New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XI

A woman, aged maybe 26 or 30 years, with hair striped bright blue and dark blond, where it hasn't been replaced by metallic tentacles and telescoping tubes, heads in, and to the first floor's bar, to buy some cider. She seems to be looking for someone behind the counter, or at it, and is disappointed when even the cold crystal eye in the mechanical left side of her face fails to find them.

But, that was only an odd distraction, not the real reason for attendance. She waves over the woman in the lab coat, calling softly if it's needed to get her attention. "I hear you're looking for a job?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-10-30 at 12:50 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    A confused frown appears on her face. "Too far how?" Angie orders herself another drink. She puts one of her elbows on the bar resting her head in that hand.
    "Oh, any number of ways. Pushing them past their breaking point on anything from work ethic to method to working hours... or even beliefs and religion. Trust me, I know. I ruled an empire that spanned galaxies once. They threw me out - tried to kill me, actually - because I invented consciousness-transfer. They called it heresy, which I found rather ironic given that it was an empire founded entirely on science."
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    A woman, aged maybe 26 or 30 years, with hair striped bright blue and dark blond, where it hasn't been replaced by metallic tentacles and telescoping tubes, heads in, and to the first floor's bar, to buy some cider. She seems to be looking for someone behind the counter, or at it, and is disappointed when even the cold crystal eye in the mechanical left side of her face fails to find them.

But, that was only an odd distraction, not the real reason for attendance. She waves over the woman in the lab coat, calling softly if it's needed to get her attention. "I hear you're looking for a job?"
    The girl turns to the woman.
    Wha-oh, hello. Correct.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Aric, if he's here, will receive a message from Dipsnig telling him that there's a job in NO that needs to be done quickly, so he can head back to the base if he's interested.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    "Oh, any number of ways. Pushing them past their breaking point on anything from work ethic to method to working hours... or even beliefs and religion. Trust me, I know. I ruled an empire that spanned galaxies once. They threw me out - tried to kill me, actually - because I invented consciousness-transfer. They called it heresy, which I found rather ironic given that it was an empire founded entirely on science."
    "Wouldn't Heresy mean there would need to be some religion you were acting against? Was there some church to science? I'm not to worried about the people working for me running me out of town because of heresy." Pretty much the oppisite of that actually. "I'm not that hard of a taskmaster and I do my best to stay out of their religion."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #336

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The girl turns to the woman.
    Wha-oh, hello. Correct.
    "Hello! I'm Khi. Saw your notice, and we're hiring. Come have a seat and tell me what you're looking for." The woman motions to the bar stool next to her.
    Oh, when I was on appearance I should also have mentioned the wings. Batlike, dyed in gold and blue swirls, and not quite large enough to support flight under a mundane gravity-aerodynamic-muscular system, but probably quite capable of it in the Nexus.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #337

"Hello! I'm Khi. Saw your notice, and we're hiring. Come have a seat and tell me what you're looking for." The woman motions to the bar stool next to her.
    Oh, when I was on appearance I should also have mentioned the wings. Batlike, dyed in gold and blue swirls, and not quite large enough to support flight under a mundane gravity-aerodynamic-muscular system, but probably quite capable of it in the Nexus.
    The woman walks over and sits down.
    By name's Reperia Ingenium. I'm just looking for a way to ply my trade.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-30 at 01:24 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #338

"They Discover, Intelligent? Nice name. Lots more meaning than I was given. Can we get you a drink?"
    Khi motions towards a menu, giving a half smile.
    "Tell me a bit about your trade. Specifically, we're not familiar with clankology. Craft of some certain kind of machine? We're doing a lot of aerospace work right now and could use a physical science maven; you have any experience with rocketry?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #339

"They Discover, Intelligent? Nice name. Lots more meaning than I was given. Can we get you a drink?"
    Khi motions towards a menu, giving a half smile.
    "Tell me a bit about your trade. Specifically, we're not familiar with clankology. Craft of some certain kind of machine? We're doing a lot of aerospace work right now and could use a physical science maven; you have any experience with rocketry?"
    I come from a long line of scientists.
    Similar to creating golems. I can make a lot of other things: Weapons, vehicles, all sorts of stuff.
    No, I'm afraid not.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-30 at 02:25 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Striding into the Den, is a rather infamous and very old looking undead. The Captain walks into the room, his steampunk metal leg clanking on the ground, each step creating uneven sounds. His terrifying blade is not on him it seems. The Captain moves over, looking for the scientist with the green lab coat. You. From the Wall? I was looking for you. I am in need of a mechanic to perform some work on my ship, and to build me something. You will be suitably paid.

11. - Top - End - #341

Guess not. Well, one fewer expense.

"Neat. I'm, I think, the first in my family to go into any such field."
    Reperia gets a smile. "Would you like to learn? Even if not, weapons and vehicles would be a welcome help; we've been buying our munitions from this apocalypse preparedness buff and that's not really scalable. Is there any project you especially want to build or do you just need work?"

The other hirer looks over Clegg with disdain. People should have the decency to stay dead when they're killed.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-10-30 at 02:36 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Striding into the Den, is a rather infamous and very old looking undead. The Captain walks into the room, his steampunk metal leg clanking on the ground, each step creating uneven sounds. His terrifying blade is not on him it seems. The Captain moves over, looking for the scientist with the green lab coat. You. From the Wall? I was looking for you. I am in need of a mechanic to perform some work on my ship, and to build me something. You will be suitably paid.
    When I have free time, I can do that for you.
    Guess not. Well, one fewer expense.

"Neat. I'm, I think, the first in my family to go into any such field."
    Reperia gets a smile. "Would you like to learn? Even if not, weapons and vehicles would be a welcome help; we've been buying our munitions from this apocalypse preparedness buff and that's not really scalable. Is there any project you especially want to build or do you just need work?"
    Sure, why not.
    Not currently. I've got a ton of ideas, but none I've decided on.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-30 at 02:49 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #343

"Excellent! Welcome to the project." Khi extends a hand (not at all mechanical) to shake. "Start thinking about the best weapons to mount on helicopters and airships and to use against biplanes. Not necessarily at the same time."
    She finishes the cider (which she had definitely been sipping at the whole while).
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

The other hirer looks over Clegg with disdain. People should have the decency to stay dead when they're killed.
    When I have free time, I can do that for you.
    Thank you sir. My name is Captain Clegg. Captain of the Crone's Claw. Perhaps you heard of me after the Amenside attack. He gestures a bony, clawed hand for the scientists. Clegg has the decency to wipe the seaweed and tiny water parasites from the flaps of flesh hanging off his hand before offering it.

As for the other guy, Clegg merely glares back at the man. Clegg is terrifying and rather intimidating, seeing as he's armed to the teeth, very strong, and literally oozing undead nastiness. Yes?

15. - Top - End - #345

"Excellent! Welcome to the project." Khi extends a hand (not at all mechanical) to shake. "Start thinking about the best weapons to mount on helicopters and airships and to use against biplanes. Not necessarily at the same time."
    She finishes the cider (which she had definitely been sipping at the whole while).
    Reperia shakes Khi's hand.
    Where and when should I report to?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #346

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    As for the other guy, Clegg merely glares back at the man. Clegg is terrifying and rather intimidating, seeing as he's armed to the teeth, very strong, and literally oozing undead nastiness. Yes?
    The cybernetic woman looks back, not intimated in the least. Fear is rarely an efficient emotion. "Excuse my; your appearance is somewhat unusual, even here. What are you building, Captain? I was thinking we might work together."

Reperia shakes Khi's hand.
    Where and when should I report to?
    She turns back to her with a nod. "How soon were you wanting to start? I was thinking tomorrow, 2 hours past sunrise, at pier 3 on the docks."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-10-30 at 03:26 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #347
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Aric, if he's here, will receive a message from Dipsnig telling him that there's a job in NO that needs to be done quickly, so he can head back to the base if he's interested.
    Aric takes the call, answering politely that he'll be on his way, and leaves the bar in a hurry.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348

The cybernetic woman looks back, not intimated in the least. Fear is rarely an efficient emotion. "Excuse my; your appearance is somewhat unusual, even here. What are you building, Captain? I was thinking we might work together."

She turns back to her with a nod. "How soon were you wanting to start? I was thinking tomorrow, 2 hours past sunrise, at pier 3 on the docks."
    As soon as possible,
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

The Captain grits his teeth a little before responding. What I am building is none of your business, woman. I don't work with mortals unless I absolutely have to, which I do in the case with the Doctor here. My appearance is the normal for my race.h

20. - Top - End - #350

As soon as possible,
    "In that case we can head right on. Just follow me." Khi stands up and heads for the door. If Clegg is going to turn down help and mistakenly label her a mortal, well, no need to pay him any more mind.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #351

"In that case we can head right on. Just follow me." Khi stands up and heads for the door. If Clegg is going to turn down help and mistakenly label her a mortal, well, no need to pay him any more mind.
    A smile spreads over Reperia's face, and she follows.
    (Where to next?)
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #352

"Have you got any questions?"

They do their best work Outside
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #353

The drow shakes her head.

EDIT: Girl
    I've been RPing drow for too long
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-31 at 01:33 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Only a seven. /beautiful people problems.

"Can't say I do either. The effects seem different for everyone." Heck when he first called for some, he thought they always glowed white, until shown otherwise.
    Well, this body wasn't grown it's magical so he could at least assume an 8 or nine depending on the scale.

"And what effects are there?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

It's... a seven.

"Don't know. Didn't exactly go to all the people, ask their help, and give them a gem to find out. I presume you can't figure out what yours do for you?" Reinholdt asks, raising an eyebrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Wouldn't Heresy mean there would need to be some religion you were acting against? Was there some church to science? I'm not to worried about the people working for me running me out of town because of heresy." Pretty much the oppisite of that actually. "I'm not that hard of a taskmaster and I do my best to stay out of their religion."
    "That's entirely my point. I think they meant heresy against moral standards or something like that."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie gives a little shrug. "Well that is one of the nice things about the Nexus. Very few things are considered taboo." She finishes her drink and decides that she has probably had enough for tonight. Actually she has probably had a bit too much, she always was a lightweight.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Nevertheless, I seem to have a knack for finding those things."

Harald has a sober shot. Not for him to use, but just because he wanted to see if he could make it .

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh yeah the robot thing, I suppose you do. Maybe you should start to wonder why that is." Angie fishes out a few gold coins from her small purse to pay for her drinks, it looks like she is ready to call it a night.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #360

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    It's... a seven.

"Don't know. Didn't exactly go to all the people, ask their help, and give them a gem to find out. I presume you can't figure out what yours do for you?" Reinholdt asks, raising an eyebrow.
    "I couldn't." which is mostly related to FF not telling me.

"So do you at last have an idea what your gem can?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK