New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 54

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Ouch. Well, that kick will earn Garn Kubo a rather sickening crack as Trucido's Middle finger and ring finger break. But, Trucido grunts through the pain, wanting nothing more than to continue Force Choking Kubo. I'll squeeze you till your ego-maniacal head pops like a pimple. Oooh... **** @#!*% YOU. MY HAND. With that, Trucido just continues to squeeze, the motion causing his fingers to throb and hurt even more. There's bone coming out of his middle finger. It's bad, and the Sith keeps back tears.
    Garn's face is a lovely shade of purple, and as his windpipe is rather shut, he doesn't reply.
    Instead, he kicks Trucido again! Remember, Kubo is about 5'5"...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Inside Docks
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Docks]

As the sand gives way to rain, Becca looks around wildly. Did that stupid ponyta throw her pokemon in the water?! Phanish comes up next to her, forgetting his quarry in favour of protecting his trainer. Becca doesn't even acknowledge him, though. She runs over tot he edge of the water, searching desperately for her pokeballs. Phanish follows loyally.

[Otto's Manse]

Samona chuckles lightly and steps aside for him to come inside. "That's fair. Please, come inside." Once he does so, she leads the way inside. They don't go far.

He gets a view of the foyer with it's large staircase upstairs, arch to head into a living area, and thee other doors out, until she leads the way through one of those doors. There is one other guard aside from blue skin int his room, a smaller, nervous looking man. Otherwise, there doesn't appear to be any other security here.

They come into a small sitting room with a few comfortable chairs. They leave a guard standing outside the door. "So, what did you want to discuss?" She asks, taking a seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Inside Docks]

Ardent Heart is lifted on to the back of the tiny elephant.

...it looks rather silly.

Ardent is big. The elephant is small.

And yet there she is, dangling off its back all limp and comatose.

She's beginning to mutter and twitch a little more. There's a good chance that she'll wake up soon. After all, pokemon sleep charms don't last all that long, relatively speaking. Certainly not nearly as nasty as something like a wizard's Sleep.

The rain is washing some of the blood and grim from her coat.

[Downtown Rubble]

Many people have died.

Many people are injured.

Most are tucked away out of sight where they're slowly being smothered. Or slowly bleeding to death. But some? Some fate didn't see fit to squirrel away in a tomb of jagged concrete and twisted structural steel. Some are just laying out in the open.

Such as a man wearing what was once a pleasant blue tunic and a hat with a pretty feather in it. Now he's just as broken and twisted as the City around him, his legs bent in all the wrong places. He's breathing, though. Ragged, sucking breaths. He probably won't live for very long.

But there's a large coin pouch clutched in his hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moon View Post

Well.
    That sure was a thing.
    Sammy looks down at the grumpy, yelling Allen-wombat in his arms, not bothering to stop the robot. He adjusts his grip, keeping the scrabbling cowboy (cowbat?) away from where he had stored his revolver. "What am I gonna do wit' you?" he asks, looking around at the mess that was Inside.
    "Yer gonna give me yer revolver an' I'm gonna-"
    Maybe a drink will calm you down," Sammy decides, and heads off towards Trog's.

((Anyone can feel free to throw a character at Sammy and wombat-Allen on their way there if you want.))

Who indeed, Avatar? There's got to be someone in the city who wants to get rid of a daemon. The question is, is Alley willing to work with them?

"Oh, well, you see, I'm... a long ways away from home. Galaxies. Maybe more. And I have no idea how to get there. So I was hoping that you might be able to help me." She says the last sentence as more of a question than a statement. She vaugly understands what he's talking about - the parallel universes idea sort of meshes with the concept of the Warp as she knows it, but there's no way he's crazy enough to try to force the Warp onto reality.
    Right?

Mew doesn't bother wasting any more time on the humans -Not for now, at least. It's more concerned about the weird telekinetic horse thing that the other human tried attacking. Squinting its eyes against the sandstorm, Mew lands on the ground. It's form begins to shift and tilt. It's fur begins to fade away, revealing light blue skin underneath. Little cat-like ears extend into big, flat floppy ones and it's snout grows into a long trunk. Soon, Mew is an exact replica of Becca's phanpy Phanish. Gently, it tries to lift Ardent up with it's trunk and place her on it's back.

Huh, now there's two Phanpies, and one of them is lifting the rapidash while the other is still following Becca...

Acting on a hunch, Ken bends over and picks up the super potion Slope dropped and carefully lobs it over towards the second Phanpy, underhand. He's aimed it so it should skid to a stop right next to the maybe-Mew's feet.

"Sorry, for everything." He turns to Becca and shakes his head, "Polly and I will help you look for them okay? She's a better diver than I am, so it won't take long, and they weren't flung too far out." He's trusting that the Mew means to flee with the rapidash, but even if it wasn't going to, it's not like he could stop it from doing as it likes.

So he strips off his fresh shirt, laying it on a somewhat dry rock so he can swim without being weighed down.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1263

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Sheol Inc]

"I am told the demon we're hiring don't have issue with holy individuals like paladins. A wise attitude in this business. We can't simply afford to have prejudices, especially not in this world." Raffael replies.
    Sorry, I missed this...

That is most fortunate. Indeed, an open mind is a must-especially in The Nexus. Thatcher finishes all of the paperwork, passing it to the director.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ship-Thing

Who indeed, Avatar? There's got to be someone in the city who wants to get rid of a daemon. The question is, is Alley willing to work with them?

"Oh, well, you see, I'm... a long ways away from home. Galaxies. Maybe more. And I have no idea how to get there. So I was hoping that you might be able to help me." She says the last sentence as more of a question than a statement. She vaugly understands what he's talking about - the parallel universes idea sort of meshes with the concept of the Warp as she knows it, but there's no way he's crazy enough to try to force the Warp onto reality.
    Right?
    Well how else would he be able to study it unless it was in this reality. Of course he doesn't know what the Warp is so he has no reason to want to study it.

Nort frowns a bit as she asks for help. "Oh well I might be able to help. But only if I knew where you were going, or rather where you came from. Wormholes and teleportation are useful only if you know where your destination lies and usually a reference point to guide you. I'm guessing you don't have any coordinates or sky charts. Something that would point you in the right direction?" He askes as he gathers up the printed paper coming from his "ship" stuffing them into a file folder.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Orc in the Playground

[Goin' Somewhere]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "If I'm not being imprisoned, where are we going?" Magtok asks, but otherwise keeps silent. That whole nonsense about the right to remain silent in some worlds suddenly seems like quite an asset right now, as he does his best to avoid giving N'alae any more information than necessary.
    N'alae smiles. It's...bizarrely ominous. "To do some paperwork." Oh.

Paperwork.

That would explain it, wouldn't it.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside Docks]

Becca was just thinking about leaping into the water to get her pokemon herself. Thank goodness Ken is here, though. She doesn't want to soak another set of clothes, and taking them off would have been horribly awkward. =x

"...Okay, thanks Ken." Becca says, obviously very concerned. She can't bear to think about losing any of them this way. That would be horrible.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Downtown - Near Trog's
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Downtown, near Trog's

Sammy and his bulky load and swearing wombat attracts the attention of a small dragon who almost flew right by until he stops near them and hovers, with an expression that is clearly amused confusion.
    "Uh, you need some help there, kid?"

"ACK!" Sammy recoils, startled by the dragon. It's a good thing his hands are full, or else he'll probably go for his revolver. But since he can't reach it and the flying lizard doesn't seem to be the aggressive sort of flying lizard he's used to, Sammy calms down and (with some difficulty) rights himself. "Uh, sorry. Ya startled me. Yeah, m'friend here got himself turned into a... cat? dog? thing? fer trying to loot a shop."

"LEMME DOWN I DON'T NEED ANY HELP I'M GONNA GO BACK THERE AN' MURDER THAT MIDGET BASTARD."

Sammy sighs, tightening his grip around the squirming Wombat-Allen. "I'd really 'preciate a hand."

Spoiler: Docks
    Show
    [Docks]

As the sand gives way to rain, Becca looks around wildly. Did that stupid ponyta throw her pokemon in the water?! Phanish comes up next to her, forgetting his quarry in favour of protecting his trainer. Becca doesn't even acknowledge him, though. She runs over tot he edge of the water, searching desperately for her pokeballs. Phanish follows loyally.
    [Inside Docks]

Ardent Heart is lifted on to the back of the tiny elephant.

...it looks rather silly.

Ardent is big. The elephant is small.

And yet there she is, dangling off its back all limp and comatose.

She's beginning to mutter and twitch a little more. There's a good chance that she'll wake up soon. After all, pokemon sleep charms don't last all that long, relatively speaking. Certainly not nearly as nasty as something like a wizard's Sleep.

The rain is washing some of the blood and grim from her coat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post

Huh, now there's two Phanpies, and one of them is lifting the rapidash while the other is still following Becca...

Acting on a hunch, Ken bends over and picks up the super potion Slope dropped and carefully lobs it over towards the second Phanpy, underhand. He's aimed it so it should skid to a stop right next to the maybe-Mew's feet.

"Sorry, for everything." He turns to Becca and shakes his head, "Polly and I will help you look for them okay? She's a better diver than I am, so it won't take long, and they weren't flung too far out." He's trusting that the Mew means to flee with the rapidash, but even if it wasn't going to, it's not like he could stop it from doing as it likes.

So he strips off his fresh shirt, laying it on a somewhat dry rock so he can swim without being weighed down.
    [Inside Docks]

Becca was just thinking about leaping into the water to get her pokemon herself. Thank goodness Ken is here, though. She doesn't want to soak another set of clothes, and taking them off would have been horribly awkward. =x

"...Okay, thanks Ken." Becca says, obviously very concerned. She can't bear to think about losing any of them this way. That would be horrible.

"Phan..." Mew-turned-Phanpy staggers, having not quite expected the pony to weigh so much. A little psychic boost, though, and it's able to balance Ardent Heart over it's back. And it's only a little bit awkward!

And then, just as it's turning - a super potion! That's pretty useful! Mew looks back at Ken for a moment, before wrapping it's new trunk around the potion and hurrying it off.

Spoiler: Ship-Thing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Ship-Thing
    Well how else would he be able to study it unless it was in this reality. Of course he doesn't know what the Warp is so he has no reason to want to study it.

Nort frowns a bit as she asks for help. "Oh well I might be able to help. But only if I knew where you were going, or rather where you came from. Wormholes and teleportation are useful only if you know where your destination lies and usually a reference point to guide you. I'm guessing you don't have any coordinates or sky charts. Something that would point you in the right direction?" He askes as he gathers up the printed paper coming from his "ship" stuffing them into a file folder.

Alley grins, fighting back the urge to jump on her tip toes and wrap her arms around Nort. He was probably a heretic - that ship was probably fifteen different kinds of Tech Heresy. But that wasn't her department, and this was an emergency, so she doubted the Emperor would mind if she took advantage of it so long as she destroyed it when she was done with it. "Yeah, I have co-ords. The last planet we were headed to was, at," she frowns, then rattles of a series of letters and numbers that point to somewhere in the Imperium.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2013-10-18 at 01:08 AM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

Downtown- Near Trog's

The little dragon nods. "Sorry 'bout that. Your friend's probably lucky, most polymorph spells don't let you keep your voice. He's a wombat, by the way. They're marsupials or something. You're also lucky he used a spell and not a shotgun. But here, I can make myself bigger to carry some of that."
    His voice makes him sound rather young, maybe around his early teens. Floating to the ground, he rapidly grows to about the size of a small horse or a pony. Sammy can drop Allen's stuff on his back or he'll just take it if Sammy has his hands too full with Allen. Either way, Sammy should be left with just the wriggling wombat to carry.
    "I'm Zebes, by the way."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #1269

[Inside Docks]

Feeling comes first.

She feels like she's laying on a rock. Or... something. Something small. And moving.

Next comes sound. The sound of the wind. The sound of the waves. The sound of the rain. Voices.

Voices.

Those voices.

Those voices.

With a sputtering gasp Ardent Heart's eyes snap open and she begins flailing her legs wildly. A thousand different thoughts surge through her mind, none of them coherent. She tries to scream, to plea, to cry, to laugh but all that comes out is a horrible strangled whimper.

She had been sure she wouldn't wake up.

She had been sure that those... those monsters were going to seal her soul away inside one of those infernal talismans and she would be lost forever. Yet here she is, still in the land of the living.

...unless of course she had died in her sleep some hours ago and she had been in Tartaurus all along...

That explained far too much to be comforting. But she couldn't be dead, could she? Being dead shouldn't hurt this much.

After some effort she finally manages to wheeze out, "Please don't kill me... I don't want to die..."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

Downtown Rubble >> Outside the Rubble Zone

Downtown Rubble

Once she has the bag Hekta motions for Elias to follow her, he couldn't sit here and wait here forever. Once he managed to pull himself up she'll start moving away from the body, putting away the little bag into one of the large pockets of her pants. This was one of the best benefits of clothing, you could stuff things in it.

The little demon will smile at Elias once they're a fair distance away from the body, assuming nothing else happens. "See, now with all these coins we could buy... something." She claps her claws together. "Like food." She looks straight forward, imagining yummy sweets and all sort of other things she would enjoy stuff into her mouth. It's probably not the best long term solution however.
    Before Elias leaves the body, he takes the feather from the man's hat to take with him. After they get out of the rubble zone, he finds an empty looking alley with only one open end. "We'll start a fire on the street side, and sleep on the inside. If we can catch a couple of rats or pigeons, we'll be fine for food. If anyone gets past the fire, we go invisible and climb." He's not great at climbing these days, but he can manage in an emergency.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-10-18 at 04:06 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #1271

Outside the Rubble Zone

Hekta frowns as she see the alleyway. She had just started to get used to beds and now she was sleeping on the streets again? "But- but can't we like buy somewhere to sleep instead? That's what money is for right? Getting stuff we want without having to run away."

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Sorry, I missed this...

That is most fortunate. Indeed, an open mind is a must-especially in The Nexus. Thatcher finishes all of the paperwork, passing it to the director.
    [Sheol Inc.]

"It's a rule that should be followed whatever universe you go. A closed mind misses opportunities." The director says as he quickly looks over the form. "But everything seems to be in order here." Assuming everything is on order on the paper of course. "So we'll call you once the opportunity arises."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-10-18 at 04:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Rubble Zone

"We can't do that every night, or we'll run out of money."
    Elias says. He starts to gather rubbish to build a fire. "See if you can catch some rats."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1273

[Sheol Inc.]

"It's a rule that should be followed whatever universe you go. A closed mind misses opportunities." The director says as he quickly looks over the form. "But everything seems to be in order here." Assuming everything is on order on the paper of course. "So we'll call you once the opportunity arises."
    Everything does appear to be signed with a neat and orderly hand. Words of utmost truth, sir. Well, if that's that, I'll be on my way. With that, he'll attempt to shake the director's hand and leave the office building.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [An Alley]

KR is caught by surprise, and the robot is indeed able to grab onto her shoulders. She reacts quickly though, reaching up to grab the robot's legs, flipping around and attempting to use her suit's powerful thrusters to catapult them both into the ground.[/COLOR]
    Small spikes extend with great force from the legs, attempting to pierce the hands. They're very sharp, almost a monomolecular edge.

At the same time, the robot's right arm changes. The hand disappears, and panels shift and change to form into a barrel. The robot fires a shot at KR's head, a fusion lance blast at several thousand degrees Celsius.

This should take up about half the distance to the ground, at which point, regardless of what happened with the above, fires some sort of engine to attempt to slow itself down. They're quite powerful, but not designed to compete against another person's weight plus thrusters, so will only succeed in slowing down to an impact velocity that's non-damaging.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ship-Thing

Alley grins, fighting back the urge to jump on her tip toes and wrap her arms around Nort. He was probably a heretic - that ship was probably fifteen different kinds of Tech Heresy. But that wasn't her department, and this was an emergency, so she doubted the Emperor would mind if she took advantage of it so long as she destroyed it when she was done with it. "Yeah, I have co-ords. The last planet we were headed to was, at," she frowns, then rattles of a series of letters and numbers that point to somewhere in the Imperium.
    Nort scrambles to write down the numbers she gives him, probably making her repeat it once or twice so he is sure he has them down correctly. He looks them over nodding then looks up at her. "Right, I have no idea what these really mean. I know of about half a dozen of ways people try to map the stars around here and this doesn't seem familiar to me." Much like learning a new language, without any context these numbers aren't all too useful. "But I may know someone that does know about them. Or with some digging and some luck I could figure it out. Do you have any more information about the world you were traveling to, or rather the star it was around?" Maybe Nort's astronomy buddies would be able to find it in the vastness of Nexus space.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

16. - Top - End - #1276

[Sheol Inc.]

The director will shake his hand and bid him good day.

Outside the Rubble Zone

"Hmph..." Hekta does not look pleased but appears to go and do what Elias just asked regardless. Unless something happens on her hunt the demon will eventually return with some rats and a raccoon as her prize.

Hopefully Elias have managed to build a good fire by then.

17. - Top - End - #1277

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    Small spikes extend with great force from the legs, attempting to pierce the hands. They're very sharp, almost a monomolecular edge.

At the same time, the robot's right arm changes. The hand disappears, and panels shift and change to form into a barrel. The robot fires a shot at KR's head, a fusion lance blast at several thousand degrees Celsius.

This should take up about half the distance to the ground, at which point, regardless of what happened with the above, fires some sort of engine to attempt to slow itself down. They're quite powerful, but not designed to compete against another person's weight plus thrusters, so will only succeed in slowing down to an impact velocity that's non-damaging.
    While the robot and KR start brawling above, Felix has remained relatively stationary on the ground.

That's not to say he's simply been standing there, gawking, mind you. Rather, he's drawn a couple of bones out from one of his pouches and thrown them to the ground, resulting in them emitting a brief blue glow. KR is, sadly, a little too far away to be affected by this, but the drow should find his strength and agility magically enhanced. Just a little attempt to level the playing field and help the inferior fleshy beings match the robot's speed.

As KR then launches herself and the robot at the ground, Felix thrusts his staff at the ground, and the ruby orbiting the staff suddenly fades from a bright glowing crimson colour to a very dull red. From beneath the ground, there is an ominous rumble...
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

18. - Top - End - #1278

Spoiler: Downtown - Near Trog's
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Downtown- Near Trog's

The little dragon nods. "Sorry 'bout that. Your friend's probably lucky, most polymorph spells don't let you keep your voice. He's a wombat, by the way. They're marsupials or something. You're also lucky he used a spell and not a shotgun. But here, I can make myself bigger to carry some of that."
    His voice makes him sound rather young, maybe around his early teens. Floating to the ground, he rapidly grows to about the size of a small horse or a pony. Sammy can drop Allen's stuff on his back or he'll just take it if Sammy has his hands too full with Allen. Either way, Sammy should be left with just the wriggling wombat to carry.

"I'm Zebes, by the way."

"Woaaahh!" Sammy's eyes go wide as Zebes casually changes his size, watching in awe. "How'd ya do that? Does it hurt?" Once the dragon's size is stable, Sammy will drape Allen's coat over Zebes' back (it smells really bad) and gives him the bag and rifle, to Allen's very loud objections.

"Hi Zebes. I'm Sammy, and this here fuzzy guy is Allen."

Spoiler: Moving away from the Docks
    Show
    [Inside Docks]

Feeling comes first.

She feels like she's laying on a rock. Or... something. Something small. And moving.

Next comes sound. The sound of the wind. The sound of the waves. The sound of the rain. Voices.

Voices.

Those voices.

Those voices.

With a sputtering gasp Ardent Heart's eyes snap open and she begins flailing her legs wildly. A thousand different thoughts surge through her mind, none of them coherent. She tries to scream, to plea, to cry, to laugh but all that comes out is a horrible strangled whimper.

She had been sure that those... those monsters were going to seal her soul away inside one of those infernal talismans and she would be lost forever. Yet here she is, still in the land of the living.

...unless of course she had died in her sleep some hours ago and she had been in Tartaurus all along...

That explained far too much to be comforting. But she couldn't be dead, could she? Being dead shouldn't hurt this much.

After some effort she finally manages to wheeze out, "Please don't kill me... I don't want to die..."

By the time Ardent has woken up, Mew's gotten them at least a little ways away from the docks. Becca and Ken's voices are still audible, but barely and they're out of eye-sight. As the pony begins to stir, Mew comes to a stop by a patch of grass and gently lowers Ardent to the ground. It takes a few steps back, shifting back from it's borrowed Phanpy shape into it's natural form. "Mew?" it asks, keeping a respectful distance from the pony. It holds up the super potion, then tilts its head at her. It's as if it's trying to ask permission?

Spoiler: Ship-Thing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Ship-Thing

Nort scrambles to write down the numbers she gives him, probably making her repeat it once or twice so he is sure he has them down correctly. He looks them over nodding then looks up at her. "Right, I have no idea what these really mean. I know of about half a dozen of ways people try to map the stars around here and this doesn't seem familiar to me." Much like learning a new language, without any context these numbers aren't all too useful. "But I may know someone that does know about them. Or with some digging and some luck I could figure it out. Do you have any more information about the world you were traveling to, or rather the star it was around?" Maybe Nort's astronomy buddies would be able to find it in the vastness of Nexus space.

"Welllll, the planet is Scintila, it's in the Calixis secotr, and it's in orbit of," and she tells him the star it's orbiting here, since I couldn't find it in my Dark Heresy rulebook . "I don't have any star charts but if you show me one I can probably point it out to you? I think?" Star charts aren't really Alley's thing, but she's spent more time on ships than she has off, so she's probably learned at least enough through osmosis to point at one of the major planets in the Calixis sector.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2013-10-18 at 09:54 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Downtown, Near Trog's

Zebes cringes at the smell, having a pretty good nose, and sneezes out a prestidigitation to clean the thing off. And make it smell faintly of flowers, just to annoy Allen.
    "It feels really tingly. I could show you sometime, but I think you're a bit busy to be trying wings on. I can just do it because I'm a dragon, it's part of my natural magic, like fire-breath and telepathy."
    The next is said silently in his head.
    Speaking if which, would you like me to do something about him? I mean, keeping him what he is forever might be a bit mean, but judging from him now he could use the attitude adjustment. Maybe a nice tongue-tying spell. You can think answers back to me if you don't want him to hear.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #1280

Goin' Somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Goin' Somewhere]

N'alae smiles. It's...bizarrely ominous. "To do some paperwork." Oh.

Paperwork.

That would explain it, wouldn't it.
    "I find it a little confusing and a touch sad that paperwork of all things puts a smile to your face, whereas that Skyside party completely ruined your day. I'm not saying that to insult you or because I find it particularly relevant, it's just an observation."

Snark aside, Magtok continues following.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Orc in the Playground

[Goin' Somewhere]

N'alae would shrug, but, you know, leading Magtok around at disruptorpoint. "It was an attempt at being reassuring. Besides, paperwork generally doesn't come with a high risk of shooting, and I knew what was going to happen there anyway. The fact that you were paying attention is noted, though,"

We can probably timeskip past BORING PAPERWORK at any point, really, unless Magtok's gonna try something.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

22. - Top - End - #1282

[Sort of Near the Docks]

Ardent tries to shakily rise to her hooves. It's... no easy task. She's weak from fatigue, from pain, from blood loss. All in all she isn't in good shape.

When the weird looking bottle is held out to her she crinkles her brow at it.

"I..."

After a moment's hesitation she grips it in her teek field.

"Thank you?"

She'll look the potion over. Mostly because she isn't sure what it is. Hopefully it has some instructions written on it.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #1283

Spoiler: Inside Docks
    Show
    [Inside Docks]

"ACK!" Sammy recoils, startled by the dragon. It's a good thing his hands are full, or else he'll probably go for his revolver. But since he can't reach it and the flying lizard doesn't seem to be the aggressive sort of flying lizard he's used to, Sammy calms down and (with some difficulty) rights himself. "Uh, sorry. Ya startled me. Yeah, m'friend here got himself turned into a... cat? dog? thing? fer trying to loot a shop."

"LEMME DOWN I DON'T NEED ANY HELP I'M GONNA GO BACK THERE AN' MURDER THAT MIDGET BASTARD."

Sammy sighs, tightening his grip around the squirming Wombat-Allen. "I'd really 'preciate a hand."

"Phan..." Mew-turned-Phanpy staggers, having not quite expected the pony to weigh so much. A little psychic boost, though, and it's able to balance Ardent Heart over it's back. And it's only a little bit awkward!

And then, just as it's turning - a super potion! That's pretty useful! Mew looks back at Ken for a moment, before wrapping it's new trunk around the potion and hurrying it off.

[Inside Docks]

Feeling comes first.

Voices.

Those voices.

Those voices.

"Don't worry, their balls will keep them safe, and the waves around here don't move enough to shift them out to sea. They'll be safe until we fish them out. Let's go Polly." Ken wades into the water towards where he remembers the closest ball being, and gives one more order before diving himself, "Find any pokeballs underwater and bring them back to Becca here." Then he ducks underwater in a single smooth motion and starts to go looking himself, his poliwhirl following soon after.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Alley]

When the robot's arm begins to shift, KR will feel as strong arm around her before being plunged into sudden darkness. Sszinyon will have pulled her into the plane of shadows, out of the reach of the battle. To outsiders it will seem she has simply disappeared. The drow sets her down on the shadowy equivalent of the roof. There's no color here, except for points of red, sinister eyes watching hungrily. They're at a distance, however, save for a single shadowy figure that stands beside Sszinyon.

"Do you require healing?" He asks. "And do you know what that construct is?" The word 'robot' wasn't in the drow's vocabulary.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside Docks]

Becca sighs and plops down on the ground. She pulls her legs up against her chest and settles her chin on her knees. Phanish nuzzles against her leg and sits down next to her. She scritches behind his ears as they wait.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Dwarf in the Playground

[An Alley, Shadow Plane]

"Impressive. Activating planar shift."

There's a nasty screeching sound on the edge of hearing and the robot fades into view on the shadow plane. Here, its head is surrounded by a hissing aura reflecting its dark, psychopathic mind. It teleports up onto the roof between KR and the drow, and will swipe at the drow with its claws while firing a large number of shots behind it with the fusion rifle.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Rubble Zone

"Hmph..." Hekta does not look pleased but appears to go and do what Elias just asked regardless. Unless something happens on her hunt the demon will eventually return with some rats and a raccoon as her prize.

Hopefully Elias have managed to build a good fire by then.
    There's a nice fire by the time Hekta returns. He looks dubiously at the racoon. "Sometimes those have the hydrophoby. It wasn't acting weird before you killed it, was it?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1288

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Goin' Somewhere]

N'alae would shrug, but, you know, leading Magtok around at disruptorpoint. "It was an attempt at being reassuring. Besides, paperwork generally doesn't come with a high risk of shooting, and I knew what was going to happen there anyway. The fact that you were paying attention is noted, though,"

We can probably timeskip past BORING PAPERWORK at any point, really, unless Magtok's gonna try something.
    "Don't flatter yourself, ambassador. I pay attention to everyone. Well, everyone who matters, and given who you represent..."

Well, it'll depend on where they go and such. He might, but I'd need to know more. Definitely not going to stop talking, though.

"You're not really my type, anyways. Sorry."

Magtok says all of that with a perfectly straight face, not allowing himself to let N'alae in on the joke for even a moment. Better to let her think he's being entirely serious and heartfelt about gently letting her down, that mistaking her words for sign of interest wasn't a deliberate gag, but an accidental misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-10-19 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #1289

Outside the Rubble Zone

"Have the what?" Hekta asks in confusion. She had no idea what that word meant. "I dunno really. I just saw it in a trashcan and jumped it. If you don't want it I can eat it alone."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-10-19 at 10:51 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Alley]

The spikes don't penetrate far through KR's armor, grinding slowly through the ultra-strong lightweight polymer before she's pulled to safety for Szinyon. She stumbles a little as she gets set on the roof, disoriented by the sudden plane shift, but seems to adapt quickly, nodding to Szinyon.
    "Thanks. And I don't right now." She says, her voice filtered a little bit through the suit's speakers.
    "That construct is some sort of rogue killing machine made by some mad creator with a lot of ideas, but not a lot of sense." Explains KR. "He put a bounty out on the thing's head, since he wants to retrieve the data inside. I hope you're not thinking to collect, though, since I'm planning on wrecking it completely. If you want to help, that would be appreciated."

As soon as the robot appears in the shadow plane, KR pulls out the pistol from her left hip and fires at the robot, shooting a bolt of highly compressed ionized particles at it.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-10-19 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.