New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Shadows of the Past IC 3

"I... I think she went insane! For me, though... I think that those with me might be able to stop this, and save the woods. We only need to talk to Balion! I know he will listen, but this white shade... it's evil! Please, be careful. I... I don't want to lose any of you."

Violet continues to hug Primrose, waiting until she started to loosen her grip before letting go.

"Prim... it will be ok, I promise!"

After leaving:

As the owls start hooting, Violet trembles, eventually trying to hide from them beneath Irraly's hair, hoping that would be enough to protect her from them.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

What happened? There was Irraly. Then the giant. Then a shout, and darkness, and pain... Somebody screamed?
    Aradia wakes up slowly, blearily. She tries getting up, and shouts in pain where the giant cleaved basically her entire body in two. She staggers to her feet, lightheaded and spinning, and is promptly sick behind a tree. Eyes closed, she holds her head while leaning against the tree, and croaks in a quiet voice in draconic, "What.... ung- what happened?"

3. - Top - End - #333

GreenSorcererElf

As Aradia gets up, Violet holds on to prevent falling off, and chirps up from below her chin.
    "Hey, Aradia. I... I think you died. I fixed you, though, so you should be fine"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

4. - Top - End - #334
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Well,"
    Archadious says, looking around him at the set sun and the small clearing around him.
    "I think we ought to rest here for the night. We could probably keep going and push ourselves, but I think it would be better to save our strengths.

He then looks to Meic.

"Meic, I believe you are familiar with the Rope Trick spell, I think it would be wise to use one of those tonight, that way, none of us need to keep watch. It might be a bit cramped, but it would be safer than sleeping out in the open."
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2013-08-13 at 09:33 PM.
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

"I... died..? I died? How did I... never mind, I'd rather not know... Thank you Violet." Opening her eyes to see the Petal, Aradia gives her a grateful, sad look, as if to say she'd rather be anywhere than lying dead on the cold forest floor.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia: Once that axe nearly cleaved you in two, your head hit the ground as you looked side ways at the floor and see a pair of boots standing there.

Unable to see the rest of the person, due to the angle, all you can hear is a familiar voice.

Not yet, seņorita. Your journey has just begun....

You then witness firsthand why the Eastern Coven was so scared at Balion as he lifted almost everyone into the sky.

That's when the spitting kid, Steiner's boy, challenged the Mad Guardian to the Right of Protection, placing all of you in the same boiling pot.

Now as the owls hoot above and the moonlight seeps in through the canopy, you smile faintly as the petal heals you a tad more.

Yet the questions ponder in your mind...

How do you kill a man that has been said to never die?

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

As the little fey goes to hand Alex back the wand he shakes his head and smiles. It seems to me it was meant for you little one. You did a very brave thing back there. Alex says reaching his hand out and letting it fill with a bright golden light, gently places his large hand on her back, though it instead covers her whole body. A warmth can be felt tingling throughout Vioelts body as the glow seems to fade from his hands. Those who show kindness to others will always receive it. Alex says as he moves his hand away from her with a soft and gentle smile.

Spoiler
    Show
    +20hp Violet, Lay on hands

Once done he looks to the creatures that have fallen and begins taking their loot off of them. When a creature seems to appear out of nowhere made of sticks and acorns. Stopping he looks towards it only to be battered against a tree. If might makes right then you should know then that power also corrupts. Alex says struggling against the branches holding him back, his muscles bulging as he begins forcing himself off the tree. But before he could finish the little boy spoke up, challenging the guardian of the woods. So you will let them kill the stag then?

As they finally decided to make camp Alex goes to look for Kara as he always did, getting ready to say he would set up while she made dinner as they both knew she was the better cook, but as he turned around and did not see her he was reminded once more of her letter. Of her leaving him, a sadness goes across his face as he nods to the others and slowly begins working on his own tent. Getting it ready for that night, his first night ever without two of the most important people in his life being there.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Irraly hears the queen of the petals had decided to leave Irraly looks to the small creature, she had given the petals rides many times throughout the woods, and found their company pleasant and relaxing. Thinking about these woods without them was almost impossible to her and as she looked at the small fey she asked in Elven Could you tell your Queen to wait with the Coven for as long as she can. I would hate to see you all go. She says softly to the small fey, having healed the boy long ago for his bravery.

Spoiler
    Show
    +20hp Lay on hands

As the decision was made to make camp Irraly looked to Aradia. I think we need some space tonight, I was worried about you dieing, but that does not change the fact you threw one of my friends after the battle was over Aradia. They were trying to defend themselves. Irraly says before looking to the others. I need to pray now, so if you wish to join me say so now and I will explain the basics.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

@Irraly: you catch one of Primrose's tears in your finger and reassure the tiny fey that therevwill be no need to migrate. That the woods will be made save.

The blonde petal smiles and flies up and kisses you on the tip of the nose.

"Thank you Irraly. I will tell Queen Petunia to delay and head for the Coven instead."

As the petal flies upward towards the canopy she looks down at all and waves.

"Be careful, please."

And dissapears amidst the trees.

Once the moon shines, you watch Alex set up his tent and turn around instinctively to see no one and gets in his tent.

You look up at the moonlight breaking in through the canopy and the growls off in the distance.

It is time to pray for the Dark Maiden, as you shed your armor and, with sword in hand, begin the ancient ritualistic dance to Lolth's Daughter.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia sighs a bit as night falls, looking up at the night sky and visibly uncomfortable. Irraly approaching doesn't exactly help that. "Sure." she says very simply, as if she hadn't been anticipating any different.

As Irraly takes off to dance, Aradia wanders around the camp a bit, eventually setting her bedroll down on the least grassy spot she can find, heals her injuries as best she can, and curls up and falls asleep.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Reintse listens to Archadious' explanation and frowns. "Wait, you are saying that my father was afraid of something that might happen and acted based on it, without giving Balion a chance? But... Couldn't keeping him away be what caused him to go mad?" He turned to Luthon. "My father tricked him to keep him out, and you want me to do the same?" It just... Didn't seem right.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

With a sad down cast face Alex finishes setting up the inside of the tent before going back out and looking to the others. I'll take first watch if you want. And perhaps we should split it up into 4 shifts to make sure everyone gets enough sleep.

13. - Top - End - #343

As the small petal known as Primrose kisses me on the nose I can not help but smile. Stay safe and keep up high and hidden. I rather not lose any more friends tonight little one we have lost to many already. Irraly says softly watching the fey fly off.

The annoyance is clear on Irralys face as all Aradia could say was sure. She seemed so different last night, Irraly thought to herself as she began to undress, knowing Violet knew the dance and did not need to be shown. Once all her clothes were removed she began to raise her voice to the moon, her obsidian skin glistening in its light as she sang of her people once more joining the surface and returning to their kind hearted ways before the wars.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: You each bid good night and trust first watch Alex.

Armor and sword in hand you walk around the short perimtere of the camp, which is 40 by 40 feet.

Irraly sleeps soundly with Violet tucked in her bosom.

Aradia sleeps on the grass, a few feet away.

Meic has taken your tent, as Archaidous and Luthon rest in reverie, cross legged on the ground.

Reinste sleeps as well, with that...thing floating above his head.

The owls hoot and the distant growls continue through the night.

After two hours, your eyes feel heavy as you nudge Irraly and Aradia to wake up for shift.

@Aradia & Irraly: An uncomfortable silence follows the first few minutes as both walk around the camp, looking at everyone sleep soundly.

These woods were not safe. That much was clear, but so far, besides both falling to that damn giant, everything was fine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Both can roll a Spot and Listen
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-08-14 at 01:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

"I merely suggest placing you out of direct harm, Reintse, as well as denying Balion a potential opportunity to carry out his plans. It may seem underhanded, but it may also afford us an advantage, and we may find ourselves in a position where we must take every advantage we can get. Balion was driven to madness because of his desire for the goddess, according to your father. Since the Zealous Guardian was the most powerful of the three, they had to resort to tricking him to keep him outside the seal he now wishes to break..."

"I do need eight hours of consecutive restful calm, but sleep is not a necessity for elves. We merely require four hours of trancing. I will be able to partake in a portion of the watch, though I will be mainly a passive observer unless danger arises. Reintse, would you or Glit be able to aid us in the watch?"
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    2 hours each shift

Spot (1d20+4)[22]
    Listen (1d20+4)[23]

As Alex takes on the first two hours alone his mind is a jumble of thoughts, and though he tries his hardest to keep his mind focused on the task at hand he often finds himself sitting down reading the letter over and over. How had things gone so wrong? Alex asked himself as he looked over the sleeping forms of his allies for this moment. When this was over Myriam had a lot of explaining to do, and then it would be off to find Kara. Just these past few hours alone had been murdering him, his only regrief from the torment was when he was in battle not thinking about Kara being gone, but by his side.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Reintse thinks a bit about what Luthon says, but he just can't understand... If Balion was so powerful, how was he so weak to desire?

"I'm not a good watcher, but Glit has quite the sense for danger. He can glow faintly or as bright as a torch, just ask him, and if he spots danger, he'll glow red to warn you..." Reintse said as he removed his simple traveling cloak and set it on the ground. "Ummm... Can you help me take off my armor, please?"
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

18. - Top - End - #348

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+3)[22] (Aradia's bonus included) Listen (1d20+3)[7] My sight is 120ft in the dark so I would get more spot checks then others alan. tell me how many. Also Aradia may want to speak to Irraly unless future harm is wanted to be done to their friendship.

As Irraly is woken up for second watch she gently lays violet down and with sword in hand walks around the permitter of the camp, keeping a good distance away from Aradia. Once she feels the area is secure she goes to the center of the camp and simply stands their doing some kind of odd stretches.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

"Though I am not particularly experienced with plate mail, I would be willing to assist you with your armor. Glit? Would you be willing to aid us by keeping watch in the night?"
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks. It was very awkward with only Glit to help me. He is surprisingly strong, but his main way of helping is ramming the armor pieces into place..." Reintse explains as Luthon aids him. Glit replies with an affirmative green light.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia & Irrally: As the moon gets covered by clouds you watch the silent hoot of owls in te bnearby trees.

Then one flies up towards the tallest parts of the canopy.

You cannot hear them, but you see them.

Kazym's undead servants. Eight of them. And spread around camp, very close to your sleeping companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:

Archaidous

Irraly

Luthon

Salt Mummies x8

Violet

Alex

Reintse

Aradia

Meic

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Battle maaaaaaaaaap
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353

Archadious awakens with a start as he hears the growls of the mummies. He looks around him through blurry eyes as he takes in the situation around.

"8 mummies!"
    He mutters,
    "This is going to hurt."

Leaping to his feet, he quickly takes a 5 foot step to the northeast before casting a complex illusion to protect his companions. In a flash, it seems as if the conjurer has enveloped his companions in a giant globe if water. Complete with air bubbles rising from his companions and refracting light from the moon

As he stabilizes the illusion, he shouts to the rest of his sleeping companions.

"WAKE UP!!! We have mummies attacking!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    using move action to get up, then taking 5 door step to the space between Luthon and Reintse.
    casting major image to create the illusion that we are all enveloped in a large dome of water, complete with air bubbles and refracting light.
    Basically a 20 ft radius centered on the bottom right diagonal of G6

Hope this works

Will Save DC: 19 to disbelief if interacted with
    But how willing are they to interact with water?
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2013-08-14 at 06:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

@Archaidous: Quick to react, you get up and move closer to Luthon and Reintse.

Immediately, you conjure in your mind a world of pristine water. A perfect bubble of clear, fresh liquid that coveres everyone inside, well aware that these creatures do not like water.

The mummies stand clear of the swirling watery sphere, silently floating in space. Thier prey visible from outside, yet blurry, due to the water effects.

You can only hope they are dumb enough to believe it is in fact, water.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-08-14 at 04:11 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355

GreenSorcererElf

@Aradia
    Violet nods, smiling.
    "You're ok now, though, right?"
    Upon seeing your nod, she flies off.

@Alex
    Violet looks surprised as you pass the wand back to her, clearly not expecting that.
    "I just couldn't let her die! Not when I remembered that staff Azakhiel gave you. But... I shouldn't have taken it without asking you. Are you sure?"
    As Alex touches her, she winces, as he is hitting her bruise, but several moments later, she felt fine.
    "Thank you, Alex!. That is much better!"

Pre Attack of the killer mummies:
    As everyone goes to sleep, with out such critical things as pillows and blankets, Violet winces, sneakily passing out such things to ensure the comfort of all, pulling them one by one from her cavernous bag.
    Attack of the killer mummies:
    Violet is yet asleep, contentedly snoozing after participating in Irraly's dance.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2013-08-14 at 06:17 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

26. - Top - End - #356

Interaction between Violet and Alex

As I was healing our new friend, the little boy named Reintse I kept a close eye on the one named Alex as Violet talked to him, surprised that he had powers much like my own as his hands glowed with a golden light before healing her. With a soft smile I let Violet enjoy herself. She was safe and thats all that mattered in her eyes. Don't forget she has a new toy to. That wand that brings people back to life. Irraly told herself as she watch her with the large stick, like a staff in the small feys hands.

Battle

As Irraly's eyes adjusted to the night sky she looked around the camp once more before doing a patrol. Something she seemed to do every half hour or so. It was during one of these times Irraly spotted the creatures and she quickly looked to Aradia. Wake the ones on your side, I will get the ones on mine. and with that she ran and awoke Archaidous, Reintse, and Luthon, hoping they would all wake up the others as she went up to the top of their camp.

As she got to the top she looked at Violet and worried about her safety ran over to her. As she did a great ball of water rose up and she looked to see Archaidous was the creator of such wounder. Thank you Archaidous for such powerful magic. It is quite impressive. She says gently waking Violet up from inside the giant orb of water.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 30ft to J6 with Violet
    Using my standard action to attack any mummy that comes near her.
    Immediate action to activate urgent shield if they seem like they will hit my AC.

27. - Top - End - #357

GreenSorcererElf

Violet, being woken up by Irraly, and knowing that it is before dawn, stirs, and stretches, before opening her eyes, meaning to ask Irraly what was wrong, however, when she opened them, she sees the water, and her eyes go wide as she realizes that she is underwater, contained within magic of a sort unknown to her.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Some times all we have time for is to react Violet was it? Alex asks kindly. And it is because of your actions she still lives, it seems only fair that you keep the wand, staff I mean. Alex says smiling at the sight of the small petal with a wand in her hand made for creatures his size. It is only fair that someone who could use this more often then I wield it. I have the power, but my skills are more battle oriented. I am used to battle and as such I am always on the front line with...Kara. Alex says as his touch seemed to hurt the fey before healing her. I am happy you are better now little one. It would be a sad day to see someone of your bravery and beauty die. These woods are very lucky to have such a grand protector as yourself. Alex adds kindly moving his hand away so she could fly off if she wanted.

Spoiler
    Show
    This all takes place after the 8 salt mummies, as well as Violet

As Alex gets woken up from his sleep he looks around, a bubble of water. Irraly and Violet standing sword drawn? The mummies, alex thought as he quickly got up.

29. - Top - End - #359

As he concentrates on maintaining the illusionary globe, Archadious notices fear and alarm cross the faces of some of his companions as they too believe that they truly are underwater. Knowing that the mummies can understand and hear him were they to speak in common, he shouts out in Sylvan, then in draconic

"Don't worry, this is merely an illusion that should hopefully keep the mummies at bay for a minute."
    He says, attempting to reassure his waking companions.
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2013-08-14 at 09:07 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Alex looks at Archadious as he shouts out in draconic and some other language words he had never heard Melody use. Dam them knowing so many tongues. Alex thinks to himself as he looks at the globe around them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will (1d20+21)[40]