New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Attack on Titan / Shingeki No Kyojin

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Jean Vs. Sasha in a Cooking Competition (it's as absurd as you think).
    It takes all the best stuff from the Omake pages. It is the best thing.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

I have yet to watch the show,all i have atm is the first manga of it

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Not yet. There's one on Ilse's Journal, and another on Jean Vs. Sasha in a Cooking Competition (it's as absurd as you think).
    Heh, that WAS pretty entertaining and even somewhat cool. Man, I feel like I need to watch Yakitate again now... or maybe some other food related over the top anime.. Curious teams, though, with Annie and Reiner being supportive chefs. I would have hopes for a bit more insight into Jean's past, though but maybe I'm just taking it too serious.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground

This just in:

Spoiler
    Show
    Levi is so OP, and Rod Reiss is... loving to Historia?!
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

5. - Top - End - #935

Anyone here find volume 13 in English in stores?

Also, chapter 49-50.
    HOLY. ****.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #936
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Saw this anime on Netflix a few days ago, remembered hearing how amazing it was last year. Gave it a shot. Learned something extremely important.

If you have an intense fear of being eaten, a show about giant walking uncanny valley monsters that eat people is not a good idea.

Amazing show, though. Angsting is heavy, but being a 15 year old child soldier in that kind of world... They get to do some angsting.

Plus, how hilarious Levi is makes up for all that.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

So, new chapter, ey?

Spoiler: Blazzing Saddles
    Show

Guns don't kill people, Levi does. Well, mostly.
    Uh, when were we told firearms are common-ish items in the setting? Like, bar owners have shotguns?!
    Also, it feels kind of weird how the thing suddenly looked like a Wild West story instead of a medieval one... maybe it's just the guns but the bar just felt too much like a saloon, with Ackermann's dress up. Also, it's a good thing Levi is so OP/the goons are so useless. What pistol has a reach of less than... what, 20 meters? Don't wait, shoot!
    Also, Jean suddenly has a gun. But not the guts to use it. And gets killed for it. (Hah, as if. I don't believe you a second..)
    And Historia's dad is... nice? I guess we needed a twist ending, because that's how SnK does things.
    "What's done is done."

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Question with a rant following it. The latter you probably won't care for if your in this thread so feel free to skip.
    Show
    Is Toonami gonna be doing a thing were every show has at least one add for the next episode of Attack On Titan for very long?

I REALLY freaking hope not. It annoyed me enough that they put it on the block and as a result I had to watch adds for it but I though I'd been fortunate when they didn't put anything I actually cared about on right before or right after it so that I could just see a name on the total nights line up once in a blue moon but otherwise not be bothered with it. Then last Saturday I sat down to watch other shows, and THERE WERE THE ADDS FOR NEXT EP OF ATTACK ON TITAN LIKE I SHOULD ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN!!!!

It's bad enough that every other time I get on Deviant Art I see an add for it and more often or not fan art or cosplay's of it are on the front page for me no matter how I filter just about, and every time I get on facebook someone has an add for something tieing into it or has a meme of it. Now I have to watch clips and get plot highlights about it when I just wanna support a thing that Stuart Snyder did his damnedest to kill by watching One Piece and Blue Exorcist (Right now there the only shows that have the right combo of I can justify staying up that late to watch them and I care to do so cause there no re-runs or shows I'm explicitly waiting for an offical finally on so that I can skip all the filler.), and I have to see more about Attack on Titan!
    "I Burn!"

9. - Top - End - #939

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Spoiler: Question with a rant following it. The latter you probably won't care for if your in this thread so feel free to skip.
    Show
    Is Toonami gonna be doing a thing were every show has at least one add for the next episode of Attack On Titan for very long?

I REALLY freaking hope not. It annoyed me enough that they put it on the block and as a result I had to watch adds for it but I though I'd been fortunate when they didn't put anything I actually cared about on right before or right after it so that I could just see a name on the total nights line up once in a blue moon but otherwise not be bothered with it. Then last Saturday I sat down to watch other shows, and THERE WERE THE ADDS FOR NEXT EP OF ATTACK ON TITAN LIKE I SHOULD ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN!!!!

It's bad enough that every other time I get on Deviant Art I see an add for it and more often or not fan art or cosplay's of it are on the front page for me no matter how I filter just about, and every time I get on facebook someone has an add for something tieing into it or has a meme of it. Now I have to watch clips and get plot highlights about it when I just wanna support a thing that Stuart Snyder did his damnedest to kill by watching One Piece and Blue Exorcist (Right now there the only shows that have the right combo of I can justify staying up that late to watch them and I care to do so cause there no re-runs or shows I'm explicitly waiting for an offical finally on so that I can skip all the filler.), and I have to see more about Attack on Titan!
    Well, it'd make sense, as it is pretty much the most OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH IT'S AWESOME show since... what, Death Note? So of course, they're going all "Hey guys, we got Attack on Titan Dub!
    It may also be mainly cuz of Google Ad Relevance that it's happening to you.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

*Headdesk, with contentious repetition.* ...so help me if the playground starts advertising that show here......
    "I Burn!"

11. - Top - End - #941

*Headdesk, with contentious repetition.* ...so help me if the playground starts advertising that show here......
    ...You probably jinxed it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

I somehow doubt they'd be convinced advertising hear would reach enought of the right audiance. Just a hunch.
    "I Burn!"

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Is it just me or has interest in this show really shrunk since the anime stopped airing?
    I heard Toonami(?) picked it up, state side. Not that I'm particularly interested in watching a dub, but can anyone comment how well/bad it is?
    Last edited by Kato; 2014-06-14 at 03:57 PM.
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #944
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Is it just me or has interest in this show really shrunk since the anime stopped airing?
    I heard Toonami(?) picked it up, state side. Not that I'm particularly interested in watching a dub, but can anyone comment how well/bad it is?
    Interest has shrunk a little. But to be fair it's also a MONTHLY series. That's just kind of par for the course.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

If interest shrank I've not noticed it. It's on and being advertised all over Toonami and it's STILL freaking all over facebook and deviantart every time I freaking log on, and I STILL have friends who are insistent that this is the magnum-opus of the anime and manga mediums bar nothing.
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #946

Pretty good. Armin, Jean, Sasha, Ymir, and Mikasa have AWESOME voices, though Mikasa's name is incorrectly pronounced as meek a saw, According to the voice previews on YouTube, Levi's voice is great and not quite emotionless which helps give him realisticability, Hanji's is EXCELLENT, and Petra's is great!
    My only complaint is Eren's voice. it's not bad, but not OMGBESTEVER.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #947

Interest online certainly isn't slowing down any. All the advertising deals and upcoming movies (live action and animated) also seem to be positioned to re-bring the hype. And by the end of the OVA releases, the films, and anything else cobbled together for the $$$ the manga will have advanced enough for a second season to be feasible, so you know that the attention on AoT is going big again then. It's actually pretty easy to ignore, though, if you're not going to fan sites, etc. daily (like yours truly) to see the fandom at work.

The sub-reddit alone is intense with activity, at least when the new chapters come out. Hype train is still rolling strong, in my opinion.

Having seen the first 13 episodes in English dub, I can say without a doubt that 90% of the voices so far are spot-on. But man, Bryce Papenbrook's Eren is just not to my tastes at all, and a few of the red shirt cadets were a little grating.

Episode 13 made up for it though. Literally just as good VA work as the sub for that, and the important lines were read in English almost exactly the way they were translated in the manga/for the sub. Honestly, the thing that's jarring me about the dub isn't Eren's voice, it's the changed lines. I've rewatched this show in subs so many times I can recite the lines of a lot of the scenes almost exactly by memory (I'm a fan, okay, jeez) and so the changes are really distracting. It's probably not an average viewer's problem (although all the people on Reddit complain about it, too) but it's a minor disappointment. The dub's great, though, very enjoyable. The second half is rumored to be slated for a September release, if anyone's interested.

Also, they aren't actually pronouncing Mikasa wrong in the dub. That's how she said her own name in the Japanese version, too. It's just really weird-sounding now because her English VA is white and that's not how any of us say it in conversation. It still isn't how we say it and probably never will be, even though they're trying to push it with the dub. ODM isn't catching on either, so FUNimation's lost this round, as far as I'm concerned.

Though that might change later when the dub becomes more prominent in the West than the sub. So maybe FUNimation's in it for the long haul and I'm just some kind of loser.

I'm convinced that they're pronouncing Reiner and Bertl's names wrong, though, and no one's telling me otherwise. They're not pronouncing the 'R' at the end of Reiner's name at all. And Bertl's name just sounds un-delicious the way they say it, I refuse it. There's just no way I'm accepting it, and I hope it phases out of the dub by the time all the 104th side characters all become relevant. Hopes aren't very high, though. I accept my imminent defeat for the sake of humanity. (Connie's last name sounds weird to me, too, but I'll compromise since they only say it like once, anyway.)

I need to reread the last chapter to collect my thoughts on it. For now:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It really went by so quick, it felt like an action scene that was only a few minutes long. Just, suddenly we're back to Eren-- where we'll probably stay for at least most of the next chapter, so the guessing game on Jean's status as alive or dead continues. He's probably alive, though, looking at that section again. Such a page-turner.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

On the new chapter
    Spoiler: New Manga Chapter spoiler
    Show
    The Military Police's bullets look a bit too big to be used on humans (more like the one used in AA Gun). I know it's cool but can't they just give them revolvers or something more compact but more lethal (Magnum or .45 Cal).
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Interest online certainly isn't slowing down any. All the advertising deals and upcoming movies (live action and animated) also seem to be positioned to re-bring the hype. And by the end of the OVA releases, the films, and anything else cobbled together for the $$$ the manga will have advanced enough for a second season to be feasible, so you know that the attention on AoT is going big again then. It's actually pretty easy to ignore, though, if you're not going to fan sites, etc. daily (like yours truly) to see the fandom at work.
    Yeah, DA, Facebook and this website are NOT dedicated Attack on Titan or even general anime/manga sites, and yet ever damn time I log on...

Yeah, I call on that particular point.
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #950

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    On the new chapter
    Spoiler: New Manga Chapter spoiler
    Show
    The Military Police's bullets look a bit too big to be used on humans (more like the one used in AA Gun). I know it's cool but can't they just give them revolvers or something more compact but more lethal (Magnum or .45 Cal).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually having trouble even piecing together parts of what's happening with some of the fight scenes in this chapter. Apparently Levi blocked a bullet with his sword...? Whatever, I'll ignore it.

More importantly is that revolver technology was specifically and purposefully repressed by the Military Police, which Sanes revealed (at least to the readers, since he didn't outright say it but we got a panel) during his torture. So the have to carry multiple barrels, and the types of bullets they're using being so different can possibly be explained as a "more bang for your buck" type of deal. You know, since they can only fire once before reloading/switching barrels, better make the bullet really big and probably also explosive.

21. - Top - End - #951

Spoiler: "Levi Vs. bullet comment
    Show

He's Levi. That's why he could block it.

Anyways, anyone here play the tribute game?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

AoT did something that no other Manga has done in 5 years.

It outsold One Piece this quarter, so no interest is not slowing, except for me I stopped reading at chapter 47(?)

Spoiler
    Show
    Whenever it was the rebellion was being shown to be a thing

because the plot seemed to be piling up with so many sub plots that were not getting resolved ((Such as the Cabin that supposedly had all the answers in it that had just gotten buried under several other plots and forgotten)) that I just got bored.

23. - Top - End - #953

47's one of the chapters with the Armored and Colossal Titans and Ymir and Eren.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: "Levi Vs. bullet comment
    Show

He's Levi. That's why he could block it.
    Pretty much this... which is not really a good explanation

Spoiler
    Show

It's kind of hard to see but yeah, the guns seem to be one shot only which may explain why they use bullets that are guaranteed to take out a person (by blowing up their face) instead of more common ammo.
    I'm still irritated by the shotgun in the bar..
    "What's done is done."

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty much this... which is not really a good explanation

Spoiler
    Show

It's kind of hard to see but yeah, the guns seem to be one shot only which may explain why they use bullets that are guaranteed to take out a person (by blowing up their face) instead of more common ammo.
    I'm still irritated by the shotgun in the bar..
    Spoiler
    Show

Annie and another MP, possibly Marco have a thing about corrupt Military Police selling weapons to civilians earlier on. They comment on the gun being illegal in this chapter, so I suppose it's a way of linking back to that.
    Last edited by Hazzardevil; 2014-06-15 at 08:41 AM.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

26. - Top - End - #956

Anyways, anyone here play the tribute game?
    Yup. I've been trying to play on the Floor is Lava stage, but it's 2extreme and I've gotten like, 5 kills total. There was one guy who was racking it up, though, so pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Annie and another MP, possibly Marco have a thing about corrupt Military Police selling weapons to civilians earlier on. They comment on the gun being illegal in this chapter, so I suppose it's a way of linking back to that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That was anime-only, though. And it was Marlow, not Marco, though they did have similar names and hair and both wanted to be/were MPs.

I mean, it's not that bothersome for me. Kenny even made a comment on it about being surprised civilians could keep guns, didn't he? SO at least it's referenced by the characters themselves. And it makes sense; we already saw hunters out in the wilds with guns, so it's not much of a stretch to see business owners in the city be armed. Guns have been around, it's just that all the main characters are military and alll the main event happen involving military equipment, so we don't get a good look at civilian life in general with AoT. Whenever we do, it always makes me happy.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2014-06-15 at 01:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

If interest shrank I've not noticed it. It's on and being advertised all over Toonami and it's STILL freaking all over facebook and deviantart every time I freaking log on, and I STILL have friends who are insistent that this is the magnum-opus of the anime and manga mediums bar nothing.
    Huh. This really has that big a following? I just caught up after a few of my friends recommended it. It's pretty good. Not without flaws.

Spoiler: my opinions feel free to skip
    Show
    The main character spent the first 5 episodes being whiny and annoying. I was impressed they had the guts to kill him off, a little disappointed that they brought him back. The girl seems to have only two petsonality traits. And for a show that was described to me as gritty with a high death count, it really isn't. Sure people die, but unimportant people, the main cast is pretty much always safe to continuously deliver their cycle of nihilistic and call to arms inner monologues. Oh, and the whole bait of the female Titan was weird. How did the leader of the scouts know about her to set up the trap. Why didn't they just tell the main guy about the plan and have him there as backup if something went wrong. Also the identity of the female Titan seemed obvious to me, I mean she even kept her hair.

I mean, despite this I enjoyed it and will keep watching, but I don't get it's huge following.

28. - Top - End - #958

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    They didn't know about the Female Titan specifically, but they strongly suspected that some of the Shifters had infiltrated the military. They made sure people knew Eren was going into Titan country, so that hopefully one of them would show themselves. That's why everyone had conflicting information on where Eren was, so that if it was a Survey member, they'd buy a little time to get to the Forest. And if none of them made their move, then it would still be a successful "We can get to Trost" expedition.

And yeah, her secret identity wasn't too well hidden. Armin called her out literally the episode after they got back. Still, not wanting to believe something can make you ignore a lot of evidence.
    Last edited by Nilehus; 2014-06-15 at 04:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Huh. This really has that big a following? I just caught up after a few of my friends recommended it. It's pretty good. Not without flaws.

Spoiler: my opinions feel free to skip
    Show
    The main character spent the first 5 episodes being whiny and annoying. I was impressed they had the guts to kill him off, a little disappointed that they brought him back. The girl seems to have only two petsonality traits. And for a show that was described to me as gritty with a high death count, it really isn't. Sure people die, but unimportant people, the main cast is pretty much always safe to continuously deliver their cycle of nihilistic and call to arms inner monologues. Oh, and the whole bait of the female Titan was weird. How did the leader of the scouts know about her to set up the trap. Why didn't they just tell the main guy about the plan and have him there as backup if something went wrong. Also the identity of the female Titan seemed obvious to me, I mean she even kept her hair.

I mean, despite this I enjoyed it and will keep watching, but I don't get it's huge following.
    Yes, it really does, and it pains me. And incidentally, according to those friends I mentioned, no, it is with out flaws and all the things I point out as being flaws are there to make it better so that it doesn't deteriorate into another Bleach or Naruto.

And yes, it's a forgone conclusion that the main cast will survive right up till the end. Then, either one of them will be left alive to be the last survivor of humanity living out his life knowing he failed. They will ALL die in a spectacularly horrible fashion while with there last thoughts realizing the entire struggle was a pointless waste and they'd have all been better off downing a gallon of the most potent poison they could find ages ago and/or it will be tied into an analogy about how humans really are just helpless cattle and this really is how we treat domestic farm animals so painful you'd think PETA wrote it, or a Deus Ex Machina so stupidly massive it makes every Deus Ex Machina Nickolodians Avatar Franchise has ever pulled all combined into one look insignificant by comparison will be busted out and the humans will somehow win the war and in this chase they will literally pull names and numbers out of hat for which characters are still alive and which of any are maimed in some fashion but alive by the end. I haven't decided which one I want more only because I'm uncertain which one will make the series the absolute hardest to defend after it's happened.
    "I Burn!"

30. - Top - End - #960

SwashbucklerGuy

... Whatever your friends/the internet have done to make you hate the show that much, I apologize. I promise that not everyone watching it is like that.

Good show. Flawed, but good. Best ever? Hell no.

(This is why I'm glad I stay from those parts of the internet. )