New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Bath Savage Tide IC

Darth looks happy as the hapless women surrender.

Darth will attack with the blooded kinfe and then move to flank drawing a new one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll [roll 1]
    Damage [roll 2] (sneak if applies).

"Ophelia can you ensure that any other doors are shut"

2. - Top - End - #62

NecromancerGirl

Giving Darth a quick look, and seeing this situation is well in hand, Ophelia will give a nod and a friendly smile and turns sweeping out of the captains room, her dress swirling around her. On deck, she then looks around looking for where the noise is coming up from and where the likely next group will enter from, and see if there is anything she can use to block their entrance for now.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

The carnage continues as he moves for the gun. Ophelia's eyes blaze red and sweat breaks from Var's brow and blood seeps from his nose and ears as the effects of the twin curses leaving him slightly palsied and shaking.

Even as that happens Solomon cranks the bolt and firing at one of the standing pirates... The shot catching her square in the chest and blowing her over a foot locker into a crumpled heap as she bleeds slowly out. A spit on the deck and muttered "Gods dammned pirates. Hang the lot of 'em."

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+3)[17] Damage (1d10)[6]

The second pirate barely has time to scream as the shady Darth steps up behind and drives the dagger deep into the kidneys of the second pirate. she screams briefly before collapsing face down blood spraying from her back.

For Vark his hand Is just tightening on the hilt of his pistol when Dirkwood fires...

Spoiler
    Show

Just Dirkwood to act to end the PC's actions from surprise round and round 1

On deck the screams are getting louder - as are crashing sounds coming from the open trapdoor on the decking beside the mast. Though from where she stands Ophelia cannot see any.
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-12 at 01:58 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #64

PirateGuy

Dirkwood unloads on Vark as he reaches for the pistol..

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (vs touch at this range) (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage (applying point blank) (1d8+1)[9]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Vark is blow backwards out his chair by the second shot. Rusty pistol tumbling from now limp fingers as his body drops to the floor amongst empty bottles of rum and soiled clothes. A miserable end to a minserable life.

Even as he falls to the floor the screaming behind the party intensifies. Three pirates streaking up onto the deck before Ophelia can act. Even as the first two come running on decks, all 3 with cutlasses and crossbows out screaming "Its escaped!" a pair of chitinous legs reaches out and grabs the last of the 3 pirates. A scream, nails scraping on the edge of the trapdoor and he vanishes from view and his life ends with a sickening scream!

Behind him a massive spiderlike creature with dark compound eyes and long tentacles and sharp pincer like teeth pulls itself onto deck, the legs of the dead pirate still jutting from its mouth.

Spoiler
    Show

So enemy turn is "bad guys arrive on deck!"
    All PC's can act
    There are two pirates and a big spider like creature no doubt ideally bound for the arena in the Champion's district

Incidentally this is part of the scripted encounter here. encountered "its loose

6. - Top - End - #66

PirateGuy

"Wrong choice"

Dirkwood quickly rams another cartridge into his pistol before turning to the doorway..

"What the F*** is that"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

Solmon spins around at the commotion, eyes narrowing at the pirate getting sucked down the trap and the beast that crawls out. "Besmera bugger me I that's not a rhagodessa. Its like a scorpion but all mouth and no stinger... Don't let it catch you in its tentacles!

THat said he cranked the action of the bolt, the last bolt dropping into place before he fires at a gap in the beast's chitinous hide. Whispering a prayer "Iodomea guide me". The bolt smashes into the beast slamming it to the deck before it rises again, ichor leaking from the massive wound...

Spoiler
    Show

Swift:- Judgement of destruction (+1 damage)
    Standard:- Fire crossbow (1d20+3)[23] Damage (1d10+2)[9] - 20 in all!
    Move:- Draw melee weapons

- Again sorry for Solomon's freakish luck

Even as the last bolt is fired he drops the crossbow to the deck drawing his aldori blade and a dagger...
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-12 at 03:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

NecromancerGirl

"oh dear" Ophelia mutters under her breath. She stands her ground though and curses the creature currently tearing into the pirates. "You might want to have a look on deck" She calls into the cabin to the others "It seems we have front row seats for the arenas next champion..."

Spoiler
    Show

Cursing the spider with an evil eye hex. Going for a -2 to attack, DC14.

Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-12 at 03:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    im obviously under a few actions, I meant to add that dirkwood scoops up varks pistol ....

10. - Top - End - #70

RogueGuy

Darth will try and make his way round the beast as best he can taking cover. The idea is to get around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak [roll 1]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

The massive spider-like creature lurches about as a cloud of blackness envelops it. In the distraction the two pirates take the opportunity to run screaming and dive over the side of the vessel splashing into the water of the harbour.

THe massive beasts scurries forward on horrific scuttling legs. Even as it brushes up against the tiefling the massive clawed hands lash out to grab Solomon after he abused it with the massive crossbow bolt....

Spoiler
    Show

Lash out with claw... (1d20+5)[24]
    If hit then Grab (1d20+6)[11] VS CMD 16
    If grabbed then bitten (1d8+7)[10] Damage (1d8+6)[7]

12. - Top - End - #72

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia bristles nervously, but pushes her fear down even though the spider creature is right on top of her. She gazes at it, her eyes changed from blue to glowing red and full of hells fury as the creature looms over her lashing out at Soloman. Standing her ground, though fear making her desperately want to run, she summons all her power around her.

"Let. Go. Of. Him...And die!" She utters with twisted malice in her voice, willing the creature into a swift death.

Spoiler
    Show

evil eye hex: -2 AC
    DC 14: success = 1 round fail = 6 rounds

Though she nervously moves her knife to her right hand from her tail as a free action, breathing hard hoping help is coming soon.
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-13 at 04:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

RogueGuy

Darth (being a fair way off)

Will do the same again. (as nee to get to do sneak dag to do any real damage).

Spoiler
    Show
    sneak [roll1]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

The lanky inquisitor stepped forward into the mass if tentacles. Unfazed by the mass of chitib and claw. get it while its distracted the shout as Darth shuffles about to flank.

Even as he shouts he thrusts both blades fowatd at the spot where Ophelias curse glows like a black stain dissolving chitin...

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack
    (1d20+3)[23] damage (1d8+4)[10]
    (1d20+1)[18] damafe (1d4+2)[3]

The massive spider creature crumples in in itself as Solomon feeds the beast the paired blades. Cleaning then on a dead pirate he slides both back into sheathes and reclaums the crossbow slotting a fresh magazine into place.filthy beast. Now let's gms what we came here for.
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-14 at 12:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia still breathing hard and looking worried takes a moment to steady herself. She slowly sheaths her knife, and looks at the slain monster, and then slowly looks to her companions without a word. Her eyes come to rest on Soloman, a little in shock from the recent event but looking more relieved by the second since the creature's demise, but slightly fearful of the casual way her companion executed the monster so swiftly.

She makes a mental note even more than before to avoid being too "demon-esk" around him and try to stay on his better side, if he has one.

16. - Top - End - #76

PirateGuy

Guessing everything is dead now with that thing going nuts below decks..

Let the looting commence.. Look in the Capatins cabin first (I.e. where I am).

Dirkwood looks at the huge mess of spider monster on deck "What a mess, hopefully the ship is still seaworthy"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

Smiling at the dead creature and the deck full of pirate corpses Solomon grins briefly at the Witch. "That was fun... Shall we get what we came for now?"

---------------------------

The party spread out Dirkwood tearing through Captain's cabin. His tried and tested looting skills kicking in easily as he rapidly finds a small chets tucked under the bed.

A stout kick and the chest is knocked open. A leather bag emblazoned with 8 pointed star of House Vanderboren tied with silk clinks heavily. A peek inside showing the 100 thick and heavy silvery platinum coins all stamped with the eagle of the Andoren guild of merchants.
    Also inside the chest is a beautiful heavy silver and gold signet ring with the 8 pointed ring of Vanderboren. Though as you pick up the ring a piece of paper falls out onto the floor soaking some of the rum and blood that liberally cover the floor.

A few other papers written in a very crude - probably Vark's detail a succession of small coves and times - presumably where some smuggling deals were struck and a name "Jacob Gred".

Varks' body provides greater pickings as his belt pouch and jewellery contain some gold. his armour and cutlass are also of better craft - the cutlass with a golden hilt cleary not originally his. A pair of oily potion in his belt pouch also exude some gentle magical auras... The dead pirates on the deck provide lesser pickings as their pouches are far emptier than Varks

Spoiler
    Show

On vark's body you find...
    A broken pistol (as starting gunslinger's one)
    A powder horn with 10 shots of powder and 10 balls
    Masterwork Cutlass
    Masterwork Studded Leather
    27gp
    Gold earing (55gp), Silver ring (25gp)
    2 Oily Potions

Pirates - cutlasses, dirty leather armour and a total of 25gp

THe descent into the hold is chaotic. A wall of stench hitting like a punch in the gut as you can see a chaotic tangle of cages, pens and small containers holding a large assortment of animals, birds, vermin and food stuffs. The hall marks of a slightly inept animal smuggler. A large cage in the centre of the room with a bent iron door and a trail of blood beside it from where parts of a pirate lie obviously where Rhagodessa was kept.

The other cages are filled with a wide variety of large and dangerous looking insects, snakes and lizards and a cawing cacophony of tropical birds.
    Spoiler
    Show

Know (Nature) or curiosuity may turn up an interesting or valuable pet if you explore?

To forward you can all see a very large door that bears some dents and scratches upon it and the sound of something heavy moving on the far side of it. To the rear a door into the a large area of bedding - one of the beds with a large halberd on it and a selction of other gear. But the owner probably is nearby as a behind a small cage you. The man seems completely at ease standing looking casually against the wall and sipping from a metal plate.

Spoiler
    Show

Enter Tom!

Solomon looks at the man in the cage. "I'll guess you ain't with these pirates then?"

18. - Top - End - #78

Flumph

Hello - you're new. I don't suppose you passed a smelly chap with a key on your way in?

The man casually wanders over to the cage door - an impressive feat since it's less than two feet from where he was leaning and gestures with his plate.

I'd offer you some refreshments, but I seem to be inconveniently short.

He offers his hand through the bars of the cage.

James Teach. Who might you be?

19. - Top - End - #79

PirateGuy

Dirkwod pockets everything from the captains cabin and ventures into the somewhat rank confines of the hold.

Upon seeing the prisoner;

"James Teach as i live and breathe. To what do we owe this misfortune?"

Turning to my comrades;

"Be wary of this one, his appearance believes his dangerous temperament. We'd just as well throw 'im overboard and be done"

Spoiler
    Show
    har har

20. - Top - End - #80

RogueGuy

Darth will have a look into over the ship and in parcitual the captin quartes and look for any sercet compartment or door.

For the search [roll1]

Looking at the new comer "As lest he does not seem to smell of piss and beer. But if you know the man and believe him to be "unstable", then we can leave him here."

Talking quitely to the rest "we have to clean up before we go. I think we can make it look like the creatures did all of this and not get the attention of Varks "betters". Of course I will need help in this (looking to Dirkwood in particuarl)"

21. - Top - End - #81

PirateGuy

To Darth;

"I suspect once the boat is back in the lady's hands, as she expects, they will come to conclude that it has been forcibly retaken. On the positive, only Treach here knows its was us.."

To Treach;

"Interesting situation this puts us in Treach, we can't simply let you go, nor can we leave you for our mistresses men who are sure to release you. Hence an ultimatum: join us in our exploits or walk the plank.

What say you?"
    Last edited by Mark_L; 2013-08-15 at 03:19 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Flumph

Dirkwood - I should have known from the noise. Quite the entrance. You're sailing with a mistress these days? What would these exploits be?

Looks to Darth:
    I can assure you that whatever this miscreant says, I'm quite stable - as he knows well. And who are you?
    Last edited by Tombs; 2013-08-15 at 03:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

Solomon glances around the hold at the selection of strange and unusual creatures present in the hold. The animals must be a lucrative business.

Joining the others aft beside the brig he regards the well dresses Treachery with a smile. How did you come to be in the cage Master Treach? I'm Solomon Blake, once of Brevoy but now from wherever dark magics or lawbreakers hide.

Looking back through mass of animals and cages to the locked and battered door at the prow he turns back to the newcomer - Any idea what lies in there?

Spoiler
    Show
    James doesn't know. They closed the door when it was brought aboard. But its heavy and ate 2 pirates and is expected to do well in the arena

24. - Top - End - #84

Flumph

Pleasure to meet you Master Blake. It seems you've found darkness here - it made a mess of the hold before you encountered it. I'm afraid I have no idea what is behind that door. It was here when I was shown in. It is definitely a big beast, though - it has eaten a pair of pirates already and they expect it to do well in the arena.

Pause.

I don't suppose I could trouble you to let me out?

25. - Top - End - #85

PirateGuy

Dirkwood will have a look around for the keys, and any interesting animals...

26. - Top - End - #86

RogueGuy

to dirkwood "There is also the issue of the two people that jumped ship. They know that the big thing got out and that could have finished us off ."

to Teach "Sadly I must agree with mr boozy here. I am happy to get you out of this mess and for free, no less, if you agree join this "band" of misfortunates."

Darth will take out his tools.

To all (if Teacher agrees to join) "shall we see what is behind door number 1? I feel like some exercise."

27. - Top - End - #87

PirateGuy

Darth will hear the sound of a pistol cocking as he pulls out his tools on the door

"Don't even think about it!"
    Last edited by Mark_L; 2013-08-15 at 11:00 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

RogueGuy

"what to mad man. I was going to open Teach's cage, if he agrees."

to Teach "You know this man? is he always like this ..."

29. - Top - End - #89

PirateGuy

Well since you ended with the comment on the door, and we have the key for Teach. Yeah, just don't open the big door.

30. - Top - End - #90

NecromancerGirl

Having composed herself fully, and picked up her cloak from the deck Ophelia will go below and join the others having heard some of their conversation. To the man in the cage she will give a quizzical look and a slight smile as she assesses him giving him a good look over and wondering what kind of pirate put another pirate in a cage and for what cause.

"Soloman's surely not going to be happy with another Pirate tagging along!" She thinks to herself allowing her grin to grow slightly.

"Who do we have here? Friend or foe?" she asks both to the others and to Teach, having given him a good look over and meeting his eyes with hers. "He looks like trouble. But that's not always a bad thing, is it?"

She is distracted by Dirkwood's pistol cocked and pointed straight at Darth, raising an eyebrow. "Are you boys going to play nicely, or do i need to split you two up?" She jokes, obviously trying to lighten the mood and diffuse the situation.
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-15 at 12:12 PM.