New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Outside XXXV

This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
    Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
    Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
    Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
    Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
    Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
    The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
    The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.
    The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.
    Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about.

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Dead Pine Lake]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

Spoiler
    Show

[The Islands]
    Spoiler
    Show

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]
    Spoiler
    Show

Now more commonly known as Melody's Island, since Gersemi has long ago retired.

Where once was a single hut with a few sheep, now stands a single hut, a barn, a few sheep, and a small tented community of orphans. Gersemi's loom still rests in one corner of the single hut.

Melody, like Gersemi before her, is a healer for the surrounding islands.

(Please PM Lex-Kat if you wish to interact with Melody.)

[Redbrick Falls]
    Spoiler
    Show

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]
    Spoiler
    Show

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

[North Forest]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A magical forest with a mythical spring of beauty. A bit like the Weald, but not nearly as dangerous. For starters, you can find your way back out and the pixies aren't cannibals.

Frozen Forest & Hermitage
    A large forest of tall trees and once very pretty flowers lies here. The entire forest has been completely frozen over, and a blizzard constantly storms and snows over the forest, but doesn't affect even an inch past the forest border. The forest is still very pretty; the flowers and mushrooms glittering under a frozen layer. The place is pretty safe, if you're used to constant snow and cold temperatures.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-05-11 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXV

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    "He is not a doctor by trade, it is his title. He is a genius; but best at biology. He could give you a great advantage over those you seek - he can grow living weapons, battlesuits, enhancements, and if that isn't to your taste, he has no small skill in ordinary technology. I know that he has programmed an A.I. far beyond any other, and that he has a station far out in the deepest reaches of space, built by his own hand alone.

I must admit, however, that he would not aid us willingly, but I have leverage over him... I can force him to help, but if we go to him you must be on your guard."

Information on how to find Doctor Harald crystallises in Martyn's mind - frequent haunts, his address in the Nexus, his lab and storage facility.

"Choose - hunt now, or arm yourself first."
    Marty stands and frowns. This man could help, and if he didn't, it wouldn't be too hard to slaughter him and take what Marty wanted. Easily done, and the rewards would be substantial. He notices where he lives, and accesses the locations. We're not going into the city again, too much risk. I was almost killed, now though... I could fight back a bit. But, I'm not yet as strong as possible. More power, always more. Let's find this Doctor and pay him a visit...

As for the journal and such, Marty pockets it along with the blood. No one else is here, hm. He wanted blood... Rage needed blood to be spilled, massacred, destroyed... Rage, is there a way you can sense for human life long-distance? I think I shall make this place my headquarters. And, The Hermit spoke of a volcano... Can you sense one near? Next, he raises his hands up, and the doors and windows freeze over, at least 8 inches of solid ice, in every entrance. No one was getting in or out. Marty could simply teleport. Next, he froze the roof, making sure it could withstand against someone trying to get in from there.

With that done, he also freezes over any fireplace or chimney. Lastly, he freezes over the floor. No one will burrow inside either. He then summons six ice elementals, hulking creatures of solid ice, brutes of cold... He augments them with numbfrost, and teleports them outside, to guard the Hermitage. He breathes in the frosty air, and sits down on the chair again, rocking gently. I like it here...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

The Ship

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"Getting them to follow the rules is the job of the connected links to a number of informational documents on people who tried to do it... and then how they died."
    Neni rolls her eyes. "Lethality of 85%, the remaining 15% were as good as dead, not technically dead, or no one stuck around to make sure they died. 51% of the deaths might be considered 'karmic' or 'ironic,' 76% were 'cruel and unusual,' and the statistics and historical incidents go on at length that it has yet to do anyone any good."
    That brings a smirk to Susan's lips, and she nods. "I see. So essentially the 'do not interfere' doctrine can be told to stuff it then, eh?" she suggests, her expression showing that she'll interefere where she bloody well pleases, thankyaveddymuch.

[Hamlet]

A certain eeeeeeevil ghost lady arrives. On foot. Seeking Excelsior!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Hermitage Marty's HQ]

The place freezes over. The grand door covered with a sheet of ice. The chimney in the central room ices up, filled with cold. The windows are sealed, ice covering the shutters on both sides.

By the time Marty is finished, the place would be more of a fortress of ice with a few interior walls. It was a cozy place before. Now it still is, if much more suited to Marty.

The volcano is far away, over oceans, and perhaps worlds. Zane could tell you exactly where, but it is certainly not near the Forest.

((And I think I'm done here))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Space Station

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    He speaks. They know nothing. NOTHING! I will make it to the Magcave just fine, and there I will tear through your body like cracking a rice crispiness treat. He then speaks to the intercom.

"Status, Magtok is alive. Essentially finished with interrogations. Didn't get much else, he deleted files too fast. Request permission for vivisection? Let me see what Magtech makes him tick..."
    "You're an idiot, Enshadu, but nowhere near as stupid as the Excelsior morons. My tech is garbage compared to theirs, flagrantly inferior in every way, and yet they act as if it's some holy grail of scientific power. Come on, Enshadu, do you honestly think my technology is my power, that wires and circuits are what makes me tick? Would you have made it even half this far if I put as much energy into this frail, stupid body as I do my true strengths? You're all wasting your time."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Ship

"There are people who believe that interference with other civilizations is pollution or should be avoided for other reasons, but they are in the minority. I have never heard of a doctrine of non-interference. What is this from?" She's curious on the matter, under what circumstances would a whole doctrine come up?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Hermitage Marty's HQ]

The place freezes over. The grand door covered with a sheet of ice. The chimney in the central room ices up, filled with cold. The windows are sealed, ice covering the shutters on both sides.

By the time Marty is finished, the place would be more of a fortress of ice with a few interior walls. It was a cozy place before. Now it still is, if much more suited to Marty.

The volcano is far away, over oceans, and perhaps worlds. Zane could tell you exactly where, but it is certainly not near the Forest.

((And I think I'm done here))
    Martyn grins and looks around at the fortress he created. It's all so perfect! Ice everywhere, he's safe.. No one would get in without teleporting. Hm.. He'd have to change that. Find a way to teleport inside, but assure that no one else can. He'd work on that later. He sits in his chair, and pulls a tarot card of his from his pocket. I need a different identity... A way to function in regular society, and allow me to live... I heard about a place called Arcanus.... He grins and cackles, before flipping the card in the air, for his shadow to catch.

Space Station

"You're an idiot, Enshadu, but nowhere near as stupid as the Excelsior morons. My tech is garbage compared to theirs, flagrantly inferior in every way, and yet they act as if it's some holy grail of scientific power. Come on, Enshadu, do you honestly think my technology is my power, that wires and circuits are what makes me tick? Would you have made it even half this far if I put as much energy into this frail, stupid body as I do my true strengths? You're all wasting your time."
    Enshadu glares, his music shifting genre's around once more. He begins to circle Magtok, glaring and speaking. Magtok might notice that
    Enshadu appears to be attempting to get rid of a virus that is effecting his mind, along with struggling through magic that is causing his already faulty personality chip to malfunction. Well, well, well... What do we have here, Magtok? He stops and growls, before lunging in front of Magtok, trying to scare the cyborg, trying to confirm his dominance. Perhaps you don't understand. Idiot? Don't you insult me! No, Magtok... I don't think all you are is wires and cables... I can't. You are human, you have something I don't... Something I consider weaker 99.8% of the time. However... the other 0.2% is what puts you over me. We might be allies if circumstances were any different...

He also uses his telepathy to respond to Excelsior. I'm fine. Geez. Calm down. The interrogation is going well, I'm not getting much out of him... He appears to have deleted everything else. I request permission to vivisect? I would like to adapt his tech.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-05-11 at 12:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

[Melody's Island- Mermaid Cove]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Now Derek wants to hear a mermaid choir singing. "I imagine that communicating with feelings is a useful, if a bit weird, way to communicate. It's too bad that the talent is fading from your people. Do you have the ability?"
    Estrielle frowns and loweras her head sadly. Unfortunately, no. Not even a little. Though, I've been told that I'm braver for not having it. she smiles more, due to the compliment of others. Most other mermaids are afraid of adult humans.

She frowns and lowers her head. Others say I'm reckless and stupid.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[Melody's Island]

Flaming Hawt Pink hooman Reinholdt approaches!
    He brings fresh-baked muffins too.

He'll land a little inland and become less pink and look around for the girls or Melody.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Greener Pastures]

"Mad? Eh. Don't look much like Whacky Land to me, Mac. But-" the jackalope declares with a snap of his fingers. "This I can work with."

He then stretches his arms to reach off screen and whips out a large comfortable looking sofa. The sort someone might recline on whilst talking to a psychoanalyst. The furniture whizzes across the ground and aims to scoop the baffled newcomer right off his rock.

The jackalope then hops into a large overstuffed chair and pulls out a notepad and pen.

"Mmm, your uncle. Interesting, we'll begin there,"
    the cartoony creature says, his accent having changed completely. "Tell me more about your uncle."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

[Melody's Island]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Flaming Hawt Pink hooman Reinholdt approaches!
    He brings fresh-baked muffins too.

He'll land a little inland and become less pink and look around for the girls or Melody.
    He doesn't see the girls, as Melody has them practicing their weaving skills, out of sight of any possible distractions. Which includes flying pink hoomans bearing heavenly treats.

Melody, on the other hand, can be found tending to her most recent, and currently only, patient. Seems the tent city of sick and dying has finally gone down, at least for a while. She's feeling a young man's leg, while his mother stands disapprovingly near his head. She seems unhappy to be here.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Melody's Island]

Reinholdt approaches with a friendly wave. "Hello. What happened?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Estrielle frowns and loweras her head sadly. Unfortunately, no. Not even a little. Though, I've been told that I'm braver for not having it. she smiles more, due to the compliment of others. Most other mermaids are afraid of adult humans.

She frowns and lowers her head. Others say I'm reckless and stupid.
    Derek frowns a bit as she lowers her head. "Maybe that is because they are jealous of your courage. I think your curiosity shows how smart you really are." Cutting yourself off from strangers is pretty much the opposite of Derek's life philosophy.

-----------------------

[Dragon Slaying: From the thread that was.]

Spoiler
    Show
    John stumbles back as the force from the explosion hits him. He comes away covered in ash, underneath that it looks like he has some pretty bad sunburn. He also looks a bit stunned. He didn't intend to blow up the dragon. He holsters his pistol and puts his rifle on his back. Shaking his head to get the ringing out of his ears he starts to make his way to Zorzo. "Hey are you OK?" He yells a loudly.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Dragon Slaying]

For a few seconds, Harley can only stare blankly at the ground. Now what?

After she shakes herself back to reality, she looks up. "Yes, I'm fine." She nods visibly, stands up, and walks towards John. "Good job," she says. "You did well. One less threat to the village children." Her voice is rather flat.

There's also sure to be treasure somewhere in the ruins of that tower. After all, what kind of dragon hangs out in towers without treasure?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dragon Hunting]

John looks a bit worried about the flatness of her voice. He briefly wonders if she might have got hit on the head. Shouldn't she be happier that the dragon is dead. As dead as you can get really. "Are you sure?" He will give her a quick look over to make she isn't bleeding from the head or anything. "Come on let's go check out the tower see if we can grab any good stuff from the rubble."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

[Melody's Island]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Reinholdt approaches with a friendly wave. "Hello. What happened?"
    Tomerson broke his leg...

"He climbed a tree he was told time and time again to stay out of, and now he's broke his leg." His mother says with a scowl.

Melody grabs his leg, closes her eyes, and begins to whisper something. As she does, his leg begins to twitch. Tomerson grits his teeth at the pain.

Derek frowns a bit as she lowers her head. "Maybe that is because they are jealous of your courage. I think your curiosity shows how smart you really are." Cutting yourself off from strangers is pretty much the opposite of Derek's life philosophy.
    Maybe. Estrielle says. But what if you were bad people? Then I would be trapped and, and then you'd skin me, using my scales for magical trinkets, my hair would be woven into hats or shirts, and my bones ground up and used for potions or something.

Jezebelle leans forward, looking upset. What!? Who'd do something awful like that? she looks to Derek, not accusingly, but wondering if he'd heard any such thing.

17. - Top - End - #17

[Dragon Hunting]

John will find that, while there are traces of wet blood, there's no traces of any wound, visible or otherwise.

"Yeah." Harley glances one last time at where the dragon was, before following John to the collapsed tower.

Scattered here and there, there's some expensive looking but banged up plates and silverware, some old and scratched-up books (some torn!), a bunch of rocks and massive stone bricks, and...there's a large metal chest.

The chest is locked.

However, fortune smiles upon the dragon hunters, because the chest is also nearly smashed open by all the rocks and by the fall. There's a bunch of coins spilling all over the place, a couple crowns (worn by a princess, no doubt), a red feathery mask that somehow, against all odds, survived everything so far, an amulet or two that seem to be pulsing with some sort of power, and a snazzy watch. The minute hand still seems to be working.

So, I guess there is some cool stuff there that can be given to orphans and widows.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Derek has meet more then a few unscrupulous people in his travels. "What if we were genies who would grant you three wishes. Living your life worried about what if's is just silly. Although you seemed ready to run long before we got close to you. You got to judge for yourself and in this case I hope you don't regret it." He smiles at Estrielle.

----------------------------

[Dragon Hunting]

Not to mention help pay rent for the next couple of months. John reaches into the smashed chest removing all the stuff from it setting it out. He will fill his backpack with a bunch of the gold coins then stops and looks over to Zorzo. "Hey do you have those inter-dimensional pockets people always seem to have?" He will be careful with the amulets touching only the chains and not the glowing part. He will look them over for visible runes or markings showing what they might do. The watch is also going to be handled with great care.
    Last edited by McBish; 2013-05-10 at 08:13 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #19

[Dragon Hunting]

"No, I just have normal pockets," she says, her voice finally gaining some of its color and tone back. "Just lousy women's pockets. Men have no idea how lucky they are to have large pockets in their pants."

There's only one visible rune on each of the amulets. By the way, one has a red gem in it, and the other has a blue gem in it. When John looks in the gems during his search for runes, he'll notice that there's the runes behind the gems.

If he looks directly at the runes, he'll get a sudden rush of knowledge in the form of images:
    Looking at the blue one, he'll see in his mind an image of a man wearing the amulet, holding his hands out in the same symbol as the rune, and blasting fire from his hands. Then, the man in the image gets tired (slightly drained of energy; energy drained depends on size of fire) after that.

The red one does the same, except with ice instead of fire.

The pulsing blue gem contains an Elemental Spirit of Fire, and the red one likewise contains an Elemental Spirit of Ice.

Also, the mask has some writing in Spanish written in small letters on it, if John notices it. It says along the lines of "When you need a disguise, wear this, my love." It makes it harder for people to immediately recognize the wearer.

In addition, the watch goes Tick Tock very faintly.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-05-11 at 12:17 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

The Ship

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "There are people who believe that interference with other civilizations is pollution or should be avoided for other reasons, but they are in the minority. I have never heard of a doctrine of non-interference. What is this from?" She's curious on the matter, under what circumstances would a whole doctrine come up?
    "It was from a dimension my parents visited once. Oddly, they called their state 'Federation' as well, but it was rather different. And they had a 'prime directive' that stated pretty much that contact with non-FTL-capable cultures was to be avoided at all costs, while some interpreted it as meaning even contacted cultures couldn't have their development 'interfered' with."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Inside Outskirts]

"Ah, no. Here is simply a meeting area." came a familiar tone from inside the vehicle as a mechanical face with a paper-mache beard poked itself out a propped open door; a familiar set of maroon headphones dangling around it's neck. "Given how the good Sir was apparently handing these out like they were party favors, I thought that I might as well obtain one for use seeing how it technically was already reserved for this group. Plus.. I am fairly certain that I'm the only one who actually knows the proper operations of this vehicle so I decided it might be safer to leave a splinter off at the Cave until all this dies down. Or goes horribly wrong. Hard to say, exactly." Archimedes said in it's usual whimsically cheerful tone.

Of course, this had left Riss with a mouth half open to explain more or less the same thing and the muse was now sporting a less than amused expression. "Also, I have some of the most recent geographic surveys of the areas beyond given that simply wandering about wouldn't be the most efficient way to go about things. General climate data and the like is included although there are some areas that seem to be rather prone to storms what with some adjacent areas having rather disparate. temperature averages." the A.I. continued, apparently having applied some forethought before setting out.

"Right... I'm guessing all we have to do now is climb in and settle on our destination." the muse said, taking a few steps up the ladder on the side to give Imp a well deserved scratch under each chin. Of course, once everyone had made their way inside and generally made themselves as comfortable as space would allow, given how a hellbeast was taking up most of the room, the A.I. would fiddle with some instruments before bringing up an image on a screen nested within the dashboard.

The first image would be of an area of gentle inclines. It seemed to have very little tree cover as well as a healthy stream that snaked it's way down to a larger river beyond the scope of the display. It was rather distant and appeared to have a temperature range that didn't deviate much more than ten degrees above or below three centigrade despite the time of year. Definitely a chilly place, all things said.

The next would be of a moderately dense forest that was much closer although the terrain was much rockier than the one previous. While having to make room would take time, it appeared that the area contained numerous useful minerals and it's climate was a more traditionally comfortable range although it had some minor extremes depending on the season. It did seem to be prone to minor earthquakes, however.

A third image was of a nearly flat area with no vegetation and the only source of water was in a deep ravine near the edge of the display. This one was roughly between the two previous in distance and previous surveys seemed to indicate near surface metals though the ground was quite hard to break. This was one of the places where heavy storms were more common and apparently the events had left the ravine to be left with all the fertile soil that had been stripped away from the areas higher up. It was quite mild here otherwise, though, if a bit humid.

A forth display was of an area that was quite cold with an average temperature being freezing but geothermal activity had apparently seen fit to imbue the area with a hot springs as well as a geyser that ran on a seventeen hour cycle. The springs eventually fed into a river of melting snow which was replenished quite regularly given the weather but seemed to have few other detriments. It seemed to be somewhat closer than the previous area as well.

A fifth area also had some geothermal activity in the form of a spring and was in a somewhat more mountainous area that was prone to thick fog; a byproduct of the very regular but also quite gentle rains. This appeared to be the source for several streams in the area and it was generally cool but not necessarily cold throughout each season. However, it appeared to be almost as distant as the first area.

There were more places, of course, but these were areas that the A.I. had decided were most immediately reachable by the APC. If no consensus could be reached, or if more options were wanted, then more would be brought out but under the caution that they would be somewhat more difficult to reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Inside Outskirts

"I'd like to check out the fifth one there, and maybe the fourth. I've lived in a forest for too long, so I don't think the second really will work to keep me interested full time, and I don't have much experience with mountains yet. The flat place, in the third one, it doesn't look very interesting compared to any of the rest of them, and the first one looks too cold in the winter for me to enjoy it. We can check them all out firsthand though, if you guys think we have the time for it, and make a smart decision after that. If we're just looking for a place to stay temporarily first then I'd say forest is our best bet for that since it's close and should have a nice amount of natural shelter. Then again, there's enough room in here to sleep next to Imp if we all squish together." Misha has squeezed into the vehicle after Riss, and can see just how uncomfortable it would be to sleep in with the thick armor plating and Imp's mammoth bulk taking up most of the room. She'd likely have to sit with Riss on her lap if they wanted to sleep in here, which isn't such a bad tradeoff for a night or two.

"So what do you guys think?"

[Inside Outskirts]

"Hey Archie!" Mimi greets the AI with enthusiasm. She likes Archie, he's awesome. She's suddenly very glad he's not in the MagCave with the mess that's going on there. The pixie plops down on Riss' shoulder while they learn more about the potential locations.

"Hm, I dunno about that rainy one. The water makes it a pain to fly around. I kinda like the second one, with all the trees and stuff. I dunno what the cold ones are like. How cold would that be anyway?" Miimi thinks out loud, not feeling too decisive about any one of them. The foresty one does seem more promising to her, however.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

He notices where he lives, and accesses the locations. We're not going into the city again, too much risk. I was almost killed, now though... I could fight back a bit. But, I'm not yet as strong as possible. More power, always more. Let's find this Doctor and pay him a visit...
    "He is currently at the Good League of Good... you could go there under cover of seeking redemption..."

Rage, is there a way you can sense for human life long-distance? I think I shall make this place my headquarters. And, The Hermit spoke of a volcano... Can you sense one near?
    "No volcano... but anger I can sense. Anything that burns with anger is mine to see, to control. The stronger their rage, the brighter they glow. See them as I see."

Martyn will feel Rage reaching into his eyeballs, changing something inside. Suddenly, he will be able to see anger as a red glow (this will persist forever. Martyn can turn it off and on at will). If he looks down at himself, he will be glowing so brightly that he can't see himself.

I need a different identity... A way to function in regular society, and allow me to live... I heard about a place called Arcanus....
    "This could work... with my powers, you would be more than a match for any of them... but you would need a strong illusion... no, they would see through it... a new face. And so we come again to the good Doctor. Find him. I will make him help us."
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"He is currently at the Good League of Good... you could go there under cover of seeking redemption..."

"No volcano... but anger I can sense. Anything that burns with anger is mine to see, to control. The stronger their rage, the brighter they glow. See them as I see."

Martyn will feel Rage reaching into his eyeballs, changing something inside. Suddenly, he will be able to see anger as a red glow (this will persist forever. Martyn can turn it off and on at will). If he looks down at himself, he will be glowing so brightly that he can't see himself.

"This could work... with my powers, you would be more than a match for any of them... but you would need a strong illusion... no, they would see through it... a new face. And so we come again to the good Doctor. Find him. I will make him help us."
    Martyn growls even angrier, his bright red vision blasting dark and seething. The very mention of GLoG angers him. So much good, yet even there witches like Vidalia lurked. She would pay for insulting him, hurting him. She'd pay... He'd massacre all of them before the end, to prove his power... Stronger than any other... NO! Not GLoG. Never. They helped me, yes. Dr. Quinn... She will be spared, along with her loved ones... A truly good person In a world of people who would hurt me, an innocent young man... Who only wanted happiness... Vidalia will pay. Butler will live... He's innocent, and pure. All who would harm the innocent will die, and I shall be their judge! Yes, the Doctor... Doctor that's it! A witch doctor, named after the ancient demon Dantallion. I shall be Dr. Dantallion. Now, teleport me to Harald. I shall wait for my Inside plot clone to finish up and take care of this. Let's go.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Martyn growls even angrier, his bright red vision blasting dark and seething. The very mention of GLoG angers him. So much good, yet even there witches like Vidalia lurked. She would pay for insulting him, hurting him. She'd pay... He'd massacre all of them before the end, to prove his power... Stronger than any other... NO! Not GLoG. Never. They helped me, yes. Dr. Quinn... She will be spared, along with her loved ones... A truly good person In a world of people who would hurt me, an innocent young man... Who only wanted happiness... Vidalia will pay. Butler will live... He's innocent, and pure. All who would harm the innocent will die, and I shall be their judge! Yes, the Doctor... Doctor that's it! A witch doctor, named after the ancient demon Dantallion. I shall be Dr. Dantallion. Now, teleport me to Harald. I shall wait for my Inside plot clone to finish up and take care of this. Let's go.
    Rage teleports Marty to Doctor Harald. To GLoG!

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Snatchin' Doctors -> Frozen Hermitage]

Assuming he isn't held tightly, Harald will break away and run as far as possible (not that far, given that everything is iced up) from Martyn. He will dip his hands at high speed into several pockets before pulling out a small pistol and aiming it at Martyn.

If he can't escape, he will struggle as much as he can.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Frozen Hermitage

Marty reappears in the Frozen fortress with a doctor in his grasp. Oh no, he's escaped! There's no way out of the Hermitage. And Marty is not amused by Haralds actions. Harald ought find himself suddenly grappled from behind by Marty's shadow, and Marty will attempt to telepathically disarm the doctor. If this succeeds, He'll push the doctor into the rocking chair, and Marty's demonic shadow will attempt to grasp the man and hold him tight to the chair. Next, Marty casts spells of frost, to ice the Doctors feet to the frozen floorboards. No escape. Knowing that The Doctor would be already uncomfortable at the below freezing temperature, he casts a spellof warmth, to keep him comfortable. I am Martyn.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-05-11 at 02:49 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Frozen Hermitage

Marty reappears in the Frozen fortress with a doctor in his grasp. He'll push the doctor into the rocking chair, and Marty's demonic shadow will attempt to grasp the man and hold him tight to the chair. Next, Marty casts spells of frost, to ice the Doctors feet to the frozen floorboards. No escape. Knowing that The Doctor would be already uncomfortable at the below freezing temperature, he casts a spellof warmth, to keep him comfortable. Next his shadow will search him, emptying his pockets. I am Martyn.
    The shadow will find many more things than should fit in the labcoat pockets. Close examination will find strange gemstones and metals stitched into the linings, powered from a tiny unit in the collar. The devices are strange, covered in buttons, switches and screens.

The Doctor struggles, but is held fast.

"What do you want from me?!"

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The shadow will find many more things than should fit in the labcoat pockets. Close examination will find strange gemstones and metals stitched into the linings, powered from a tiny unit in the collar. The devices are strange, covered in buttons, switches and screens.

The Doctor struggles, but is held fast.

"What do you want from me?!"
    Good. He didn't try something stupid. Well, the shadow will attempt to take every item out and pile them on the table, in a nice little stack. It admires the labcoat for a minute. Marty moves close to the doctor. I am Rage as well, I am his host and partner. I require your work, your weapons, your power. And I will let you live, understand?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good. He didn't try something stupid. Well, the shadow will attempt to take every item out and pile them on the table, in a nice little stack. It admires the labcoat for a minute. Marty moves close to the doctor. I am Rage as well, I am his host and partner. I require your work, your weapons, your power. And I will let you live, understand?
    The Doctor pales.

"That demon... I thought I had seen the last of him."

He sighs.

"It seems I have no choice. Take me to my lab, and I will do what you ask."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

The Doctor pales.

"That demon... I thought I had seen the last of him."

He sighs.

"It seems I have no choice. Take me to my lab, and I will do what you ask."
    Marty moves close to the Doctor, admiring his lab coat. What does that do? Your coat. Take you to your lab, and let your creations attack me? Hah. You have no choice Doctor. But I will go, and if anything of yours attacks me, I will make you feel true pain. he reaches into Harald's mind, attempting to find coordinates. If he does, he'll teleport there, The Doctor free of his icy shackles, but with the strong shadow keeping his arms behind his back.