New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLV

"Probably nothing," says Alusien, "since it's just a liquid. I found this Outside in a natural state, exposed to air, and nothing was unusual."

He thinks. "Mind if I sit down? I did bring some of my testing equipment, and I'm in need of a drink."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Actually Marty's bullet flies into a storage unit where it strikes against a suit of armor, goes through an autographed sketch of Gandalf the Grey (very intentionally placed next to an autographed picture of Sir Ian McKellen), hitting an Indiana Jones pinball machine, bouncing off against a concrete wall rolling out of his hat. Effectively the same result, but with that added bit of flavor

Marty might not be going anywhere, even if Elio's grip, previously mentioned but never confirmed or denied, doesn't hold, he magically pulls a few chairs into the air and blocks off Marty's path to the barmaid, as well as Iamar's route to Marty

"Hold on Ma'am, we'll be surrendering in just a moment," He says to Iamar before turning his attention back to Marty. "Marty, as your friend, I recommend that you put down the weapon and surrender. Remnant probably has access to the best medical technology you could ask for and I'm sure they'll help you. That girl has nothing to do with your attack, let her be. Please."
    Marty watches the bullet roll around and growls at the swords and things pointed at him. Elio and other spellcasters will notice they're's a powerful aura of cyromancy around him. Just as the Fearblaze could even melt elementium, his special magic could even freeze the heart...even emotions. His grin fades. Nothing? Wait, p-please....h-hear me out. I will n-not surrender, I've done nothing wrong. J-Just listen to me for a minute. The Fearblaze is unique. I know it's m-magic... It is rare, only three p-pyromancer's h-have ever been able to wield it. Well, f-four since that hermit.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Angie's face darkens as Marty starts to act more threatening. She figures to hell with subtlety and just tries to dampen all his emotions. Hopefully that will calm him down. Also would she notice a spell on him to make it so he doesn't feel sadness? I would think as an Empath that would be fairly obvious.
    Marty does not feel sadness, only anger. See, he sold a fourth of his soul to Sticks in exchange for not feeling depressed, sad, or feeling any sadness at all by ripping that emotion away as well. So, that spell won't work. He's not sad, he's bat**** crazy and upset. Dampening his emotions works a bit, he's not going to shoot anyone. In fact, Marty drops his gun on the floor. He will attempt to move towards the barkeep, hands high. Trying to simply move the swords pointing at him away. I am t-the only cyromancer powerful to destroy Fearblaze. I p-practice a unique magic, g-gifted t-to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Cal looks incredulous to say the least.
    "Uh, so you're threatening to shoot her because her magic fire happens to be black? Did it ever occur to you that maybe someone capable of producing fire from nowhere could change its color without being hellish? Not one more step! You got a problem, you can talk about it, but you do NOT shoot people when I'm around."
    Admittedly, pyromancy is such a stretch to him that changing its color seems like nothing. Which in a way it is.
    Marty just glares and keeps walking. Don't speak to me, simpleton. N-Now, Fearblaze is tied to my v-very being. I know it. It is evil, ultimately corrupting. W-Wielded by terrible men. Evil men. Such as Z-Zane Darkstar. S-Servant to that r-robot called Enshadu. He's s-spreading the Fearblaze, giving other his p-powers. I s-saw it m-myself. Observe. He snaps his fingers, and a large cube of ice appears in his hand. He then hands it over to Cal, and if he doesn't accept, just drops it in front of him. A picture of black fire has been sculpted or melted into the cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Iamar, who wasn't pointing any weapon at Marty, now draws her sword and holds it at the ready. "I give you one more warning. Drop the weapon and give yourself to Remnant," she says.
    Marty will just pass by, and if she doesn't move her sword, she might find it starts to become a little bit colder to the touch. P-Please. I'll g-go wherever y-you want after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The barmaid would make a joke, but this is kind of a humorless situation. It probably wouldn't be well received.

"I've never seen this flame before just now. Since you have, how about you try to help me, and not try to kill me?"
    Marty will e by her now, hopefully. He looks down at her feet, the fire licking the bottoms of her body. His eye slants down in anger. AS I've explained, this m-magic is dark. Pure evil f-from the pits of Hell. A fire that b-burns only in the deepest recess of nightmares and in the dark s-shadows of the world's most d-demonic places. Now, I c-can fix y-you. I do believe it spreads b-by family. Do y-you h-have a long-lost r-relative? Zane? Or a certain h-hermit...Living in Outside? J-Just hold tight, you'll get a little cold. It won't h-hurt you. He moves very close, but he's carrying no weapons. He'll point at her feet. Next, she might suddenly feel a bit of a chill at her feet. Then, her boots or any kind of clothing she's wearing will begin to frost over... The floor around her will become slippery, as the wood freezes over. Magic that Marty bargained with an infamous demon for begins to take effect. The Fearblaze will most likely freeze completely over. The numbfrost, given to him by Calublufiok as per the terms of his deal, is the only thing that can freeze fearblaze.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

"Sure, go ahead. Nice to have some company." Desmond reaches down to his satchel and pulls out a yellow notepad. He takes a sip from the flask, then begins scrawling something on the pad.

"Where'd you get all this equipment? Are you a scientist of some kind?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

(huh. Multiple Rangers in the bar at the sort-of same time. What are the odds? About the same as anything else in the Nexus, I guess.)

Cal does not, in fact, accept strange blocks of ice generated by abilities the continuity has given Marty. He does not put his gun away, although it's lowered somewhat (still pointed at him, though).
    He'll wait for the barmaid's reaction before he tries to puzzle out what his reaction should be.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Marty does not feel sadness, only anger. See, he sold a fourth of his soul to Sticks in exchange for not feeling depressed, sad, or feeling any sadness at all by ripping that emotion away as well. So, that spell won't work. He's not sad, he's bat**** crazy and upset. Dampening his emotions works a bit, he's not going to shoot anyone. In fact, Marty drops his gun on the floor. He will attempt to move towards the barkeep, hands high. Trying to simply move the swords pointing at him away. I am t-the only cyromancer powerful to destroy Fearblaze. I p-practice a unique magic, g-gifted t-to me.
    Angie didn't try any spell. I just asked if she would have noticed the lack of sadness. Dampening the emotions was all she was trying there. Going insane can often happen when you start removing your emotions. Angie is going to do some mental probing at the effects the spell that keeps Marty from feeling sadness. Hopefully it isn't tied to the loss of his soul she doubts she would be able to fix that.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I really hope these people have absinthe at the very least," Orrin says as he looks over the drink menu.

---
    "I will believe that when I see it," Iamar says. She might feel the slightly colder hilt of her sword if she wasn't wearing gloves.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

Elio and other spellcasters will notice they're's a powerful aura of cyromancy around him. Just as the Fearblaze could even melt elementium, his special magic could even freeze the heart...even emotions. His grin fades. Nothing? Wait, p-please....h-hear me out. I will n-not surrender, I've done nothing wrong. J-Just listen to me for a minute. The Fearblaze is unique. I know it's m-magic... It is rare, only three p-pyromancer's h-have ever been able to wield it. Well, f-four since that hermit.
    The barmaid also notices. The flames in the fireplace do spill over now, and the floor starts to smolder and burn. a couple of patrons who thought they were safely away from the fight get up and try to leave.

"I'm listening. Fearblaze. Sounds right for what it's trying to make me feel."

Marty will e by her now, hopefully. He looks down at her feet, the fire licking the bottoms of her body. His eye slants down in anger. AS I've explained, this m-magic is dark. Pure evil f-from the pits of Hell. A fire that b-burns only in the deepest recess of nightmares and in the dark s-shadows of the world's most d-demonic places. Now, I c-can fix y-you. I do believe it spreads b-by family. Do y-you h-have a long-lost r-relative? Zane? Or a certain h-hermit...Living in Outside? J-Just hold tight, you'll get a little cold. It won't h-hurt you. He moves very close, but he's carrying no weapons. He'll point at her feet. Next, she might suddenly feel a bit of a chill at her feet. Then, her boots or any kind of clothing she's wearing will begin to frost over... The floor around her will become slippery, as the wood freezes over. Magic that Marty bargained with an infamous demon for begins to take effect. The Fearblaze will most likely freeze completely over. The numbfrost, given to him by Calublufiok as per the terms of his deal, is the only thing that can freeze fearblaze.
    The barmaid has moved a bit away, just cautiously, not trying to flee. It takes a bit to trust people after they shoot at you, even when they're explaining. "Okay. Okay. Yes, I did. Lu-she's here in Outside? Why would that? No, I, I can't be cold." The barmaid is getting more and more uneasy as Marty gets closer. Normally no cyrourgist would be worth fearing, but in these circumstances...
    Her clothes do frost over. Then they thaw, as the fearblaze burns brighter and hotter and larger. And then they start to freeze again. "He's..." The flames slow, starting to cool, and she wavers.
    "He's-he's lying! He-stop him! Please, quick!" She slowly lifts up a hand towards Marty, as though against a heavy weight, and a bit of fearblaze shoots towards him.

Then she collapses and falls, crashes against the table she was leaning on earlier, and hits the ground. Still apparently conscious, as she's struggling to get back up. But she's also struggling to draw breath, so it's totally unsuccessful. The flames are an odd texture now, nearly solid and frozen through.

Whatever Marty thought would happen, it's definitely hurting her.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-04-21 at 12:28 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    (huh. Multiple Rangers in the bar at the sort-of same time. What are the odds? About the same as anything else in the Nexus, I guess.)
    Crazy, right? Of course, you don't know that. What if she's a legion spy?

Anyway, Dolores shrugs.

"Some decent absinthe would be great, actually. Anything to get over the shock of this place..."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

A brunette woman in a trench coat is behind the bar. She doesn't exactly look like she works here. She's systematically going through all the cupboards and looking for something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Brianna Corcoran, eyes gray as smoke, hair red as flame, enters the bar... sees the woman... and sighs, smiling slightly. "Again, Ellie? You know I could help you if I knew what you're looking for..."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-04-21 at 01:57 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

The top of Eleanor's head peeks over the counter and she looks at Brianna with innocent eyes. "What? I'm not hurting anyone. And I can't tell you. It's a secret."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

"People still don't like it when ye go somewhere like that, though.

...is it not your secret to tell? You're certainly dedicated to finding it..."

Brianna pulled up a chair, sitting down on it.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eleanor Thorne looks back longingly at the rest of the bar. It's obvious she wants to search the rest of it but, like a good friend, she walks out from behind it and pulls up a chair next to Brianna. "I can't tell you whose secret it is."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

"All right."

Brianna looks like she wants to say more, help somehow... but no.

"So, how've you been?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eleanor ponders this question for a moment as if she's not sure what answer she should give.

"Busy is probably the best way to describe it. What about you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Brianna nodded, smiling. "Aye, I've been a bit busy too. Had some meetings with my mum recently, mostly about this place."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eleanor nodded thoughtfully in response.

"That's good. So listen. I can't tell you anything about what I'm looking for but I can tell you one thing."

((Aaaanddddd Moofin deadtimes))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Brianna tilted her head, smiling at the other woman...

"Oh?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CentrifugalSalt View Post
    "Sure, go ahead. Nice to have some company." Desmond reaches down to his satchel and pulls out a yellow notepad. He takes a sip from the flask, then begins scrawling something on the pad.

"Where'd you get all this equipment? Are you a scientist of some kind?"
    Alusien sits down opposite Desmond. "Erm, effectively. More of a wizard per se, though I did find some interest in science." Alusien traces a circle on the table with his finger while muttering to himself. The tracing begins to glow blue, and a thin rim emerges from the line. He takes the vial of liquid and pours it into the "container", so that a thin film is spread evenly over the table.

Soon he notices that the black sphere he saw earlier appears to be sucking in the green fluid, forming a small vortex. It also appears to be growing in size.

"Well, that's unusual. I'm now pretty sure that this is a nutrient of some kind. What is the sphere using it for?"

The sphere begins shaking, and it is no longer absorbing the liquid. By this time it's about the size of a golfball, much too big to put back in the vial.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Brianna tilted her head, smiling at the other woman...

"Oh?"
    "It's definitely here somewhere. In the Nexus. I just don't know where."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well... good luck on your search, and if you need my help or get into trouble, give me a call, okay?"

The scion smiled at the adventurer. "You've been a good friend to me, after all."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mika shakes off her deadtime again. It's still some time, since she found someone to talk with.
    Mika appears as a young human woman, but some things are different. The most obviouse fact is that she has no 'normal' ears. Instead she got fox ears on top of her head and a tail on her back swings from left and right. People who know about her kind can clearly say, that she is a Kitsune . She wears a t-shirt and jeans as in the picture.

Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #83

A figure walks up to sit by Mika. Everyone else is busy with watching telescopes or being kidnapped, so they figure a visit to Trog's is in order.

It appears to be a male human youth Sunglasses on top of head, no box in hand, no glow around him, although his orange necklace is glowing softly.

"Hello there. Not often we see someone so interesting around the town. Could I buy you a drink?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Dragon table

Well, wouldn't he wear a mask he would look confused.

"Are you listenening to me? I said I don't have one. It's just easier to ask it this way."

It's really confusing. He knows that she wasn't reading his mind and the mask should prevent detecting his lie by mimic.
    She glares at him. Why would you be asking if you dodn't have one?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Ooooooh dear." Elio teleports with a *BLIP* to the barmaid's side. The wizard waves his hand and a pair of controlled chairs attempt to shove Marty into a third chair, which itself will raise Marty into the air like a Horah.

On the ground, Elio is going to be trying to magically hijack and surpress the ice magics hurting the girl, and maybe magically analyze her for information on whatever this Fearblaze is.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    She glares at him. Why would you be asking if you dodn't have one?
    "Researches" he sais, holding up the notes to underline the statement. "I'm intressed in this stuff. Wisdom if might."

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    A figure walks up to sit by Mika. Everyone else is busy with watching telescopes or being kidnapped, so they figure a visit to Trog's is in order.

It appears to be a male human youth Sunglasses on top of head, no box in hand, no glow around him, although his orange necklace is glowing softly.

"Hello there. Not often we see someone so interesting around the town. Could I buy you a drink?"
    Mika giggles at the offer.

"Sure, but I prefer to trade names first. Mine is Mika."
    She smiles at him and tilts her head slightly to the side. The expression in her face speaks for itself.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2013-04-30 at 03:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty stops his ice magic. This was not supposed to happen! The Fearblaze should have been frozen solid. The numbfrost was stronger than fearblaze. Though both had corny names. As a secondary effect, her toes will probably have contracted frostbite. Her very blood frozen.

Marty is pushes into a chair and risen up. He doesn't like this at all. Too many people... He wanted to see Elio alone. Marty speaks now, in the air. P-Perhaps you d-don't understand... The numbfrost must destroy the fearblaze. The only way is to freeze it from existence, Elio. Nothing else can effect it. The fearblaze is a harmful flame. Cruel. Destructive. I preserve. I n-never destroy... Elio... I don't appreciate y-you luring me into a trap for authorities to lock me up. All I'm d-doing is trying t-to help.

He'll attempt to freeze the chair solid, which can be easily done. The chair explodes from expanding, and frozen wood chunks go flying. Marty drops to the floor, and will then throw his hands up in the air. Y-You can't suppress the m-magic now, Elio. It will destroy the f-fearblaze until I tell it t-to stop. The fearblaze will corrupt her, I'm purifying her. For the g-greater good. But... I will stop. For you, old f-friend. He reaches his hand out, and the numbfrost will stop spreading. Marty looks upset he's not allowed to destroy the fearblaze here.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mika giggles at the offer.

"Sure, but I prefer to trade names first. Mine is Mika."
    She smiles at him and tilts her head slightly to the side. The expression in her face speaks for itself.
    He nods, and smiles back. "I'm Atorre. A pleasure to meet you."

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    On the ground, Elio is going to be trying to magically hijack and surpress the ice magics hurting the girl, and maybe magically analyze her for information on whatever this Fearblaze is.
    The Fearblaze is a special form of fire, that, as its name implies, feeds on fear, burning it as a self-sustaining fuel much faster than any actual substance burns. Dark black, but in this case, mixed up with normal yellow-orange fire.

Elio (and Marty, through the numbfrost) could probably magically see that this fire can't be put out without killing her, and her being alive is what's giving it the unnatural resistance to the frost. Easy fix though. Just do anything that should put out the flames, then kill her, and they'll go out for good.

Just a tiny bit of free flame is still glowing, amidst all the ice.

"Thank you." To Elio.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #89

Mika offers a hand for handshaking, a commen gesture.

"A pleasure." she responds.

"So what brings you in the most entertaining, but also most violent tavern in the nexus?"

Right to the point.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie is going to do some mental probing on Marty. Specifically at the effects the spell that keeps Marty from feeling sadness. Hopefully it isn't tied to the loss of his soul she doubts she would be able to fix that. Depending on what she finds she will try to undo the spell making it so Marty can feel sadness once again.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?