New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Bath Savage Tide IC

Presumably we can drag him back if he starts running out of air?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

After an initial tangled start as the rope catches on a rock forcing him back to the surface he submerges once again and swims and drags himself through the darkened tunnel. It doglegs alarmingly twice before in the light of the stone and the translucent daylight he can see the exit ahead...

The tunnel only being 50ft or so before he pulls himself out of a narrow coral lined crevice on the rocky south side of Parrot island. Surfacing he catches a long breath of fresh air - the smell of the surrounding city sweet for once rather than cloying and foetid.

Spoiler
    Show

So do people swim out along the rope or does Dirkwood move the boulders on the trapdoor and everyone climbs out?

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #393

RogueGuy

Darth will swim, cos if a rum pirate can, anyone can.

I will follow the rope.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swim 17 +6
    3 + 6
    19 +6
    14 + 6

4. - Top - End - #394

Flumph

Teach will look to see if Ophelia is happy to make the swim then either offer to help her through the tunnel or suggest they head for the trapdoor so she doesn't have to refuse to swim.

5. - Top - End - #395

PirateGuy

Dirkwood helps Darth to shore as he emerges from the tunnel. Once he's caught his breath...
    "Are the others joining us? If not, do you have enough rope to get them up that climb?"

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon in the heavy metal chain and the backpack with lots of coins in looks at the narrow hole in the watery tunnel. "I reckon that I'll wait by the door. What do you say Ophelia?"

Looking at the rope he looks to Teach "Will you tell the others that I'll be waiting at the main door."

7. - Top - End - #397

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia looks a bit awkwardly at the water.

Would...would it be possible for me to go out through the trapdoor? I really don't swim very well.

8. - Top - End - #398

RogueGuy

After some time....

"I will wait here you (Dirk) go and open the trap door."

9. - Top - End - #399

Flumph

Of course. No need for us to all get wet. Dirk and Darth will have the trap door open in a moment.

Teach leads the way back to the trapdoor.

10. - Top - End - #400

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia smiles at the others gratefully for this and follows Teach to the bottom of the trap door.

11. - Top - End - #401

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luke GG View Post
    After some time....

"I will wait here you (Dirk) go and open the trap door."
    R O P E ??

12. - Top - End - #402

RogueGuy

"Are you saying that you do not have rope!?"

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

After some confusion with rope Dirkwood heads down to the water again and cuts his guide rope free. Swimming back he is quick to move the boulder from the top of the trapdoor and then lower the rope allowing Teach, Ophelia and Solomon to climb out. Also allowing the raising of the heavy chest laden with over 100lb of silver and copper coinage.

Spoiler
    Show

~150gp of silver and copper

2 hours later the party is back on the docks, a simple job of leaving Ophelia on the beach by herself attracting a passing fishermen close enough to shore to be bribed by a fist of copper and silver to allow the party to be dropped off on the busy dockside.

Solomon looks at the others, a scowl on his face. "Vanthus needs to be taught a lesson. A short sharp stabbing one. In the meantime shall we investigate the tannery or head back to Lady VanderBoren's mansion for to recover. At the moment I'm cold and wet and not happy about it."

14. - Top - End - #404

RogueGuy

"there is much to sell and so on."

"but first let us check in on the good lady and see if she has had any visitors."

15. - Top - End - #405

RogueGuy

Darth opens the letter.

"I must leave on other business, caning the young master will have to wait. My lady I may be some time (half smile)."

Darth looks at the letter solemnly as he walks away slowly not looking back.
    Last edited by Luke GG; 2013-11-02 at 05:25 PM. Reason: This is to be read after kens post

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

You think you've been gone maybe for as many as 4 hours as you push through the evening sun heading up to the manor. The gates are swung open for you and you can see 2 of the Jade Ravens lounging in the garden. The severe looking half elf sneering at you and whispering something to the squat dwarf who laughs and rolls over on the warm grass throwing a stick for a pair of large wolf hounds that wrestle happily.

The Halfling greets you again. She may even be pleased to see you and shortly afterwards Lady Lavinia glides downstairs in another blue gown, only slightly off set by the gold encrusted rapier at her hip that seems to sit well on her. She grins at the party. "Greetings. How fare my brave new comrades? Have you managed to unearth any more information on my brother?"

As she speaks she waves forward one of her servants with a tray of drinks for you all and offers Darth a letter. "This was delivered by a fairly disreputable fellow not long ago, I also have another adventuring type for you to meet, he was late for the initial meeting."

Solomon offers her the letter that Penkus wrote in his own blood before dying and she hisses. "The lotus dragons, surely not? He would not have sunk that low." Solomon looks at her levelly, "Well Milady he sealed us in a cave with the undead hoping for our deaths. For that, well, I think I speak for all of us when we say we are not impressed

Spoiler
    Show

Enter the alchemist.
    Bye bye the thief
    Any questions or onto hunting the Lotus Dragon guild?

Last edited by DrK; 2013-11-02 at 04:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407

RogueGuy

A very pale man stand before you with an odd white streak in his hair (you could say he has been out of the sun for some time). He is dressed in fine clothing and has a cane with a scull with ruby eyes on the top. behind him is a early 20's man with a large bow and very heavy looking backpack.

"Bartram Sax at your service (small bow)."
    "Sorry I was late to the party but my ship was delayed. There was a problem with a small fire."

"Lavinia was just filling me in with your endeavours so far."

"I am happy to go towards the abyss (at abyss he looks at Ophelia and smiles (the smile seems out of place some how) showing slightly larger than most k9s), if you are ready."

18. - Top - End - #408

PirateGuy

To the lady;

"Aye, the lotus dragons. The hired men who took your ship, now this letter. You must put thoughts if reconciliation behind you, it's survival of the fittest now."

To the Bartram;

"Not another dandy to Molly-coddle. Where's my rum"

With that Dirkwood takes out a bottle and drinks a huge tot.

19. - Top - End - #409

Flumph

Mr Sax, greetings. I take it you are going to assist us in convincing the good Lady's brother to be more polite? Perhaps you can also introduce your companion?

20. - Top - End - #410

RogueGuy

Bartram looks around the group.

"(looking at the Lady) They are an odd bunch, what fun I will have."

"Umm pirate. My "dandy" days are well behind me. I never got on with the cuffs, they just got in the way and combust too easily."

"(looking at Solomon) I am happy to see one of your order able to open his mind and get on with someone of the abyssal persuasion. May it spread."

21. - Top - End - #411

RogueGuy

"Sorry I did not catch your name."

22. - Top - End - #412

Flumph

Teach waves his hand at each party member and introduces them then waits for Sax to acknowledge that the armed person exists.

23. - Top - End - #413

RogueGuy

"Ah yes. This (he say smiling) is the able and willing Max (small cough from behind), sorry I mean Igor (Bartram sighs)."

Bartram moves to the table where there is a drink waiting for him. He adds something and the drink takes on a deep red/purple colour and starts to bubble and foam.

Igor/Max steps forward. In the light you can see he is a large, (but still smaller than Bartram) slender man. In a thick Scottish but trying to be Romania ascent (and failing).

"I van Igor. I help the master travel and the like."

24. - Top - End - #414

Flumph

Greetings Igor.

Teach raises an eyebrow at Sax. Friend? Servant? Slight pause. Slave?

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically looking for Sax to confirm that Igor isn't a slave so we can all be friendly

25. - Top - End - #415

RogueGuy

"Igor (looks at Igor). Is here and continues to be here due to his own misguided plans. (Igor Smiles at plans)."

"shall we move on?"

26. - Top - End - #416

Flumph

Teach relaxes.

Very well. I assume Lady Lavinia has told you everything that has happened so far? Our adventure into the underside of Parrot Island is the only extra. We have a lead at a tannery but that is likely a matter for tomorrow.

Perhaps you can tell us a little about yourself. You have experience with fire?

27. - Top - End - #417

RogueGuy

"Yes she has (smiles at the lady)."

"I think it would be better to go from out of the lady feet and get to know each other elsewhere."

28. - Top - End - #418

RogueGuy

"Does anyone know of a good place, I have not had the change to look around."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_L View Post
    To the lady;
    "Aye, the lotus dragons. The hired men who took your ship, now this letter. You must put thoughts if reconciliation behind you, it's survival of the fittest now."
    Lavinia looks pained. A look of sadness on her face. "I understand your feelings towards him after what he has done but please... I beg of you, if you can take him alive please try."

As the rest of the group looks set to head off for drinks she moves to head up the stairs. "Do any of you required anything? Or shall I leave rooms set up for you?"

At the offer Solomon nods his thanks. "Kind of you milady, I appreciate the room and I know that I for one will try to take him alive if the chance should arise. Or at least stabilise him when he falls."

Quote Originally Posted by Luke GG View Post
    Bartram looks around the group.
    "(looking at Solomon) I am happy to see one of your order able to open his mind and get on with someone of the abyssal persuasion. May it spread."
    Solomon shrugs. "I am a servant of the Lady of Valour, all of people I meet I am happy to judge upon their actions. I have seen evil amongst the prettiest of guises."

Looking to the others he shrugs, "There must be a pleasant bar near here?"

Spoiler
    Show

Any ideas with what we should do with ~150gp of silver/copper and 500gp of gems

30. - Top - End - #420

RogueGuy

"my normal room if at all possible."

"oh lead the way knight of actions."

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there anything that we need? Matt do you want to get an offence wand?