Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1370
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: By the Inferior Science of our Enemies: Gramarie Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby
    Names Rolep! What we need are names!
    I like to put that off until we know exactly what they do. I'll think about it.

We're cutting A and B? I get what you're saying about delayed ebbs, unless there is a limit to how long it could be delayed, and thus the maximum amount of ebbs you can shove inside. Its possible heurteticism already does everything I'm thinking. Would the flashlight idea or whatever it was, is that already possible?
    I would like to cut A and B as they are written, but we could replace A with the laser-beam idea. As for B, the idea of the limit in orunds would be good, save that we already have ebbs that provide extra power (F), and the two together is just too strong, escpecially since their uses overlap nigh-completely. I beleive that with some clever working the flashlight is possible, but it is much easier with your stuff. As I said before, I would incorporate time delays into D.

Nah. That's for this. This is for this.
    While a laser-beam has obvious functionality, it is difficult to see the use of D as-is (however cool it is). We could provide D in the same principle as the laser-beam version of A and sell them as two modes of long-range transport, but I'm worried that A might eclipse D.

Sounds good. You should word the next version, since I imagine whatever language peculiarities I have, you will lack, and vice versa.
    I'm a very 'so many words covering all the possibilities that I can think of that the principle becomes confusing' sort of writer. Still, I'll write up all of the refractors that we can think of over the next few days, so that you can trim them into something reasonable.

Electro-magnets. Therefor antigravity trains and things are now possible without any kind of engine.
    But the force is only attractive right now. To really do what your saying we would need repulsive (anti-ebbs repel other anti-ebbs; I'm hesitant to rule that ebbs repel ebbs because this could be a game-changer and would be difficult to implement into the system).

May I suggest, rather than being sent into a transformer like I said before, it can be fired directly at a gramaric machine to supply it power. Main upside is long distance transportation without loss, main downside is it's difficult to route, since it can't use heuretical circuits.
    I'm confused as to how this works. So we have a refractor that changes the ebb into something else, while simlutaneously directing it at where to go?

You love your sabotage. I can see this as being the go-to method of bomb building.
    It could also be a last-ditch technique for when you need the extra power to save yourself, whatever the cost to your devices.

I might need this explained. You take a device that can use 20 ebbs per round, and you put a 20 ebb per round mass into it. And for 20 turns it generates free power. 400 ebbs for the price of 20. I like that it would require some amount of setup to work, and would be very inflexible after having been set up, but it seems fairly overpowered.
    You have understood it fine. The mass can be moved form device to device. I think that it does need balancing, perhaps by saying that it only lasts for 1 round (meaning that it can be used on multiple different devices but not the same component multiple times (alla flows)) or that it does not output as many ebbs in a single device as the number of ebbs that are in it (alla my reject principle, but without the whole field magubbins).

Are you up for using clear materials as Puissematic refractors? It's being used in datistry (soon to be called something else) as well, so we should try to thematically link the devices if we can.
    Clear is fine (different types of gems seems the obvious choice).

I might be misunderstanding, but couldn't you set that up and then use it to power a transformer indefinitely?
    You have the right of it. It reject for a reason. Still, 1/10th power (plus full power every 9 rounds if you spend the stored ebbs on it) isn't that amazing.

New idea, if people are using the fluff that ebbs are visible as they move through circuits (which sounds really cool to me), each refracted ebb type should have a different appearance. This is all fluff, so it's optional. Normal ebbs are like small spheres of light. Dormant ebbs are very dull and grey. Overcharged ebbs are either red, or painfully bright if you look directly at them. Negative ebbs glow, but are solid black. Radiomantic ebbs either pulse, or are yellow, or are kind of painful to be near?
    I'll incorporate it when I write up the refractors.

EDIT: hoping you read this. An anti ebb laser is extremely powerful. Point it at a person and they both lose ebbs from their reserve (making them lose actions per turn) and deals a lot of damage to them. Point it at a machine and the whole circuit starts taking damage. I think ant-ebbs need to be doctorate level.
    Yes, they should be (perhaps in the same principle as radiomantic ebbs, since both are quite offense-based (perhaps a military science principle, even)).

EDITEDIT: emp grenade! Get either delayed or dormant ebbs, or negative ebbs if you have them, and put them into a small battery, through them into a room full of machines, and have the ebbs leave the battery into the refractor that makes the ebbs into plasma and arcs them through the air.
    So you make ebbs into anti-ebbs with E, store them with D, and when they're ready make them attack the circuit with C. Optionally, you could also throw G in there somewhere for some extra oomph to the transformers that they are attracted to.
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-12-08 at 01:04 PM.
    Rules for Luck
    A (failed) Shadowcaster fix
    The Sangolu: mixing D&D's greatest foes
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolep
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonmaster
    60>80
    This, I feel, deserves a quote on its own.
    RAI trumps RAW on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Isn't it annoying when the cocky one is actually right?

2. - Top - End - #1232

Oh, yeah. I always just think of them as fantastic flying trains.

While a laser-beam has obvious functionality, it is difficult to see the use of D as-is (however cool it is). We could provide D in the same principle as the laser-beam version of A and sell them as two modes of long-range transport, but I'm worried that A might eclipse D.
    Waitwait, you mean C right? This is why we need names, because A was the hypercaloric acid, and is now lasers, D is the ghost ebbs. C is the tesla coil that releases the ebbs into the air. I'm using names from now on, even if theyre not the final names. Assuming you meant C instead of D, you're right the laser is better in most cases than the tesla coil and for that reason, I think the tesla coil should be lower tier. It definitely has a place though. You can set up a giant tesla coil on top of your house when you sleep. Or my grenade idea. I also like that it's difficult to use. You need to make sure it's zapping what you want it to zap.

I'm a very 'so many words covering all the possibilities that I can think of that the principle becomes confusing' sort of writer. Still, I'll write up all of the refractors that we can think of over the next few days, so that you can trim them into something reasonable.
    Teamwork.

But the force is only attractive right now. To really do what your saying we would need repulsive (anti-ebbs repel other anti-ebbs; I'm hesitant to rule that ebbs repel ebbs because this could be a game-changer and would be difficult to implement into the system).
    Oh I'm not sure how I didn't see that. Dreams of floating trains, crushed. Unless the rails were suspended in the air by poles, and the tracks were on the top.

I'm confused as to how this works. So we have a refractor that changes the ebb into something else, while simlutaneously directing it at where to go?
    Yeah, I was imagining it as a laser pointer (but more white and less red). If it didn't direct it it would need to immediately go into a directing component anyway, so why not combine the two?

You have understood it fine. The mass can be moved form device to device. I think that it does need balancing, perhaps by saying that it only lasts for 1 round (meaning that it can be used on multiple different devices but not the same component multiple times (alla flows)) or that it does not output as many ebbs in a single device as the number of ebbs that are in it (alla my reject principle, but without the whole field magubbins).
    I feel like this should be left to the heureticism experts to decide. I'm having a hard time figuring out the implications.

Clear is fine (different types of gems seems the obvious choice).
    Ooh, obvious as it may be, it hadn't occured to anyone yet. We were going to use glass and ice and crystal and stuff.

So you make ebbs into anti-ebbs with E, store them with D, and when they're ready make them attack the circuit with C. Optionally, you could also throw G in there somewhere for some extra oomph to the transformers that they are attracted to.
    Use your names xD I did not understand a word of that, and I designed it!
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2013-12-08 at 01:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1233

NecromancerGuy

I'll reply later; right now I'm busy re-writing the current list of refractors, complete with names, materials and appearances for the ebbs. Here is what I have right now. I will edit in the rest as it comes.

Refractors
    Spoiler: Refractors
    Show
    Grade: varies
    Prerequisites: varies
    Target: 1 cubic foot of the appropriate material (listed individually for each refractor)
    Preparation Time: Varies

Refractors are carefully cut and crafted object of crystal than refract and bend magical energy in distinct ways, assigning it unusual properties distinct to each type of gemstone. When they are first prepared, the preparer must make a Spellcraft check. A refractor may not process more ebbs in a single round than the result of this check.

Field Emitter: This refractor is designed from quartz and makes all ebbs that pass through glow an incandescent blue as if in an oxidising flame. Ebbs that it refracts become arcs, enfused with latent puissant energy and getting released into the surroundings. Arcs are attracted to the most powerful nearby sources of potential gramaric energy. Every object has a ‘puissant pull’, which is 0 unless any of the following conditions are met:
    It is a gramaric device, in which case it has a pull equal to its appropriate skill check.
    It can store ebbs (e.g. an orichalcum battery or a creature with a puissemantic reserve), in which case it has a puissant pull equal to the difference between the number of ebbs that it is holding and the maximum that it can hold (creatures with puissemantic reserves treat their maximum as twice their full reserve value).
    If a single object fulfils more than one of these criteria (e.g. it’s a biollurgical chassis), add the values together to determine the total puissant pull of the object.
    The puissant pull is divided by the number of five-foot intervals (rounded up, minimum 1) between object and the arcs to give the effective pull. The arcs are then distributed amongst these objects with the following priority: supply the object with the largest effective pull with half of the arcs, the object with the next largest effective pull with one quarter, the object with the next largest effective pull with one eighth, and so on, rounding down any fractions. All remaining arcs are then supplied to the object with the largest effective pull.

Capacitor: This refractor is designed from amethyst and makes all ebbs that pass through it glow an eerie, dark purple that fades and swells erratically. Ebbs that it refracts become potential ebbs or ‘wisps’, sealing their latent energy away into a dormant state. Wisps must be supplied to a gramaric device which can receive ebbs (e.g. an output arcanodynamic transformer, a puissematic refractor or a creature with a puissemantic reserve), or they are lost to the aether like normal ebbs. However, when supplied, wisps rest dormant within the device, rather than being used. Upon the reception of a physical or heuristic command to do so, a portion of the wisps (decided by the command) is supplied to the device, which acts as if it has just been supplied an identical number of ordinary ebbs. Wisps count against any limit to the number of ebbs processed in a round. If the device processes any ebbs while storing wisps, the wisps are immediately lost into the aether. Furthermore, any single device cannot hold more wisps at any one time than five times its appropriate skill check; any excess wisps dissipate into the aether.

Polariser: Polarisers are refractors that give an ebb a charge. There are two types of charge, positive and negative, and each is formed by a different refractor.
    Positive Polariser (+Pole): This refractor is designed from white opal and makes all ebbs that pass through it grow a pale, milky white. Ebbs that it refracts become ‘+ebbs’ and gain a positive charge.
    Negative Polariser (-Pole): This refractor is designed from onyx and makes all ebbs that pass through it radiate pure darkness. Ebbs that it refracts become ‘-ebbs’, gaining a negative charge.
    Charged ebbs are highly reactive, annihilating on contact with other ebbs. Whenever charged ebbs are in contact with ebbs of a different charge (treat ebbs with no charge as different from +ebbs and -ebbs), a number of charged ebbs equal to the number of ebbs of different charge are destroyed, and a number of ebbs of different charge equal to the number of charged ebbs are destroyed. This destruction produces an explosion which deals hellfire damage to everything within a 10 foot radius equal to 1d6 per charged ebb destroyed. Thus, +ebbs and -ebbs colliding are more deadly than charged ebbs colliding with uncharged ebbs. Ebbs are considered to be in contact when they are part of the same circuit, or stored in or supplied to the same gramaric device.
    Charged ebbs exert a force on each other. Any device or creature storing charged ebbs feels a force from all other devices or creatures storing charged ebbs, with a value in push equal to (the number of charged ebbs in device/creature A multiplied by the number of charged ebbs in device/creature B) divided by the number of feet between the two devices/creatures. If one charge is positive and one negative, the force is attractive, but if both are positive or both are negative, the force is repulsive).

Amplifier: This refractor is designed from diamond and makes all ebbs that pass through it glow unbearably bright so that they are difficult to look at directly. Ebbs that it refracts join into pairs called ‘fusions’, storing extra energy in the bonds. If the number of ebbs refracted is an odd number, one ebb is lost during refraction. Both ebbs in the fusion must always be supplied together; they cannot be separated until they are processed. When fusions are processed, they may either be treated as two ebbs normally, or they may be separated, in which case each fusion provides three ebbs of puissance, but is still only treated as two ebbs for the purposes of limits to how many ebbs may be supplied to the device each round. Separating the fusions is a dangerous process, however, and so whenever a device separates fusions, it must roll 1d20, subtract ten, and add twice the number of fusions separated. If this roll is lower than the device’s appropriate skill check, the fusions are not consumed, instead dissipating, and the device loses any gramaric properties that it may possess. When fusions are supplied to a creature, they are simply treated as three ebbs.

Irradiator: The refractor is designed from ruby and makes all ebbs that pass through it glow a lurid, incarnadine red that pulsates like the beating of a heart. Ebbs that it refracts become highly unstable particles known as ‘pulsants’, constantly emitting dangerous radiomantic waves. When a pulsant is supplied to a gramaric device, it provides puissance as if it were a number of ebbs equal to 1/5th the appropriate skill check of the device, but is still only treated as one ebb for the purposes of limits to how many ebbs may be supplied to the device each round. However, the transformation is dangerous, causing the device to explode as though it were starmetal and it had just been supplied ebbs equal to the number of ebbs the pulsants were treated as.

Solidifier: This refractor is made from sapphire and makes all ebbs that pass through it into a compressed, floating mass which shines a steady, unwavering royal blue. Ebbs that it refracts come together into a single structure, called the ‘mass’, which lasts for a long period of time but only releases its energy slowly. No new ebbs can be added to the mass once it has been created, nor can any ebbs be removed from the mass. The mass, though a structure, is not solid, and cannot be picked up or physically handled; it is transported as normal for puissance. When the mass is processed by a device, it remains intact, rather than being consumed, so that it may continue to be transported to other devices. It may never be processed by the same device more than once in a single round. When processed, it is treated as though it provides ebbs equal to one-tenth of the number of ebbs in the mass for all purposes. It naturally decomposes into the aether after it has been processed more times than 1/10th the Spellcraft check.

Ray Emitter: This refractor is designed from topaz and makes all ebbs that pass through it grow a vibrant yellow and begin to vibrate incessantly. Ebbs that it refracts gain vast kinetic energy and are directed to a distant device. The ray emitter must be directed in a particular direction; this must be done by a creature or a heuristic circuit. The refracted ebbs are emitted in that direction, travelling along it until they encounter an obstacle. If the obstacle is a gramaric device that can receive ebbs or a creature, it receives the emitted ebbs; otherwise, the ebbs dissipate into the aether. The ebbs also dissipate if they travel for a number of miles equal to the Spellcraft check without encountering an obstacle.
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-12-10 at 12:59 PM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Show
    60>80

4. - Top - End - #1234

Field Emitter: This refractor is designed from quartz and makes all ebbs that pass through glow an incandescent blue as if in an oxidising flame. Ebbs that it refracts become arcs, gaining a puissant charge and getting released into the surroundings.
    Arcs are attracted to the most powerful nearby sources of gramaric energy.
    I think logically they should do the opposite. If there is a battery that is almost full, and a battery that is almost empty, the puissence would move to the empty battery because there is less resistance.

Every object has a ‘puissant pull’, which is 0 unless any of the following conditions are met:
    It is a gramaric principle, in which case it has a pull equal to its appropriate skill check.
    I'm not confident, but I'm think there are gramaric devices that don't require a skill check to create. This also requires the skill check to be on hand, but I guess a lot of things do that. Also I'm pretty sure the things created with principles aren't called principles. I've been calling them devices, but I could be wrong.

It is a creature, in which case it has a pull equal to its puissance reserve.
    Backwards by my logic. Also this would make the field emitter far more powerful in combat, because it would target the people closer to 'spodling, rather than the people who are undercharged and need the energy most.

Raw puissance also has a puissant pull, equal to the number of ebbs it possesses.
    Oh damn. It is an "a" in puissance. I just wrote a whole class where puissance was every other word. How does this work? Is this referring to puissance stored in batteries?

If a single object fulfils more than one of these criteria (e.g. it’s a biollurgical chassis which has just produced ebbs due to its in-built input arcanodynamic transformer), add the values together. This resultant value is divided by the number of five-foot intervals (rounded up, minimum 1) between object and the arcs, to give the effective pull.
    The arcs are then distributed amongst these objects with the following priority: supply the largest effective pull with half of the arcs, the next largest with one quarter, the next largest with one eighth and so on, rounding down any fractions. All remaining arcs are supplied to the largest pull.
    Oh that's interesting. That would make keeping the field emitter zapping what you want it to more challenging. I think I like it.

Capacitor: This refractor is designed from amethyst and makes all ebbs that pass through it glow an eerie, dark purple that fades and swells erratically. Ebbs that it refracts become potential ebbs or ‘wisps’, sealing their latent energy away into a dormant state.
    Epps must be supplied to a gramaric device which can process ebbs (e.g. an arcanodynamic transformer or a puissematic refractor), or they are lost to the aether like normal ebbs.
    They can't be stored? May be misunderstanding, I thought these could be transmitted to any device that can receive puissance.

However, when supplied, wisps rest dormant within the device, rather than being used. Upon the reception of a physical or heuristic command to do so, a portion of the wisps (decided by the command) is supplied to the device, which acts as if it has just been supplied an identical number of ordinary ebbs.
    If the device processes any ebbs while storing wisps, the wisps are immediately lost into the aether. Furthermore, any single device cannot hold more wisps at any one time than five times its appropriate skill check; any excess wisps dissipate into the aether.
    I had thought if the device processed ebbs it would just immediately use up the wisps. Which is effectively what will happen here, except here people have to make sure whatever signals the input of ebbs signals the device to use up the wisps so they aren't wasted. Also 5 times the skill check sounds really high to me, but I'm pretty bad at balancing that kind of thing.

Another thing, instead of using the appropriate skill checks that made the devices in question, I think we should use the Key Skill. As it is, we aren't using it for anything.

5. - Top - End - #1235

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby View Post
    I think logically they should do the opposite. If there is a battery that is almost full, and a battery that is almost empty, the puissence would move to the empty battery because there is less resistance.
    But a 'battery', apart from orichalcum and caloric, which are doctorate/theory, doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by qazzimby
    I'm not confident, but I'm think there are gramaric devices that don't require a skill check to create. This also requires the skill check to be on hand, but I guess a lot of things do that. Also I'm pretty sure the things created with principles aren't called principles. I've been calling them devices, but I could be wrong.
    Gramaric devices that don't require a skill chec would make the discipline's key skill pointless, and besides, they're unlikely to be affected by ebbs, so it doesn't make much odds. Also, I meant to say device.

Backwards by my logic. Also this would make the field emitter far more powerful in combat, because it would target the people closer to 'spodling, rather than the people who are undercharged and need the energy most.
    This, I can agree on and change, but the stuff about batteries doesn't really hold itself together.

Oh damn. It is an "a" in puissance. I just wrote a whole class where puissance was every other word. How does this work? Is this referring to puissance stored in batteries?
    Yes, as well as puissance that has just been released (say that this was activated as a readied action to ebbs being produced by an output transformer).

Oh that's interesting. That would make keeping the field emitter zapping what you want it to more challenging. I think I like it.
    Your appreciation is appreciated! It was added to ake an EMP work better as it would allow more than just a single target to be attacked.

They can't be stored? May be misunderstanding, I thought these could be transmitted to any device that can receive puissance.
    They can be stored; read the rest of the description.

I had thought if the device processed ebbs it would just immediately use up the wisps. Which is effectively what will happen here, except here people have to make sure whatever signals the input of ebbs signals the device to use up the wisps so they aren't wasted. Also 5 times the skill check sounds really high to me, but I'm pretty bad at balancing that kind of thing.
    I want the wisps to be a little more difficult to handle, just as a potential handicap. We could write a discovery that makes this easier. 5 time skill check isn't high when it can still only be processed at the normal rate; it's just like a battery!

Another thing, instead of using the appropriate skill checks that made the devices in question, I think we should use the Key Skill. As it is, we aren't using it for anything.
    Read the top section, which applies to all refractors. Also, all of the situations are such that it is more appropriate to use the check that prepared the device rather than the key skill.

EDIT: And now I reply to your post-before-last!

Waitwait, you mean C right? This is why we need names, because A was the hypercaloric acid, and is now lasers, D is the ghost ebbs. C is the tesla coil that releases the ebbs into the air. I'm using names from now on, even if theyre not the final names. Assuming you meant C instead of D, you're right the laser is better in most cases than the tesla coil and for that reason, I think the tesla coil should be lower tier. It definitely has a place though. You can set up a giant tesla coil on top of your house when you sleep. Or my grenade idea. I also like that it's difficult to use. You need to make sure it's zapping what you want it to zap.
    I'm getting them confused all the time! This letter is my post were entirely wrong. Luckily, now they have names! As for the differences, I see your point; we'll make the laser beam magisterial and the tesla coil baccalaureate (however you spell it!).

Oh I'm not sure how I didn't see that. Dreams of floating trains, crushed. Unless the rails were suspended in the air by poles, and the tracks were on the top.
    If we (you, since you're the one who knows how they want a repulsive force to turn out) can write good rules for anti-ebbs repelling each toehr, your dreams can still come true!

Yeah, I was imagining it as a laser pointer (but more white and less red). If it didn't direct it it would need to immediately go into a directing component anyway, so why not combine the two?
    But half our refractors include ways that the ebbs are transported; I think that having a seperate laser-beam refractor would be simpler and easier.

I feel like this should be left to the heureticism experts to decide. I'm having a hard time figuring out the implications.
    I've given it a shot, but I'm still unsure if I've balanced it.

Ooh, obvious as it may be, it hadn't occured to anyone yet. We were going to use glass and ice and crystal and stuff.
    We?

Use your names xD I did not understand a word of that, and I designed it!
    Use Polariser to make anti-ebbs; use capacitor to store them on a field emitter; have a circuit trigger the field emitter to release the anti-ebbs, whihc would then annihilate the field emitter, the circuit and everything else in the vicinity, along with draining much of their ebbs! Youc ould add an irradiator to make the field emitter explode gratuitously just before the anti-ebbs were released!

EDITEDIT: The current tasks:
    • Do you think that the targeting system for the field emitter needs changing, and if so, how?
    • Do you have any good ideas for a rupulsive force (e.g. anti-ebbs repelling)?
    • I need to write a laser-pointer refractor, which I will do tomorrow.
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-12-08 at 03:34 PM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

A constructivist PrC

Queen of Hearts

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm creating a brand new world, one heart at a time."

Image credit Alice Yuric of deviantart.com

Requirements: To become a Queen (or King) of Hearts you must meet all of the following requirements.
    Gramarie: Any two CONT principles
    Skills: Perform (Keyboard Instruments) 10, Knowledge (the planes) 10 ranks
    Specialization: Must be specialized in Constructivity
    Special: must have the Primary stomach class feature.

Hit Die: d6
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Class Skills: The Queen of Hearts' class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Concentration (Con), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (architecture and engineering) (Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Knowledge (psionics) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Keyboard instruments) (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

The Queen of Hearts
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
    Principles

1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Form Points, Features, Ebberrant Beating|
    +0

2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Strange Pulse|
    +1

3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Feature (Heart)|
    +2

4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Strange Pulse|
    +3

5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Farfection|
    +3

6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|Feature (Heartless), Strange pulse|
    +4

7th|+5|+2|+2|+5|Gramaric Aberration|
    +5

8th|+6|+2|+2|+6|Strange Pulse|
    +6

9th|+6|+3|+3|+6|Feature (Kingdom Hearts)|
    +6

10th|+7|+3|+3|+7|Royal Core, Strange pulse|
    +7

[/table]

Class Features

All of the following are class features of the Queen of Hearts.

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: A Queen of Hearts gains no additional weapon or armour proficiencies.

Form Points (Ex): A queen of hearts gains a number of form points equal to its class level.

Features (Ex): A Queen of Hearts class levels stack with its ozodrin levels for determining what features and augments it has access to, as well as the number of feature granted attacks it can make in a round. In addition it gains three feature not normally available to the ozodrin (Heart; Heartless; and Kingdom Hearts). Details spoiled below.

Queen of Hearts' features
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heart: Cost - 2
    Appearance: A heart is normally formed inside the Queen of Hearts, only being sensed by a tremor in her skin. If the Queen wishes she can also form it on the surface in such case it appears as a pulsing bloated piece of flesh that ticks at irregular intervals. The heart has metallic traces of the material associated with the element, thus for example a fire heart has traces of iron.
    Required level: Queen of Hearts 3
    Benefit: The heart beats at an irregular pace, and has a small elemental bound to it. A heart of this kind produces half the ebbs that a heart created with CONT 101 would, but as long as it is formed it doesn't consume material from the Queen of Hearts. At any point a Queen of Hearts might have a number of Hearts equal to half her Queen of Hearts level.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Organic Keyboard: Additional cost - Special see below
    This augment cost is equal to the number of Hearts that a Queen of Hearts has. As a move action the Queen of Hearts can make a perform (keyboard instruments) check to "play" with her heart(s). If she does so she can transmit the ebbs produced by them to any piece of grammarie she is touching. The maximum number of ebbs that she can move around is equal to half the Perform (keyboard instruments) check or the number of ebbs that she has available, whatever is less. The Queen of Hearts cannot use this augment any time she would be denied her Dexterity bonus to AC.
    Touched Feelings: Additional cost - 2
    The Queen of Hearts gains resistance 5 to the element associated with the heart to which this augment is added.
    Beacon of Beats: Additional cost - 2
    Requires level 5: The Queen of Hearts can form a Heart inside her stomach(s), anyone/anything present in her stomach gains the effects of the Heart (for example if the Heart has the Touched Feelings (Fire) augment all creatures inside the Queen of Hearts stomach gain fire resistance 5). The Queen of Hearts can use the Organic Keyboard augment to transfer ebbs produced by her hearts to any gramarie contraption in any of her stomachs.
    Strong Feelings: Additional cost - 2
    Requires level 6, requires the Touched Feelings augment: The Queen of Hearts resistance improves to the Queen of Hearts level + the number of Hearts that she has shaped.
    Voracious Feelings: Additional cost - 2
    Requires level 6, requires the Touched Feelings augment: If the Queen of Hearts resist elemental damage due to any of its Hearts, she gains 1/3 of the HP that she would have suffered if she hadn't resisted them.
    Love Mixture: Additional cost - 3
    Requires level 7, and knowledge of CONT 266: The Queen of Hearts can now form Hearts from paraelemental planes. If she applies, Any "Feeling" augments it applies to such a heart has its cost increased by 2, but it grants the benefits to the two elements.
    Ups and Downs Mixture: Additional cost - 3
    Requires level 7, knowledge of CONT 266, and access to the Highways and Stairways discovery: The Queen of Hearts can now form Hearts from quasielemental planes. If she applies, Any "Feeling" augments it applies to such a heart has its cost increased by 2, but it grants the benefits to the two elements.
    Organic Virtuoso: Additional cost 4
    Requires level 8 and Organic Keyboard augment: The Queen of Hearts can play her hearts even when she would be denied her Dexterity bonus, in addition if she is not denied of her Dexterity bonus she can use this ability as a swift action instead of a move action.
    Big Heart: Additional cost - Special see below
    Requires level 8: The cost of this augment is equal to half the associated material normally consumed for medium (or larger) elementals described in the Constructivy discipline. With this augment the Queen of Hearts can bind bigger elementals to her hearts.
    Hard Feelings: Additional cost - 5
    Requires level 9, requires the Strong Feelings augment: The Queen of Hearts resistance improves to energy immunity.
    Organic Maestro: Additional cost - 4
    Requires level 10 and Organic Virtuoso augment: The Queen of Hearts can play her hearts even when unconscious and up to a number of rounds equal to the number of Hearts she has after dying.

Heartless: Cost - Special See Below
    Appearance: A heartless is a strange creature, appearing to be made of metal and elemental energy that somehow seems to pulsate.
    Required level: Queen of Hearts 6
    Calculating cost: Similar to puppets, the heartless is composed of other features. Unlike those however, it has built in max cost before features on it begin costing form points, and it must always use up at least half that cost. By default a heartless is one size category smaller than the Queen of Hearts and may have up to 2 times the Queen of Hearts class levels in form points (this means that it must have at least a number of form points equal to the Queen of Hearts class level).
    Benefits: The Queen of Hearts many only have one heartless at all times. The heartless is, without augments incapable of travelling more than 10 feet from the Queen, though it otherwise able to move freely. Without features or augments granting it such abilities, a heartless is blind, deaf, and only able to move 5 feet per move action. If given two limb features it gains a move speed of 15 feet, which increases by 5 for each additional limb, though if a limb is used to move, it can't be used to perform other actions that round. A heartless shares its senses, hp, and ability scores with the Queen of Hearts, but does not gain benefits from armour, spells and abilities, or features that improve the Queen's stats, though they can be applied to it as if it were a separate creature.
    A heartless is capable of performing its own actions each turn though it is limited to a number of natural attack equal to half the Queen of Hearts limit (rounded down, minimum 1 these attacks do not count against the Queen's feature granted attacks for the round).
    A Queen of Hearts can direct the Heartless by making a perform (keyboards instrument) check as a standard action with a DC equal to the form points invested into the Heartless, otherwise it continues acting carrying the last order to the best of its capabilities.
    When forming the heartless a Queen of Hearts must decide to which elemental (energy, paraelemental, or even quasielemental) plane it is related, the heartless appears to be composed of the material associated with it and has wisps of the energy associated with that plane swirling around it. This is mostly a cosmetic effect but it determines the effect of some of the augments such as breathed heartless.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small Heartless: Additional cost - 2
    Decrease the size of the heartless by 1 size category. This augment may be added multiple times to the heartless to a minimum of tiny. The effects stack.

Large Heartless: Additional cost - 2
    Increase the size of the heartless by 1 size category. This augment may be added multiple times to the heartless. The effects stack.

Independent Heartless: Additional cost - 2
    The heartless can move 10 more feet away from the Queen of Hearts. This augment may be added multiple times to the heartless. The effects stack.

Swift Heartless: Additional cost - 3
    The base land speed of the heartless is increased by 5 feet. This augment may be added multiple times to the heartless. The effects stack.

Breathed Heartless: Additional cost - 3
    Required level 7; a bite attack: The heartless gains a breath weapon similar to that of a mephit of the plane associated with it. (DC 10 + 1/2 (Queen of Hearts level) + Charisma modifier)

Hard Heartless: Additional cost - 4
    Requires level 7: The heartless swirling metal becomes more real and tangible, with its mass being more pronounced. The heartless gains the traits of the metal of the constructive heart of the plane associated with it, and its natural weapon are treated as being made of that metal for bypassing DR. If there were two metals associated with the plane the cost of this augment increases by 2.

Self Repairing Heartless: Additional cost - 3
    Requires level 7: The heartless gains fast healing 3 similar to that of a mephit of the plane associated with it.

Heartless Duet: Additional cost - 4
    Requires level 8: The Queen of Hearts creates a second Heartless. Both Heartless share the same form point pool, but they each require having their own features and augments added (except for the Independent Heartless augment which effects both of them). Each of the Heartless has its own set of attacks, though the amount is 1 less than normal (minimum 1).

Hearted Heartless: Additional cost - 3
    Requires level 8; special: To use this augment the Queen of Hearts must give one of her heart features to the Heartless, in doing so she must pay both the cost of this augment and the cost of the Heart feature as normal. The heart must reference the same plane as the heartless (for example, a radiant [positive - fire] heartless cannot be hearted with a ooze [water - earth] heart). The Queen of Hearts can then apply heart augments to the Heartless, if she applies Organic Keyboard or any of the augments that improve it she can direct the Heartless as part of the Perform (keyboard instruments) check. If the Queen of Hearts has the Heartless duet or the Heartless triptet augment she can choose to give hearts to all her heartless or to none of them.

Ascended Heartless: Additional cost - 4
    Requires level 9, Hard Heartless augment and Hearted Heartless augment: The heartless metal ascends into its ascended form granting the heartless the benefits of the ascended metal.

Charged Heartless: Additional cost - 4
    Requires level 9 and Hearted Heartless augment: The heartless can store some of the ebbs provided by the Heart inside it. Each heartless with this augment can store up to the Queen's of Heart Charisma modifier in ebbs.

Heartless Triptet: Additional cost - 3
    Requires level 10 and Heartless Duet augment: The Queen of Hearts creates a third Heartless. All the Heartless share the same form point pool, but they each require having their own features and augments added (except for the Independent Heartless augment which effects the three of them). Each of the Heartless has its own set of attacks, though the amount is 2 less than normal (minimum 1).

Ebberrant Beating (Ex):When a Queen of Hearts uses its manifest form ability it gains half her class levels (rounded up) as a bonus to any perform (keyboard instruments) she might make.

Principles of Gramarie: The Queen of Hearts continues to advance her study of gramarie. At the levels indicated on the table above, she learns a new principle of gramarie that she qualifies for. Her class levels stack with her levels in one other gramarie base classes to determine what tier of principles she can learn (choose which base class when entering the class). At all times, her choice of specialty dictates which individual principles are available for her to learn.

Strange Pulse (Ex) Strange patrons whisper secrets. At 2nd level and every two levels thereafter the Queen of Hearts gains access to a Discovery of Constructivity.
    Alternatively it can gain 3 Form points.

Farfection: At 5th level the Queen of Hearts gains the ability to create constructive Hearts infused with the essence of the far realms. Whenever the Queen of Hearts creates a constructive heart, with any of her principles, she can choose to use Biostructure of the materials necessary for the construction of her Constructive Heart (instead of normal metal). This produces a Farfected Heart. Farfected Hearts pulse with life at irregular intervals, instead of producing ebbs every 10 rounds (as a normal Constructive Heart) it produces ebbs once every 1d10 rounds. A Farfected Heart cannot have more ebbs that it could have otherwise, any extra ebbs not used are lost.

Gramaric Aberration: At 7th level the Queen of Hearts is something new entirely meshing masterfully Gramarie with her aberrant lineage. Any [Gramarie] feat she has is counted as an [Aberrant] feat whenever it would be beneficial to the Queen of Hearts. Similarly [Aberrant] feats may be treated as [Gramarie] feats. In addition levels of Constructivist count as levels of Queen of Hearts to determine bonus form points.

Royal Core: At 10th level the Queen of Hearts is more in tune with any Heart it has created, be it those in her person or those far away. The number of Heart features that she can have increases to her class level, any augment that she applies to any of her heart features has its cost reduced by 1 to a minimum of 1.
    In addition the Queen of Hearts can use its heart features in any Constructive Heart she has created with the Farfection ability, if she does so and applies the Organic Keyboard (or any of the augments that improve that ability) to it she can regulate the flow of ebbs from the heart regardless of distance.
    Last edited by thethird; 2013-12-09 at 05:00 PM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

7. - Top - End - #1237

So much to respond to.

But a 'battery', apart from orichalcum and caloric, which are doctorate/theory, doesn't exist.
    By battery I've been meaning anything that could hold ebbs, so I would consider creature's batteries. I'm imagining ebbs to repel the flow of other ebbs. Or to put another way, the potential of an empty reserve or battery has a lot more potential, and that leads to more pull.

Yes, as well as puissance that has just been released (say that this was activated as a readied action to ebbs being produced by an output transformer).
    Ehm. Released puissance attracts other released puissance? That makes sense (kind of, it actually the opposite of what I'd originally intended) but sounds very hard to implement. If you release two ebbs into the air with nothing else attracting them, they would orbit around each other or collide.

They can be stored; read the rest of the description.
    Nono, I read that. It's just that it specifically states that it must enter a device which can process ebbs, instead of any device which can receive ebbs. That would make it incompatible with battery storage, creature reserves, or depending on interpretation, any device that requires ebbs to run.

I want the wisps to be a little more difficult to handle, just as a potential handicap. We could write a discovery that makes this easier. 5 time skill check isn't high when it can still only be processed at the normal rate; it's just like a battery!
    I'll take your word for it. Since I've never spent much time actually gramarizing, I don't what is a fair amount of ebbs at any level.

Read the top section, which applies to all refractors. Also, all of the situations are such that it is more appropriate to use the check that prepared the device rather than the key skill.
    Oh, ok. I had been thinking key skill as a representation of how well refined the ebbs are. I think your way works as well or better.

How do people keep track of the skill check for everything? Meticulously labelled schematics?

If we (you, since you're the one who knows how they want a repulsive force to turn out) can write good rules for anti-ebbs repelling each toehr, your dreams can still come true!
    Done. This is kind of different, but worth thinking about. Normal ebbs are neutral. You can apply a positive or negative charge on an ebb (this means ebb/anti-ebb would have to go). Positive ebbs and negative ebbs both explode on contact with neutral ebbs, and explode doubly so with ebbs of the opposite polarity, taking out neutral ebbs in the process and dealing more damage. Same charges repel, Differing charges attract. I'm not sure if I like this more or less than the initial idea. This would change the name to positive charged ebb or negative charged ebb.

Then add differing amounts of pull so negatively charged ebbs are pulled twice as hard to items containing positive ebbs.

But half our refractors include ways that the ebbs are transported; I think that having a seperate laser-beam refractor would be simpler and easier.
    I think we're misunderstanding each other. What are the two components exactly?

I've given it a shot, but I'm still unsure if I've balanced it.
    Heureticism experts, we need your help! What do you think of the contents of this spoiler box?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Solidifier: This refractor is made from sapphire and makes all ebbs that pass through it into a compressed, floating mass which shines a steady, unwavering royal blue. Ebbs that it refracts come together into a single structure, called the ‘mass’, which lasts for a long period of time but only releases its energy slowly. No new ebbs can be added to the mass once it has been created, nor can any ebbs be removed from the mass. The mass, though a structure, is not solid, and cannot be picked up or physically handled; it is transported as normal for puissance. When the mass is processed by a device, it remains intact, rather than being consumed, so that it may continue to be transported to other devices. It may never be processed by the same device more than once in a single round. When processed, it is treated as though it provides ebbs equal to one-tenth of the number of ebbs in the mass for all purposes. It naturally decomposes into the aether after it has been processed more times than 1/10th the Spellcraft check.

We?
    Oh, just that is what was recommended when the discipline came up in conversation.

Do you think that the targeting system for the field emitter needs changing, and if so, how?
    This might just be because it was my way, but I really liked it the way I had it. I can't get greedy and whiny so I keep trying to justify it as better.

Do you have any good ideas for a rupulsive force (e.g. anti-ebbs repelling)?

Oh, actually another way. If we keep things to only ebbs and anti-ebbs, we could have multiple objects with anti-ebbs repell one another.

Now to respond to all the new stuff you posted.

This is going to be a very expensive discipline if we're making everything out of rubies and diamonds.

I think the ruby should be for the laser, since real life lasers use rubies I think.

The amplifier doesn't have a downside. Are we still having it burn out circuits? I like that idea because it means people could have a lot of parallel circuits to deal with the problem, or have it replace fuses.

Thinking aloud: Maybe, any time you're using amplified ebbs, there should always be a chance of circuits burning out. The check that made the circuit versus 1d20+10+the number of ebbs. We obviously can't have a die rolling for every circuit every round. Eh.

Very nice wording with the irradiator.

Hooray for ozodrin prc!!
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2013-12-08 at 05:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: The Queen of Hearts
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    A constructivist PrC
    Hurray.

Spoiler
    Show

Image credit Alice Yuric of deviantart.com[/center]
    ... This is beautiful... By god... What the hell Third...?

Requirements: To become a Queen (or King) of Hears you must meet all of the following requirements.
    Gramarie: Any two CONT principles, one of which must be CONT 266
    Skills: Perform (Keyboard Instruments) 10, Knowledge (the planes) 10 ranks
    Specialization: Must be specialized in Constructivity
    Special: must have the Primary stomach class feature.
    I'm the King of Hears

Hit Die: d6
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Class Skills: The Queen of Hearts' class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Concentration (Con), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (architecture and engineering) (Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Knowledge (psionics) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
    Middle grounded between the Ozodrin and the Gramarist. Well done.

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: A Queen of Hearts gains no additional weapon or armour proficiencies.
    Die.

Form Points (Ex): A queen of hearts gains a number of form points equal to its class level.
    The total number of form points gained, are significantly decreased from their normal straight Ozodrin. Much balance, Such Heart, Wow.

Features (Ex): A Queen of Hearts class levels stack with its ozodrin levels for determining what features and augments it has access to, as well as the number of feature granted attacks it can make in a round. In addition it gains three feature not normally available to the ozodrin (Heart; Heartless; and Kingdom Hearts). Details spoiled below.
    ... What about the Heart of the Cards?

Queen of Hearts' features
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heart: Cost - 3
    Appearance: A heart is normally formed inside the Queen of Hearts appears as a pulsing bloated piece of flesh in its skin. The heart has metallic traces of the material associated with the element, thus a fire heart has traces of iron.
    Required level: Queen of Hearts 3
    Benefit: The heart beats at an irregular pace, and has a small elemental bound to it. A heart of this kind produces half the ebbs that a heart created with CONT 101 would, but as long as it is formed it doesn't consume material from the Queen of Hearts. At any point a Queen of Hearts might have a number of Hearts equal to half her Queen of Hearts level.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Organic Keyboard: Cost - X
    This feature cost is equal to the number of Hearts that a Queen of Hearts has. As a move action the Queen of Hearts can make a perform (keyboard instruments) check to "play" with her heart(s). If she does so she can transmit the ebbs produced by them to any piece of grammarie she is touching. The Queen of Hearts cannot use this augment any time she would be denied her Dexterity bonus to AC.
    Touched Feelings: Cost - 2
    The Queen of Hearts gains resistance 5 to the element associated with the heart to which this augment is added.
    Beacon of Beats: Cost - 2
    Requires level 5: The Queen of Hearts can form a Heart inside her stomach(s), anyone/anything present in her stomach gains the effects of the Heart (for example if the Heart has the Touched Feelings (Fire) augment all creatures inside the Queen of Hearts stomach gain fire resistance 5). The Queen of Hearts can use the Organic Keyboard augment to transfer ebbs produced by her hearts to any gramarie contraption in any of her stomachs.
    Strong Feelings: Cost - 3
    Requires level 6, requires the Touched Feelings augment: The Queen of Hearts resistance improves to the Queen of Hearts level + the number of Hearts that she has shaped.
    Voracious Feelings: Cost - 3
    Requires level 6, requires the Touched Feelings augment: If the Queen of Hearts resist elemental damage due to any of its Hearts, she gains 1/3 of the HP that she would have suffered if she hadn't resisted them.
    Love Mixture: Cost - 5
    Requires level 7, requires at least 1 CONT principle of Doctorate level: The Queen of Hearts can now form Hearts from paraelemental planes. If she applies, Any "Feeling" augments it applies to such a heart has its cost increased by 2, but it grants the benefits to the two elements.
    Ups and Downs Mixture: Cost - 5
    Requires level 7, requires at least 1 CONT principle of Doctorate level, requires access to the Highways and Stairways discovery: The Queen of Hearts can now form Hearts from quasielemental planes. If she applies, Any "Feeling" augments it applies to such a heart has its cost increased by 2, but it grants the benefits to the two elements.
    Organic Virtuoso: Cost 5
    Requires level 8, requires Organic Keyboard: The Queen of Hearts can play her hearts even when she would be denied her Dexterity bonus, in addition if she is not denied of her Dexterity bonus she can use this ability as a swift action instead of a move action.
    Big Heart: Cost X
    Requires level 8: The cost of this augment is equal to the associated material normally consumed for medium (or larger) elementals described in the Constructivy discipline. With this augment the Queen of Hearts can bind bigger elementals to her hearts.
    Hard Feelings: Cost - 6
    Requires level 9, requires the Strong Feelings augment: The Queen of Hearts resistance improves to energy immunity.
    Organic Maestro: Cost 10
    Requires level 10, requires Organic Virtuoso: The Queen of Hearts can play her hearts even when unconscious and up to a number of rounds equal to the number of Hearts she has after dying.
    Well once we figure out the benefits for Heartless and Kingdom Hearts, we'll be up and running, won't we?

Strange Pulse (Ex) Strange patrons whisper secrets. At 2nd level and every two levels thereafter the Queen of Hearts gains access to a Discovery of Constructivity.
    This class feature is worthless because of a surprising lack of Discoveries

Farfection: At 5th level the Queen of Hearts gains the ability to create constructive Hearts infused with the essence of the far realms. To do this the Queen of Hearts needs Biostructure of the materials necessary for the construction of her Constructive Heart. This Farfected Hearts pulse with life at irregular intervals, instead of producing ebbs every 10 rounds this Constructive Hearts produce ebbs once every 1d10 rounds, a Constructive Heart created in this manner cannot have more ebbs that it could have otherwise.
    You should probably note that this otherwise is treated as a new principle in and of itself since it appears to be what you wanted.

Queen of Hearts: At 10th level the Queen of Hearts is more in tune with any Heart it has created, be it those in her person or those far away. The number of Heart features that she can have increases to her class level, any augment that she applies to any of her heart features has its cost reduced by 1 to a minimum of 1.
    In addition the Queen of Hearts can use its heart features in any Constructive Heart she has created with the Farfection ability, if she does so and applies the Organic Keyboard (or any of the augments that improve that ability) to it she can regulate the flow of ebbs from the heart regardless of distance
    I'm a bit confused on this ability. Regardless, having a class feature share the name of a class, might be a bit confusing.

Lovely little PrC and balanced to a sense, but there are small flaws that should be ironed out.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

9. - Top - End - #1239

What do people think of a gramarie competition? I don't know if it's happened before, but it seems like something we should be doing.

My idea so far is each person gets two level 20 characters to build however they chose, and unlimited time (unless that's a problem). Each competition has a different theme and differing criteria. I don't want to get much more specific because it would hurt creativity, plus I'm making this up as I go.

Potential competition:
    (I'm not being incredibly legal with all of my instructions, so I'm sure this isn't perfect, but it should serve as an idea)
    Build a structure in which both of your gramarists can fit. This structure must complete the following events.

1. Scavenger hunt!
    Each team makes one object which is shown to all other teams. The structures each have one minute to hide their object (after one minute they are teleported back and the object falls to the ground). The teams hide object sequentially, so they cannot see other teams hiding, nor is it possible to locate an object during the hiding phase. The structures then look for an object from one of the opposing teams, and are scored based on the order they return in.

This is probably not doable, since someone would have to determine detailed terrain of everywhere.

2. Obstacle course!
    Space is abstracted into one tunnel of 60ft width and height, and 600ft per length, per team. Each team has one day to create obstacles in one tunnel (before the first event, so they don't know their opposition). The same structures are assigned a random tunnel from their opposition, and race from their starting side to the other end.

3. Kill each other!
    Much more straight forward.

Not relevant, but this is a very nice image for one of the biollurgy things being made
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: The Irc keeps disconnecting me! Rawr!!
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2013-12-08 at 09:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

What do people think of a gramarie competition? I don't know if it's happened before, but it seems like something we should be doing.
    GREAT IDEA! Glad I thought of it

Effectively, we take 3 characters. 2 10th level Warmakers and a 20th level Gramarist with all 6 Biollurgy feats, 9 other principles that are randomly selected for everyone to use (a sort of "secret ingredient") and a Artificial Fleshshaping as a bonus discovery for free. No theories. Each team makes a single giant robot to a specific height and duke it out, until one party is dead and then duke it out

You may build your characters as necessary, however your Gramarist must know the requisite principles. After that you may do however you please to design your mecha.

We shall call it... Atlantic Rim!
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

11. - Top - End - #1241

I made a build combining the Queen of Hearts ability to generate ebbs, with the Puissamancist's ability to route ebbs around and burn them for bonuses in combat.

2Ozodrin
    4Puissamancist (specialized in constructivity)
    4Dementianeer
    10Queen of hearts

It's nothing deep or technical, but it is a fleshy abberant battle gramarist.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

I made a build combining the Queen of Hearts ability to generate ebbs, with the Puissamancist's ability to route ebbs around and burn them for bonuses in combat.

2Ozodrin
    4Puissamancist (specialized in constructivity)
    4Dementianeer
    10Queen of hearts

It's nothing deep or technical, but it is a fleshy abberant battle gramarist.
    It still looks fun to play and I'm happy you like the class enough to use it.

13. - Top - End - #1243

NecromancerGuy

I've only answered some of the comments; I'll answer the rest later.

By battery I've been meaning anything that could hold ebbs, so I would consider creature's batteries. I'm imagining ebbs to repel the flow of other ebbs. Or to put another way, the potential of an empty reserve or battery has a lot more potential, and that leads to more pull.
    While this makes sense, you can't refer to them as batteries, since they are creatures. I can understand why a depleted personal reserve could draw more ebbs, but in other instances, it is hard to define batteries.

Ehm. Released puissance attracts other released puissance? That makes sense (kind of, it actually the opposite of what I'd originally intended) but sounds very hard to implement. If you release two ebbs into the air with nothing else attracting them, they would orbit around each other or collide.
    What meant was that if a tranformer produces two ebbs to be sent to an output, and two more ebbs come from the field emitter, they would join into a single group of four to the output. You don't just get free, floating ebbs (they dissipate if left unattended).

Nono, I read that. It's just that it specifically states that it must enter a device which can process ebbs, instead of any device which can receive ebbs. That would make it incompatible with battery storage, creature reserves, or depending on interpretation, any device that requires ebbs to run.
    I see what you're saying. Will change.

Yes! I'm so joining this! (even though I'll lose...)

As far as rules, I think that we should have each player build two lvl 20 characters using only classes from this thread (so PrCs are in). Then they kill the others. Simple, free-form and (hopefully) effective.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Firbolg in the Playground

Voidwalker: Found drifting in the void every few hundred years, the Voidwalkers are powerful artifacts.

Each appears to be a completely smooth "true black" monolith, fifteen feet long and five feet wide. Along each side is symbol that is incomprehensible and unable to be deciphered with science.

These monoliths generate a "Reforging Field" to a radius of 30 ft. when inactive, and the radius increases by another 30 ft. with every 2.7 ebbs sent into the monolith. A reforging field has two effects, any sentient creature within must make a Will Save (DC 5) every full hour or lose their memory from when they last entered a Reforging field. The other effect is how World Shards react to their presence.

Any 5ft. cube of a World Shard that is inside of a Reforging field become stabilized while it is inside the field. While stabilized, a World Shard can be passed through into whichever Pre-Calamity Universe exists on the other-side.

Caster Level: 108th; Weight: 1/100 lb
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

15. - Top - End - #1245

NecromancerGuy

And now I reply to the rest!

I'll take your word for it. Since I've never spent much time actually gramarizing, I don't what is a fair amount of ebbs at any level.
    No, what I mean is that the device cannot actually process more ebbs than it normally can, regardless of how many are stored. I'll specify this in the description.

Oh, ok. I had been thinking key skill as a representation of how well refined the ebbs are. I think your way works as well or better.
    It's more a representation of the speed at which the refractors operate, similar to arcanodynamic transformers.

Done. This is kind of different, but worth thinking about. Normal ebbs are neutral. You can apply a positive or negative charge on an ebb (this means ebb/anti-ebb would have to go). Positive ebbs and negative ebbs both explode on contact with neutral ebbs, and explode doubly so with ebbs of the opposite polarity, taking out neutral ebbs in the process and dealing more damage. Same charges repel, Differing charges attract. I'm not sure if I like this more or less than the initial idea. This would change the name to positive charged ebb or negative charged ebb.

Then add differing amounts of pull so negatively charged ebbs are pulled twice as hard to items containing positive ebbs.
    I'll write this up properly in a few hours; it'll probably end up as two different refractors.

I think we're misunderstanding each other. What are the two components exactly?
    I was just saying that we would call our devices refractors, and then you said that they would all act as laser-beams as well as ebb-converters, which I'm saying doesn't work, because the field emitter already directs ebbs, and in a way which clashes with laser-beam.

Oh, just that is what was recommended when the discipline came up in conversation.
    Conversation where?

Oh, actually another way. If we keep things to only ebbs and anti-ebbs, we could have multiple objects with anti-ebbs repel one another.
    I prefer your other way, but largely for fluff reasons.

This is going to be a very expensive discipline if we're making everything out of rubies and diamonds.
    Only the doctorate principles, by which point you should be able to produce all the materials anyway, and acts as a sort-of downside.

I think the ruby should be for the laser, since real life lasers use rubies I think.
    Maybe, but I think rubies are too expensive for magisterial (which is what laser beam should be).

The amplifier doesn't have a downside. Are we still having it burn out circuits? I like that idea because it means people could have a lot of parallel circuits to deal with the problem, or have it replace fuses.
    I'll add that downside back in; I just forgot (that's what happens when you do work in the evenings).

Thinking aloud: Maybe, any time you're using amplified ebbs, there should always be a chance of circuits burning out. The check that made the circuit versus 1d20+10+the number of ebbs. We obviously can't have a die rolling for every circuit every round. Eh.
    This check should also be made by any device which receives ebbs. Rather than 1d20+10+number of ebbs, it should be 1d20-10+number of ebbs, since this would mean that a fully supplied device would have a 50:50 chance of breaking.

Very nice wording with the irradiator.
    Praise make Rolep happy!
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

16. - Top - End - #1246

I was just saying that we would call our devices refractors, and then you said that they would all act as laser-beams as well as ebb-converters, which I'm saying doesn't work, because the field emitter already directs ebbs, and in a way which clashes with laser-beam.
    Ohnonono. I was trying to say, the specific refractor that turns ebbs into a laser, would be able to direct the ebbs in any direction. All of the other refractors naturally cannot.

Conversation where?
    Earlier in the thread Grek suggested something, and it was a minor subject on the irc for a few minutes.

I have more to say, but I have to go, and I won't be back till unfortunately late this afternoon.

17. - Top - End - #1247

NecromancerGuy

Right now I'm going to write up the laser-beam (now that that discussion has been sorted), as well as write up possibilities for changing how the field emitter is directed (so that it targets empty batteries rather than full ones) and protebbs and electrebbs (poisitive ebbs and negative ebbs).

EDIT: I've updated the refractor list with the ray emitter refractor, and I've modified the amplifier to have potential backlash. Below, I'll post the re-wroked polariser and field emitter, so that we can decide if they are better before we replace the originals with them.

Spoiler: These have been added to main post.
    Show
    Field Emitter (Re-worded): This refractor is designed from quartz and makes all ebbs that pass through glow an incandescent blue as if in an oxidising flame. Ebbs that it refracts become arcs, enfused with latent puissant energy and getting released into the surroundings. Arcs are attracted to the most powerful nearby sources of potential gramaric energy. Every object has a ‘puissant pull’, which is 0 unless any of the following conditions are met:
    It is a gramaric device, in which case it has a pull equal to its appropriate skill check.
    It can store ebbs (e.g. an orichalcum battery or a creature with a puissemantic reserve), in which case it has a puissant pull equal to the difference between the number of ebbs that it is holding and the maximum that it can hold (creatures with puissemantic reserves treat their maximum as twice their full reserve value).
    If a single object fulfils more than one of these criteria (e.g. it’s a biollurgical chassis), add the values together to determine the total puissant pull of the object.
    The puissant pull is divided by the number of five-foot intervals (rounded up, minimum 1) between object and the arcs to give the effective pull. The arcs are then distributed amongst these objects with the following priority: supply the object with the largest effective pull with half of the arcs, the object with the next largest effective pull with one quarter, the object with the next largest effective pull with one eighth, and so on, rounding down any fractions. All remaining arcs are then supplied to the object with the largest effective pull.

Polariser (re-worded): Polarisers are refractors that give an ebb a charge. There are two types of charge, positive and negative, and each is formed by a different refractor:
    Positive Polariser (+Pole): This refractor is designed from white opal and makes all ebbs that pass through it grow a pale, milky white. Ebbs that it refracts become ‘protebbs’ and gain a positive charge.
    Negative Polariser (-Pole): This refractor is designed from onyx and makes all ebbs that pass through it radiate pure darkness. Ebbs that it refracts become ‘electrebbs’, gaining a negative charge.
    Charged ebbs are highly reactive, annihilating on contact with other ebbs. Whenever charged ebbs are in contact with ebbs of a different charge (treat ebbs with no charge as different from protebbs and electrebbs), a number of charged ebbs equal to the number of ebbs of different charge are destroyed, and a number of ebbs of different charge equal to the number of charged ebbs are destroyed. This destruction produces an explosion which deals hellfire damage to everything within a 10 foot radius equal to 1d6 per charged ebb destroyed. Thus, protebbs and electrebbs colliding are more deadly than charged ebbs colliding with uncharged ebbs. Ebbs are considered to be in contact when they are part of the same circuit, or stored in or supplied to the same gramaric device.
    Charged ebbs exert a force on each other. Any device or creature storing charged ebbs feels a force from all other devices or creatures storing charged ebbs, with a value in push equal to (the number of charged ebbs in device/creature A multiplied by the number of charged ebbs in device/creature B) divided by the number of feet between the two devices/creatures. If one charge is positive and one negative, the force is attractive, but if both are positive or both are negative, the force is repulsive).
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-12-10 at 02:49 AM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

The following constitutes my ideas for [Military Science] principles thus far:

ALCH 100 Spiritual Distillations: Distills a sample of planetary metal into a dose of alcohol; drinkers are treated as if they were made from that metal for gramaric purposes for the next 24 hours. The drinker inherits any principles prepared onto the sample for the same duration. Also allows you to use ALCH 112 to transmute between blood (DC 10), ale (DC 15), wine (DC 20) and spirits (DC 25) if you have it.

ALCH 200 Materiel Sciences: Argues the properties of Energy Resistance, Damage Reduction, Spell Resistance and Sharpness into materials; these benefits are conferred upon the user if the material is used for armour or weapons.

ALCH 300 Tactical Speechwriting: Prepares a special form of alchemetric blueprint known as a speech. Each speech is tied to a specific location and a specific astrological event. An alchemetric argument may be prepared from an appropriate speech in one minute by any literate speaker, but only during the six hours leading up to the astronomic event referenced by the speech and only within a one mile radius chosen when the speech was written.

ARCD 100 Emotional Alternations: Allows the creation of stone transformers to channel violence and bone transformers to fear. Stone inputs create sanctuaries within their nets while stone outputs induce rages. The net of a bone input causes immunity to fear and bone outputs frighten those they directed at.

ARCD 200 Enhanced Interrogations: Allows the creation of paper transformers to channel truth and wax transformers to channel suffering. A paper input creates a glibness effect within the net while the output acts as a zone of truth. Wax inputs absorb fatigue, exhaustion and non-lethal damage while wax outputs produce arcs of pure pain in the form of non-lethal damage.

ARCD 300 Patriotic Pulsations: Allows the creation of onyx transformers to channel death and mithril transformers to channel glory. Onyx inputs cause all that die inside the net to become ghosts devoted to destroying the transformer. Onyx outputs kill people as a [Death] effect. Mithril inputs attract glory (mimicking the effects of legend lore) while the outputs cause heroism and delusions of grandeur.

ELDK 100 Applied Logistatics: Builds rails on which to run your engines. Rails cost a cubic foot of wood and 1 pound of material per 5 foot section of railway. The Push output of an engine made from the same material as the rail is increased by 50% while traveling along the rail.

ELDK 200 Rocket Science: Builds Rocket Engines and Parachutes.
    -A rocket engine uses oil for fuel and is made from brass. One gallon of oil will create 5000 push, but destroy the engine in the process. It can also be powered by 10 ebbs.
    -A parachute is made from cloth, requires no fuel at all and (once deployed) produces 125 push in the opposite direction from which the vehicle is moving.

ELDK 300 Nonstandard Deployments: Builds Calling Engines and Astral Engines:
    -A calling engine uses wine for fuel and is made from gold. It requires 10 gallons of wine per minute of operation and produces 250 points of Push per round. Instead of effecting the object it is attached to, a calling engine applies its push to another calling engine within line of sight, pulling the second engine toward the first. It can also be powered with 30 ebbs per round.
    -An astral engine uses pearls for fuel and is made from platinum. It requires one pound of pearls per minute of astral projection and produces an effective Push of 250 per round. The engine itself does not move; instead it must create enough push to move everything at a rate of 30' per round in order to function. While active, everything attached to the engine begins to astrally project, as per the spell. The destination, if any, of the astral projection is controlled using the engine's control system or as a logical decision. This astral projection only lasts for as long as the engine remains powered. It can also be powered with 30 ebbs per round.

YGGD 100 Reflective Geometry: This principle exchanges the images reflected by the two glass surfaces targeted, transforming them into scrying glasses. The two surfaces must be identical in both size and shape for this principle to work. A creature looking into one glass sees the image reflected by the other glass, allowing it to effectively look into one and out the other. A scrying glass may only display the reflection from one glass at a time and may only have its own reflection displayed in one glass at a time: if a gramarist tries to prepare this principle on a preexisting scrying glass, they exchange whatever images the glasses are currently displaying, not their "natural" reflections. The glass surfaces used for this principle may be either flat or curved. Flat images tend to offer a better reflection, with fewer distorted or inverted images, while curved glasses offer a wider field of vision.

YGGD 200 Inconstant Cosmology: This principle works as YGGD 212, except that it allows the following fluxes instead:
    -The antithuergic flux functions as an antimagic field.
    -The density flux, which allows increases or decreases the strength of gravity by a factor of up to one tenth your Forgery check. Each doubling (or halving) of gravity doubles (or halves) falling damage and doubles (or halves) the weights of all items and creatures within the flux. Each doubling (or halving) of gravity halves (or doubles) the range increment on all weapons and applies a cumulative circumstance penalty of -2 (or bonus of +2) to Climb and Jump checks. Regardless of whether gravity is increased or decreased, all creatures within a density flux take a fixed circumstance penalty of -2 to all attack rolls and to Balance, Ride, Swim, and Tumble checks.

YGGD 300 Thanatopic Pathways: This principle requires YGGD 353 and targets a demiplane you have created, transforming it into a possible afterlife for the souls of deceased creatures. Once a demiplane becomes an afterlife, any creature that meets the requirements set forth by the gramarist who prepared this principle (defaulting to "any creature aware of the demiplane's existence" if no stricter requirements exist) may choose to become a petitioner on the demiplane when they die. The creature's soul is transported to the demiplane and gains the petitioner template, gaining the Outsider type and Planar Commitment trait as appropriate. Unlike most petitioners, these creatures retain their memories of life and gain the Native subtype, allowing them to be resurrected normally.
    Last edited by Grek; 2013-12-09 at 02:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ettin in the Playground

Those are awesomely cool ideas, I specially like ARCD 200 since I can see several uses for it (I'm a terrible terrible man). I would make it work with symbol of pain and other debilitating pain effects though.

The idea of ELDK 100 is also awesometastic. The YGD 300 is a cool way of creating valhalla and I approve.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Do people see any merit for creating ceramic and polymer principles, completing the Mat. Eng. component of Gramarie? Or do you think that would be too much?

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ettin in the Playground

I would say that it is going too specific but if you brew something I'll give it a look

BTW Queen of Hearts is mostly done (only kingdom hearts feature to go)
    Last edited by thethird; 2013-12-09 at 05:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Halfling in the Playground

Just a couple of quick ideas for agritecture, posting from work.

Based on real plant behaviour.
    Plant signalling between plants: Increase damage resistance for one plant in response to anther plant being attacked.

Plant signalling to beneficial organisms: automaticall summons help.

Mutual symbiosis: Plant provides home/food for protective vermin swarm.

Tuber/Bulb: PLant has chance to regrow if destroyed
    Marvel at my IMPRESSIVE (and Expensive) collection of Discworld Books!!!

23. - Top - End - #1253

@Grek, it's really funny because I made quite a few things like your tracks and parachute earlier, but abandoned the idea. I had a lot of alternatives for eldrikinetics like legs, wheels and treads. I also had something similar to your calling engine, except it applied equal amounts of push on itself and any object it was pointed at. That way it could act as a tractor beam, or a grappling hook, depending on the relative bulks.

Field Emitter (Re-worded):
    I can't see anything I would change.

Polariser (re-worded):
    The terms protebbs and electrebbs have got to go. That is not ok. I like light ebbs and dark ebbs, or simply positve and negative ebbs shortened to +ebb and -ebb.

As for the actual mechanics (I'm aware I made them so this is no criticism to you), consider light and dark ebbs not exploding on contact with neutral ebbs. That stops the charge from being overpowered, allowing it to safely come down to magisterial. Light and dark ebbs can still be used to explode, and still destroy one neutral ebb along with the light and dark ebbs, but it would be less of a death cannon. Emp grenades are still possible, but you need to use up twice as much of your own power to destroy theirs. This system also means you can have magnets without everyone easily being a potential bomb.

Do you want me to rewrite things, or are we good with your version being final? I'd probably just shorten bits and reorganize occasionally, but your version could easily be final.

24. - Top - End - #1254

Draft for first principle... I honestly hate the wording right now...

Divinatory
    “People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.”
    Spoiler
    Show

Existence is simply how the world reacts to whatever just happened, which was based on what happened before that and what happened before that. Thus, by observing the current existence you can theorize what will and has happened.

Divinatory ? Any piece of equipment like this counts as masterwork and provides a +2 circumstance bonus on the Gather Information check made to prepare a Divinatory principle. There are stories about ?, ?.

Key Skill: Gather Information

DIVT 101: Intro to Divinatory
    Grade: Baccalaureate
    Prerequisites: None
    Target: Spatial Reference
    Preparation Time: 30 minutes

This principle creates a bubble called a Theoretical Lens, this is an intangible field which has the appearance of glass on it's perimeter. While being prepared the creator must choose a Unit of Time (Years, Days, Hours, etc.) and make Gather Information check, with a number up to the check result equaling how many units of time the Theoretical Lens can gaze backwards.

Whenever an ebb is sent into a Theoretical Lens, the inside perimeter of the Lens changes to match what occurred one unit of time ago. This allows all senses of individuals inside the Lens to perceive what occurred at the unit of time, as if they were standing were they are currently at that time, though individuals inside of the lens cannot sense anything outside the Lens.

If enough ebbs are sent into the Theoretical Lens which would go over it's maximum amount of distance from the present (determined by the Gather Information check), then it returns to show what is occurring in the present. The Theoretical Lens also resets to show the present if their are no creatures inside of it's bubble for an entire round.

Discoveries:
    ?: ?

Theories:

Feats

Prc
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1255

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by grek
    The following constitutes my ideas for [Military Science] principles thus far:
    I like these (even though we do not yet know what MS principles are even supposed ot be like)!

I can't see anything I would change.
    That seems good.

The terms protebbs and electrebbs have got to go. That is not ok. I like light ebbs and dark ebbs, or simply positve and negative ebbs shortened to +ebb and -ebb.
    I was trying to thuink of a more inventive name, but it didn't work (I like them less than you do). This is changing.

As for the actual mechanics (I'm aware I made them so this is no criticism to you), consider light and dark ebbs not exploding on contact with neutral ebbs. That stops the charge from being overpowered, allowing it to safely come down to magisterial. Light and dark ebbs can still be used to explode, and still destroy one neutral ebb along with the light and dark ebbs, but it would be less of a death cannon. Emp grenades are still possible, but you need to use up twice as much of your own power to destroy theirs. This system also means you can have magnets without everyone easily being a potential bomb.
    I like the idea that (just like IRL) touching the circuitry is highly dangerous, as is suffering short circuits. I don't find it overpowered; there's nothing wrong with doctorate principles deserving to be doctorate (and the things that this refractor can do deserve to be doctorate IMHO). The challenge with emps with your rules is that you need two semi-spaces, one containing +wisps and the other -wisps, which are then pulled into the same heuristic circuit using rabbit hole; basically, it's way too much effort to make them portable, since the +wisps and -wisps cannot be stored in th same place.

Do you want me to rewrite things, or are we good with your version being final? I'd probably just shorten bits and reorganize occasionally, but your version could easily be final.
    If you don't mind, I would like to proof-read them myself later today (and tidy up my shoddy wording into something presentable), and then once I've done that I'll say and you can re-write/edit them into something usable (at which point this debate will turn into petty arguments over grammar and syntax, knowing me ).

On another note, I'm editing the re-worded refractors into the original post, since in both cases they're going to replace the originals (though the polariser is still a subject of debate).

EDIT: What do you think of the ray emitter and the backlash on the amplifier?
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-12-10 at 02:52 AM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

26. - Top - End - #1256

Could you explain fusion separation? Is that necessary, or could you keep the ebbs linked together and ignore the downside? Also I would say when entering a creature it simply counts as 3 ebbs.

Sorry I don't have much time in the mornings, I can't write anything very detailed right now.

The ray emitter looks fully functional.

27. - Top - End - #1257

NecromancerGuy

Could you explain fusion separation? Is that necessary, or could you keep the ebbs linked together and ignore the downside? Also I would say when entering a creature it simply counts as 3 ebbs.
    It isn't necessary; you can choose to not have them separate. I'll give it better wording when I edit.

Sorry I don't have much time in the mornings, I can't write anything very detailed right now.
    That's fine! I just post whenever I have stuff to post. I don't expect an immediate reply or anything.

The ray emitter looks fully functional.
    Good.

EDIT: In retrospect, I think that things would be best if you just went straight into re-wording them. I'll leave them to you!
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-12-10 at 01:02 PM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

28. - Top - End - #1258

Puissamantics

Key skill: Spellcraft

PUIS 101: Intro to Puissamantics
    Grade: Baccaleurete
    Target: 1 cubic foot of amber
    Preparation Time: 1 hour

This principle transforms a raw material into a puissamantic refractor. Refractors are carefully cut and crafted gemstone lenses that alter puissance, assigning it unusual properties distinct to each type of gemstone. When they are first prepared, the preparer must make a Spellcraft check. A refractor may not process more ebbs in a single round than the result of this check.

Anyone touching a refractor can turn its processing on or off with a standard action. These are also logical decisions that can be made in a circuit connected to the refractor.

This particular principle allows you to create capacitors.

Capacitor: This refractor is crafted from amber and causes all of the ebbs that it refracts to glow an eerie, dark purple that fades and swells erratically. Ebbs that it refracts become potential ebbs or ‘wisps’, sealing their latent energy away into a dormant state. When wisps enter an object that would immediately process ebbs, they may rest dormant within the device rather than being used. Upon the reception of a physical command (a standard action by an adjacent creature) or heuristic command, a portion of the wisps (decided by the command) is supplied to the device, which acts as if it has just been supplied an identical number of ordinary ebbs. Wisps count against any limit to the number of ebbs processed in a round. If the device processes any ebbs besides wisps, while storing wisps, the stored wisps are immediately lost into the aether. Wisps that pass through capacitors are neutralized further, and dissipate into the aether rather than being processed. Furthermore, any single device cannot hold more wisps at any one time than five times its appropriate skill check; any excess wisps dissipate into the aether.

A cubic foot of amber weighs about 70lb and costs about 75 gp.

PUIS 149: Uncontrolled Emissions [Specialist]
    Grade: Baccaleurete
    Prerequisites: Spellcraft 4 ranks
    Target: 1 cubic foot of quartz

This principle works like PUIS 101, except that it allows you to make field emitters in addition to the other refractors you know.

Field Emitter: This refractor is formed from quartz and makes all ebbs that pass through it glow an incandescent blue as if in an oxidising flame. Refracted ebbs are released into the air and arc towards the most powerful nearby sources of potential gramaric energy. Every object has a ‘puissant pull’, which is 0 unless any of the following conditions are met:

It is a gramaric device, in which case it has a pull equal to the skill check used to create it.

It can store ebbs (e.g. an orichalcum battery or a creature with a puissemantic reserve), in which case it has a puissant pull equal to the difference between the number of ebbs that it is holding and the maximum that it can hold (a living creature's maximum is considered to be twice their full reserve value).

If a single object fulfills more than one of these criteria (for example a biollurgical chassis), add the values together to determine the total puissant pull of the object.

The puissant pull is then divided by the number of five-foot intervals (rounded up, minimum 1) between the object and the field emitter to give the effective pull. The arcs are then distributed amongst these objects with the following priority: supply the object with the largest effective pull with half of the arcs, the object with the next largest effective pull with one quarter, the object with the next largest effective pull with one eighth, and so on, rounding down any fractions. All remaining arcs are then supplied to the object with the largest effective pull.

A cubic foot of quartz weighs about 165lb and costs about 50 gp.

PUIS 137:Puissamantic Craftsmanship [Military Science]
    Prerequisites: PUIS 101, Spellcraft 4 ranks
    Target: 1 cubic foot of garnet

This principle works like PUIS 101, except that it allows you to make enhancers in addition to the other refractors you know.

Enhancer: This refractor is designed from garnet and makes all ebbs that pass through it appear solid and material, with the silver-blue sheen of tempered steel. Ebbs that it refracts can be supplied to an armour, shield or weapon as if it were a gramaric device. Each such item can hold a maximum of twice your Spellcraft check in ebbs. Ebbs supplied to said items can never again be moved to another destination. The item supplied with ebbs gains an enhancement bonus (or weapon or armour special abilities with a cost measured in enhancement bonuses) with a maximum bonus (including bonuses that the item already possessed) equal to 1/10 of your spellcraft check. Every time the item benefits from its enhancement bonus (for example when attacking with a weapon), the item loses a number of ebbs equal to the enhancement bonus granted by the ebbs.

A cubic foot of garnet weighs about 140lb and costs about 125 gp.

PUIS 206: Stabilized Decay
    Grade: Magisterial
    Prerequisites: PUIS 101, Spellcraft 8 ranks
    Target: 1 cubic foot of tourmaline

This principle works like PUIS 101, except that it allows you to make solidifiers in addition to the other refractors you know.

Solidifier: This refractor is made from tourmaline and makes all ebbs it refracts into a compressed, floating sphere which shines a steady, unwavering royal blue. Ebbs that it refracts come together into a single structure, called a ‘mass’, which lasts for a long period of time but releases its energy slowly. No new ebbs can be added to a mass once it has been created, nor can any ebbs be removed from a mass. A mass, though resembling a structure, is not solid, and cannot be picked up or physically handled; it is transported as normal for puissance. When a mass is processed by a device, it remains intact, rather than being consumed, so that it may continue to be transported to other devices. It may never be processed by the same device more than once in a single round. When processed it provides ebbs equal to one-tenth of the number of ebbs in the mass for all purposes, though no ebbs are removed from the mass. It naturally decomposes into the aether after it has been processed more times than 1/10th the Spellcraft check.

A cubic foot of tourmaline weighs about 190lb and costs about 2500 gp.

PUIS 266: Energized Kinetics [Specialist]
    Target: 1 cubic foot of topaz or pearl

This principle works like PUIS 101, except that it allows you to make ray emitters and ray reflectors in addition to the other refractors you know.

Ray Emitter: This refractor is designed from topaz and makes all ebbs that pass through it glow a vibrant yellow and begin to vibrate incessantly. Ebbs that it refracts gain vast kinetic energy and can be fired outside of a circuit in a perfectly straight stream. The ray emitter must be pointed in a particular direction, either by a creature or a heuristic circuit. The refracted ebbs are emitted as a ray in that direction, travelling in a straight line until they encounter an obstacle. If the obstacle is a gramaric device that can receive ebbs, or a creature, it receives the emitted ebbs; otherwise, the ebbs dissipate into the aether. The ebbs also dissipate if they travel for a number of miles equal to the Spellcraft check without encountering an obstacle.

Ray Reflector: This refractor is designed from pearl and redirects all rays passing through it. The ray reflector must be pointed in a particular direction, either by a creature or a heuristic circuit. If any ray touches a ray reflector, they are redirected in whichever direction the reflector is pointing.

A cubic foot of topaz or pearl weighs about 2200lb and costs about 2000 gp.

PUIS 259: Forced Destabilization [Military Science]
    Target: 1 cubic foot of opal

This principle works like PUIS 101, except that it allows you to make irradiators in addition to the other refractors you know.

Irradiator: This refractor is designed from opal and makes all ebbs that pass through it glow a lurid, incarnadine red that pulsates like the beating of a heart. Ebbs that it refracts become highly unstable particles known as ‘pulsants’, which constantly emit dangerous radiomantic waves. When a pulsant is supplied to a gramaric device, it is processed normally, like an ebb. However, the transformation is dangerous, causing the device to explode after processing the pulsants. The explosion affects everything within a radius of 5 feet per pulsant processed, and deals hellfire damage equal to the number of pulsants processed, plus negative levels equal to 1/20 the number of pulsants processed. A successful fortitude save against a DC equal to your spellcraft check halves the hellfire damage and negates the negative level damage.

A cubic foot of opal weighs about 130lb and costs about 3750 gp.

PUIS 328: Non-Conservative Charges
    Grade: Doctorate
    Prerequisites: Any three PUIS principles, Spellcraft 15 ranks
    Target: 1 cubic foot of corundum

This principle works like PUIS 101, except that it allows you to make amplifiers in addition to the other refractors you know.

Amplifier: This refractor is designed from corundum and makes all ebbs that pass through it glow so unbearably bright that they are painful to look at directly. Ebbs that it refracts join into pairs called ‘fusions’, storing extra energy in the bonds. If the number of ebbs refracted is an odd number, one ebb is lost during refraction. Both ebbs in the fusion must always be supplied together; they cannot be separated until they are processed. When fusions are processed, they may either be treated as two ebbs normally, or they may be separated, in which case each fusion provides three ebbs of puissance, but is only treated as two ebbs for the purposes of limits to how many ebbs may be supplied to the device each round.

Separating the fusions is a dangerous process, however, so after each round a device separates fusions, it must roll 1d20, subtract ten, and add twice the number of fusions separated that round. If this roll is lower than the device’s appropriate skill check, the fusions are not consumed, instead dissipating, and the device loses any gramaric properties that it may possess.

When fusions are supplied to a creature, they are simply treated as two ebbs.

A cubic foot of corundum weighs about 255lb and costs about 12500 gp.

PUIS 371: Converse Polarization [Specialist]
    Prerequisites: Any four PUIS principles, Spellcraft 15 ranks
    Target: 1 cubic foot of diamond

This principle works like PUIS 101, except that it allows you to make polarisers in addition to the other refractors you know.

Polariser: Polarisers are refractors that give an ebb a charge. There are two types of charge, positive and negative, and each is formed by a different refractor.
    Positive Polariser (+Pole): This refractor is designed from white diamond and makes all ebbs that pass through it grow a pale, milky white. Ebbs that it refracts become ‘+ebbs’ and gain a positive charge.
    Negative Polariser (-Pole): This refractor is designed from black diamond and makes all ebbs that pass through it radiate pure darkness. Ebbs that it refracts become ‘-ebbs’, gaining a negative charge.

Charged ebbs are highly reactive, annihilating other ebbs on contact. Whenever charged ebbs are in contact with any kind of ebb, excluding wisps, of a different charge (treat ebbs with no charge as different from +ebbs and -ebbs), each ebb pairs with an ebb of a differing charge, and both ebbs are destroyed. If there are both +ebbs and -ebbs in contact, they pair with each other before they pair with neutral ebbs. This destruction produces an explosion which deals hellfire damage to everything within a 10 foot radius equal to 1d6 per charged ebb destroyed. Thus, +ebbs and -ebbs colliding are more deadly than charged ebbs colliding with uncharged ebbs. Ebbs are considered to be in contact when they are part of the same circuit, or when they are stored in or supplied to the same gramaric device or reserve.

Charged ebbs exert a force on each other. Any device or creature storing charged ebbs (referred to here as a charged object) feels a force from all other charged objects, with a value in push equal to (the number of charged ebbs in one charged object multiplied by the number of charged ebbs in the second charged object) divided by the number of feet between the two charged objects. If one charge is positive and one negative, the force is attractive, but if both are positive or both are negative, the force is repulsive.

A cubic foot of white or black diamond weighs about 220lb and costs about 200000gp.

PUIS 348:Charged Manifestation [Military Science]
    Prerequisites: Any three PUIS principles, Spellcraft 15 ranks
    Target: 1 cubic foot of jade

This principle works like PUIS 101, except that it allows you to make materialisers in addition to the other refractors you know.

Materialiser: This refractor is designed from jade and makes all ebbs that pass through it drift towards one another and coalesce into a creature of living puissance called a puissance elemental (or ebbemental).

At least 5 ebbs must be processed for the elemental to be created; if less than 5 ebbs are processed, the ebbs merely dissipate into the aether without creating an elemental. The elemental starts with a puissance reserve equal the number of ebbs used to create it. The elemental appears in the nearest unoccupied space to the materialiser and acts under the control of person who has made the highest Spellcraft check on the materialiser.

If you know PUIS 137, elementals created by your materialisers can gain enhancements as if they were a weapon and an armour, draining ebbs directly from their ebb reserve when they benefit from the enhancement bonus.

The elemental's stats are determined by the number of ebbs in their reserve as follows:
    Type: Elemental
    Size: Small + 1 size category per 20 ebbs
    Hit Dice: 1 per 5 ebbs
    Speed: 30ft + 5ft per 10 ebbs
    Base Attack: 1 per 7 ebbs
    Attack: Slam melee (1d4 damage at small; increases with size category)
    Special Attacks: Raw Puissance
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Damage resistance 5 per 30 ebbs/-, elemental traits, Fluid Strength, Puissant Core
    Saves: Fort: 1 per 15 ebbs, Ref: 1 per 15 ebbs, Will: 1 per 15 ebbs
    Abilities: Str 13 + 1 per 10 ebbs, Dex 12 + 1 per 10 ebbs, Con 14 + 1 per 10 ebbs, Int 4 + 1 per 20 ebbs, Wis 11, Cha 11
    Skills: (2 + Int modifier)x4 + (2 + Int Modifier) per 5 ebbs
    Feats: 1 + 1 per 15 ebbs

Raw Puissance (Ex): If the elemental attacks a gramaric device, they may choose, in lieu of normal damage, to supply a number of ebbs from their reserve to the gramaric device equal to the damage that they would have dealt had it been a normal attack (ignoring the device's hardness and DR).

Fluid Strength: Most of the elemental's stats are determined by the number of ebbs it contains. When the elemental gains or loses ebbs from their reserve, their stats change to reflect the new value.

Puissant Core: The elemental is formed of pure gramaric energy, and does not need to balance their puissamantic energy like most creatures do. The elemental does not receive any bonuses or penalties for having a high or low puissance reserve. Furthermore, the elemental cannot store more ebbs in their reserve than the spellcraft check of the materialiser that created them. Any ebbs past this value dissipate into the aether. Should the elemental's puissance reserve ever reach zero, the elemental fades away and dies (this is not a death effect).

A cubic foot of jade weighs about 175lb and costs about 150000 gp.

Spoiler: Puissamantics Animas
    Show
    PUIS 101: The anima builds up potential puissance for a devastating attack. By spending a move action, you can make all eldritch blasts that you make before the end of your turn deal double damage. This effect does not stack with itself.
    PUIS 137: The anima fuses the energy of the blast into a weapon to deliver a mighty blow. You can deliver your eldritch blast as part of a weapon attack once per round.
    PUIS 149: The anima releases the blast like a pulse, destroying everything in its path; instead of its normal range, it acts as an area effect affecting all squares within twenty feet of you.
    PUIS 206: The anima stabilises the energy of the blast, sealing it into the target. Instead of taking damage normally, the target takes standard eldritch blast damage at the beginning of each of their turns for a number of rounds equal to the number of damage dice dealt by the blast.
    PUIS 259: The anima destabilises the blast’s energy, causing it to create a chain highly energised reactions within the target’s body. The target must make a fortitude save or die.
    PUIS 266: The anima focuses the blast into a single distant point. The blast loses any maximum range, instead gaining a range increment of 1 mile.
    PUIS 328: The anima condenses the blast by fusing its energies into a single point, drawing from your ebb reserve to deal extra damage. The blast deals double damage, but you lose ebbs from your reserve equal to the number of damage dice rolled.
    PUIS 371: The anima polarises the arcane energies of the blast, causing it to attack the target’s very essence. In addition to normal damage, the blast causes the target to lose one ebb from their ebb reserve per point of damage dealt.
    PUIS 348: The anima uses its own energy to give itself a brief semblance of life. The blast forms a medium-sized incorporeal orb within the range of the blast. By sacrificing 1d6 points of damage, the orb can move up to 100 feet. Whenever it passes through a creature’s square, that creature takes damage as though it were just attacked by the blast (accounting for the sacrificed dice). Once the blast loses all of its dice, it dissipates into the aether.

Spoiler: Puissamantics Arts of War
    Show
    PUIS 101: You may activate this art of war as part of an attack of opportunity to cause a wound that does not open until the worst possible moment. When you attack, you may choose not to deal damage against the target. Instead you may deal the damage later as a free action.
    PUIS 149: You may activate this art of war as a full round action to attack every foes within reach. You make a single attack roll and compare it against each foe’s armour class individually.
    PUIS 137: You may activate this art of war as a swift action to enter a stance that allows you to disrupt the flow of ebbs. Whenever ebbs are supplied to or emitted from a component within your reach, you may make an attack of opportunity against them. This attack automatically hits and dissipates one ebb for each point of damage that the attack would normally do.
    PUIS 206: You may activate this art of war as a swift action as part of a bludgeoning attack to deal a devastating blow. The target takes damage equal to the dealt by the attack at the beginning of their turn for a number of rounds equal to your class level.
    PUIS 266: You may activate this art of war as a swift action as part of a melee attack to make the attack at a range with an increment of 100 feet.
    PUIS 259: You may activate this art of war as a swift action as part of an attack to cause the targets body to react explosively to your strike. If your attack hits, the target and every creature within 5 feet (excluding you) takes additional hellfire damage equal to 1d6 per class level.
    PUIS 328: You may activate this art of war as a swift action as part of a full attack. If one of your attacks hits, treat all of them as hitting. The damage dealt is treated as a single attack, regardless of how many attacks hit.
    PUIS 371: You may activate this art of war as a swift action. Your next attack destroys a number of ebbs in the target’s ebb reserve equal to the damage dealt by the attack.
    PUIS 348: You may activate this art of war as a swift action. Your weapon gains the dancing property for the next round.

Spoiler: Puissamantics Discoveries
    Show
    Incalculable Potential: All devices that you build can store twice as many wisps as normal. You can take this discovery multiple times, and it follows mathematical multiplication rules instead of D&D additive multiplicative rules.
    Delayed Reaction: You can set up a time delay on the release of stored wisps. You may command stored wisps to be processed after a given number of rounds, as opposed to immediately after receiving the command.
    Reversed Polarity: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 149. You can choose for your field emitter to instead target areas with very low potential, in which case the inverse of an object’s puissant pull is used when determining the effective pull of that object.
    Targeted Pulse: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 149. You can combine focus and spread to better control puissance fields. You may aim your field emitter at a particular device within a number of feet equal to the field emitter’s Spellcraft check. When said field emitter receives ebbs, it treats the target device as having the greatest effective pull for the purpose of distributing the ebbs.
    Field Intelligence: To learn this discovery you must know HEUR 328. You may create a special E.I. that is only connected to a field emitter. When the field emitter releases ebbs, they are immediately supplied to the E.I., which can send them anywhere within its bubble.
    Hyper-Compressed Mass: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 206. You may choose to create solidifiers that create masses with alternate properties: either masses that provide twice as many ebbs as normal but last half as long, or masses that provide half as many ebbs as normal but last twice as long.
    Global Transmission: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 266. The range of your ray emitters doubles. You can take this discovery multiple times, and it follows mathematical multiplication rules instead of D&D additive multiplicative rules.
    High-Energy Fusion: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 328. You may choose to make extra-powerful amplifiers, though they are very risky to use. These amplifiers create fusions that operate as four ebbs instead of three, but subtract 10 from the check made to see if the device loses its gramaric properties when it processes them.
    Supercharged Puissance: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 371. You may create a special polariser called a superpole. All ebbs that it processes enter a superposition between positive and negative charge. Such charged ebbs, called ‘superebbs’, treat both ebbs of positive and negative charge as ebbs of opposite charge.
    Shielded Circuitry: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 371 and HEUR 101. Your heuristic circuits can provide protection against charged ebbs. Any charged ebbs within the circuit are not considered in contact. This effect can be suppressed or resumed with a logical decision.
    Potent Potential: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 101 and PUIS 137. If you pass ebbs through an enhancer followed by a capacitor, you can store the wisps in an item as if they were ebbs. These wisps act as normal ebbs would, save that the maximum number that can be stored in a single item is equal to five times your Spellcraft check (as opposed to the maximum number of ebbs that can be stored in an item).
    Fickle Fluctuations: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 137. As a standard action or a logical decision, you may change the enhancements granted by ebbs stored in a weapon or armour.
    Delayed Destruction: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 259. You may create pulsants that require extra processing before they decay. Such pulsants do not cause the first device that processes them to explode. However, whenever they are processed after this, they cause the gramaric device that processed them to explode as though they were twice as many pulsants.
    Collapse Circuit: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 259. Your pulsants may also cause heuristic circuits that direct ebbs through their connections to explode as if they were gramaric devices that just processed the pulsants, except that only objects and creatures within the bubble of the heuristic circuit take damage.
    Polarised Symbiosis: To learn this discovery you must know PUIS 348 and PUIS 371. If you supply a materialiser with both +ebbs and –ebbs, they do not annihilate, but instead come together inside the puissance elemental that is created, co-existing stably inside its puissance reserve. As a free action, the elemental can cause any number of +ebbs from their reserve to annihilate with any number of –ebbs from their reserve, causing an explosion as usual. The explosion does no damage to the elemental.

Spoiler: Puissamantics Key Skill Feat:
    Show
    Quantised Puissance [Gramarie]
    Just like the other four forces, puissance is quantised, and the fields that it emits can be harnessed to send signals at a distance.
    Prerequisite: PUIS 101, Spellcraft 4 ranks
    Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on Spellcraft checks. In addition, you may transfer ebbs between devices within five feet as if they were physically connected, and, once per round per phyisical connection, when you transfer ebbs using physical (i.e. non-heuristic) connections, one extra ebb is supplied to the recipient device. If the transferred ebbs possess special properties due to having been processed by refractors, so does the extra ebb.
    Special: Taking this feat means you cannot take Skill Focus (Spellcraft), and you cannot take this feat if you already possess said Skill Focus.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2013-12-15 at 03:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1259

Anyone have any ideas for making Ferix less boring?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1260

Reliquadratics

Key skill: Search

RLQD 101: Into to Reliquadratics
    Preparation Time: See Text
    Target: See Text

By targeting a volume of 25 cubic feet per hour, you can reveal a Vessel.

Vessels are sealed off containers, unaffected by the flow of time surrounding them. Vessels are eternal, and are not created, but found. Where ever the Reliquadraticist targets, and in whichever shape they choose, was already the location of a Vessel. Likewise, anywhere that will never be targeted contains no vessel. While unrevealed, Vessels appear as ordinary, innocuous places that do not attract any special attention. While still solid, a Vessel could be a patch of air or water, as easily as it could appear as a stone wall. The universe ignores vessels without fault. Rivers divert naturally to flow around them. Wind is not disrupted by their blockage. People and animals naturally walk around them without realizing their presence. A Vessel could be in the most conspicuous of places, but space always bends around it. Due to these factors it is possible to tell where a Vessel is not. A Vessel is never in a place that cannot be avoided, such as a tunnel or a river, or a place that has been traveled through. The tunnel or river would simply have been built around the Vessel, and the traveler would have avoided it. As such these places cannot be targeted by this principle. If whether an area has been traveled is unknown, even if it is very likely (such the center of a town square), the area is still a legal target. While it's possible to locate places that do not contain a Vessel, the actual location of a Vessel is, by nature, impossible to locate. Vessels can be revealed inside semi-spaces, implying that the area inside semi-spaces existed before the time of preparation.

After being revealed, vessels lose all such traits, and become ordinarily perceptible. A revealed Vessel is a valid location for teleportaion abilities, but can only be teleported into willingly, or from the Vessel's bilge, never from random teleportational error. A Vessel cannot be teleported out of by any means short of divine intervention, and is completely unbreakable, immovable and impassible. Semi-spaces inside the Vessel cannot be linked to semi-spaces outside of the Vessel.

During preparation, you may define an adjacent area as the Vessel’s Bilge. This area can be either the same shape and size as the Vessel (known as a mirrored Bilge) or of any shape and volume (known as a shaped Bilge). While standing adjacent or inside the Bilge, a Reliquadraticist can teleport the Bilge’s contents into the vessel. An unwilling creature can attempt a will save against 10 + your ranks in Search. A mirrored Bilge teleports its contents into the corresponding location in the Vessel, keeping its content’s relative positions stable. A shaped Bilge teleports its items in randomly, but in a single teleportation no two items will be teleported into the same space. If there is more than one instance of teleportation into the Vessel, it is possible for objects to occupy the same space, and normal teleportational shunting occurs except that no object can be pushed out of the Vessel. If the Vessel does not have room to fit the entire Bilges contents, teleportation from the Bilge to the Vessel is impossible.

As a standard action, from the outside of a vessel, a Reliquadraticist can "breach", or protect a Vessel. Breaching a Vessel opens it, so that its contents may exit, and removes all special traits of the Vessel, making it nothing more than a container. To protect a vessel, make a Search check. After this, the Vessel cannot be opened without first making a higher Search.

This principle allows the uncovering Vessels with the Aeonic trait. Aeonic Vessels experience time at an infinite rate. Unattended objects survive this unscathed, but anything remotely biological eats itself on a microbial level and decays into dust. Any machine with moving parts breaks down, and any possible malfunction or misfire takes place.

RLQD 116: Static Continuance [Specialist]
    Prerequisites: RLQD 101, Search 4 ranks

This principle works like RLQD 101, but allows the uncovering of Vessels with the Stagnant trait. Stagnant Vessels experience no time. The Vessel’s contents cannot act and do not age, and effectively skip all time between when they are teleported into the Vessel, and when the Vessel is breached.

RLQD 233: Expediated Passage
    Prerequisites: RLQD 101, Search 8 ranks

This principle works like RLQD 101, but allows the uncovering of Vessels with the Accelerated trait. Accelerated Vessels can experience time at modular rates. For every five ranks you have in Search, you may double or halve the flow of time on the vessel (following normal stacking rules, so two doubles is a triple). In addition, after this principle is learned, while preparing any RLQD principle you may set a time in rounds after which point the Vessel will immediately breach. Alternatively, any Vessel created with this principle can be breached as a logical decision from a connected heuristic circuit.

RLQD 294: Retroactive Progressions [Specialist]
    Prerequisites: RLQD 101, Search 8 ranks

This principle works RLQD 101, but allows the uncovering of Vessels with the Inverted trait. Inverted Vessels experience a strange abstraction of time, in which time attempts to undo itself, with limited success. Any process that would happen automatically, such as aging, or the progress of a machine, runs backwards. Machines that would have an input and an output essentially swap the two, producing the raw materials out of the finished product. Another example, digestion occurs backwards, turning a person's nearby waste into whatever the person has recently eaten. Anything that would could happen multiple ways do not happen at all. As such, thought cannot take place in the vessel, nor could any event that would trigger a random outcome. In these cases, the objects or creatures take no actions. The Inverted trait is compatible with all other traits, and can be applied to a Vessel which already has a trait.

RLQD 339: Antiquated presence
    Prerequisites: Any three RLQD principles, Search 15 ranks

This principle works like RLQD 101, but allows the uncovering of Vessels with the Ancient trait. The Ancient trait does not affect a vessels passage of time, but sends contents up to half your Search check in years, backwards in time. For instance, rolling a 50 and affecting an otherwise traitless Vessel, you could send the Vessel’s contents back in time up to 25 years. In a Vessel with both the Inverted and Ancient traits, the contents are still sent backwards relative to the world outside the vessel. This movement through time takes place the instant something is teleported into the Vessel. The Ancient trait is compatible with all other traits, and can be applied to a Vessel that already has a trait.

RLQD 350: Temporal Programming
    Prerequisites: Any four RLQD principles, Search 15

This principle works like RLQD 101, except the traits of any Vessels you create can be freely changed by yourself or a heuristic circuit. When you would normally breach a Vessel (after passing all necessary checks), you may now instead change any number of the Vessel’s traits. Alternatively, changes can be made as logical decisions through a connected heuristic circuit.
    This has some peculiar interactions with the Ancient trait. Every time the Ancient trait is applied, the effect is applied again. If the same contents would occupy the same time, the initial occupants vanish, to an unknown destination. It is possible they are erased entirely.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2013-12-12 at 02:15 AM.