abilities is certainly not too much for the Nexus to handle. Look at Cyrus, Calublufiok, or Rael Kairos; all three of these characters are incredibly powerful mages, capable of reshaping reality around them to some degree, but all have a clear set of limitations. Cyrus can't cast from several different spell schools due to his highly focused nature, Calublufiok always works through proxies rather than becoming directly involved, and Rael's magic relies on biological creatures, having very limited options against any kind of mechanical threat. Basically, having awesome magic is fine, but just don't overdo it too much.

On a more personal note (you don't really have to, but it'd be nice), I'd prefer if Blackfire were weakened a bit. It's currently written as a stronger form of Cyrus' signature spell, which just bothers me when he's kind of supposed to be a respected Archmage.
    Okey-dokey, I can do that. So I'll still keep the strength to uproot trees, and lift very heavy objects, but nothing too absurd. I can do that. And... I'll get rid of the black fire, Marty doesn't like fire anyway. So, he'll keep Rage's strength, but tamed a bit. And get rid of blackfire. Would that work so far?

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

EDIT: That would probably work, and generally make the guy a lot more tolerable in terms of keeping everything straight.

For my part, I apologize for jumping on you so quickly and so harshly. I definitely didn't mean to attack you, but reading over my own post I can see that some of my words were a lot more vitriolic than were necessary.
    The edit didn't quite make it in time, but it still applies here.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

The edit didn't quite make it in time, but it still applies here.
    Mhm, thank you. I'm sorry for being a little overly defensive.

So, abilities kept.

*Teleportation
    *Charged Magic
    *Super(ish) strength
    *Battle Shout (Weaker)

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

The character of mine with the greatest strength enhancement is a human cleric whose strength is enhanced in quite a limited fashion- he has an enchanted club that hits like a train. I worried it was too strong, so I always make a point of saying that the club is slower than if he swung an unenhanced club that was otherwise identical.

My next strongest character is an elderly barbarian. She is based on Genghiz Cohen from the Discworld, and uses a flail enhanced to make it lighter for the wielder. She is strong, but she doesn't wear armour and doesn't have any means of fighting off magic or technology besides a strong arm and a stronger will.

Then it's another cleric with giant ancestry and some slight superhuman giant strength. But she specialised in using a quarterstaff and recently had her right hand turned into a predatory fish, so her preferred fighting style is no longer usable.

That's not including my non-human characters, whose strength is usually average for what they are, or at least not enhanced beyond what one could reasonably expect from (for example) a dragon or giant.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Keep in mind that 'knock out Superman in one punch' might not mean straight-up strengh, since Supes has a magic vulnerability.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Keep in mind that 'knock out Superman in one punch' might not mean straight-up strengh, since Supes has a magic vulnerability.
    Almost made me choke on my dinner right here, thanks for that.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

You're welcome.

horngeek: Obsessive nerdery since 1991!

*goes to put Brianna back in Watchtower*

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #325

Okay.

Noodle, did Marty run away, or should I respond to your current post?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay.

Noodle, did Marty run away, or should I respond to your current post?
    He ran, as fast as possible.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Wendigo bite.

Shadowcaller, could you please post for the Hat Society Group in the Riverside Temple of Dalachrech?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #328

He ran, as fast as possible.
    Can you post that? Entities want to have a word with him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Can you post that? Entities want to have a word with him.
    I did post. Entities? Just because he ran from a goddess, doesn't mean he can't take some minor entities. His Calublufiok abilities are powerful enough.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

...how long has it been since the last Apocaplot anyway?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.