New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Dark Heresy] Blood on the Lathes IC

As everybody snaps to attention and jumps out of the way, the lead servitor is visibly puzzled and stops for a few seconds, it's mechanical brain seemingly having trouble with so many rapid and odd movements. Regaining it's senses, you can see the object on it's arm, which Olivia easily identifies as a Mark IX Melta Cutter, standard equipment in servitor maintenance teams, depowering, the waves of hot air emanating from it disappearing.

"Repair Servitor Sub-Unit RS-GL76. Please do not interfere with maintenance procedures." The servitor's voicebox rasps out in a mechanical fashion as it points towards the other access door with it's stump.

Behind it, the other two servitors continue standing inanimate, their bodies barely agitated by their remaining biological functions. Upon further inspection, they are also easily identifiable as more maintenance servitors, carrying heavy rivet guns and magnetic clamps.
    The Age of Warrior, a ToB expansion.

Credits to Ninjaman for old Death Jester avatar.
    Homebrew (feel free to PEACH)
    Base Classes:
    Fighter Fix, The Sublime Matador

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

As Xanthis notices what the servitors actually are he calms down a bit, and stands straighter less in a defensive posture. He still holds his hand by his katana but he is visibally more relaxed. Mentally though he tries to keep his mind sharp. "Hmm, I'm going to check out the other room, I'm tired of waiting here." Xanthis moves to get by the servitors while keeping as far as possible from the servitors and the burnt stump.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vex can't help but laugh slightly, "My my, aren't you all a skitty bunch. I guess the Mechanicus have taken to hiring a bunch of Greenhelms in the hope of the Veteran beating them into shape. he shakes his head slightly "Im going to have to teach you lot how to relax, get drunk, party, and all the other fun things." he winks at Olivia as he says the last part.

He then looks at the servitors, praying silently that they are working fully, "Proceed." he says to them, and gives a little shudder, Creepy things aren't right. he thinks.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

After recovering from her dive to the side and standing back up Olivia brushes herself down while gazing at the lead 'maintenance' servitors.

"I would love to know why it has, presumably, just burnt it's own arm off... well maybe."

A small smile and laugh answers Vex's proposed classes on relaxation "I'm afraid i'm not much of a drinker..." she says as she follows Xanthis past the servitors to see what they had just 'maintained'.

I wonder if we can find it's arm, assmuming of course the entire thing wasn't turned to plasma.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Lowering carefully the lasrifle Eisen frowns at the comment made by the blabbermouth. When you have seen the face of war and what some thing out there can do to you if you don't became at least more careful and you keep you carefree attitude then it would mean either you are touched in the head or that you have nothing left where your head was.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vex raises an eyebrow at Eisen, "The face of war? People join the guard for many reasons, fame, glory, for their world, for what they believe, because they are told to. When you are born, having to fight from the moment that you are able to feed yourself. Never having any 'down time' or safe transit periods. When you realise that you could die at any second from any direction."

His face grows dark, no longer carefree, "When you have seen someone tortured for days, just because there is a rumour that they may have spoken to someone who might have information about high grade weapons. When you have done that yourself just so that they don't torture you. When you have seen your friends try to kill you. Then you become carefree, why worry, it's better to enjoy yourself and always be ready."

7. - Top - End - #247

RogueGuy

Raising an eyebrow at what he just heard And what if you get to enjoy too much and when the need comes it will catch you unprepared? I say that each of us has his or her motives to be on the edge, or ignore it, but in the end what it matters is that we have to work together. So it is better for us to stop measuring our "prowess" and start working together. Don't know about you but I like to know that the one is having my back is trustworthy and not some sort of a show off.

All the time having his speech Eisen grips the butt of his gun until his fingers started to turn white.
    You say about treason? I want to know what do you say when a horde of orks start charging towards you and there is nothing you can do to stop them. Just shoot and shoot and they still keep coming like your beads nurture them instead of hurting.
    Last edited by deluxaran; 2013-10-07 at 04:19 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vex jumps up and prods at Eisen with his finger, "What do you think I was doing when you couldn't put that last freak down? I was watching your back, or have you already forgotten that?"

He turns around and runs his hand through his hair, "A person can be ready without pointing his gun at every noise that they hear. Throne, it's usually better to be ready without anyone knowing, than running around shouting it out."

Vex sits down and waves his hand, "If we all relax a bit more, then maybe we can get along a bit better than all standing around like juves ready for something to get us."

9. - Top - End - #249

RogueGuy

OOC:Sorry for the long pause, the job got to me in a nasty way...

IC:
    Eisen's eyes flare when Vex starts prodding at him and mentions the servitor, his hands starting to grip the butt of his gun until his fingers turn white.Control yourself Eisen what the frak got into you to pick fights with others? Maybe you should go and have yourself checked. JUST CONTROL IT. When Vex finishes his rant he addresses him with a slight nervous tremor in his voice Maybe you are right about the not knowing part. But for some of us the training is hard to forget and these habits kept us alive until now.

I say that the truth is somewhere at the middle but for now let us just try and keep a decent attitude between us. What do you say?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vex shrugs, "Whatever" he begins to ignore Eisen, and eyes up the Servitors which are yet to move.

11. - Top - End - #251

As the group eyes them warily, the maintenance group slowly clanks through the passenger compartment in an orderly, if quite mechanical fashion, only pausing a few times to bang on floor rivets that where sticking out slightly too much. As they reach the service door on the other side, the lead servitor stops and begins moving his stump towards the access panel, as if trying to use it with a now nonexistent arm. As it does so, the two other servitors appear undisturbed, and remain standing behind, waiting for the door to open.

Base Classes:

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Ignoring the others and petty arguments Xanthis moves forward into the compartment where the servitors came from. There could possibly be an explanation there of how that thing lost its arm.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Olivia sticks close to Xanthis as the pair of them move forward into the next compartment.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vex opens the door that the servitors are struggling with. Maybe he would have been better off on his own, these lot were twitchier than a sump-rat he thinks to himself

15. - Top - End - #255

As Vex moves to open the door for the servitor, you realize it had been heating up its cutter arm. As you get closer, the cutter depowers, and the servitor looks at you. "Please remain at a safe distance during maintenance procedures." It adds in the now familiar voice most servitors on the ship seem to share.

As you open the door, it turns to it before turning back to Vex "Please do not obstruct with maintenance procedure." A few moments later it and the other servitors cross the doorway, moving towards what remains of their colleague.

On the other end of the room, as Olivia and Xanthis enter the corridor, they find it leads to an embranchment, with what appears to be a large, relatively open room to the left, and a long winding corridor on the right. Based on what you heard before, you can guess the servitor maintenance team originated from the larger room, and, as they enter the corridor, distant sounds can be heard from that direction as well.

Base Classes:

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Mindful of Olivia behind him, Xanthis walks onward towards the noise. He stays silent listening for the noise in front of him as well as to hear if something go wrong from Vex's position.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Glancing at the corridor ahead of them Olivia murmurs quietly to Xanthis as moves the pistol in her sleeve closer to her hand.

"We take a left here I guess from the noise before they came in to our room."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Barely glancing back Xanthis nods his head in a thankful manner. He takes a left were she suggested, leaving his hand at his hip by the sword.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vex moves out of the way of the Servitors now that he has opened the door, and returns to his seat. Hopefully they will arrive soon and can get off this ship and away from all these crazy servitors.

20. - Top - End - #260

As Xanthis and Olivia move through the corridor, they can see that the room in front of them does not match the design of the passenger compartment: it looks older, and poorly maintained. As they get closer, the sound they can hear becomes clearer, and is remarkably similar to the sound of short bursts of electricity discharging. Beyond, the room is relatively large, at least 20 to 30 meters to a side, and supported by an arching roof reaching high above. In the middle appears to lie a large, raised platform a few meters high, with what appear to be alcoves near its base.

OoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could I have a perception check please?

Base Classes:

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Look around the room Olivia thinks quickly, trawling through the memories and information the magos had hypno-induced into her, trying to match the strange room and discern it's purpose.

Drawing a blank she steps forward into the room slowly, warily look around as the sound of arcing energy grows louder in her ears.