New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Nexus] The Dancing Fox Inn VIII: So Two Guys Walked Into a Bar . . .

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn.

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
    If your characters are upstairs, please use this thread to avoid confusing the other occupants

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.

The floors are rough hewn logs. In fact the whole inn is made of wood, with a solid foundation of stones. There is a downstairs common room of tables and private booths, and an upstairs with bedrooms. There is a bar, behind the bar is a kitchen. The tables and seats are made of wood. The private booths are also made of wood but the seats are cushioned by dirty and torn pillows. There is also a basement that acts as storage for the drinks and food (and a secret meeting place). Access to the basement is through the kitchen.

Renn usually keeps a heavy crossbow already cocked and loaded under the bar. He also has a sleeping power next to it that he sometimes uses on the crossbow bolts or sprinkles into a rowdy drunks drink.

The inn as a whole can be described as a little dirty and run down, but at the same time its homey.

Current Staff:
    Naku - Barkeep and Manager
    Mist - Barboys
    Empty - Barmaid
    Empty - Waiter
    Strahd - Cook
    Empty - Bard

HIRING: Could use a Bard, and maybe another waiter/waitress.

THE MENU:
    Spoiler
    Show

Under Complete Overhaul. Until it's done, just ask Naku for something.

Wines*:
    Bar Drinks*:
    Beers, Ales & Such*:
    Food:
    Dessert:

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Dancing Fox Inn!

Some Excellent Poems
    Dancing Fox Inn and DFI '09
    The Ballad of the Inn
    We Dream of a Town
    Spoiler
    Show

Older threads;
    Spoiler
    Show

Side note: The DFI is not in any way, shape, or form, inside Inside. It's just a quiet little place off somewhere, that would like to stay free from apoco-plawts, various inter-warring factions, and all that jazz.
    Everyone is equally welcome here, just please leave it at the door.

And, as such,
    On Violence:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The DFI is a peaceful place. There has been some IC, as well as OoC, talk about it, and the end result is 'please, for the sake of everyone else, don't do it'. If you want to fight, go elsewhere.
    If you insist on fighting here, you will probably find your weapons turning into nerf versions of what they used to be, until you leave. After you leave they'll be returned to what they should be.
    If you try to teleport someone out so you can kill them, it will fizzle and not work. Teleporting out in order to go do plot or RP stuff is fine. Just not to work around the rules and kill someone.
    Lastly, if you choose to ignore these and keep trying to fight, you will either be ignored, or the entire inn and everyone else in it will be teleported off somewhere else, leaving you where it had been completely alone.

Though please just don't.
    Last edited by Mee; 2013-10-06 at 06:05 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Dancing Fox Inn VIII: So Two Guys Walked Into a Bar . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "After that intro? Absolutely." Naku says, finally having something to do, and gets him his drink. "Anything else for you?"
    "I'll have--" He pauses, moving his stringy hair from his face, and squints at the menu with his deep set blue eyes for a long moment "some chips, I suppose." He strokes his thick stubble on his chin between his thumb and fore finger and peers around the establishment.
    avvie by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: [Nexus] The Dancing Fox Inn VIII: So Two Guys Walked Into a Bar . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chas the mage View Post
    "I'll have--" He pauses, moving his stringy hair from his face, and squints at the menu with his deep set blue eyes for a long moment "some chips, I suppose." He strokes his thick stubble on his chin between his thumb and fore finger and peers around the establishment.
    "Absolutely." Naku says, reaching under the bar, and handing him a bag of chips. "If you want actual higher quality ones, you'll have to wait on the chef. Those can tide you over until then, though.

So where do you come from? What brings you here?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That's all right, I just need something in my stomach," he replies, speaking rather slowly. After adding red and black peppers, he eats a couple of them and finishes his drink before returning to the next query, "I'm a traveling musician, barterer, vagabond, swordsman, and explorer amongst many things; I used to be a denizen here for some time though," he sighs, and then eyes the beer on tap - without moving his bloodshot gaze he continues, "I might have a pad here depending on what my room mates did to it."
    Last edited by Chas the mage; 2013-08-02 at 12:03 AM.
    avvie by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie manages to regain some of her composure as Mist goes to get her food. So when he comes back she is no longer any shade of red in the face. She smells the curry and lets out a happy sigh. "Thanks Mist this smells delicious."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

No problem. Just call if you need anything. I'll try not to bring up any embarrassing mental images for you next time. he says as he turns.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie's feelings waver between amusment and embersement. "Thanks for that, I can handle emberssing images all by myself thank you very much." And with that she is going to settle down and eat her lunch.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

((From the old thread:))

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Yeah Jamie, what other Cerise?" Irene asks, leaning forward a little in curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "You don't remember Miss Cerise? Who was Mr. Anshu's wife?" Jamie asks, looking surprised Irene doesn't remember this.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #9

After watching Hugin put down the harpsichord, Aiden makes sure it looks good, then approaches the bar. Whenever Naku looks at him, he says, "Hey Naku, when you have some time, could we talk for a bit?"

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    After watching Hugin put down the harpsichord, Aiden makes sure it looks good, then approaches the bar. Whenever Naku looks at him, he says, "Hey Naku, when you have some time, could we talk for a bit?"
    "Absolutely. But I haven't worked much lately, and Mist's been the great employee, so I should proooobably do some work." IF you want, we could PM the RP, and say it happened upstairs after hours.

"That's all right, I just need something in my stomach," he replies, speaking rather slowly. After adding red and black peppers, he eats a couple of them and finishes his drink before returning to the next query, "I'm a traveling musician, barterer, vagabond, swordsman, and explorer amongst many things; I used to be a denizen here for some time though," he sighs, and then eyes the beer on tap - without moving his bloodshot gaze he continues, "I might have a pad here depending on what my room mates did to it."
    "Huh. Sounds like you fell on hard times?" Naku asks, moving over to the previously mentioned tap of beer. "Drink? And if you need a place to stay, you're welcome to a room upstairs."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

"That wouldn't be a problem, I have to go back to work soon anyway. Maybe after I come back?" Aiden says, conveniently providing a reason to go with PMs.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "That wouldn't be a problem, I have to go back to work soon anyway. Maybe after I come back?" Aiden says, conveniently providing a reason to go with PMs.
    "Yeah, sounds great. I'll see you later, then!"
    So then, to PMs? Should I send the first, or would you like to?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Aiden grins and heads out of the inn, unless stopped.

Would you mind sending the first PM? I'm never good with starting PM scenes.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

The door opens, and, with considerable difficulty, a huge man squeezes in, clad in a suit of silver power armour. He stands almost twice the height of an ordinary human, and carries a sword with a strange, electric-blue, shining blade and a massive silver shield. He walks over to the bar.

"Could you direct me to the strongest magic-user you know of?"
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist provides his input.
    "Most of our customers don't really advertise their jobs, so I don't know too many. The guy in blue with the pocket dragon said he worked at Arcanus, so if no one here volunteers you can try there or one of the Acros."
    Jace and Callie were probably the only obvious magic-users to be here since Mist started working. There have been a few magical girls and healers in here since, but they've been more subtle. And Mist hasn't a clue where Callie is, or how strong she is besides that one (pretty awesome) lightning bolt display.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist provides his input.
    "Most of our customers don't really advertise their jobs, so I don't know too many. The guy in blue with the pocket dragon said he worked at Arcanus, so if no one here volunteers you can try there or one of the Acros."
    Jace and Callie were probably the only obvious magic-users to be here since Mist started working. There have been a few magical girls and healers in here since, but they've been more subtle. And Mist hasn't a clue where Callie is, or how strong she is besides that one (pretty awesome) lightning bolt display.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    The door opens, and, with considerable difficulty, a huge man squeezes in, clad in a suit of silver power armour. He stands almost twice the height of an ordinary human, and carries a sword with a strange, electric-blue, shining blade and a massive silver shield. He walks over to the bar.

"Could you direct me to the strongest magic-user you know of?"
    "As Mist said," Naku adds, her hands soapy and cleaning a mug, "Most of the people here don't exactly go around saying 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of X type the world's ever seen!'. That being said though, what type of magic do you need? Because that would narrow down who to look for a lot."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Somebody comes bursting in! The person is wearing navy blue wizard robes embroidered with gold runes and has blond hair, blue eyes, and a cute face. As if the robes weren't proof enough that this person is a mage, they are gasping for breath after a little bit of running. Am I... too late...?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not that I know of. Um, late for what?" says Mist to the mage of ambiguous gender.

19. - Top - End - #19

The wizard points to the man in power armor. He was going to ask for a powerful magic-user. (S?)He points at Mist. Then you were going to direct him to Arcanus. And now a point to Naku. And then you were going to say 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of X type the world's ever seen!' Which is when I wanted to enter, stage left, and proclaim 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of divination the world's ever seen!' but the walk took longer than I thought it would. Have you all already said all that?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, we did, sorry. Nice prediction, though.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh. Sounds like you fell on hard times?" Naku asks, moving over to the previously mentioned tap of beer. "Drink? And if you need a place to stay, you're welcome to a room upstairs."
    "It's not that, necessarily, I've just been on the road all day." He turns and looks over his shoulder, out the window at his worn out vehicle - most likely with several hundred thousand miles or more on it. "A cold lager would be very satisfying."
    avvie by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The wizard points to the man in power armor. He was going to ask for a powerful magic-user. (S?)He points at Mist. Then you were going to direct him to Arcanus. And now a point to Naku. And then you were going to say 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of X type the world's ever seen!' Which is when I wanted to enter, stage left, and proclaim 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of divination the world's ever seen!' but the walk took longer than I thought it would. Have you all already said all that?
    "We have. May I get you anything?"

"It's not that, necessarily, I've just been on the road all day." He turns and looks over his shoulder, out the window at his worn out vehicle - most likely with several hundred thousand miles or more on it. "A cold lager would be very satisfying."
    "All right. That works for me." Naku says. It wasn't a story of hard times, but it was the answer, and she had promised a beer.
    The beer is delivered to directly in front of him very quickly.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

He takes a sip of the beer, to taste, and gives a nod of approval after he swishes it about his mouth - and then he has a rather large swig. "I'll take a room here as well, I'd rather not sleep in my car again if I'll be here for some time." He removes a leather wallet from his pocket, and places it on the bar before he returns to enjoying his beverage. "So, have you worked here long?"
    Last edited by Chas the mage; 2013-08-03 at 08:49 PM.
    avvie by Sneak

24. - Top - End - #24

He takes a sip of the beer, to taste, and gives a nod of approval after he swishes it about his mouth - and then he has a rather large swig. "I'll take a room here as well, I'd rather not sleep in my car again if I'll be here for some time." He removes a leather wallet from his pocket, and places it on the bar before he returns to enjoying his beverage. "So, have you worked here long?"
    "Yeah, just pick an empty room and it's yours.

About . . . Maybe sixish months, now, from when I took over the place."
    Naku says, shrugging slightly. She doesn't remember exactly when she took over.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

"As Mist said," Naku adds, her hands soapy and cleaning a mug, "Most of the people here don't exactly go around saying 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of X type the world's ever seen!'. That being said though, what type of magic do you need? Because that would narrow down who to look for a lot."
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    "Divination? I may have need of you. I need you to find someone who can cast a spell of teleportation capable of bridging dimensions."
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Vutha nods.

"I will think about it. My cave ins t that clean since the storm a few days ago. If you can bring me a limo it would be nice."
    ((Think that wasn't answered, since it was the last post in the last thread.))

Vutha will then go and seek for free table, waiting for her drink.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #27

"Divination? I may have need of you. I need you to find someone who can cast a spell of teleportation capable of bridging dimensions."
    "Are you going home, or bringing something over?" Naku asks, apparently not terribly trusting on this subject. She normally is very trusting. Just not for dimension hopping teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ((Think that wasn't answered, since it was the last post in the last thread.))

Vutha will then go and seek for free table, waiting for her drink.
    ((Yeah, sorry.))

"Yeah, of course. You're welcome to stay here. But we don't serve limos. But if you can tell me what that is, I can try to make one."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Huh?" Cerise gives Jamie a curious look. "I don't know her. Who is she?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can't say I've met her." Irene states. Because she hadn't. Imagine that.

It was after her time I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Yeah, we did, sorry. Nice prediction, though.
    "We have. May I get you anything?"
    The wizard deflates, a comic expression of dejection on its androgynous face. But then it perks back up to its full height of five feet and a quarter of an inch, posing theatrically. Thank you miss, I'll have a glass of wine, please. As for your needs, good sir, I require not a single spell to find what you seek. Yes, such is my skill at discerning the truth of all worlds that I can easily tell you without any hesitation that I, yes I myself, am capable of teleporting through, between, from and to, around, inside and outside, and among dimensions!