New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Bath Savage Tide IC

James shrugs at Darth. He didn't shoot you. I'd say you're firm friends.

As Ophelia comes in and looks him over, Teach meets her eyes and offers her a low bow in the style fashionable in the noble courts. James Teach, my Lady, and I certainly hope to be friends. He straightens and gives her a wink. I don't cause too much trouble but I can make a special effort if you'd like.

Glancing over at Dirkwood, he says Is this your new mistress, Dirk?

Spoiler
    Show
    Teach hasn't reacted at all to Ophelia's ... unconventional ... appearance. He doesn't seem concerned (I'm assuming she's not actively trying to be intimidating).

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

In the dingy hold it only takes a few minutes to locate the keys to Master Teach's cage, hanging from a partially eaten belt of the unfortunate pirate that the rhagodessa caught and tore apart. Perusing the rest of the animals its a vast mixture of beasts - some obviously dangerous, some just as novelty pets as is the current fashion amongst the nobility of Sasserine at the moment.

In a small cramped cage at the back you can see a black panther, tired, wet and slightly mangy after its imprisonment and probably destined for the Arena. Also destined for the arena are 3 large frogs in a cage with fine mesh, each frog weight about 180 lbs and about the same height as a dwarf. Stacked above them, with the decking liberally covered in discarded spines is a 70lb dire porcupine.

Smaller creatures are jammed into tiny cages in every other available space. A case of brightly coloured frogs gets a warning shout of "I wouldn't touch them" from Solomon and the cage with ~12 dead parrots and toucans and a half dozen still living is a touch sad. The most botable creatures are a proud looking bloodhawk in a very small cage littered with rat and mouse bones and a half dozen long thin wooden crates each containing long lizards of between 4 and 6ft long - one changing colour slowly and covered in thick scales - some sort of primal chameleon.

Back in the main sleeping cabin between the key and the lock picks of Darth the cage door swings open on rusty hinges releasing Teach. Dirkwood's pistol moving away from the thief after some confusion as to whether Darth meant to release Captain Teach or the door that creaks ominously occasionally.

Solomon

After another look at the door Solomon addresses the others "If we have the ring for Lady Lavinia. We'd best be heading back to her and the port watch can deal with all these animals. They may be coming anyway depending on the tale them two that got away tell. Best we sell the Lady and she can back up our story that we were just doing the good work of the Law and stopping some piracy and smuggling."

Glancing at the shiny cutlass and the rolled up pirate leathers that Dirkwood and Darth are holding Solomon shakes his head sadly but says nothing. Lavinia owned the ship, not Vark's belongings after all. "Was the platinum there or had that pathetic wastrel Vark spent it already? At least we have her signet ring and the ship back."

As the doors swing open he regards the Captain. "How do you know Master Dirkwood. You don't seem cut from the same cloth? Will you be joining us?"

Spoiler
    Show

Is there anything else you want to do on the ship?
    - Do you want to open the door for a "Bigger One?"

Its quite late evening- are heading to an Inn or heading back to the Vanderboren mansion?

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #93

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia will give Teach a warm wry smile in response to his cheeky reply and a gentle nod of her head in response to his bow."Ophelia. And the mistress Dirkwood is referring to is our current employer, not I. Perhaps you should leave trouble for another time, for now discretion is an intrinsic part of our activities."

Looking around the hold swiftly, she takes in what is there but has no intention of doing anything with any of the creatures.

She looks to her companinons before inquiring "Should we head straight back to her mansion to complete our little task, or perhaps find a tavern to swiftly toast our success and then continue on to the Vandeborn Manor?"

And looking back to Teach she adds "Well Mr Teach, will you be joining us? And how do you two know each other? Doesn't this little plot thicken?" And she gives both Dirkwood and Teach a knowing smile, her eyes darting between them trying to see what each gives away about the other from their body language.

Spoiler
    Show

Ophelia is making no active intimidating action or body language. She comes over as charming and sophisticated as a rule.

Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-15 at 02:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94

RogueGuy

to everyone "Well if you are not in for a bit of fun then I suggest we get your money and of course now we need to keep are eyes open for any of Varks known "friends"."

"It is a shame we can not sell the creatures now. Oh well I will have to talk to the good lady."

With this Darth takes out a smallish blue bottle and washs his hands more times than is nessary.

5. - Top - End - #95

Flumph

How could I refuse such a charming invitation?

Teach steps out of the cage and over to the bed, belts on a cutlass that looks well-used but well maintained and starts gathering the rest of the kit together. He looks over at Orphelia: perhaps you could tell me who our host will be, and what this little endeavour actually is? Maybe over some wine? Unfortunately the pirates saw fit to remove all my coin, but Dirk here still owes me a drink or two.

Having finished packing up his gear, Teach pulls on the long coat, slings on the backpack and casually picks up the halberd, carrying it like a familiar walking stick.

Joining you all seems like it will lead to interesting times. That sounds like fun, however I'm going to need to know what's going on before just agreeing. He looks over at Solomon, who seems to be the most straightforward of the group.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

Solomon offers a hand to Teach in welcome. "You'll be glad to be out then?". Looking round at others briefly he turns back to Teach. "As you may have guessed we are only recent acquaintances. The Lady who owns the boat - Lady Vanderboren commissioned us to retrieve the boat and her family signet ring from that coward Vark and his boys."

Looking around the animal cages he shrugs - he's not an animal person. "The lady has been having some problems since she lost her parents. The ring'll let her get into the vaults under the castle."

With no interest in the animals and not wanting to unleash an unknown monster he begins to climb back up onto deck. "Shall we head back to shore. Sooner we head back Lady Lavinia's maniosn sooner we can get paid eh?"

Glanicng back to Teach he adds as a quiet aside - "She's already got a party of adventuring types on retainer. She may be needing another and you seem the type that might be interested in that."

7. - Top - End - #97

PirateGuy

Dirkwood runs through conversation;
    Lady "So you retrieved my ring and retook the ship"
    Party "Yep"
    Lady ".. So who is in charge of my boat and valuable animals now"
    Party "Ah, we left it floating unattended in the middle of the channel"
    Lady "Riiiiiiight"

"Perhaps we should send a runner to the mansion for the lady to send some retainers/keepers to take charge here before abandoning?"

Dirkwood will pick up the cage with the blood hawk and examine it more closely.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon miss at Dirkwoods advice. Before holding out a hand, one shiny crown for the boatman. I know you grabbed Varks pouch..

Assuming he gets the coin he pops up to deck and issues city orders to the waiting hostname. About an hour later as you relax in the cool night air on deck, the bloodhawk beside Dirkwood gnawing on a dead rat from a bag of them he'd found you can all see a carriage with 2 footmen and 2 guards pull up on the pier. Even at this distance you can see Lavinia's graceful form, though swathed in well tailored leather armour and balanced by a rapier on her hip. The short lady beside her the stiff necked halfling housekeeper.

A few minutes later accompanied by one if the hard faced guards she vaults delicatly onto the deck...By Beshamar, what is that! she exclaims eyes wide with fear as she sees the dead spider monster. Recovering her composure she wrinkles . her most at the smell. I assume Vark and his men are dealt with? The question partially answered by the bodies on the deck.

Gazing about she sees Teach, Who do we have here. One your friends Ophelia, Solomon? not expecting Dirk or Darth to associate with well groomed types.

Then with more urgency, Did you recover my Fathers signer ring? Or the platinum?

9. - Top - End - #99

PirateGuy

Proffering the ring and letter;

"My lady I return to you the Blue Nixie, complete with cargo of strange and exotic animals! Apologies for its somewhat aromatic condition, the previous occupants were somewhat lackluster. We have also recovered what appears to be your father's ring, and an unusual note, the purpose of which will likely become apparent when we accompany you to the vault.

Tell me my lady, do you know anything of your father's trade? The animals below are equal parts exotic and dangerous, and in need of urgent care given there state of neglect.

Would you care to accompany us to the hold?"

"This fellow here had been imprisoned by these ruffians, I'm sure he will make a fine account of himself"

At this I will gesture to the hatch to the hold and accompany the lady if she wishes.

10. - Top - End - #100

RogueGuy

"After we get the gold I suggest that we go back to the Tavern before and discuss the next steps before we go into the valut. Also we can try and get some info on what might be in there by talking around and asking what the good Master was into. As there are likely traps etc."

11. - Top - End - #101

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia will smile and give Lavinia and politely nod as she addresses her regarding James, and also takes in her attire and weapon with a casual glance.

"Lady Lavinia, allow me to introduce James Teach. James Teach, the Lady Lavinia, our current sponsor."

After her formal introduction Ophelia will give James the chance to introduce himself to Lavinia.

To Darth, Ophelia will whisper in a friendly manner "We aren't getting any gold from her until we have accompanied her to the vault. But when we have been paid a visit to the tavern to discuss our next plan of action sounds good to me"

12. - Top - End - #102

RogueGuy

Wispers back "This was not part of the contract. Not at all."

13. - Top - End - #103

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luke GG View Post
    Wispers back "This was not part of the contract. Not at all."
    Spoiler
    Show
    kind of was, haggled the price up. Doesn't mean we have to put ourselves in harms way though. If we suddenly have to get inside, or more danger turns up I'll be after more.

14. - Top - End - #104

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia whispering with both Dirkwood and Darth but grinning cheekily and giggling every so often to cover their conversation a little"Im sure things will turn out for the best, and besides im sure nothing more sinister will turn up that cant be handled." she smiles confidently at both of them adding "But yes, of course more financial incentive might be required should we be presented with excessive danger" and in a louder voice she masks their conversation with loud giggle and a look of shocked embarrassment "Well I never! You scallywags!"

15. - Top - End - #105

RogueGuy

"300gp only gets us to the door more will be needed to go through it."

16. - Top - End - #106

NecromancerGirl

"Well that is what was agreed, but perhaps we use this as an opportunity to should show a little 'going above and beyond' and we may get better work thrown our way for the future, like that arrogant bunch we briefly encountered earlier. Penny pinching now may work against us in the long run." She takes time to sneak a peek around to see if people are seeming to be listening in or reacting to the hushed conversation, but isnt over conspiratorial about it, Ophelia just wants to keep everything pleasant and avoid making any snubs or faux pas at this point.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_L View Post
    Proffering the ring and letter;

"My lady I return to you the Blue Nixie, complete with cargo of strange and exotic animals! Apologies for its somewhat aromatic condition, the previous occupants were somewhat lackluster. We have also recovered what appears to be your father's ring, and an unusual note, the purpose of which will likely become apparent when we accompany you to the vault. Tell me my lady, do you know anything of your father's trade? The animals below are equal parts exotic and dangerous, and in need of urgent care given there state of neglect. Would you care to accompany us to the hold?"
    "This fellow here had been imprisoned by these ruffians, I'm sure he will make a fine account of himself"

At this I will gesture to the hatch to the hold and accompany the lady if she wishes.
    Lavinia takes the ring and note with an almost awestruck expression. "Thank you, thank you. This is my Father's ring. I am so glad you have returned it. Since him and my Mother's passing a few months ago I had not really thought to have any parts of him returned.

At the invite to to go down in the hold she shakes her head. "Thank you Master Dirkwood but I am not really interested in these creatures. The ship had been supplying some of our holdings in the colonies. I will let the port watch and Animal Guilds deal with these creatures. Eyeing the bloodhawk sat on deck near where Dirkwood is standing she grins slightly at the pirate - "You can keep the bird if you want Master Dirkwood".

To Ophelia she grins and gives her a light clasp of the hand, "Thank you. Thank you so much. I feel now that I can restore my family honour and position. Even with the loss of the platinum with access to the vault and the Nixie it will all be all right.

Turning to Teach she eyes him carefully. "Master Teach, or should I say Captain Teach. I have heard some unwholesome rumours about your profession. I hope it is not fully justified. While she speaks with Ophelia, Solomon and Teach she can only vaguely hear the conversation between Dirkwood and Darth.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke GG View Post
    "300gp only gets us to the door more will be needed to go through it."
    An icy glare is directed at Darth. "To put it this way Master Darth if you wish your pay then you will have to enter the vault. With your failure to recover my platinum I do not have the ready coin."

Looking about the adventurers she grimaces slightly when looking back at the double D's. "The Castle can be accessed day or night for those whose vaults lie beneath it." Another look about before she nods. "We shall go now. Then our business can be concluded."

Solomon

Solomon looks at the two pirates with a slight shake of his head."It'll be an honour to help you with the vault M'lady."

Lavinia looks at the rest of the party. "My guards can stay here. Shall we get into the boat and then my carriage can take us to the Castle now?"

18. - Top - End - #108

RogueGuy

Darth will follow whatever the party want to do, but on the way back Darth will suggest that we sell the ear rings etc, just get it out of the way.

19. - Top - End - #109

Flumph

Teach spends the time waiting for the lady to arrive exploring the ship. If anyone is watching, he seems to be appraising her with a practised eye. He doesn't take anything. When he's done exploring, he'll come back to the deck and sit drinking wine with Ophelia.

When Lady Lavinia arrives and he is introduced, James will greet her pleasantly and politely and keep fairly quiet while the other discussions are taking place until addressed again.

Lady Lavinia, I assure you that the misfortunes of your vessel had nothing to do with me. I am only too pleased to see it out of the hands of the likes of these vermin. She is a fine ship, and has come through her brief change of ownership in very good condition.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming the ship is, in fact, in good condition.

These fine folk have invited me along, my Lady. Do you have any objections?

Spoiler
    Show
    Bit of charm - why not? [Diplomacy roll]

20. - Top - End - #110

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    Teach spends the time waiting for the lady to arrive exploring the ship. If anyone is watching, he seems to be appraising her with a practised eye. He doesn't take anything. When he's done exploring, he'll come back to the deck and sit drinking wine with Ophelia.
    Ophelia seems very pleased at Teach's canny ability to equip her with a glass of wine or two, so will certainly have been happy to pass the time waiting and chatting with him laughing and making small talk.

Spoiler
    Show

If you end up enquiring about specifics you will get mostly recent events and travels. Anything too distant past or family specific and Ophelia steers away from it tactfully as a diplomat.

When addressed directly by Lady Lavinia Ophelia will smile warmly and reply "It was my pleasure to help you carry your vengeance to some of those who wronged you. I will sleep easier knowing i have helped secure your stability and will gladly see you safety to your vault. If getting there sooner would put you at ease I believe we should make ready to go there immediately, I see no reason for delay"

She looks to the others encouragingly, trying to jolly them along a bit.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Solmon nods to both of the women. "I am ready when you are Ladies. I will happily accompany you into the vault to keep you safe Lady Vanderboren.

She smiles at Teach, Solomon and Ophelia, "Thank you for your offers of assistance. We should be able to squeeze in the carriage if Master Darth and Dirkwood ride with the driver?"

A few minutes later her guards are aboard the Nixie beginning to sort through dead pirates and animal cages and the party stand on the pier beside the carriage with the Vanderboren crest.

Piling in the carriage is soon trotting and rattling down the busy night time steets of the merchant district - that even after dark do not really stop. Night stalls now open and slightly shady looking merchants doing business done dark alleys. More than once from your safe perches you see the glint of steel as knife fights break out.

The streets show noticeable improvement and the street performers are cleaner as you roll through the gates into the Noble district. Large manses and noble town houses dominate here along with a strange apparent lack of city watch (although Dirk, Darth and Teach are well aware that the watch in Noble's district are all in plain clothes as the Nobles' don't like seeing obvious guards).

Spoiler
    Show

(Substitue Shelyn for WeeJas)

The carriage pulls up in the courtyard of a large well appointed inn with a well painted sign of a parrot sitting on a large opalascent pearl. Even as the stable staff run out to greet you Lavinia points to the South where the large and imposing fortress like bulk of Castle Taraknian lies on its own private island just a few hundred feet from the strange architecture with fluted towers and a free floating orb at the tip of the Witchwarden Guild - the guild of arcanists and

Lavinia leads you through the noble district shaking her head at the perfumed fops that paraded the streets here in ever more elaborate and decadent costumes. "It is like they do not even realise the condition of much of the rest of city." her muttered comment to Ophelia who she chooses to walk alongside. THe appearance of Lavinia's companions (the party) does draw some strange looks from the well dressed fops and ladies. Their servants for the most part dressed in plain almost featureless clothes.

A ferry guarded by a dozen of the Castle's own troops is the only way to get across the short span of water and soon enough you land by a small jetty that leads you into the bank of Sasserine. A large arched reception room filled with ledgers, quiet scribes - even at this time of night - and more heavily armoured guards in chain and clutching halberds with decorative feathered blades. Lavinia confers with one of the clerks and he motions you to follow.

You spend only a few minutes in the castle itself. Lavinia talks to a clerk, who verifies Lavinia's identity and her signet ring before escorting you all down a spiral staircase into a large circular chamber. Over a dozen five-foot wide hallways radiate out from the central vault chamber. Each hall is ten feet long and ends an an iron door. The clerk motions you toward a particular door and then bids you good day, returning up the staircase to his office.

The solid-looking door is emblazoned with an eight-pointed star. Above the door, inscribed in flowing script on a polished silver plaque, is the name "Vanderboren". A single handle protrudes from the door, above an indentation that corresponds to the shape of the Vanderboren signet ring.

"It seems that the signet ring is the key to the vault," states Lavinia. "Are you all ready for whatever is down here...". . The symbol on the door with its 8 points does seem familiar.

Spoiler
    Show

Know(local) or (history) will help with that

22. - Top - End - #112

Flumph

As they are walking across town, Teach will wait until Lavinia and Ophelia are talking, and Solomon is with Darth then fall into step beside Dirkwood.

Good to see you're still alive, mate. What happened to you? Seems you've fallen in well, even if you're stuck on dry land. Any news of the others?

23. - Top - End - #113

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post

Lavinia leads you through the noble district shaking her head at the perfumed fops that paraded the streets here in ever more elaborate and decadent costumes. "It is like they do not even realise the condition of much of the rest of city." her muttered comment to Ophelia who she chooses to walk alongside. THe appearance of Lavinia's companions (the party) does draw some strange looks from the well dressed fops and ladies. Their servants for the most part dressed in plain almost featureless clothes.

Chatting with Lavinia Ophelia replys "It can be hard to see outside your gilded tower, when that is all the world presents you and it is all you know and have ever known. It can be very hard if your situation is like that, and even to know you can look at the other world with any kind of realistic view, let alone step outside your comfortable life to taste it."

She smiles a knowing smile hinting a little of her own history slightly, before adding with slightly more girlish look

"But don't get me wrong, i love a masked ball. The decadence and costumes and fine wines..." and she smiles almost sadly with a far off kind of look in her eyes.

When we get to the Vanderboren door and are prepared to open it, Ophelia will just give a little nod, assuming this is a fairly straight forward vault and not really getting as paranoid as she feels some of her companions are.

24. - Top - End - #114

PirateGuy

Quietly to Teach, whilst offering a swig from the bottle of moonshine that has once more mysteriously appeared...

"Seems like all you have to do is shoot a couple idiots with two bits of gunpowder and a pipe and you get hired by the broad with the loosest purse in the city. I haven't seen anything of the others, but it would not surprise me if they are lying low, or have already signed on elsewhere.

What think you of the Nixie? She is poorly guarded and there are many eager hands in the docklands, not to mention a saleable cargo."

As we near the vault Dirkwood's treasure sense begins to tingle...
    Last edited by Mark_L; 2013-08-17 at 02:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Lavinia looks about to the rest of you, a small smile as she seems almost nervous all of a sudden. "Are you ready. Though I'm sure there is no need to worry."

She moves forward and reaches out her hand, the signet ring is inserted into the small depression above the handle. The door flashes once with blue light, then slowly swings open on creaking hinges revealing the vault beyond.

The room beyond is smaller than you expected and devoid of any real features. The floor of this domed chamber is of polished green marble. Two fifteen-footwide alcoves have lower ceilings and feature marble pillars carved to resemble coiling snakes. In the center of the room, five similar pillars are embedded into the walls, rising up thirty feet to a dome overhead. Looking up, the dome bears a huge representation of the same eight-pointed star that was engraved on the door to the south.

Solomon

Solomon peers through into the room beyond with a curious expression. "Is there more Lady Vanderboren? If not it seems somewhat empty?"

Lavinia strides into the room looking to the left and the right at the empty alcoves under the domed ceiling. "I don't understand? There must be a secret panel or another room somewhere"

Solomon nods and ducks into the room glancing to the left and right, eyes searching for any hidden buttons, switches or things that may suggest an opening.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (1d20+6)[18]

However... no sooner does he do that then a shape wrapped around the top of the pillar uncoils and drops down from the ceiling. An 8ft length of chittering metallic links as the creature uncoils and strikes at Solomon. Massive steel fangs dripping a dark blue liquid scraping down the chainmail without drawing blood - relieving Solomon immensly

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Cobra attack!
    Stealth (1d20+16)[36] - It randomly gets a massive racial bonus
    Biting Solomon (1d20+2)[9] Damage (1d6+1)[6]
    -- If bitten Fort Save (1d20+3)[8] VS DC 14
    or (1d2)[2] Strength for 6 rounds with 1 save to stop

The room is essentially a 40ft wide 15ft deep room. The doors are in the central 10ft (so 15ft to left and right). Solomon is standing in the centre of the room and Cobra dropped on his head.

Players to go.... Its only 1 creature so we'll do "players" then "Cobra"
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-17 at 02:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Flumph

Before we arrive, to Dirk (over a swig of 'shine):
    The Nixie seems like a decent craft. Not so sure about the cargo though - think we'll struggle to shift it and there is still that unknown beast in the hold. What about this lot? Think your new friends are worth the deckspace?

When we arrive at the vault, James will make sure his halberd is to hand, but will stand casually - he's not really expecting the treasure vault to be dangerous to its owner.

When the cobra drops on Solomon's head, Teach steps glances around quickly, looking for others then steps forward into a flanking position and jabs his halberd into the beast.
    Get off him! Lady Lavinia, can you shut this thing off? Or tell it to stop?

Spoiler
    Show
    Free perception [perception 1] as he glances around, if allowed
    Move in
    Attack [attack 1]

27. - Top - End - #117

PirateGuy

Before we get to the vault; "Soloman's useful, but too up tight for our line of work. The others have there talents; the tiefling is some variety of spell slinger, and Darth is a low down cutthroat, but a good one. Any other city and you'd be right about the cargo, but here they're crazy about this arena of theirs, and there is always a purse for an exotic animal to exhibit"

Dirkwood will be on full alert as the vault opens (on the lookout for booty and danger alike) cautiously following Solomon but sticking to the edge of the room.

As the iron cobra drops Dirkwood draws and shoots;

Spoiler
    Show
    attack, -4 melee penalty applied, again vs touch at this range (1d20+1)[5], damage, including point blank (1d8+1)[7] and spending a point of grit on 'up close' for (1d6)[4] extra damage )(1/2) on miss

28. - Top - End - #118

PirateGuy

Bah, and *their

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

Solomon curses as the massive collection of iron scales slams down beside him and its teeth scrape down his chain in a trail of sparks he steps back. Pushing it sideways he pulls out dagger and sword and lashes out with the long blade. Thankful for the assistance from Teach and starting slightly at loud crack of Dirkwood's pistol.

Spoiler
    Show

Draw weapons
    Attack with Longsword - 5ft step to flank with Teach
    Attack (1d20+7)[24] Damage (1d8+3)[6]

Know (Arcana) (1d20+7)[25] for trivia

Ducking and weaving slightly he grunts out a brief "Watch the Iron Cobra. Its poisonous, resistant to physical damage and spells..." he may have more to say but is also dodging being bitten.
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-17 at 04:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

RogueGuy

Darth will move to flank if possible.

And will stab at the head (as that normally works well).

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1