New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXVII

[North Forest - Frozen Woods]

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post

Zane gathers the tattered cloak about him, places a hand on his sword, and heads towards the light.
    Zane will pick up on the scent of ashes long before he reaches it, and sees a campfire burning with a mixture of fearblaze and regular flames, at the center of a circle of scorched ground. A figure in red is sitting on a smoldering log near it, reading from an old, tattered book. It shuts with a clap as Zane approaches, and the hermit looks up with a slightly manic grin. "Zane!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

North Forest ~ Frozen Woods

Zane recognizes the presence of fearblaze before he can even smell the ash. A small grin sneaks onto his face, though the urgency of the situation quickly removes it. Hello there. I don't have much time; I need your help.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Deep Woods

"It certainly seems so. This one seems too easy, too." Jace says, looking at the large rock.

You were imprisoned by people, yes? What reason would they have to simply abandon your containers? he asks the spirit as his familiar scans the area for anything weird from above.
    Deep Woods

Kind of a dark area, but nothing seems out of the ordinary.

I can think of two reasons. One would be that something happened to them out here. The second is that this is...

Several noises happen at once. From behind and to the right of Jace comes the sound of a tight rope snapping, lots of forest debris moving, and a shout of surprise from Randii. From directly to Jace's left comes the unmistakable click of a hammer being pulled into place on a revolver, along with a low, steady female voice.

You move, or your little pet comes flying at me, and I fire.

...a trap.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Deep Forest

Jace pales, and it's not for the reason the voice might think. One second Zebes is starting to raac a warning, and the next someone pulls a gun.
    And says the P word. Oh, Apsu knows that was a mistake.
    A metaphorical second after the second after that first second, Zebes still hasn't moved, he's just the size of a truck now.
    "New plan, babe. You move, and I fire. And let me tell ya, That would be quite a lot of fire."
    "You really shouldn't call someone's familiar a pet." Jace whispers.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-09-09 at 10:44 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #65

Deep Forest

While Jace may be looking forward still, Zebes should be able to see the woman making the threat. She's kind of thin and lanky, with long, untidy black hair and dark brown eyes. Her expression is hard to read. She looks pretty calm for somebody pointing a gun at another person.

The strangest thing about her appearance is that she isn't just standing in the shadows. The lower half of her body is completely swallowed by the shadows of a large tree. Like she's melted into them or something.

She keeps her eyes on Jace as she responds to Zebes. You think you could get to me before I pull the trigger? There's a hint of smugness in her voice.

Jace...I know her voice. Be careful. This is a dangerous woman. She is one of the ones responsible for our current predicament.

Randii is still grumbling about getting caught in a net and hanging from a tree.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #66

[Frozen Woods]

The hermit rises up quickly, setting the book a ways behind her, on the ice, very carefully. "Yes. What is it? What you need?" She makes her way over to the newcomer, looking him over for injuries.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Deep Woods

Zebes eyes her for a few seconds, giving a nice and convincing dragon growl. Meanwhile, Jace is trying one of his signature tricks: metamagic, and lots of it. Sure, it costs a ton of energy, but who expects people to just ust magic without moving at all? Well, the lady might if she can sense a spell through the font of energy Jace is probably giving off from his own blood and the Spirit. If she doesn't notice though he'll simply vanish into one of the nearby trees. It was a spot he took notice of earlier, with a cleft where a branch splits, so his sudden appearance there shouldn't be too obvious; there's no light from the spell, the leaves around him hide him from normal view, and there shouldn't be much rustling.
    If it goes off, Zebes just chuckles and says, "I might think so."

Tomb of the Lost Innocent

Krayger nods. "That sounds like a good idea. Sure, try that."
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-09-09 at 11:31 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Deep Woods

The woman doesn't jump at Jace's sudden disappearance. She doesn't look around wildly. She simply lowers the gun slowly, still staring at where Jace was.

That won't work, Jace. She can travel through shadows, and make other things travel through them as well. Palta sounds tense.

Before this has to get ugly, I have two questions. Where is Palta, and where is Ivaz?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Deep Woods

Zebes tilts his head.
    "I have no idea who either of those people are."
    And he means it, too. Jace never actually gave any of those crucial plot details away. He was too busy following a magic compass while his familiar chatted about anime. Whoops.

10. - Top - End - #70

Deep Woods

The woman stays silent for a moment.

...and I take it your companion has simply disappeared completely then? Or rather, I'm supposed to believe that. Of course, I know he's still here. And he still has to answer the questions.

I told you it would not work.

Randii has stopped struggling, but she doesn't look too happy. She's staring daggers at the mystery woman.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Deep Woods

"Babe, you're pointing a gun at an archmage, a full-grown dragon, and whatever you count our tattooed friend as in terms of magic. Speaking of which, pardon me a moment...(*ptoie*) Zebes turns his head to the side and spits a little glob of acid at the ropes above Randii. They should melt through some of them before neutralizing as to not hurt her much unless they're special or it's messed with.
    As I was saying, we don't have to do anything from where I'm looking, Miss Shadowmancer."
    That's right, Zebes. Keep her talking.
    Jace has been preparing another spell, this one to temporarily make him Ethereal, which has the nice perks of not having any interaction with light or bullets. And hoo boy is it complex.

12. - Top - End - #72

Deep Woods

The woman turns her head to watch Randii fall out of the net, get back up, dust herself off, and get into a fighting pose.

She's silent again for a moment. Fine. I tried the non-violent way. She leans back and disappears completely into the shadows.

Probably would've been easier for your partner to just answer my questions, really. Her voice seems to sound from all the shadows in the area. Randii keeps looking around.

Before he can get his spell off, Jace may suddenly find a firm grip on his shoulders. The woman has reached out of a shadow in his tree, and is now trying to pull him back into it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just as a hint of sorts, she did prefer talking to fighting. If they still wanna fight, that's fine. Just so you know. I'm fine either way.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #73

Frozen Forest

Zane lets out a deep breathe, removing his cloak and hanging it on a branch. I need to lose the fearblaze. My old employers, well, I'm a threat to them and they're not going to let me walk away from them. I'm not sure if this will work. I may lose pyromancy entirely, maybe just for a period of time, but I need you to remove the fearblaze from magical core. I need you to use your skills to summon it from my heart. It will be painful, but I will be able to live as free man, well, what's left of me can. He adds the last bit thoughtfully, looking down at his cyborg arm and lower face. This decision is obviously very painful for him...but he's willing to go through with it. Oh, and just in case the hermit had difficulties agreeing with him. I'm also going to hang out to a few of these-he says, holding a few firespheres while deliberately looking away-so in time, I may become whole again. No matter, my element lives in you. The stronger of us.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2013-09-10 at 12:23 AM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Hmmm.

Decisions, decisions.

Well, when it's a hard decision, go with the smashy.

But why take chances?

Option C it is.

As she sees the transport head towards the area, Felandria concentrates and grows to her maximum size, which is less impressive in a world this size, by scale she's now a little over 10'

And now for the test.

This should be interesting.

She casts Righteous Might.

She feels the magic flow through her and she grows again, doubling in size.

So in this world, she now stands around 21' tall, but she almost shudders when she realizes that back home she would be over 100 stories tall.

((Hopefully one day I can do this without spelling out all the math))

She sees the trucks come to a stop and the men exit the truck.

Showtime.

Felandria pulls out the scroll and casts the spell.

Time Stop.

She sees the men freeze in place, time is of the essence.

Felandria runs out from her hiding spot at full speed towards the convoy.

She yanks the doors off of each truck, reaches in and rips off the steering wheels.

Then she pulls open the hoods and pulls out whatever various parts she can to disable them, flinging the parts into the distance.

With her remaining few seconds, she gathers the men into one group and stands looming over them, her sword in her hand resting on her shoulder, a smile on her face.
    ((I'm sorry for th need of poke, but as you see my posting is very sporatic and I don't want you to get annoyed so I have to think of things twice or more times.))

I assume from a point that she used her increase in size just when they stopped the trucks. Otherwise, you know a 21' high person can't hide behind single trees.

Other then that most of her action succed. Expect one. The gathering of the men fails. The spell seem to maybe work a little differetn (I looked it up^^) As she tries to grab the first men, the spell ends. Even thought she now got a few moments doing whatever she wants until the man realize the big woman in front of her.

"MONSTER." one shouts and the men draw their weapons. Right now there are twelve. 3 draw guns 3 draw books and the rest draws a mix of sword axe and mace improved by stempunk technologie.

Felinda still got a few moments so it' likly she killst or throws away some of the people.

Just for reference I looked the spell up here.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #75

[Frozen Forest]

"Oh no." The hermit nods, slowly. She speaks carefully, working through what must be going on aloud.

"I think it can come back. I've learned to call red flames again, you see. But won't they...they don't know about me. No one did except Martyn, and he's dead." That will change things, keep him safe. So long as it stays a secret. Which means she can't take her true form when word might reach them.

It's visibly difficult for her to agree with it, but she does, going to take Zane's good hand and lead him away from the campfire. "Not in a place of ice."

The stronger of them, is she? One bright point, she likes the sound of that.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-09-10 at 08:19 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[OUTSIDE, a few miles from Inside]

((There's been a big lapse in posting between me, GDM, and Ryan, so I'm going to break protocol and post again to get things moving.))

After a few minutes scanning the horizon, Leo spots what appears to be a cluster of buildings in the distance. He gestures in their direction and comments, "That looks like a settlement off that way. A roof over my head would be nice...Any chance we'd be welcome there?"

If no one objects to the idea, he will struggle to his feet, most likely aided by either the blue-haired kid or by his staff, and start off in that direction. Before going too far, he will turn back to the spectral girl and tell her, "I'll be back before too long...Again, sorry to make you wait." Finally, he will limp off into the distance, making his way to the city...
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2013-09-10 at 09:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Frozen Woods

Zane relaxes ever-so-slightly as she agrees to his plans. They shouldn't know about you, though I can't say whether they have cameras going in my fake eye or not. There's a good chance I will regain the flames. Zane lets her take his hand, not protesting as he disliked the cold equally.
    Aye, the stronger, he said so after the transformation.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #78

[Frozen Woods -> Prairie]

The Hermit leads the way out of the icy forest, to the rocky grasslands outside it, till she judges they are far enough away, where she starts burning off a small circle of ground, as in the woods.
    "But they don't know you'll recover it. Not having it will give you a way out."
    She calls up a flame in her hand, and focuses on it until all the red and yellow leaves it, and there is only black.
    "You are sure."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post

((There's been a big lapse in posting between me, GDM, and Ryan, so I'm going to break protocol and post again to get things moving.))

After a few minutes scanning the horizon, Leo spots what appears to be a cluster of buildings in the distance. He gestures in their direction and comments, "That looks like a settlement off that way. A roof over my head would be nice...Any chance we'd be welcome there?"

If no one objects to the idea, he will struggle to his feet, most likely aided by either the blue-haired kid or by his staff, and start off in that direction. Before going too far, he will turn back to the spectral girl and tell her, "I'll be back before too long...Again, sorry to make you wait." Finally, he will limp off into the distance, making his way to the city...
    "It's fine."
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

[High Sea Adventures]

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Estrielle smiles. Okay. I think we should be safe enough. Hopefully we don't need to use the escape hatch. She opens the warriors mouth slightly, and pours a sip of the tea in. The warrior doesn't seem to have any trouble drinking it, so far. Be safe. And bring back your princess.
    Derek nods a small smile appearing on his face when she calls Jezebelle a princess. He heads back up and goes to get the dighny set up to take it ashore. "Still no sign of anything dangerous?" He will ask Reinholdt once he is back up on deck.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria raises an eyebrow.

Greece?

No, this isn't Greece, this is Golarion, a world of elves, Dwarves, goblins, Orcs, dragons, skeletons, adventure, treasure, all that good stuff.

But I mean if you guys just wanna hang out, that's fine.

I should warn you though, around here, things tend to happen when you say stuff like that, things that tend to force you to seek adventure.

Like any minute, someone is probably going to run through that door, pale and panicked, telling us about something horrible in the woods.

Felandria turns and watches the door.

Nothing happens.

Huh.

Guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    TARDIS Adventures

"No? Greece was invoked, I was quite sure I..." Wilhelm grimaces, dismissing the issue with a wave of his hand. "Ah, well, it seems I am mistaken. In that case I will throw in my vote with the rest." But he seems disappointed.

Tardis Adventures

"You shouldn't be getting grease everywhere sir. It's a real pain to clean up sir and someone could slip and fall sir."

And that would be dangerous!

"Do you live here and visit the Nexus ma'am or do you live in the Nexus now ma'am?"

[High Sea Adventures]

Reinholdt wakes up from nearly falling asleep.

"No. Nothing. I think he's decided to invite us to his island of doom and kill us there."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ((I'm sorry for th need of poke, but as you see my posting is very sporatic and I don't want you to get annoyed so I have to think of things twice or more times.))

I assume from a point that she used her increase in size just when they stopped the trucks. Otherwise, you know a 21' high person can't hide behind single trees.

Other then that most of her action succed. Expect one. The gathering of the men fails. The spell seem to maybe work a little differetn (I looked it up^^) As she tries to grab the first men, the spell ends. Even thought she now got a few moments doing whatever she wants until the man realize the big woman in front of her.

"MONSTER." one shouts and the men draw their weapons. Right now there are twelve. 3 draw guns 3 draw books and the rest draws a mix of sword axe and mace improved by stempunk technologie.

Felinda still got a few moments so it' likly she killst or throws away some of the people.

Just for reference I looked the spell up here.
    Well, then.

She had tried to do this without harming anyone, hoping they would flee in terror at the sight of her, but alas.

Since the spell ended before she could gather them, her sword is still sheathed, and compared to her, the men are less than two feet high, she only saw one option.

You wanna see a monster?

You got it.

Felandria attacks, grabbing the men and throwing them into the sides of the trucks, knocking their tiny weapons out of their hands and just straight up knocking them around.

She still takes care not to kill them, aiming to incapacitate them so she can tie them up.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

23. - Top - End - #83

Prairie

Zane nods, following her into the plains. Aye, they know little enough about our element. Crimson may notice this is the first time the dark pyromancer has referred to fearblaze not as his alone. He watches as the hermit refines the ball of flame in her hand, waiting for agony. I'm ready. He states, removing his shirt, baring his scars to the world.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #84

"If you need, I can help you when it's time to get it back. But I'll stay away for now. Don't want to tip them off that our power is still here."

The Hermit glances over the scars, nods, and brings the flames up to Zane's chest, over his heart, in one quick movement. Yes, there's more fearblaze here. Just as moving a disk of fire, but in another dimension entirely. It's just an uncomfortable feeling now, feeling someone else manipulate the fearblaze in his magical core.

Now, just like she filtered flame out of her own, she starts separating his normal pyromancy from fearblaze. This should be where the pain starts. And that's the easy part. The difficulty would lie in letting it happen, not holding on to your power.

It will only get worse as the fearblaze is drawn out, the flames spreading from the Hermit's hand to cover her and then spread across the ground. The Hermit tries not to pay any attention to Zane, setting her expression as blank as can be.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Tardis Adventures

"You shouldn't be getting grease everywhere sir. It's a real pain to clean up sir and someone could slip and fall sir."

And that would be dangerous!

"Do you live here and visit the Nexus ma'am or do you live in the Nexus now ma'am?"
    I have homes both places but right now I'm living in the Nexus.

I have a house that changes with me, since I can grow and shrink it's nice to have a place I don't have to worry about accidentally outgrowing.

It's nice to have different places to go, though, I love meeting new people, trying new things, I do have an awful lot of time to kill.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

26. - Top - End - #86

Prairie

Zane makes no response, steeling himself for the anguish to come. Indeed, as the Hermit draws the fearblaze from his Core, he feels as if his very soul is being torn from his essence. 17 years has this cursed element plagued him, and now it is being forcibly drawn from him like blood from a wound. Darkstar feels one thing as the fire is removed. Regret.
    A single tear drips down from his eye, which had turned black at the beginning, now back to its vibrant blue.
    By the end of this process, his face will be contorted and pale from the raw pain...
    He lives through it, but he passes out soon after.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"I believe thats Inside" Ray explains to Leo "its the largest city in the nexus. It's pretty hectic there so I should come along, at least until we can get you fixed up." Waving goodbye to the ghost ray hurries after his new compatriot. He is unsure if he should help Leo get to the city or just follow him, after all he dosen't want to hurt Leo's ego, if he has one. Deciding to go with the safer option he walks slow to keep pace with Leo, and the two set out for the city.

OOC: I think next post should be in Inside. Send me another PM if you disagree, otherwise on to the Inside thread :) .

28. - Top - End - #88

[Prairie]

Bit by bit, the Hermit drains out the fearblaze, pulling the element into and through herself. The flames start to take a shape. She closes here eyes; it's best not to see this happening, tearing someone apart like this, even for their own good. She doesn't notice them finish changing color. All hint of blue was gone, and the little bits of color that remained depart. Pure black. The flames finish making a shape, a great cold predatory bird flickering over her, and she notices, and pulls them back in and away.

Zanes core should be left empty of fearblaze, hopefully with normal flames left, but it might have been too tightly linked. The Hermit goes to catch Darkstar in her arms and set him down softly.

He'll probably wake up deeper in the fields, without the forest in sight, under a small lean-to, no one else around.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-09-10 at 03:55 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Tardis Adventures

"Don't kill time ma'am! People need time to tell how long they've been working and how much they need to get paid ma'am!"

It would be a disaster if Felandria killed time. A real disaster!

Also I'm not sure we need too much of posting order right now, so long as we're throwing pages of back and forth without giving others a chance to speak up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    A Hillside

"Do you have anywhere to go?" She really doesn't know, Copi seems like the type to wander about aimlessly most times.
    Copi sighs. "What do you mean? I'm staying at Kate's apartment until the funeral business is done. I should find something else to call it now. If you meant more immediately, I have free time."