New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Indeed. (although I'm far too stubborn/prideful to see a doctor).

Then you would have died two years ago if you were me.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2013-07-25 at 03:53 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    I can sympathize there. I know they aren't toys, but I have a small collection that I want to build up. My mom inspired me to.
    Yeah, I honestly find a good knife quite cool as well and was quite proud the day I got my first knife, but ever since I had a biking accident a little more than three years ago (nothing serious, but I had to have my arm wrapped in bandages for two weeks), I've been highly wary of anything which can cause injuries to me, and especially knives for some reason...

That's understandable. *sigh* I want to lose weight...worse, it is nearly lunch time.
    And I want to stop doing the same...

Heh, there is basically no grass near the lake here, and where there is there are more rocks then grass. Not worth it. If I could find some friends who wanted to swim then I absolutely (okay maybe) would.
    Well, good luck with that!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yeah, I honestly find a good knife quite cool as well and was quite proud the day I got my first knife, but ever since I had a biking accident a little more than three years ago (nothing serious, but I had to have my arm wrapped in bandages for two weeks), I've been highly wary of anything which can cause injuries to me, and especially knives for some reason...

And I want to stop doing the same...

Well, good luck with that!
    I guess that could make someone nervous about them. Never had a serious injury but worried enough about it that I just generally be careful. I like the knives I have, just wish I had a better way to display them.

I'm sure we'll both work it out. Cheers and well wishes!

It shouldn't be too hard, I have enough friends I acn get ahold of. Maybe talk some family into coming up to visit and swim and have sandwiches.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Hmm. I think I will have a little cheesey tortilla for a snack, maybe with some leftover sloppy joe and hot sauce for a quick and dirty and completely inauthentic pseudorrito.
    Pseudorrito... I just... You 'Murricans come up with the weirdest things let me tell you. What's a sloppy joe?

Ah I like it! I shall find some way to add one to my collection.

I know I have had venison once or twice but I am not sure if that is the same thing, and that is the only exotic meat I have eaten, unless you count squid jerky.

Hehe well whatever works for you. I have my collection of knives, think I have like 10 now? I also used to have a double-sided battle axe, but that is gone.
    it is always a jolly feeling when someone compliments your nation's knife...

It's been a very long time since I had venison, I think... Although now I'm not sure if I've had it at all. Or then I've just been eating elk and bear...

Oh! Oh! Knives and axes! One of my favourite things to talk about! *shakes hand*

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    OM NOM NOM!

And when I have, then can I get a bismark? I like bismarks...

Wait... so I'm Finnish all of a sudden?
    I want to stab so many people...
    Please, consume all of it.

What are those?

It's a state of mind... A state of mind, my lad.

The corner comes with me.

Spoiler
    Show
    *clutches onto you* WHEREVER THE CORNER GOES, THERE I GO.

Hey! I'm not Canadian! Don't you compare me to those polite people! *kicks*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Please, consume all of it.
    I will consume pretty much anything you throw my way, as long as it doesn't involve beans of any kind. I'm not allergic or anything, I just hate beans.

What are those?
    A bismark is like a chocolate-frosted doughnut, except it doesn't have a hole in the middle and is filled with custard. Or fruit jelly, I suppose, but the custard-filled ones are far superior to their fruit brethren.

It's a state of mind... A state of mind, my lad.
    Well, if it's a stabbity state of mind then it's a state of mind I enjoy.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

I guess that could make someone nervous about them. Never had a serious injury but worried enough about it that I just generally be careful. I like the knives I have, just wish I had a better way to display them.
    Hmm, do you keep them in drawers right now, or how do you it? Do you have any ideas of what you want to be visible and where to keep them. Because I think I could come up with something cost-efficient if you're willing to sink a little time and handiwork into it...

I'm sure we'll both work it out. Cheers and well wishes!
    Yeah, it isn't going well, but at least I'm conscious about it and try to eat a little more when I get the chance. And cheers and luck to you too!

It shouldn't be too hard, I have enough friends I acn get ahold of. Maybe talk some family into coming up to visit and swim and have sandwiches.
    Well, good luck and have fun!

Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hrm... couldn't be me, I'm not ill... Mr. Curie, perhaps?

Speak for yourself. I've got enough common sense to go about things in such a way.
    Hmm, time-traveling retro-steam-zombies, you say? Sounds like something Teddy and Moony would be behind. Or in front of. Running away from them very, very quickly.

I dunno, you seem more like you've got uncommon sense and occasionally second thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Then you would have died two years ago if you were me.
    Further reasons to be glad I am myself.

Plus, I'll never die. Thanks to denial, I'll live forever!

What's a sloppy joe?

Delicious. Some are better than others. (never settle for less than Manwich)

Heheheh

Sorry, Finn. I promise won't ever insinuate complimenting you again.

A bismark is like a chocolate-frosted doughnut, except it doesn't have a hole in the middle and is filled with custard. Or fruit jelly, I suppose, but the custard-filled ones are far superior to their fruit brethren.
    Never heard them called Bismarks before... but agreed. Creme beats jelly hands down.

Hmm, time-traveling retro-steam-zombies, you say? Sounds like something Teddy and Moony would be behind. Or in front of. Running away from them very, very quickly.

I dunno, you seem more like you've got uncommon sense and occasionally second thoughts.
    Knowing the two, I'm inclined to say both. Also, this seems like the sort of thing August would be in on.

Well, that would fall in line with me being a witch, I suppose.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-07-25 at 05:11 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #219

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oh, I know. I'm still deciding.
    How cruel, while it flails there with its back improperly broken. Almost seems out of character for you.

Or is it one of those traps you use to catch live prey for your cat to practice on/to feed to snakes?

Pseudorrito... I just... You 'Murricans come up with the weirdest things let me tell you. What's a sloppy joe?
    Pseudo-burrito, pseudito? *shrug* A sloppy joe is basically the bastard lovechild of spaghetti sauce, chili, and hamburger. Essentially you take a tomato-based sauce with pureed/finely chopped vegetables and seasonings and spices, mix it with browned, crumbed ground/minced beef(or, I suppose, a mixture of beef & pork or beef and/or pork/chicken/both), mildly reduce it at a simmer long enough for it to soak into the meat, though it usually comes thick enough to eat anyway, and then spread it on the inside of a bun and eat as a sandwich.

Good way to disguise that you're giving a child vegetables by making him think you're just feeding him fatty, unhealthy meat and grease.

They're pretty nifty, even as kitchen knives.

It's been a very long time since I had venison, I think... Although now I'm not sure if I've had it at all. Or then I've just been eating elk and bear...
    I've never noticed a huge difference between elk and venison when I've had them, I must admit. And totally jelly about your level of bear consumption.

Knowing the two, I'm inclined to say both. Also, this seems like the sort of thing August would be in on.

Well, that would fall in line with me being a witch, I suppose.
    Hmm, I suppose you're right, though I wouldn't know if it were the time travel or the zombies that more scream Mr. Pink...

I always knew you were special. So ****ing special.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-07-25 at 05:15 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh! Oh! Knives and axes! One of my favourite things to talk about! *shakes hand*

It ground beef mixed with this sauce/mix that I can't fully describe on hamburger buns. It is messy, sloppy as the name says, and utterly delicious.

You're welcome. I do have a not-low level of admiration for unique blades.

You've had bear. My life is now invalid. I want bear!

Hehe mine too! *shakes back* I got an awesome axe for a gift once that had a cool looking skull in a circle between the two blades of the axe, I loved it and miss it dearly.

Hehe so you have a claimed corner too? I tried to get one but one of my best friends forced me to take a closet instead.

Ha! So don't call you polite, I understand.

Hmm, do you keep them in drawers right now, or how do you it? Do you have any ideas of what you want to be visible and where to keep them. Because I think I could come up with something cost-efficient if you're willing to sink a little time and handiwork into it...

Yeah, it isn't going well, but at least I'm conscious about it and try to eat a little more when I get the chance. And cheers and luck to you too!

Well, good luck and have fun!
    Well the smaller knives I keep in a drawer by my best, but the larger and more ornate ones I have lined up on shelves to one side of my room. Which reminds me they are due for a cleaning. I have 3 there, as well as a metal sai that typically goes with them. I don't have any real ideas, so I am up for suggestions. I just think they deserve better that to be just stowed on some upper shelf were they can barely be seen.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oh, don't worry; I'm not unhappy, just tired.

In Other News: Our rusty old mousetrap had captured a mouse. It keeps trying to chew through the metal, and I'm afraid it might succeed.
    Rest well, then, and feel better (and post when you do ) !
    No really, feel better.

The necessity of mouse traps always saddens me.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

In Trogland (that's what we call the US here, right?), those are Boston creme donuts and jelly donuts, respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #223

Darn it, now I want donuts.
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, steam-powered zombies, you say? Hmm, I do indeed like steam, but I'm not all too fond of zombies. I mean, sparesly used in a fantasy setting, they're okay, and I think steam plus necromancy would work quite well, but the zombie apocalypse zombies have never been of much interest to me...

Meanwhile, I just wants to stay alive.
    *hides behind Finns*
    You said you wouldn't eat me, right?

Well the smaller knives I keep in a drawer by my best, but the larger and more ornate ones I have lined up on shelves to one side of my room. Which reminds me they are due for a cleaning. I have 3 there, as well as a metal sai that typically goes with them. I don't have any real ideas, so I am up for suggestions. I just think they deserve better that to be just stowed on some upper shelf were they can barely be seen.
    Hmm, if you have a relatively large wall space and permission to nail stuff to it, you could try and get your hands on some oversized staples (I've forgotten the Swedish name, so I can't give you an actual name), or just buy a solid steel wire and bend some yourself (and perhaps sharpen the ends with a file) and nail them into the wall to create holders for your knives. They should be wide enough for the knife to slide all the way down to the guard without touching the sides, so that the edge won't get damaged.

If you don't want to do this sort of damage to your wall, or if some of your knives have rather large hilts, you can get a nice-looking plank to nail the holder-thingys into instead, and just nail the plank to the wall instead. The downside to it is that all knives will have to be lined up on perfect rows, which may look good if they're all of similar length, but not necessarily if they're all different...

If you want, you can add another one further down (and nailed deeper into the wall) to force the blade closer to the wall and prevent it from dangling...

It's a bit too late to draw a picture, but if you want some clarification, I can do a quick one tomorrow...

Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, I suppose you're right, though I wouldn't know if it were the time travel or the zombies that more scream Mr. Pink...

I always knew you were special. So ****ing special.
    The zombies. Definitely. I mean, sure, he lives in the 18th century and has a time-travelling friend that reads his mail and posts it to the internet, but the zombies are something he'd do himself.

I take pride in my specialness.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    In Trogland (that's what we call the US here, right?), those are Boston creme donuts and jelly donuts, respectively.
    It may just be a Minnesotan thing. *shrug*
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I've never been much of a jelly filled fan, but yay Boston creme! Mmm...

Hmm, if you have a relatively large wall space and permission to nail stuff to it, you could try and get your hands on some oversized staples (I've forgotten the Swedish name, so I can't give you an actual name), or just buy a solid steel wire and bend some yourself (and perhaps sharpen the ends with a file) and nail them into the wall to create holders for your knives. They should be wide enough for the knife to slide all the way down to the guard without touching the sides, so that the edge won't get damaged.

If you don't want to do this sort of damage to your wall, or if some of your knives have rather large hilts, you can get a nice-looking plank to nail the holder-thingys into instead, and just nail the plank to the wall instead. The downside to it is that all knives will have to be lined up on perfect rows, which may look good if they're all of similar length, but not necessarily if they're all different...

If you want, you can add another one further down (and nailed deeper into the wall) to force the blade closer to the wall and prevent it from dangling...

It's a bit too late to draw a picture, but if you want some clarification, I can do a quick one tomorrow...
    Oh yeah I have tons of wall space. And I am relatively sure it should be alright for me to set things up there. Unfortunately I am terrible at mentally picturing most things, so I only barely get what you mean. Tomorrow, a picture would be grand. But already I am liking the ideas. I'll probably post some pictures of them later, if that is allowed.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

How cruel, while it flails there with its back improperly broken. Almost seems out of character for you.

Or is it one of those traps you use to catch live prey for your cat to practice on/to feed to snakes?
    Oh, it is. It's a cage-trap, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Rest well, then, and feel better (and post when you do ) !
    No really, feel better.
    I will. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The necessity of mouse traps always saddens me.
    Yes, I find it easier to empathise with mammals than insects.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Wow - I spaced and thought it was Finn saying that about the donuts for some reason
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

I have to say that this sounds like the most unappealing food after rotten shark heads.

Delicious. Some are better than others. (never settle for less than Manwich)

Heheheh

Sorry, Finn. I promise won't ever insinuate complimenting you again.
    I like how all you guys explain sloppy joe in a different way... Tells about all of you wee people's characters.

Ooooh, why hello there, colourful! *cuddles*

Pseudo-burrito, pseudito? *shrug* A sloppy joe is basically the bastard lovechild of spaghetti sauce, chili, and hamburger. Essentially you take a tomato-based sauce with pureed/finely chopped vegetables and seasonings and spices, mix it with browned, crumbed ground/minced beef(or, I suppose, a mixture of beef & pork or beef and/or pork/chicken/both), mildly reduce it at a simmer long enough for it to soak into the meat, though it usually comes thick enough to eat anyway, and then spread it on the inside of a bun and eat as a sandwich.

Good way to disguise that you're giving a child vegetables by making him think you're just feeding him fatty, unhealthy meat and grease.

I've never noticed a huge difference between elk and venison when I've had them, I must admit. And totally jelly about your level of bear consumption.
    ... Eww. That just sounds wrong. You... You don't do that to food! Stop that! *taunts with a spoon*

*shrug* Only had it twice.

It ground beef mixed with this sauce/mix that I can't fully describe on hamburger buns. It is messy, sloppy as the name says, and utterly delicious.

Hehe mine too! *shakes back* I got an awesome axe for a gift once that had a cool looking skull in a circle between the two blades of the axe, I loved it and miss it dearly.

Hehe so you have a claimed corner too? I tried to get one but one of my best friends forced me to take a closet instead.

Ha! So don't call you polite, I understand.
    ... Yeah, not gonna try that one out if I visit the States again. *narrows eyes*

California has no bears?

For me axes are a matter of utility. I like Fiskars' axes the best, although sometimes when we go around and about in the national park, the wood points have their own strange axes... Sometimes extremely good (like, honestly, they feel like that if you were to chop an elephant, it'd feel like going through butter), sometimes horribly bad. It's always best to have your axe with you, in the end, hmmrm... It's also handy to use them as hammers if you forgot one home. Or are too lazy to buy one.

No, no. There's just one corner, and although Amigiggles tried to kick me out, I'm there to stay. *waters her chillies and admires the thisltes*

Wh... What! I am polite! But I'm no Canadian polite! *stomps foot on ground* No cake for you!

Also, Nalle, I would never consume you! You're not a bear that roams the forests, you're Nalle, the one who peacefully lies amongst the blueberries (whilst consuming them)!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

20. - Top - End - #230

I like how all you guys explain sloppy joe in a different way... Tells about all of you wee people's characters.

... Eww. That just sounds wrong. You... You don't do that to food! Stop that! *taunts with a spoon*

California has no bears?

Also, Nalle, I would never consume you! You're not a bear that roams the forests, you're Nalle, the one who peacefully lies amongst the blueberries (whilst consuming them)!
    Americans put men on the moon and put their food in a foil bag. Americans put cheese in cans. With a short spout thing. Shake the can and touch the spout and cheese comes out in a line or a spot or a mess all over the sandwich. Americans put a hot dog on a stick and then in batter and then in frying oil. Doing things to food that no one should do and calling it local cooking is what we do.

California has lots of bears. There is even a bear on the flag. But we think that bears are not wild things to be shot and made into food. Just shot.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I have to say that this sounds like the most unappealing food after rotten shark heads.

... Yeah, not gonna try that one out if I visit the States again. *narrows eyes*

California has no bears?

For me axes are a matter of utility. I like Fiskars' axes the best, although sometimes when we go around and about in the national park, the wood points have their own strange axes... Sometimes extremely good (like, honestly, they feel like that if you were to chop an elephant, it'd feel like going through butter), sometimes horribly bad. It's always best to have your axe with you, in the end, hmmrm... It's also handy to use them as hammers if you forgot one home. Or are too lazy to buy one.

No, no. There's just one corner, and although Amigiggles tried to kick me out, I'm there to stay. *waters her chillies and admires the thisltes*

Wh... What! I am polite! But I'm no Canadian polite! *stomps foot on ground* No cake for you!

Aww but it is very good! Probably extremely unhealthy, but good! But okies then Finn we won't force feed it to you. Well I won't, I can't speak for them.

Well there are bears out here, but I don't know any place where you can go get it to eat, and I don't know anyone who hunts, so it is unavailable to me. Even if I could hunt I would be way too terrified to go after one for food unless desperate. As far as animals go my fears are bears, then above that sharks, then just above that bearsharks. Tigers and lions are close to bear. Also stinging or biting insects, those don't count as animals to me though.

Oh I typically see axes as a tool rather than a weapon too, but this was modeled after old medieval battleaxes. This was not something you used casually. Hehe elephant butter!

There is but one corner here, but out in the world there are more corners. Do you hope to conquer them all and grow many thistles? If so I would gladly help.

Aww no. That's what I get for sarcasm. *goes into closet to cry*
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, today I fed a cricket to one of the chickens, quit a game, and I for some reason I'm now secretly eating the peanuts that are reserved for the same bird that tried to murder me.

Besides that, I'm trying to come up with a good surname for a pen name.

Any suggestions?

23. - Top - End - #233

According to Wikipedia, it's properly called a berliner, but is often referred to as a bismark by Midwesterners and Canadians. It also lists such variations as the aforementioned "Boston cream doughnut."

Were you here when I was talking about putting Jell-o in hamburgers?

But hey, if you don't like sweets that's fine - more for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Americans put men on the moon and put their food in a foil bag. Americans put cheese in cans. With a short spout thing. Shake the can and touch the spout and cheese comes out in a line or a spot or a mess all over the sandwich. Americans put a hot dog on a stick and then in batter and then in frying oil. Doing things to food that no one should do and calling it local cooking is what we do.
    We don't put cheese in cans! We put cheese product in cans. Dairy was not involved at any point in the creation of cheez-whiz. We do, however, bread and subsequently deep-fry cheese. And as a midwesterner, I've eaten macaroni and lime jell-o. So yes, we do things with food that simply should not be done.

Aww but it is very good! Probably extremely unhealthy, but good! But okies then Finn we won't force feed it to you. Well I won't, I can't speak for them.
    Like deep-fried Twinkies, or peanut butter funnel cake, or pretty much any food you can buy at a carnival.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

24. - Top - End - #234

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post

California has lots of bears. There is even a bear on the flag. But we think that bears are not wild things to be shot and made into food. Just shot.
    Don't forget flavored, breaded, and deep-fried butter. Also, I think the stuff that comes in cans is just cheez or "cheese" rather than cheese.

Indeed, you have to get up to Alaska or Appalachia before you find people who'll eat barr for some strange reason. Maybe the Californian barr are protected so it's OK to kill them but not to eat them, or maybe they're too fishy.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Ooooh, why hello there, colourful! *cuddles*

Perhaps. What information each of us considers important to tell you about it.

In all honesty, it really does taste good. You'd be missing out if you turned it down.

I don't remember trying to kick you out... I remember wanting to kick you out, but then you informed me that the plants were chilies, and you gave me cake.

According to Wikipedia, it's properly called a berliner, but is often referred to as a bismark by Midwesterners and Canadians. It also lists such variations as the aforementioned "Boston cream doughnut."

So yes, we do things with food that simply should not be done.

Like deep-fried Twinkies, or peanut butter funnel cake, or pretty much any food you can buy at a carnival.
    Hrm... interesting.

That's mostly just you midwesterners.

Mmm... funnel cake... never had it with peanut butter, though I bet that's delicious.
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #236

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Well, today I fed a cricket to one of the chickens, quit a game, and I for some reason I'm now secretly eating the peanuts that are reserved for the same bird that tried to murder me.

Any suggestions?
    Dimmsdale? Tillsdale? Marshall? Mayor? Livingstone? Finkelstein? Morkowitz? Butcher? Baker? Cook? King? von Bismarck? Stoker? Sheffield? Death? Sandman?

*shrug* Only had it twice.

Would you have the world be any other way? You can always tell a lot about a person based upon how they approach and think about food. You can tell that I'm a culturally imperialist swine based upon how I really like pork and whenever I encounter foreign cuisine and begin to understand it I want to apply and mix it with my knowledge of my own ethnic cuisine. Amidus is quite correct about Manwich being the superior brand though. There is, however, something to be said for making it yourself.

What in particular don't you do? Crumble up cooked ground beef rather than forming it into patties prior to cooking? Incorporate vegetables into a sauce? Eat a thick sauce as part of a sandwich?

Never heard of children not wanting to eat vegetables or otherwise being difficult about it? A common technique for dealing with it is to puree the vegetables and incorporate them into a sauce or stew or other food where the child won't notice their presence. Sort of like weaning your pet turtle to eat carrots by feeding it a mixture of carrots and ground beef and slowly changing the ratio of carrot to beef until there's no more beef.

That's more than I've gotten to have it at least. Still jelly, but less so. ...I want both a pet bear and to eat a bear at the same time right now.

Arguably that should make his flesh more succulent and sweet, even as his cruelty knows no bounds.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Dimmsdale? Tillsdale? Marshall? Mayor? Livingstone? Finkelstein? Morkowitz? Butcher? Baker? Cook? King? von Bismarck? Stoker? Sheffield? Death? Sandman?
    Um....... I don't know.........

At second thought, I think I'll go with "Hills"

28. - Top - End - #238

NecromancerGuy

Hills and not Hill, eh? Never heard of that one before.

What first name are you pairing with it? December Hills? hmmmm
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Any suggestions?

Hills, you say? Your pen name shall be Master Hills!
    In all honesty, it really does taste good. You'd be missing out if you turned it down.
    I think it tastes pretty bad. Then again, my experiences are limited.

30. - Top - End - #240

Hello everyone. I am now back from the work. Yaaay.

How's everyone doing tonight?