New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XV: The Weasel, the Spark, and the Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Yes, Agatha, hunters. That's why you should have sent the Jagers out to see what was happening with Violetta earlier, because obviously Gil's forces would be hunting her.
    The very first thing she said after being scooped up by a Jager was that she wanted them to get her friends, and they said they were on it. So I don't think you can accuse her of not sending anyone after them.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    Ah, but unless the Jagers had been watching when Vi took off on Mecha-deer to try to draw the clanks away from Agatha, they might have assumed Seffie and Krosp were it. If I were Agatha that would have been something I would have wanted completely sorted out and clear, that there was a Smoke Knight and an idiot (as well as one of my robot creations) running around out there, and I wanted them all back. Now admittedly Agatha's been being hit with a variety of shocks and unexpected developments since the Jagers showed up; but good Overlords know to take care of little details that have considerable importance...

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

but good Overlords know to take care of little details that have considerable importance...
    Even if you have to leave yourself notes to do so.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Comic's up
    Show
    Farewell Mecha-deer, not sure if you'll be missed next week.

Bohrlaikha certainly is well made to pull stunts like that.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

5. - Top - End - #995

Well Agatha is going to need to go on the run soon.

Gil should recognize Martellus and Violetta and realize that if they got out of the Time Bubble Agatha could have as well. But even if whatever is messing with his head has caused him to forget what they looked like the deerbot and Martellus' hand should have Agatha's Spark Signature all over them and the lack of wear and tear on their components should tell him that they're brand new.

Gil is too good not to suspect that the Jaeger's have a base somewhere in the valley and he's going to start tearing the countryside apart looking for her.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That was a bit risky: Bohrlaikha would have had no knowledge of how fast Violetta could move. If she hadn't ducked...

Of course Gil might have just reanimated her head; but still, if Vi was the only one who knew where Agatha was, and it took a while to bring her back, the delay might have been disastrous. Bohrlaikha might have been better served grabbing Mecha-deer and shaking the humans off. She may not be a very subtle clank.

Out, out, brief Mecha-deer. Maybe Agatha will put you back together some day.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Alas, poor mecha-deer; you were a thing of beauty and grace.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    That was a bit risky: Bohrlaikha would have had no knowledge of how fast Violetta could move. If she hadn't ducked...

Of course Gil might have just reanimated her head; but still, if Vi was the only one who knew where Agatha was, and it took a while to bring her back, the delay might have been disastrous. Bohrlaikha might have been better served grabbing Mecha-deer and shaking the humans off. She may not be a very subtle clank.

Out, out, brief Mecha-deer. Maybe Agatha will put you back together some day.
    Gil brought Dupree with him. I am pretty sure he was prepared to resurrect witnesses should he require to.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Gil brought Dupree with him. I am pretty sure he was prepared to resurrect witnesses should he require to.
    People keep saying that, but the only evidence appears to be a woman with long dark hair who was sat next to Gil on the flying beast--the image was far too small to be sure it was Dupree, IMHO.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    People keep saying that, but the only evidence appears to be a woman with long dark hair who was sat next to Gil on the flying beast--the image was far too small to be sure it was Dupree, IMHO.
    A woman with long dark hair, white jacket and red jumper. It's Bang.
    Truth resists simplicity.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    Well Agatha is going to need to go on the run soon.

Gil should recognize Martellus and Violetta and realize that if they got out of the Time Bubble Agatha could have as well.
    Gil already KNOWS Agatha made it out of the time bubble. She identified herself to one of his clanks and it alerted him. That's why Gil is out here. He is looking for Agatha.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Gil already KNOWS Agatha made it out of the time bubble. She identified herself to one of his clanks and it alerted him. That's why Gil is out here. He is looking for Agatha.
    He knows someone is claiming to be his obsessionAgatha, which is who he's hunting.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    A woman with long dark hair, white jacket and red jumper. It's Bang.
    Or a Bang analog. Dupree may still be in a coma, if she ever really was, and Gil might have constructed a robot duplicate to assuage his guilt over giving her Tarvek's potion. It's a long shot, but still...

Pray God it's not 'Anevak' made up to look like Bang.

Also, even if it is Bang, we don't know what she's like now. When last seen Bangladesh was both furious and in a lot of pain and confusion. We'll have to see if Tarvek's anti-Wasp serum caused any mental changes or if she's the same murderous maniac we all know and love.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Halfling in the Playground

I agree that that's a long shot.... I don't really see Gil building a Bang replacement -- or the Foglios introducing one -- nor do I think it's likely Tarvek's concoction left her in a coma for two and a half years in the first place. I'm not even sure I believe she was "poisoned" by it in the first place -- Klaus at that point was not a very trustworthy source, though he may have been keeping the outright lies to a minimum for plausibility's sake. Anyway, she's got unfinished business with Zeetha, wherever she's gotten to.

There are enough visually distinctive cues, however shrunk down, to identify Bang, and I don't think the Foglios are being tricky on that particular point. And I have no idea why you'd expect a personality change. *g*
    Last edited by Persephone_Kore; 2013-11-07 at 01:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Also we know from the time window that Agatha seems to know Bang.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone_Kore View Post
    I agree that that's a long shot.... I don't really see Gil building a Bang replacement -- or the Foglios introducing one -- nor do I think it's likely Tarvek's concoction left her in a coma for two and a half years in the first place. I'm not even sure I believe she was "poisoned" by it in the first place -- Klaus at that point was not a very trustworthy source, though he may have been keeping the outright lies to a minimum for plausibility's sake. Anyway, she's got unfinished business with Zeetha, wherever she's gotten to.

There are enough visually distinctive cues, however shrunk down, to identify Bang, and I don't think the Foglios are being tricky on that particular point. And I have no idea why you'd expect a personality change. *g*
    First, because we don't know how Tarvek's potion works. Once Gil started reading the fine print he was really impressed by the underlying premise, but before he could explain what was happening, Bang clocked him. If you're going to change a brain chemically to the point a Wasp can't infect it with Lu's control virus, there might well be more side effects than just the world's worst migraine.

Second, precisely because of that unfinished business. Bang and Zeetha are on a collision course; once the story about Zeetha destroying the pirate base reaches Bang's ears, one of them is going to die. Unless something changes Bang, first. Or Otilia kills her for killing Zulenna; either will work. Tarvek's potion provides an easy way to mute Bang's homicidal mania to the point maybe she and Zeetha can co-exist.

Third, consider the situation. Gil is rushing to Agatha's side. Would he take along a known loose cannon who doesn't always follow his orders and tends to shoot several hundred times first and not bother asking questions later? Perhaps not, unless said loose cannon had changed enough so she wouldn't be an unpredictable threat to Agatha.

(ponder, ponder)

Unless he NEEDS a killer like Bang. If circumstances and the mind control he's been put under by Klaus have mutated over the past 2.5 years to the point he's concluded Agatha has to die, I doubt he could do it. But Bang?

Maybe he's bringing his own Lord High Executioner to deal with Agatha.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

First, because we don't know how Tarvek's potion works. Once Gil started reading the fine print he was really impressed by the underlying premise, but before he could explain what was happening, Bang clocked him. If you're going to change a brain chemically to the point a Wasp can't infect it with Lu's control virus, there might well be more side effects than just the world's worst migraine.

Second, precisely because of that unfinished business. Bang and Zeetha are on a collision course; once the story about Zeetha destroying the pirate base reaches Bang's ears, one of them is going to die. Unless something changes Bang, first. Or Otilia kills her for killing Zulenna; either will work. Tarvek's potion provides an easy way to mute Bang's homicidal mania to the point maybe she and Zeetha can co-exist.

Third, consider the situation. Gil is rushing to Agatha's side. Would he take along a known loose cannon who doesn't always follow his orders and tends to shoot several hundred times first and not bother asking questions later? Perhaps not, unless said loose cannon had changed enough so she wouldn't be an unpredictable threat to Agatha.

(ponder, ponder)

Unless he NEEDS a killer like Bang. If circumstances and the mind control he's been put under by Klaus have mutated over the past 2.5 years to the point he's concluded Agatha has to die, I doubt he could do it. But Bang?

Maybe he's bringing his own Lord High Executioner to deal with Agatha.
    Which then requires Agatha capturing Gil and applying a third form of mind control, leading to the Gil we saw in the time portals.

Don't be stupid.

18. - Top - End - #1008

I don't think the Foglios would have Tarvek and Gil accidentally pretty much rewrite Bang so she's not the same character anymore, in order to take the edge off the conflict between her and Zeetha.

I also really don't think Agatha is going to be introducing mind control on anybody. Though it might conceivably turn out that whatever was already done to Gil makes him vulnerable to her influence, especially if the Foglios think that particular romance doesn't already have enough problems.

19. - Top - End - #1009

Otilia
    Where is Otilia, anyway?

I forget where she ended up.

20. - Top - End - #1010

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    Where is Otilia, anyway?

I forget where she ended up.
    Probably still in Mechanicsburg. We haven't seen her in a while.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

First, it has been stated that Bang always did what Klaus told her. I get the feeling that she was to the Baron what Castle Heterodyne was to Agatha. Loyal but you need to be careful with how you phrase your orders (and "don't clear Agatha" is pretty straightforward). Second, as has been mentioned, Borhlaika (sp?) almost decapitated Violetta so I would not be entirely certain that Gil would not bring a dangerous element here.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I wonder WHY Violleta is scared of Gil. I can't imagine any reason why she should be

Also I didn't recognize Gil being that pale when we saw him
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

23. - Top - End - #1013

Now that felt good

Gil could probably help Agatha with her weasel problem, assuming he's unwasped. I'm not convinced that the Baron was being truthful about that.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Bugbear in the Playground

Heh, heh.

- *chewing scenery* WHERE IS AGATHA? WHERE ARE THE OTHERS?!?!?!
    - Why are you afreaid of me, Violetta?

Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Oops. Looks like Gil went into the Madness Place and never came out again...

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Well, I suppose I can stomach Tweedle surviving if only to see him get beat up some more.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

27. - Top - End - #1017

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    - Why are you afreaid of me, Violetta?
    Not only that. Its

"Be ready to chop of his head and pack it with snow.....Why are you afraid of me?"

I think factotum's got the right of it. Gil's spent way too long in the madness place.

28. - Top - End - #1018

I like new Gil!
    solo tú sabes bien quien soy y por eso es tuyo mi corazón
    AKA Yakkul

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

"Why are you afraid of me, Violetta?"

"You just BEAT MARCELLUS TO A BLOODY PULP - which was actually a pretty good move - and put a death sentence on his head, apparently without even noticing; you LOOK demented; and you're ACTING like the crazed villain from a Heterodyne play. Not to mention your robot girlfriend almost cut off my head! GOSH, I'VE GOT NO IDEA WHY I MIGHT BE AFRAID!!!!"

This might go very very badly...

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone_Kore View Post
    Probably still in Mechanicsburg. We haven't seen her in a while.
    There were a BUNCH of characters who disappeared before Klaus set them up, the bomb. Otilia, Oublenmach, Theo and Sleiphnir, Othar, Moloch, Sanaa and Snaug... Agatha may encounter some more of her retainers and friends in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    First, it has been stated that Bang always did what Klaus told her. I get the feeling that she was to the Baron what Castle Heterodyne was to Agatha. Loyal but you need to be careful with how you phrase your orders (and "don't clear Agatha" is pretty straightforward). Second, as has been mentioned, Borhlaika (sp?) almost decapitated Violetta so I would not be entirely certain that Gil would not bring a dangerous element here.
    What KLAUS told her. Gil isn't Klaus.

And of COURSE Gil would bring dangerous elements with him; it's a dangerous place! But I doubt Bohrlaikha would be dangerous enough to deal with Agatha; she's got a history of trashing Wulfenbach clanks. Bang, on the other hand, if she cheats - and she would - might be an unpredictable enough threat to get through Agatha's defenses. Once. And once is all Bang would need...

30. - Top - End - #1020

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I wonder WHY Violleta is scared of Gil. I can't imagine any reason why she should be

Also I didn't recognize Gil being that pale when we saw him

Hmmm. Looking here, he does look pale. It's a little harder to tell with him in shadow like that, but it looks about the same to me.
    Games I'm in:

Spoiler
    Show
    Askaretha's Ascension as Vaishirth