New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Attack on Titan / Shingeki No Kyojin

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well official stuff uses both depending on who's doing what where. For example this figure and this figure. I'd link you to crunchyroll for manga translation but the freely availible chapter doesn't say Eren's full name.

This seems to be an actually ambiguous case... unlike Levi. Which is only and always Levi and anyone that says otherwise completely wrong.
    Ah, I didn't check for toys... I have to say... I'm a bit pissed they can't agree on a spelling. I don't particularly care which spelling but it would be nice for them to pick one.

God, that Levi business was about as bad as the Light/Raito business back in Death Note from what I heard... Do people really have to make huge arguments out of such small things? Oh wait, it's the internet, my bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    No one in the states ever says the full word. It's Jagermeister on the bottle, but everyone here, including the bars and advertisements call it Jager.
    Every image of the bottle I can find has Jägermeister on the label, including US advertising... Don't get me wrong, I don't care if you spell it Jagermeister, I was just confused whether they'd make different labels for that purpose
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Banned

The bottle has the full word. It's just that no one here actually calls it that.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Quick Question. Does Attack On Titan's Manga Writer have a documented history of being a pathological Liar?

I have a reason for asking that I'll explain as soon as I get an answer.
    "I Burn!"

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Quick Question. Does Attack On Titan's Manga Writer have a documented history of being a pathological Liar?

Dunno. He could be a troll, or just a really weird person. Especially if everything he said in a translated interview I read was accurate.

Where do you get your ideas for stories?

ISA: This doesn't have to do with creating stories, but when I'm half-awake, like just before I drift off to sleep, my mind gets flooded with information I've seen or heard subconsciously. I call it Super Enlightenment Time.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

5. - Top - End - #1055

Nope!
    Just a bit trollish. For example Marco's Birthday is on the 182nd day of the year. Marco is the dude who got nommed in half kinda and people make jokes bout it to ease the pain of his death cuz he was a good character.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

So I'm to understand when the guy who told me that he was in fact a compulsive liar made that statement to try and sell what a wonderfully brilliantly crafted piece of work this show was to me and convince me I should not hate it at all, he was, in fact, lying through his teeth to me? Great, thanks, that's all I needed to hear. =)

It's weird, he's the 5th person to tell me things that were outright false related to this series since it got popular in an effort to get me on board with it, and the 2nd form this web site.
    "I Burn!"

7. - Top - End - #1057

So I'm to understand when the guy who told me that he was in fact a compulsive liar made that statement to try and sell what a wonderfully brilliantly crafted piece of work this show was to me and convince me I should not hate it at all, he was, in fact, lying through his teeth to me? Great, thanks, that's all I needed to hear. =)

It's weird, he's the 5th person to tell me things that were outright false related to this series since it got popular in an effort to get me on board with it, and the 2nd form this web site.
    If you're not pleased with AoT, there's plenty of stuff out there. Though I can understand how people going on and on about something you're not too keen on can get old. Re: Twilight/Justin Bieber.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Still? You're still doing this? Really?

There's venting and questioning, and then there's just trying to **** on other people's parades. If you have such a pathological hatred of it, stop doing whatever gets you so immersed in 24/7 coverage. It's possible, the only time I hear about the series is when this thread reminds me there's a new chapter out.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidgetySquirrel View Post
    ...if this keeps up for much longer, half of the playground will have Orcus-themed sigs, which is probably how Orcus can appear in so many places to begin with. NOOOO! STOP SIGGING ORCU- *killed by Orcus*
    My Steam profile!

9. - Top - End - #1059

Speaking of which, new chapter just came out but no translations yet I think.
    Here's the beautiful page 6. No spoilers unless you can read Japanese I think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Uh-oh that doesn't look good....

Spoiler
    Show
    ...they all much too happy.

Levi of course looks boss as always.

11. - Top - End - #1061

I think we can all agree Connie is just majestic there.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #1062

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I think we can all agree Connie is just majestic there.
    That spoilered picture makes me feel like singing "Eye of the Tiger".

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nilehus View Post
    Still? You're still doing this? Really?

There's venting and questioning, and then there's just trying to **** on other people's parades. If you have such a pathological hatred of it, stop doing whatever gets you so immersed in 24/7 coverage. It's possible, the only time I hear about the series is when this thread reminds me there's a new chapter out.
    So, stop going to the RWBY dedicated thread? Sure, ok, stopped going to anything animation related on face book not so long ago (and I still see adds for it form time to time BTW.), so yeah, I suppose it's just time I dropped animation as I think I care about all together.
    "I Burn!"

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

If you have to, and your hatred of AoT even being mentioned outweighs your appreciation of all other animation, it's apparently the only option you have. Going somewhere you know AoT will be discussed =/= sufficient reason to go into a thread dedicated to it to insult it and people that enjoy it.

Also: Everyone in that picture is far too happy, and Connie looks far too majestic. Cue Connie losing a leg in three, two...
    Quote Originally Posted by FidgetySquirrel View Post
    ...if this keeps up for much longer, half of the playground will have Orcus-themed sigs, which is probably how Orcus can appear in so many places to begin with. NOOOO! STOP SIGGING ORCU- *killed by Orcus*
    My Steam profile!

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Banned

If you have to, and your hatred of AoT even being mentioned outweighs your appreciation of all other animation, it's apparently the only option you have. Going somewhere you know AoT will be discussed =/= sufficient reason to go into a thread dedicated to it to insult it and people that enjoy it.

Also: Everyone in that picture is far too happy, and Connie looks far too majestic. Cue Connie losing a leg in three, two...
    I like the series as a whole, but I'm perfectly willing to have a conversation with someone who doesn't. I don't understand this mentality of people who only ever want to talk to others when they agree with everything you say. Conversations are extremely boring if you refuse to ever engage anyone who has a different viewpoint.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I like the series as a whole, but I'm perfectly willing to have a conversation with someone who doesn't. I don't understand this mentality of people who only ever want to talk to others when they agree with everything you say. Conversations are extremely boring if you refuse to ever engage anyone who has a different viewpoint.
    Except on the internet nobody can admit they are wrong and most of the content by volume of their discussion/"criticisms" trend towards the nitpicky things they've ignored a thousand times in other shows but because they need rationale other then "I don't like it" to unnecessarily justify their distaste to others it doesn't go anywhere. That which isn't nitpicky tends to set the impossible standard of rewriting the entire show as the objector's personal fanfic, regardless of if the result is anything like the show exists. Since a half-formed dream doesn't have the burden of existing it is of course a flawless perfect work, not the boring mess writing to "avoid cliches" will probably create.

In any case the objector will not admit they are wrong (go on tell me all the times you've seen it, is it 10%?), plus even if backed into a philosophical corner they can just reach out for new justifications, and have no time limit but their own patience with the debate. Supposing otherwise is either deliberrately disingenuous or espousing a rather amusing naivete that makes me want to get out the Wonka pics.

Actual criticism tends to be short and subjective. Good ones for AoT include pacing or it being too oppresive and heavy handed with that War is Hell thing. Find X, Y, or Z character "flat" and uninteresting. Maybe you just don't like the art style. Your completely correct as far as your own experience may be concerned but there's nowhere to go argumentatively because its a general impression thing, the details are meaningless and the gist of it is well strictly for you.

So basically either disagreement is short and doesn't go anywhere... or long walls of text and full of snark and veiled insults to avoid mod attention and doesn't go anywhere.

Since it doesn't go anywhere telling people to move along and not come into the thread is simply skipping to the likely destination while not bothering those less willing than me to engage in fiery debate with the internet equivalent of a shouting match in a coffee house.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Banned

So? It's a discussion. You don't have to "win". Just because you don't convince people to come around to your viewpoint doesn't make the discussion itself pointless. Also, just because you personally feel you've made a compelling argument and "proven" the other person wrong, it still doesn't mean other people will agree with you. When discussing matters of opinion or subjective material the level of proof needed to make a point varies from person to person.

There are certainly people on this site that I won't engage in an argument with because I think they can be too stubborn, and even a very few people I have on ignore. That doesn't mean I'm going to go into a thread and tell them they can't discuss things with other people. I simply ignore their posts and move on with other parts of the discussion that I personally enjoy. It takes less than a second to scroll past a post you don't want to read.

If someone is intentionally trolling or being disruptive I can understand wanting them to leave, but as long as they're being genuine and offering their actual opinion I'm fine with talking to them, even if I disagree.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2014-09-08 at 01:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

Initially, I didn't. I came here and asked a question. And then expressed displeasure at a 3rd party when the answer to that question confirmed that said third party was stating falsehoods to me as absolute facts in an effort to, for lack of a better term or idea of what he might have hoped to gain by doing so, "Win".

Combined with the fact that I was taking time to give him though out responses that he was hell bent on dismissing when ever they didn't suit his point, refused to check any examples of points I offered up and wanted to whine that I wasn't just taking everything he said as coming form on high that I was "Too Dismissive of all his arguments.". You know, including the one that turned out to be spreading me a false hood as a fact in the hopes of kicking part of my point out form under me. He was particularly aggravated when I pointed out that I came to you guys and got a "No" to my question, and argued that I should not take that seriously either, since not enough people posted with a straight "No", and thus it didn't count and I should just listen to him and not take word of god on Titan seriously cause "Gods a Loony". He also offered as a point that the fundamental core value of the show is "Humans Suck and will be there own destruction as soon as there faced with adversity.", if that was also true and not another thing out of thin air, might force me to reconsider it in an even less favorable light then I had been prior to coming across that detail.

And, just pointing out that for as much as I loath AoT, I've made it a number of concessions and had individual points I've forgiven it, and even pointed at a few things in it and said "I'd like to see more of this, just with out all this other baggage attached too it.".
    "I Burn!"

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ettin in the Playground

So anyone explained what is happening to Chapter 61 (mine's in japanese)?
    Spoiler: Spoiler from manga
    Show
    At least the army staged a coup on gum'mit and the girl is going to be a legitimate (rather un-bastardized) ruler to appease the nobles.

It's kinda weird to see the king in pajamas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Every image of the bottle I can find has Jägermeister on the label, including US advertising... Don't get me wrong, I don't care if you spell it Jagermeister, I was just confused whether they'd make different labels for that purpose
    I think they don't have with "a" with dot above in computers. Or too lazy to put one.
    Last edited by t209; 2014-09-08 at 02:44 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Chapter 61

Erwin you magnificent bastard....

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Banned

Spoiler: Chapter Spoilers
    Show
    It's nice to finally see some rays of hope. Even if we know they probably won't last long.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So, I'm not going to say this was a bad plan but... the monarchy is full of idiots of they didn't assume such a conveniently timed attack was a ruse. Erwin couldn't have made it more obvious and they fell for it like idiots.
    And to some extent, I'll even have to agree with the royals... letting everyone run into the central district only for them to starve because there's not enough food would have also been terrible.

But obviously, I'm glad this worked out and they apparently got their revolution with hardly any negative repercussions. Good thing they also managed to convince the press to join them or... well, we can't say for sure what would have happened. Oh, there is of course still the danger of a civil war because it's not like everyone will suddenly agree to a military coup even if they claim the "monarchs were evil" but I guess it won't happen because this would just make things complicated.
    Also, I still can't get over how the art still seeming worse than when the story started. But maybe that's just me.

Overall, I still liked the chapter but it seems to me the artist for the sake of the story is making things way too easy for Erwin. We'll see how it goes on.

Also, Before the Fall chapter(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

Somehow that titan looks like Reiner to me... probably just the art. I guess it really is hard to fight them without 3DMG. I'm still not entirely sure what the point of the manga is, though.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So, I'm not going to say this was a bad plan but... the monarchy is full of idiots of they didn't assume such a conveniently timed attack was a ruse. Erwin couldn't have made it more obvious and they fell for it like idiots.
    And to some extent, I'll even have to agree with the royals... letting everyone run into the central district only for them to starve because there's not enough food would have also been terrible.

But obviously, I'm glad this worked out and they apparently got their revolution with hardly any negative repercussions. Good thing they also managed to convince the press to join them or... well, we can't say for sure what would have happened. Oh, there is of course still the danger of a civil war because it's not like everyone will suddenly agree to a military coup even if they claim the "monarchs were evil" but I guess it won't happen because this would just make things complicated.
    Also, I still can't get over how the art still seeming worse than when the story started. But maybe that's just me.

Overall, I still liked the chapter but it seems to me the artist for the sake of the story is making things way too easy for Erwin. We'll see how it goes on.

Also, Before the Fall chapter(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

Somehow that titan looks like Reiner to me... probably just the art. I guess it really is hard to fight them without 3DMG. I'm still not entirely sure what the point of the manga is, though.
    The point of Before The Fall will be made clear in the future. As of right now, on the surface, it's just telling us "how the 3DMG was created/rediscovered. But I can bet my life on the fact that a lot more is going to be revealed. The Titan Child is our protagonist for a reason (I think it's been awhile since I read this).

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

I wouldn't necessarily count on any gaiden stuff having big revelations, though its possible Isayama gave the author's some inside information its highly possible he didn't. No Regrets doesn't mention a certain currently important person for example, though its a reasonably told tale.

I've only skimmed Before the Fall after deciding I didn't like the arc. I did notice interestingly that if I'm not mistaken both show us beyond Shinganshina... but No Regrets depicts the countryside we see everywhere and Before the Fall makes it look like rather like the American southwest.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Well we have 70 years between Before the Fall and Aot Main Story, and No Regrets probably happened... 10 years earlier at most maybe, so it's not too hard to imagine in 60 years plant life took over, so to speak.
    It could also be that titans be trampling on all the grass so no grass grows, but then 3dmg comes along and people can slay titans so not as much titans trampling grass.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

We know there wasn't all that much Titan killing. And their non-environmentally damaging thing seems to be a significant factoid, the area between Maria and Rose is not appreciably degraded beyond maintaining a footpath through those Redwoods as actually makes sense

More problematic is the well developed forests (like in Chapter 1 of the main story too) and the lack of those impressive desert mesa bluffs. That sort of thing just doesn't happen without proper conditions. So fairly likely somebody is well, wrong. Doesn't matter terribly because unless we get main story ties or direct confirmation I can't call either gaiden canonical, but No Regrets conforms with the few looks we got beyond the Wall in the main story but is a little more extended.

I think it interesting because (when overthinking it) the mistake may be that Before the Fall locates the Walls too far south and west so it really is the American Southwest confirming an American Great Plains (probably bisecting the US/Canada border) location for the Walls. Although I can't state there aren't comparable places in at southern end of the alternative Eurasian steppe, they aren't terribly well known and most photos have a more rolling terrain.

Major overthinking though, with 2000 years to work with there's no particular reason for the Walls to be anywhere it is amusing to think of where you could fit a rough circle of that size and have a temperate climate without an ocean getting in the way or a mountain range consuming all your land.

Not that serious terraforming ability is not already a fact of the AoT world as the benevolent resources within the Walls kinda advertises. Not to mention that early 'space shot' of the whole territory showing a serious lone mountain (very odd) in the center of Sheena and the suspiciously well made drainage system. So given that the Walls are actually a giant petri dish shape and all...

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't read the thread cause I haven't finished watching the series, but I have a quick question are there only 25 episodes? I was lead to believe it was quite longer than that.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, it's 25 or 26, a normal anime season length. The manga has about 2-3 seasons' worth of material out so far, though. Not sure if a season two has been confirmed yet.
    Jude P.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

I definitely may have been spoiled by the long runners then, thanks.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

There's another 3 episode length OVAs. 1 is based off a manga chapter that became an episode, one is general silliness and I haven't watched the 3rd yet. I'll probably do it this afternoon.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.