New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 IV: It's All Coming to a Head

Hm. That explains a lot, then. Even just getting a learner's license involves a lot of hoops and money (medical examination, first aid course, written exam in traffic rules, handing it to your local administration so they can check if you're an actual citizen, etc. etc.). I know a lot of people who just didn't bother to get one until their mid-twenties when they needed one for a job.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Hm. That explains a lot, then. Even just getting a learner's license involves a lot of hoops and money (medical examination, first aid course, written exam in traffic rules, handing it to your local administration so they can check if you're an actual citizen, etc. etc.). I know a lot of people who just didn't bother to get one until their mid-twenties when they needed one for a job.
    Exactly, plus driver ed is what? The equivalent of $80 an hour? It's the cost in SWeden.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Exactly, plus driver ed is what? The equivalent of $80 an hour? It's the cost in SWeden.
    Yeah, driver ed is freaky expensive... at least in Germany, too.

So... Apparently getting drunk also makes Gary lose his shame. Like, entirely. Even if that stewardess was very politely keeping away he knew she was there...
    Also, did Gary in the last panel realize what I think he realized?

sidenote: What happened in the last panel of the latest DC?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, this must be a private flight. The entire plane for themselves and some crew, with free access to fruity alcoholics. Also, bonus score for Mile High Club references being made in-comic as well now.

(Admittance: I have no idea what this Mile High Club is. I presume it's a movie. >_>)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Yeah, this must be a private flight. The entire plane for themselves and some crew, with free access to fruity alcoholics. Also, bonus score for Mile High Club references being made in-comic as well now.

(Admittance: I have no idea what this Mile High Club is. I presume it's a movie. >_>)
    Not sure if you are kidding, but the Mile High Club is made up of people who have had sex while in a flying plane. Hence, being a mile high. And yeah, private plane huh? That does explain things. lol
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    sidenote: What happened in the last panel of the latest DC?
    Chloe looked to her left at what she thought was a window and thought she saw Pandora outside. She then realises it's actually a mirror.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Barbarian in the Playground

It suddenly occurs to me that this could be very bad for Gary. We know from previous experience that when you go somewhere with Senna, Senna isn't particularly concerned about how you're going to get home again.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

8. - Top - End - #458
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

We know that he ends up in Paris with Sandra, as well as Senna, and she's nicely paid now. Given how warm her happy-to-see-you attitude was, she'd probably be enough of a friend to spare him a plane ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky
    I honestly thought that this was an international expression.
    Apologies if it was too ambiguous for you guys who have other first languages; I assure you, had you recognised the phrase the first time round, it would have been pure comedy gold. Honest.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2013-08-20 at 06:37 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    And yeah, private plane huh? That does explain things. lol
    She said in the last comic it was a private jet... but it still seems weird of Gary to act like that. Then again, alcohol and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Chloe looked to her left at what she thought was a window and thought she saw Pandora outside. She then realises it's actually a mirror.
    Ah, so that star was the metaphorical penny dropping..? I assumed something like that but it just... looked kind of weird?

On a side note, is it just me or has Ma3 become... more safe for work. Not entirely but that speech bubble probably isn't there by coincidence and back when we had the "It' impossible for DiDi not to be seductive" comics it also was quite harmless.
    (Then again, I don't know why showing nipples is more erotic than showing... well, people having sex or other body parts but still)
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

10. - Top - End - #460
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I'm half wondering if this is going to turn out to be a huge, bizarre dream sequence for Senna, waking up on landing to find Gary still ranting about Transformers or something.

That, or it's real and Gary will, upon sobering up, drop into unbreakable catatonia.

11. - Top - End - #461

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'm half wondering if this is going to turn out to be a huge, bizarre dream sequence for Senna, waking up on landing to find Gary still ranting about Transformers or something.

That, or it's real and Gary will, upon sobering up, drop into unbreakable catatonia.
    I dont think gary would have a break down anymore. He has seen hot women nude, he has had sex with hot women, several of them. He has progressed quite a bit from the early days of the comic where a fully clothed yuki sitting on his face was enough for him to black out.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Barbarian in the Playground

On another note, I do think that Senna might mean to give him exactly the same on the hotel...
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think today's strip might be the last I read from this comic. I know it's not entirely confirmed that Gary is too drunk to consent and that Sienna is more in control (but it's more or less how it feels here). However, this is a murky and controversial strip at best. I was reading this comic for the sex-positive mood, but now it's making me ill-at-ease at best.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

So am i the only person who has noticed that this is kind of a very date rapeish scene? Not that i think that Gary is entirely unwilling but it is straddling a line.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

15. - Top - End - #465

Given the comment before yours? No. And it's making me feel uneasy, too.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #466

Its two drunk people going at it like, well, two drunken people. Gary might be drunker, (he is) but she aint exactly stone cold sober. Hell, in the last comic she wanted two more of those drinks, and both have those little drunk squiggles with their speech.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

Its two drunk people going at it like, well, two drunken people. Gary might be drunker, (he is) but she aint exactly stone cold sober. Hell, in the last comic she wanted two more of those drinks, and both have those little drunk squiggles with their speech.
    That's the issue, though: it feels like Sienna is not so drunk that she is unable to consent, but it's clearly implied that Gary is. The degree of drunkeness does matter. Because it's not entirely clear to what degree each of them are able, or not, to consent, I'm having a nuanced reaction to it: it's controversial, somewhat murky, and makes me feel ill-at-ease. It doesn't belong to a light-hearted, fun comic strip series because it's not easy to dismiss that something very wrong is being made fun of.

If this was a more serious comics about sexuality (such as QUILTBAG), they could have explored the implications and the different sides of what happened with the attention it deserves. Here, it just feels like the sort of stuff Extra Credits criticizes all the time: lazy writing, that doesn't realize the implications of the narrative.

In other words: if Gisele doesn't want to enter the waters of controversial topics and gray morality, she should take care to steer away from them. Sexuality is a subject full of reefs.
    Last edited by Werewindlefr; 2013-08-20 at 02:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Keep in mind as well that while it is stupid and naive, Gary isn't actually really aware that he was drinking, or that he is drunk. He may very well be putting it down to a fear high.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-08-20 at 02:50 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

19. - Top - End - #469

Quote Originally Posted by Werewindlefr View Post
    That's the issue, though: it feels like Sienna is not so drunk that she is unable to consent, but it's clearly implied that Gary is. The degree of drunkeness does matter. Because it's not entirely clear to what degree each of them are able, or not, to consent, I'm having a nuanced reaction to it: it's controversial, somewhat murky, and makes me feel ill-at-ease. It doesn't belong to a light-hearted, fun comic strip series because it's not easy to dismiss that something very wrong is being made fun of.

If this was a more serious comics about sexuality (such as QUILTBAG), they could have explored the implications and the different sides of what happened with the attention it deserves. Here, it just feels like the sort of stuff Extra Credits criticizes all the time: lazy writing, that doesn't realize the implications of the narrative.

In other words: if Gisele doesn't want to enter the waters of controversial topics and gray morality, she should take care to steer away from them. Sexuality is a subject full of reefs.
    And the way I see it is you are looking too deeply into it. Its supposed to be a funny comic where gary and senna get drunk and have wild monkey sex on a jet plane. Had it been written with clear implication of her trying to get gary drunk to take advantage of him then I would agree. It just seems to me she got him a drink to calm him down, which turned into three, she joined in, and they both lost control. To the point where she wasnt even aware her world getting rocked wasnt garys (total lack of) skill, just the plane landing.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not sure how I feel about leaving for a week of two and coming back to even more characters getting smashed and having sex because of it. (I find it kind of a lazy reason to have two characters getting it on, not to mention the issues with Senna giving him alcohol despite him specifically telling her not to.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

I dont think gary would have a break down anymore. He has seen hot women nude, he has had sex with hot women, several of them. He has progressed quite a bit from the early days of the comic where a fully clothed yuki sitting on his face was enough for him to black out.
    You're forgetting that Senna is, to my knowledge, a non-operative transsexual.

That might be enough to cause a breakdown.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post

All I know is that you get point for every mile you fly and able to stay in lounge (Me and my family usually rested in lounge after return trip from Burma to America).
    edit: Reading Wikipedia about "Miles High Club" (NSFW). Sorry about the mistake.
    Last edited by t209; 2013-08-20 at 07:32 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

23. - Top - End - #473

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    We know that he ends up in Paris with Sandra, as well as Senna, and she's nicely paid now. Given how warm her happy-to-see-you attitude was, she'd probably be enough of a friend to spare him a plane ticket.
    I'd say that her habit of ceasing to care after she's gotten what she's wanted is very likely part of why he's still in Paris.

He's about to get raped because he can't say no unless the narrative rescues him before they get to a room.

Who knows? Maybe Sandra is the person who rescues him and he's stuck working off that debt?

I think today's strip might be the last I read from this comic. I know it's not entirely confirmed that Gary is too drunk to consent-snip-
    He's drunk. Therefore he's too drunk to consent. But that's not nearly as much of an issue (in terms of the narrative) as his inability to stand up for himself, express himself, or say no.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-08-20 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #474
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    All I know is that you get point for every mile you fly and able to stay in lounge (Me and my family usually rested in lounge after return trip from Burma to America).
    edit: Reading Wikipedia about "Miles High Club" (NSFW). Sorry about the mistake.
    You're thinking of various rewards programs, generally called Frequent Flier Miles.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

And the way I see it is you are looking too deeply into it. Its supposed to be a funny comic where gary and senna get drunk and have wild monkey sex on a jet plane.
    It stops being funny when it touches on the "rape is comedy" trope. I have no respect for the "it's just entertainment" excuse.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

And the way I see it is you are looking too deeply into it. Its supposed to be a funny comic where gary and senna get drunk and have wild monkey sex on a jet plane. Had it been written with clear implication of her trying to get gary drunk to take advantage of him then I would agree. It just seems to me she got him a drink to calm him down, which turned into three, she joined in, and they both lost control. To the point where she wasnt even aware her world getting rocked wasnt garys (total lack of) skill, just the plane landing.
    Well did you ever consider that if this gender was reversed and gary was a woman it would be considered much less of a "funny comic" . I'm trying to judge this strip from a perspective that doesn't find even a hint of rape funny.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2013-08-20 at 11:29 PM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Well did you ever consider that if this gender was reversed and gary was a woman it would be considered much less of a "funny comic" . I'm trying to judge this strip from a perspective that doesn't find even a hint of rape funny.
    While in this example I would agree, I think the current application to Gary and Senna depends on how you read the previous strip.

To me, it didn't read like Gary was getting more and more confused and disorientated, but instead as he drank more his confidence was increasing. At the very beginning he was too terrified to even move and hold a conversation with Senna.
    After a couple of drinks, he relaxes enough to start sharing his pass times and hobbies with her. After a couple more, he opens up personal details about his failed relationships to date. After seven, it genuinely looks to be like he has pulled her into his lap - Senna's speech seems to be as much surprise as anything, and he gave her 'such pleasure', again which I read in a domineering sense.

He's even lucid enough to recognise what he's doing, because he knows that it's a new experience ("Didn't do this with Sonya") so his perception and memory seem to be unimpeded.

Okay, admittedly "get drunk and your sex life will improve" is not a particularly good moral for any story, but my interpretation is a long way away from "Gary is too drunk to consent and Senna is taking advantage of him".
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

28. - Top - End - #478

It stops being funny when it touches on the "rape is comedy" trope. I have no respect for the "it's just entertainment" excuse.
    But its not rape. Its two drunk people having sex with each other. Or do you think every couple that hooks up at the bar at last call should be arrested? Had this been a scenario where one or the other was sober, I would be more willing to go along with your view. But they arent. They are both hammered and horny.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Bugbear in the Playground

But its not rape. Its two drunk people having sex with each other. Or do you think every couple that hooks up at the bar at last call should be arrested? Had this been a scenario where one or the other was sober, I would be more willing to go along with your view. But they arent. They are both hammered and horny.
    But Gary didn't choose to be drunk. He pretty clearly was unaware of what it was that he was drinking.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Consent is a dodgy thing, but generally speaking, people who are under the influence of a mind-altering substance are not considered able to give consent.

And sex without consent is the very definition of rape.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.