New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1497
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXVII

Pokemon Lab

She charges the creature which is pushed against the wall by the medical tray by the throat but still tries to reach Mawile with it's long fiery tail as it tries to get itself free.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pokemon Lab

Tails are hard to aim with when you can't move much, and Mawile will try to make use of this by trying to grab the tail with her second jaw. NO, not on the end. She's smarter than that. From there, she tries to focus the force behind the tray on the thing's neck. Maybe she can get it to black out.

3. - Top - End - #1023

Pokemon Lab

The creature eventually stops struggling as Mawile pushes harder and eventually seem to have fainted, or at least passed out temporarily.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pokemon Lab

Excellent! Does this place have any tape? If so, Mawile will tape that thing to something. Yes, keeping the tail in mind. Don't want to to be able to use that to melt the tape. Also, tape the mouth shut.

If there is no tape, she's going to have to ad lib by bending the medical tray around it into makeshift binds.

5. - Top - End - #1025

Pokemon Lab

There is surgical tape in one of the drawers but not anything else she can really use. The room looks slightly worse to wear thanks to the breath weapons yet no one seem to have noticed their fight so this level must really be empty right?

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pokemon Lab

Binding the thing in crude metal binds it is, then. If that's successful, Mawile will peer into the hall and try to place her location in the facility. That is to say, look for landmarks that were on the map.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    What Call Does The Blind Cat Make?

"I dunno. I'm finally not starving. I'd like to enjoy it even just a bit." Naku says, frowning at Rein.

"I... yeah. Ok." Rein's not totally convinced, but that's a pretty decent guilt trip if he tried to push past that. Rein certainly doesn't need more guilt.

Besides, it's fairly clear by this point, only force will convince Naku to take off the necklace, and Reinholdt doesn't have the proof to justify moving on to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Dwarf in the Playground

High Seas Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Jezebelle struggles to get herself swinging. Derek can tell that she has done this before, as she seems to get herself going rather quickly. He can also see that she's not going to reach him, unless he lowers her down a little.
    Derek quickly gets the picture and lowers her down so she can swing closer to the edge. He will also move to the edge and try to catch her and pull her in as she swings.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

((Thanks GrandDM!)

[Dungeon of Kharuzar]

Ray is starting to get impatient, though he tries to hide it. As a fairly seasoned adventurer he knows that the longer they stay in a place like this the more likely they are to die some horrible death. He turns to the ghost. "I'm all for it" notes Ray "do you know where this passageway is?" The way he sees it they can figure out the nature of the spells when they get there.
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2013-11-10 at 12:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Pokemon Lab

Binding the thing in crude metal binds it is, then. If that's successful, Mawile will peer into the hall and try to place her location in the facility. That is to say, look for landmarks that were on the map.
    Pokemon Lab

It's as successful as one can imagine with crude metal, which isn't very but better than nothing. As she looks out into the corridor she might note the sign showing her she's in the medical section of the base which is two levels above the fusion chamber and the holding cells.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pokemon Lab

Mawile will try to get back up into the vent, then, and continue descending down the shaft. Two more floors...

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"I... yeah. Ok." Rein's not totally convinced, but that's a pretty decent guilt trip if he tried to push past that. Rein certainly doesn't need more guilt.

Besides, it's fairly clear by this point, only force will convince Naku to take off the necklace, and Reinholdt doesn't have the proof to justify moving on to that.
    Abandon Ship?

"Then back to the inn?" Naku asks, turning and walking off before Rein can answer.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Never Get off the Love Boat

Well, Reinholdt hurries up to walk next to Naku, occasionally glancing at her to see if there are anymore changes, like in her walk and stance. He feels bad, particularly about feeling bad, because he's not sure if he should. He's just got the unmistakable feeling that things aren't right here, but his instinct has been so terribly wrong in the past, he's afraid he's overreacting.

Well... back to the inn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Why the heck is Melody's place on an Island? Doesn't she know water is a cat's worst enemy?

Reinholdt's not going to hold back though just because his course of actions are limited to all of maybe three things. He dives in after the man, flying literally into the water with help from gravity too. It's nowhere near as effective as his normal flight, but it's better than an inexperienced person trying to swim. And it hurts like mad. And he bets more than anything he can't hold his breath like he suspects this person supernaturally can.

But his goal isn't to catch up. He knows he won't be able to. It's to get him in sight, to line it up briefly. To use Rein's wand of Read Thoughts. It works just as expected and Reinholdt is hoping to at least learn where they're going. It might be possible to ambush him on the other side if he's lucky.

Anyways, Rein will hold that out for as long as he think he can manage, trying to get as much information as he can before going back up for air. Maybe a bit longer because this is important, but dying stupidly won't help anyone.
    Wand of Read Thoughts! :EEK: When'd he get that? And as to the previous question, Melody didn't make her place on the island, Gersemi did. And it was Uncle Raven who sent Melody to her to be trained. So ask Gersemi, if you can find her.

So, Reinholdt points the wand at Grandpa Meany-head and learns the following:

~Woah! Where'd that stupid flying cat come from? Got out of there just in time!

Was he pink? I thought he was blue?

Well he'll find himself a nice little surprise when he finds that ugly blue creature. Or what's left of it. Almost wish I could see the look on his face.

Well little one, we're off to my new home now. I'll show you how to be a true mage. Not some goody-goody like they wanted.

And though Reinholdt doesn't get the exact coordinates, he gets an impression of how long it'll take to swim there, in what direction, and a fuzzy vision of what it looks like. All just before he has to surface for air, or drown.

High Seas Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek quickly gets the picture and lowers her down so she can swing closer to the edge. He will also move to the edge and try to catch her and pull her in as she swings.
    Jezebelle is caught on the very first swing close enough for Derek to grab her. As soon as she is released, Jezebelle overly happily hugs herself to Derek as best she can.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-11-10 at 04:06 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #1035

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Old Arena

Thatcher barely manages to avoid the first nine shots, but this last sphere of plasmic energy takes him completely by surprise. It is a direct hit, and Thatcher gets knocked down.
    Old Arena

Andy stops shooting as Thatcher falls down.

"I think that's enougth."
    he shouts. He doesn't put his weapons down and keeps them ready. After all he still fears that he will try to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Outside Town]

"I don't like flowers!"

Alexis announces, wrinkling her nose in childish contempt! It's rude to make someone's nose explode! Stupid discourteous plants need to learn manners!

"The town isn't full of flowers, is it?"

Alexis doesn't understand why they are traveling to a town, and she certainly doesn't want her nose to explode again!
    [Outside Town]

"It's not their blame. Your body reacts that way whatever cause something very small enter your nose. also they are quiet usefull if you know them. Some of them serve as medicin to heal wounds and so on."

He looks forward where a few small buildings appear. Likly a small city where many houses have been buld in medivel age.

"You will likly find some flowers their , too. People like their smell and they also got a hidden language."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Halfling in the Playground

Old Arena

Thatcher slowly stands to his feet, sheathing his blade soon after. He wipes some perspiration from his forehead. I hope you learned everything you were hoping to discover about your craft. Nope, no desire to kill.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1037

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Pokemon Lab

Mawile will try to get back up into the vent, then, and continue descending down the shaft. Two more floors...
    Pokemon Lab

Down the vents she goes, deeper and deeper into the base. As she drops down to the level underneath she can hear what sounds like a battle.
    "Fausta, fire spin. Surround them." She can hear a strangely familiar voice. It's glass-eyes who used that exeggutor who put her to sleep.

Suddenly she can feel a great heat emerge underneath her, feels like things are getting hot down there.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-11-10 at 06:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pokemon Lab

Crud. She wants to help... but Mawile knows she can't afford to drop down into the middle of a fire spin! Maybe... she tries to guess where the guy is, and position herself above him. There is a time for honor in combat. Now? Now is the time for groin punches, broken noses, and actually (shock and appall!) beating up Pokemon trainers.

19. - Top - End - #1039

Pokemon Lab

She hears the roar of fire and the sound of other pokemons(?) screaming. It's hard to guess where he's standing though or even determine if the vent is going right above him. Mawile might have to guess.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pokemon Lab

Think... Mawile moves away from the heat, and then rips through the venting. The trainer wouldn't have the effect anywhere near themselves. Hopefully, she drops down near the trainer... or at least nearer to the trainer than she is to the Pokemon.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Little Green Men - Pyro Vision!]

Not often enough, apparently!

The roar of explosives, like a clap of deafening thunder, ripples from the wall as a human-sized hole is blown through it! Shrapnel, thousands of tiny slivers of wood, rocket away from the breach at lethal velocities. Through this shredding deluge of wood, a power suited woman leaps.

"Knock knock!"

Miriah's merrily chuckles as she lands in front of Justin.

"Here's Miriah!"
    [Little Green Men - REDRUM]

"You are just a little too quick to dive into a fight with a bunch of plastic people," Justin notes. "Oh, and just in case I haven't said it yet: OFFICE LADIES, MY ASS!" he shouts at Miriah. "Either way, we need to grab your sis and get out of here. You haven't seen any toy cars, have you?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #1042

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Khi does return, about when Reperia seems to be done with the device. "Looks impressive. How does it work?"
    It fires a beam of plasma. Nothing special. Want the honors of testing?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Coconut Bee Laboratories]

Khi smiles slightly as she steps up to the cannon and turns it to face the bay doors at the side of the warehouse. "If you don't mind." There, that rock should make a good target. She flips the switch/trigger/button.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1044

CB Island

Trigger.
    A stream of bright yellow energy blasts through the rock. a couple of trees behind are now on fire.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

25. - Top - End - #1045

"Brilliant!" Khi stands there laughing and impressed.

A pair of drones are running out there with fire extinguishers. I'm sure they can probably handle it.

"You do work fast. Can you show how you did it so we can make more?"

((Even if yes, feel free to just say it works by mad science. ))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1046

"Brilliant!" Khi stands there laughing and impressed.

A pair of drones are running out there with fire extinguishers. I'm sure they can probably handle it.

"You do work fast. Can you show how you did it so we can make more?"

((Even if yes, feel free to just say it works by mad science. ))
    Reperia does. It works via mad science.
    And in case you didn't know, yes, she's from the world of Girl Genius.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #1047

((I knew from 'clanks', but Atorre did not))

Reperia might notice a pair of drones trying to assemble a copy of the plasma cannon, slowly and having to start over a few times, further down the warehouse.

"Next problem is a bit bigger. You know the flying city, Skyside? We'd like to move everything except the bunker up there. Maybe some sort of airship, or a sky elevator, or a one use-teleportation ring, or we don't know yet. No need to start right away, of course. Anything we can do for you?" Glass of lemonade after the thirsty work of building death rays?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #1048

((I knew from 'clanks', but Atorre did not))

Reperia might notice a pair of drones trying to assemble a copy of the plasma cannon, slowly and having to start over a few times, further down the warehouse.

"Next problem is a bit bigger. You know the flying city, Skyside? We'd like to move everything except the bunker up there. Maybe some sort of airship, or a sky elevator, or a one use-teleportation ring, or we don't know yet. No need to start right away, of course. Anything we can do for you?" Glass of lemonade after the thirsty work of building death rays?
    The girl thinks for a bit.
    it might take a couple days, but I can do that.
    Hmm... Do you guys have a coffee machine?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #1049

"Ehm, yes. We haven't used it since the Atropus days, but we'll get it cleaned off and brewing in no time." Khi holds up a hand to indicate 'just a minute' and runs off towards the bunker and its coffee, gliding along the ground as fast as she can.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1050

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Old Arena

Thatcher slowly stands to his feet, sheathing his blade soon after. He wipes some perspiration from his forehead. I hope you learned everything you were hoping to discover about your craft. Nope, no desire to kill.
    Old Arena

And puts his weapons down, still he keeps his guard up. His arm wanders to his neck and suddndly the armor seems to disapear. Only the helm remains, which he takes off.

"I assume the data will be worth it, thank you."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK