New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 53

Quote Originally Posted by NatsuGaki View Post
    HodgePodge Street

Nanami misses the condescension entirely.

"I'm not sure if you could help... But if you'd like to try, look out for strands of silver hair, or perhaps people made from paper."
    HodgePodge Street

"Ok then." he says and gets to it. Unfortunately, he's rather bad at searching, since looking through the crowd he is quickly distracted by the incredibly interesting physiologies of the passing beings. He's not quite gawking, but it's as close as you can get without looking rude.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

Highly amused by the young centaur, Nanami continues looking for whoever she is looking for. However, she is failing in her endeavors.

"If I don't find that child soon..."

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Tsuvara
    Guest in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Not that I know of." Cedric answered. So, Hae was off somewhere... at least she'd be back. He was distracted a bit more by the rocket fairies, eying them dubiously but- Oh, food! He sat up slowly and shifted back so that he could stay sitting up long enough to eat some food.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

HodgePodge Street

Highly amused by the young centaur, Nanami continues looking for whoever she is looking for. However, she is failing in her endeavors.

"If I don't find that child soon..."
    HodgePodge Street

Arty turns from trying to ascertain how a Turian's vocal chords work back to Nanami.
    "Yours? Or just your charge?"

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

"My charge, I suppose. I am more like her mother than her real mother, but I cannot have children." Nanami glances at a sparkle of silver that ends up just being jewelry. "I wish she were mine, though."

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

HodgePodge Street

"You two must have a long history." says Arty, looking a her.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

"I've known her since she was born. Her father is my sister's brother-in-law. Her mother gave her to me to raise, as she is of a rich family and they can hire people to raise their children. Recently, though, her mother tried to arrange a marriage meeting for her. So she ran away." Nanami looks lost in memories for a moment, and then she smiles and continues. "I don't really want to take her back, as I was instructed to. I just want to make sure she is happy."

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

The rocketfairies don't seem to be too worried about Cedirc. One is in the room at all times, and occasionally another one comes in through a hole in the ceiling, the two click at each other, and then one or the other flies back out.

"You are free to go whenever you feel able, sir,"
    The doctor will say. "I'll let you know if someone comes to visit you."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Abandoned Factory

The different magical parts are not connected to different parts of the artifact... but at the same time, there is no magical reinforcement effect. Whatever the durability of the artifact is, it is natural. Also, there is magic specifically keeping the prisoner inside the ring.
    Abandoned Factory

Hence why removing it would probably free the prisoner, otherwise that enchantment would have been put there. "We could simply try to smash it." Cessie says to herself. "But then we might kill whoever was inside. That someone is a shapeshifter of strange origins by the way from my readings. It might be that it won't be able to communicate with us, still, I'd like a peek inside first before I'm getting out of here. I'm gonna try to dispel the fuel of the enchantment first, let's see if it works." She will then attempt to simply destroy that part of the spell instead of trying to unmake the whole enchantment, that should be easier.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abandoned Factory

Easier, yes. But the dispel resistance is strong enough that it will prevent Cessie from dispelling it unless she can come up with some extra magical power.

However, focusing in that way does have potential. Cessie will probably notice that, if she so desires and is strong enough, she might be able to make small changes to the enchantments...

...and, of course, details are often what keep enchantments playing well together.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Tsuvara
    Guest in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Thank you." He told the doctor, though frankly he didn't feel able right now. He glanced up at the fairies. "If you don't mind my asking, what ARE those?"

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Oh... don't mind them. They're some kind of advanced hive-mind steampunk... or maybe cyberpunk? medical things. This place is infested with the things, and that's good because they do a lot of work and react to emergencies well. it took a while to get them used to the way a hospital works, and a severe enough wound or illness can make them react oddly... but they're harmless. Well, as long as you don't try to hurt anything. I've seen them take on an alien from the move Alien, a Xenomorph, Borg, ghosts... they defend us from all the bad things that a Nexus hospital often faces."

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    [Robots R Us]

Teddy shrugs.

"I'm not sure. I'd like to wait for Harald before going anywhere, though. He'll probably have all sorts of technical questions for you, then he'll disappear back to wherever his lab is nowadays, then he'll come back a few hours later with a truckload of stuff to fit to the robot. If we wait for him, we'll be able to stop him completely overhauling it. He's a bit... well, let's say he's the archetypal professor - incredibly brilliant, a razor-sharp mind, but doesn't have a clue that people might not want him modifying stuff. He's also not good socially, so be prepared for awkward moments."
    Pssst.

Hey.

The Irregular told Harald they weren't going to let him poke around the robot. This is a thing that has happened that I think was missed.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Halfling in the Playground

Just Leaving LoHH

Marcus is all healed and bandaged up, still slightly recovering from the shock of their medical advances...
    He spots Krayger and walks up to him, Och, hullo there mah friend, it's good tae see ya th' noo.

I'm gonna be experimenting with his accent a bit, not sure if he's a highlander or not, and he did spend many years as a Roman so that would blunt his accent some either way. Hmm...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

HodgePodge Street

"I've known her since she was born. Her father is my sister's brother-in-law. Her mother gave her to me to raise, as she is of a rich family and they can hire people to raise their children. Recently, though, her mother tried to arrange a marriage meeting for her. So she ran away." Nanami looks lost in memories for a moment, and then she smiles and continues. "I don't really want to take her back, as I was instructed to. I just want to make sure she is happy."
    HodgePodge Street

"That's noble of you. Arranged marriages always lead to trouble, that's why they're a custom most cultures drop after a while. I know I wouldn't let my folks pick a filly for me."
    He shakes his head to emphasize the point.

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Just Leaving LoHH

Marcus is all healed and bandaged up, still slightly recovering from the shock of their medical advances...
    He spots Krayger and walks up to him, Och, hullo there mah friend, it's good tae see ya th' noo.

I'm gonna be experimenting with his accent a bit, not sure if he's a highlander or not, and he did spend many years as a Roman so that would blunt his accent some either way. Hmm...
    Outside in Inside

(You can always do what I do with my Bangaa and make the accent come and go, depending on how much effort I put in his mindset)
    Krayger waves back.
    "Same to you, I think."
    He's not sure what th' noo was suppose to be. Kind of odd how the muzzled one has a clearer accent, huh?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Robots R Us]

Teddy shrugs.

"I don't know. I'll probably tag along with you. I don't have anything else to do."

Harald walks back, scowling. He strides over to his hoverbike, pauses, summons a gold holoscreen and makes a complex gesture. There's a gold flash. He makes a second gesture, then a third closing the screen.

"So, do you have any tech I am allowed to take a look at?"
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-07-24 at 02:42 PM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1067

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Outside in Inside

(You can always do what I do with my Bangaa and make the accent come and go, depending on how much effort I put in his mindset)
    Krayger waves back.
    "Same to you, I think."
    He's not sure what th' noo was suppose to be. Kind of odd how the muzzled one has a clearer accent, huh?
    Outside in Inside

)(I'll just use it when he has emotion spikes between Joy, Rage and Exhaustion)(
    It's good to be back outside. Thank ye kindly, friend. I would've died without your assistance. Well, where to now? I'm completely lost here, though I heard a bit about the Organizations while in the infirmary. I'm thinking about joining Watertower or NO. Maybe HALO, but I'm probably not powerful enough for them.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

"That's noble of you. Arranged marriages always lead to trouble, that's why they're a custom most cultures drop after a while. I know I wouldn't let my folks pick a filly for me."
    He shakes his head to emphasize the point.
    HodgePodge Street

"In families of their status, arranged marriages are thought to be necessary, in order to protect the bloodline. But, I will not have a girl of seventeen marry a man in his fifties." Nanami's voice is stiff with determination. "In fact, I helped her run away in the first place."

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Outside in Inside

)(I'll just use it when he has emotion spikes between Joy, Rage and Exhaustion)(
    It's good to be back outside. Thank ye kindly, friend. I would've died without your assistance. Well, where to now? I'm completely lost here, though I heard a bit about the Organizations while in the infirmary. I'm thinking about joining Watertower or NO. Maybe HALO, but I'm probably not powerful enough for them.
    Outside in Inside (Near Marcus, because otherwise he's lost)

"Mistress, why don't you stop thinking and get your head back to the present?"

Saki had been thinking, and at Flopsy's words he came out of his thought with a start. Noticing Marcus, he seems a little unsettled.

"Oh! You're back. I hadn't realized so much time had passed..."

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

Hodgepodge Street

"One need only to look at dogs and horses with heart and brain problems to know that humans trying to selectively breed never ends well. Power to you."
    He manages to pull off a bit of a noble look despite his young face.

Outside in Inside

"Watchtower, I think you mean. I have a NO license. It isn't very hard to get one, although I'm not sure your fighting style lends itself to freelance mercenary work."
    He gives Saki an acknowledging nod.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Outside in Inside (Near Marcus, because otherwise he's lost)

"Mistress, why don't you stop thinking and get your head back to the present?"

Saki had been thinking, and at Flopsy's words he came out of his thought with a start. Noticing Marcus, he seems a little unsettled.

"Oh! You're back. I hadn't realized so much time had passed..."
    Outside in Inside

"Watchtower, I think you mean. I have a NO license. It isn't very hard to get one, although I'm not sure your fighting style lends itself to freelance mercenary work."
    He gives Saki an acknowledging nod.
    Marcus coughs, slightly embarrassed. Ah, yes...Watchtower. As to NO, I must say you're right. Up until recently I was part of a grand army. He stops at this, remembering all too well his comrades, thousands struck down within mere hours, even the last ten of whom were killed minutes after entering the Nexus...
    Anyways, I prefer to fight in groups, although my Scottish origins allow me to survive on my own.
    Oh, hello there.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2013-07-24 at 03:50 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

Nanami does her best to stifle her laughter at the young centaur's attempt at a noble look.

"Thank you."

Outside in Inside

Saki is thoroughly confused by the talk of Watchtowers and declining something. He supposes that joining in the conversation might ruin his new freedom to live as he pleases. So instead, he begins berating Flopsy.

"Flopsy, I told you not to call me that. 'Mistress' is not a term used to describe a guy."

Flopsy's reply is immediate.

"But it suits you so well." Apparently, the fox/wolf enjoys teasing his mistress master.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

HodgePodge Street

"I think you're making fun of me."
    It's downright insulting it is! Centaurs pride themselves in being able to pull off looking good despite most races thinking that the whole horse rear end thing looks rather stupid. Arty is somewhat helped by having a decent haircut instead of the Tarzan look people like to portray centaurs with. He'd also probably be wearing a shirt if it wasn't the summer, so he does fall into that stereotype.

Outside in Inside

"Phalanxes aren't exactly the most common formation nowadays."
    He says. Then to Saki,
    "Do you often have to deal with, ahem, apparent gender problems?"

23. - Top - End - #1073

Spoiler
    Show
    HodgePodge Street

Nanami does her best to stifle her laughter at the young centaur's attempt at a noble look.

"Thank you."

Outside in Inside

Saki is thoroughly confused by the talk of Watchtowers and declining something. He supposes that joining in the conversation might ruin his new freedom to live as he pleases. So instead, he begins berating Flopsy.

"Flopsy, I told you not to call me that. 'Mistress' is not a term used to describe a guy."

Flopsy's reply is immediate.

"But it suits you so well." Apparently, the fox/wolf enjoys teasing his mistress master.
    HodgePodge Street

"I think you're making fun of me."
    It's downright insulting it is! Centaurs pride themselves in being able to pull off looking good despite most races thinking that the whole horse rear end thing looks rather stupid. Arty is somewhat helped by having a decent haircut instead of the Tarzan look people like to portray centaurs with. He'd also probably be wearing a shirt if it wasn't the summer, so he does fall into that stereotype.

Outside in Inside

"Phalanxes aren't exactly the most common formation nowadays."
    He says. Then to Saki,
    "Do you often have to deal with, ahem, apparent gender problems?"

Marcus ignores Saki for now, as he is not sure how to respond anyways.
    Back to Krayger, Ah, those would be typically Grecian, or another faction that specializes in long spears. But I get the idea of what you're saying. Large scale battles aren't as common in this world. How odd, how ever do they settle their disputes?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

Looking hurt, Nanami protests.

"I wouldn't make fun of you! You just reminded me of someone I knew for a moment, and it was nearly comical." Truthfully, it was nearly tragically comical. But that's beside the point.

Outside in Inside

Saki blushes, heightening his femininity.

"It only started happening recently, just before I came to the Nexus. I don't know what everyone's issue is."

Flopsy's telepathic snort of laughter causes Saki to turn even more red and look down at the ground in an embarrassed manner.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Abandoned Factory

Easier, yes. But the dispel resistance is strong enough that it will prevent Cessie from dispelling it unless she can come up with some extra magical power.

However, focusing in that way does have potential. Cessie will probably notice that, if she so desires and is strong enough, she might be able to make small changes to the enchantments...

...and, of course, details are often what keep enchantments playing well together.
    Abandoned Factory

Cessie will attempt to change the way the fuel spell is triggered, it will suddenly see the petrify spell as always running out on energy no matter how much it produce. This way she will attempt to use the spells purpose against itself to overload it as it now must produce more energy than it can handle.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

HodgePodge Street

"Oh, really? Who?" Arty like to know what people think of him.

Outside in Inside

"Thank goodness for small blessings like that. Here a large scale battle would mean a very large amount of destruction.
    And turn order confusion. Lots of turn order confusion.
    "Afraid I can't help you there. I can't always tell humans apart."
    He's lying a little. Krayger rarely has issues with that, although it happens every once and a while.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    [Robots R Us]

Teddy shrugs.

"I don't know. I'll probably tag along with you. I don't have anything else to do."

Harald walks back, scowling. He strides over to his hoverbike, pauses, summons a gold holoscreen and makes a complex gesture. There's a gold flash. He makes a second gesture, then a third closing the screen.

"So, do you have any tech I am allowed to take a look at?"
    "If we need anything from you, we'll tell you first. We don't share technological data just because someone decided to ask." Says the Irregular trooper there. Unless that was directed at Red, in which case he says nothing.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

Nanami smiles sadly.

"My younger brother. He has the same temperament as you... Or had." There now seems to be a sob story waiting in the wings.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

HodgePodge Street

"Oh, I'm sorry." says Arty, suddenly feeling guilty despite himself.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Outside in Inside

Saki blushes, heightening his femininity.

"It only started happening recently, just before I came to the Nexus. I don't know what everyone's issue is."

Flopsy's telepathic snort of laughter causes Saki to turn even more red and look down at the ground in an embarrassed manner.
    Outside in Inside

"Thank goodness for small blessings like that. Here a large scale battle would mean a very large amount of destruction.
    And turn order confusion. Lots of turn order confusion.
    "Afraid I can't help you there. I can't always tell humans apart."
    He's lying a little. Krayger rarely has issues with that, although it happens every once and a while.
    Curious, Marcus looks over at Saki,
    I suppose so, it's just...that's all I've known for many years.
    In all fairness, even I'm having issues with telling your gender...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show