New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

MonkGuy

Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

Oriel Dosaldany "Oh,no. He will strike on opening night. During the performance. That would be the best, most tragic feature. If he was to just kill her now, before opening night, it would be a pathetic two star feature. Nothing more then a made for fire light story. But if he does it on opening night, during the show, that would be a five star feature.

Description? Well he is a lillend. He has a dark skinned ape top, with dark ebony skin and very little hair. He has dark black feather wings that are oily. His lower half is serpentine with black and white scales.

He made his threat ten days ago. "

Once outside, it is a bit of a walk to the blacksmith. It is a massive four hundred foot tall tree with a large anvil of wood growing out of it. The door is open and leads to a round shop growing out of the tree. Several fox-like humanoids (Raki) move about the shop working.

A raki in dark gray coveralls sees you come in and walks over to wave "Fine Fur to you! How can I help you?"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After listening to Oriel Garrick thought to himself, "It would be a good feature but I cannot be sure if it will be a factor in his plan, I'll have to make sure at least one of us is with her at all times after we go to the blacksmith." He then said to Oriel before leaving to the blacksmith, "I see, thank you for your time."

When they reached the weapon shop Garrick walked up to the waving Raki and said, "Greetings, I would like to buy a good composite longbow, a decent dagger, and I would like to see what kind of greatswords you have for sale."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Banned

MonkGuy

The raki lowers his ears. "Um, why I'm a blacksmith. I make tools and metal items. Not weapons. I have knives, not daggers. And a greatsword, that is not an elegant weapon.

And a bow? A bow? Even if I was a weapon smith, I would not have a bow. You don't make a bow out of metal. And why would you want a bow anyway? To shoot an arrow at a foe from far away is a sad way to fight. What are you? A yellow furred coward?"

4. - Top - End - #244

AssassinGuy

Garrick frowned slightly and replied, "Could you tell us where we can find a shop that sells weapons then? We are new in town and don't know where anything is."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Banned

MonkGuy

Blacksmith "Well, of course. Six trees over, right down Metal Street."

Six trees over is another massive tree, with another shop grown out of it's bark. The tree has a massive, thin bladed sword growing out of it's tree trunk. The ground floor is again a large circular workshop with a couple raki working away. A raki in bright blue clothing nons as you enter the door way "Fine Fur to you! Step in and shed. How might I help you?"

6. - Top - End - #246

AssassinGuy

Garrick thanked the blacksmith then walked to the weapon shop, when he reached the store he paused for a second at the strangeness of the second part of the greeting, after the second he said, "Greetings, I am interested in buying a good composite longbow, a decent dagger, some better armour, and I would like to see what greatswords you have."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Banned

MonkGuy

Raki Weaponsmith "Um, well my, my. You must be a new seed yes? Oh, I bet your a Primer. Well, almost no one around here wears armor. It is to loud and heavy and prevents swashbulcklery. And bows? Why any one in a fight would not want to meet their foe fur to fur is beyond me. Bows and missile weapons are for cowards. And greatswords, well, again don't fit in well with swashbucklerly.

I have a fine selection of sabers, rapiers and other thin blades. But no armor or bows. But I do have daggers. Daggers are one good feature each.

Your not going to find heavy stuff or coward weapons on this rockaroid "

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir sighed, it would seem like he's stuck with his current weaponry. He wondered if he should speak up in defense of archers, but changing these creatures opinion would surely be futile. He had an idea though, if they can't get better weapons, maybe they could place some sort of trap, they had enough time to inspect the scene and possible entry points. So instead of quarrelling, Geir just asked "I guess traps would be a cowards way of fighting too, even if it is to protect a maiden in need?".
    "Fear cuts deeper than swords"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Banned

MonkGuy

Raki Weaponsmith "Well, of course, traps are for cowards. You want to protect a maiden, then stand next to her and run your blade through any that might try to harm her. Cut deep into their vitals and look in their eyes and say 'she is under my protection' as their body falls to the ground."

10. - Top - End - #250

AssassinGuy

After listening to the Raki Garrick said, "Anyway, I would like to purchase a dagger, as for my feature, in the prime world of Aldebent there is a rapier forged from a God's needle that had been dropped and forgotten on Aldebent, it is called the "Duellist's Point" and said to be light as a feather with perfect balance, able to pierce even the toughest of armours and is unbreakable, it was wielded by the King of the Bretania Isles but he has grown old and has decided to host a tournament for all who use rapiers with the Duellist's Point as the prize, however an event caused an unknown amount of people and objects from Aldebent to travel to this plane. Is that a good enough feature?"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

While Garrick conversed with the raki, Geir leaned over to Bly and whispered "The people on this plane don't seem to value their own life much, do they? They would rather die for a good "feature" than to live and get a mediocre one!"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Banned

MonkGuy

Raki Weaponsmith wiggles his ears and hands Garrick a masterwork dagger with a hilt in the shape of a tree. "Pleasure to shed some fur with you. I hope my dagger lets you fell many foes. Let all know that that dagger from Dandish Washgovi's Daring Dashing Blades."

13. - Top - End - #253

AssassinGuy

After taking the dagger Garrick pulled it out from it's sheathe and gave it a few swings and jabs, while being careful not to hit anyone with it, he gave it a nod of approval then said to the Weaponsmith, "A swift weapon for swift foes, thank you." He then sheathed the blade and attached it to his belt, he looked toward Bly and Geir and said, "If neither of you need anything from here I suggest we get back to Sorebry."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Sure, let's go," Geir quickly responds, hoping to get away from the judgment of the raki swiftly. As they walked, he wondered whether he should switch to his battle axe, it was the weapon he was raised with after all...

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Bly looked over the weapons not seeing any thing that intested him.
    {Why not get a back up melee weapon?}
    {I don't need any backups I got all in need on me.}
    {In other words your claws that you can barely hit any thing with and a small crossbow. Yes your prepared to the teeth. IF your facing a rat.}
    Bly walks over to the shop owner and asks him "Do you know where we might get some scrolls or wands? I'm not exactly the fighter type unlike my companions."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Banned

MonkGuy

Dandish Washgovi "Why yes Song and Star shop is just three trees to the north, right along star road. You can't miss it, the tree is covered in stars and song notes. She carries all sorts of musical magical might."

17. - Top - End - #257

AssassinGuy

Garrick nodded at the Raki's instructions then looked to Bly and said, "Alright, let's head out to the magic shop and see what you can get."

18. - Top - End - #258

Lizardfolk

"Thank you" Bly replies and leaves with the others.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Banned

MonkGuy

The Song and Star shop is yet another shop grown out of the base of a massive tree. The shop has a couple tables, and a couple display cases. Several musical instruments, harps, flutes, horns, float around the shop but are not making any music.

A dog-like humanoid with short gray fur and light white clothing gets up from a desk in the back. "Hello and welcome to the Song and Star mystical magicery shop. Anything your looking for? How can I be of help?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Fine fur to you! We are charged with the responsibility of watching for someone's life, but we are lacking some in the healing department. Do you have a Wand of Lesser Vigor, Cure Light Wounds or something similar?" Geir asks with a smile.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Banned

MonkGuy

"Well, of course. I'm Ohajrah Allayto'skatara, a fine fur seller. I have many wagging wands for the fine art of swashbuckling song play. Now a wand of cure light wounds, but of course, that is in my stock. Is that what you wish to buy?"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir smiles back, happy that this strange place might at least be able to help some. "Indeed Ohajrah, and my name is Geir. How much do you want for it?" he asks, still not sure about the currency of this place. He would presume that a Wand is worth a couple of good features at the very least, so he started thinking of what to tell.
    Last edited by Ravitiate; 2013-12-10 at 06:09 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Lizardfolk

Bly looks around curious at the various scrolls and wands that lined the shelves.
    What are you looking for?
    SOmething to help them when battle starts I'm not going to delude my self {I'm a weak and pretty helpless part of team I need to support them if I'm to contribute any thing.}
    {In that case try Doom and Murderous Command their good support spells.}
    {That command spells sounds...extreme. Anything else?}
    {Forbid Action that one is fun.}
    Bly pondered for a moment before thinking to the spirit.
    {Wait if you know those spells why didn't you teach me them on the boat?}
    {Think of it like this your brain is a water bag and knowledge I provide you is water. If I pour too much into that little head of yours well... I think the walls would turn a lovely shade of brains and blood.}
    Bly swallowed and walked back to the group.

Bly walks over to the shop keeper as Geir is buying the wand of cure light wounds and speaks up.
    "Make that two. also if you have them: a wand of Forbid action and 3 scrolls of Doom if you carry those. Thank you"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Banned

MonkGuy

Ohajrah Allayto'skatara "A wand of cure light wounds is a good feature of at least three chapters or three good features of a single chapter each.

I'm sorry to say I don't have anything of Forbid Action. That must not be a spell used by us swashbuckling song players. I don't carry every spell under the tree. I do have wands of Unnatural Lust, Charm Person, Hypnotism and Hideous Laughter

And Doom, I don't carry that, too bland with no flare, but I do have Delusional Pride, Lesser Confusion or Haze of Dreams

Do any of them wands get your tail waging?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Banned

MonkGuy

Ohajrah Allayto'skatara looks over and waits for a response.

26. - Top - End - #266

Lizardfolk

"Mmmm..."
    Bly thought for awhile.
    "The Scrolls of Lesser Confusion and the wand of Hypnotism sound good."
    "Now for payment I think Geir should go first I have a much larger payment to make and I don't want to use any information that he might use a a feature by accident."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Banned

MonkGuy

Ohajrah Allayto'skatara carefully rolls up five scrolls of lesser confusion and selects a clear crystal wand from a wooden rack. And waits.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hm… I’ve lived amongst elves for some time, and I could share you the story about the great elf Maëdur?

A long, long time ago, when the earth was still new the elves lived amongst the gods and were immortal. Maëdur was so powerful that when he was born he drew so much of his mother’s life energy when he was born that she grew weary of living and her spirit voluntarily left her corporeal form, leaving her family for the garden of Greenwood. His father remarried had four more children, Maëdur's half-brothers. Maëdur did not like his stepmother Indis and so lived apart from her and his half-siblings. Maëdur wedded Nerdanel who bore him seven sons.

From young age, Maëdur was considered amongst the best of elves, both in sword fighting, poetry and crafting. In the greatest of his crafting achievements, Maëdur captured the light of the Tree of Life to make the three Sethiels, also called the Great Jewels. He prized the Sethiels above all else, and grew increasingly suspicious that the Gods and other elves coveted them, and as such Maëdur alternated between vainly displaying the jewels and jealously guarding them from all but his immediate family.

Meanwhile, Loki, the mightiest of the Gods but a great source of evil, was released from his prison and begged to return, telling them that he had repented of his evil ways. After some time he was pardoned, for the Gods wanted to forgive their brother. He undertook to corrupt some of the elves and succeeded in making them instruments of his malice, particularly Maëdur. Although Maëdur greatly mistrusted Loki, the fallen God used this as part of his plan to get the Sethiels from Maëdur.

Loki coveted the Sethiels and his hatred for Maëdur grew, but hid his intentions from the elves and the Gods. Loki played upon Maëdur's pride to convince him that his half-brother Eldon was not only planning to usurp his place as heir, but also seize the jewels for himself. Maëdur's hostility grew to the point to where he threatened Eldon's life, leading the elves to forge weapons for the first time. For this, the Gods exiled him to Namos. He took a substantial treasure with him, including the Sethiels which he put in a locked box. In a show of support for his eldest son, his father also withdrew to Namos.

When the Gods realized that Loki's role in the conflict, they sent Turion to imprison him again, but he could not be found for some time. He unexpectedly showed up at Namos where he tried to convince Maëdur with his lies. Since in father and Maëdur's absence Eldon had become king, Loki's tales could be seen as true. However, Maëdur realized that Loki's true goal was to obtain the Sethiels. He shut the door in Loki's face and Loki left in a rage. When the Gods heard of this they took up the hunt but realized that Loki had fled from the land of the Gods. The Gods sought to mend the breach between Maëdur and Eldon, and invited them back to the land of the Gods to make peace – and Eldon grudgingly offered a hand to his half-brother, recognizing Maëdur's place as the eldest.

At this point, Geir looked up at the shop keeper, hoping he still had his attention. “What do you think so far?”. He then continued:

Loki stole away to the south of Aman to seek out the evil, scorpion-like creature Gormôt and secured her as an ally. During the festivities where Maëdur and Eldon reconciled, Gormôt helped Loki destroy the Tree of Life, bringing darkness to the land of the Gods. Loki and Gormôt then went to Namos. Loki, surrounded by an impenetrable black fog, went to Maëdur's vault in Namos. Maëdur's father, the High-King fought valiantly, but in the end lost against Loki and was the first Elf to be slain. Loki ransacked the vault, taking many valuable jewels, including the Sethiels. They then quickly escaped.

The Gods, dismayed by the destruction knew now that the light of the Tree survived only in the Sethiels and they asked Maëdur to give them up so that they could restore the Tree. Maëdur emphatically stated that he would not give up his Sethiels of his own free will; if the Gods forced him, he said, they would be no better than Loki. A messenger from Namos then arrived to deliver the news of his father’s death and the loss of the jewels.

The Gods and Eldar now saw the extent of Loki's treachery. Maëdur, now king of the elves on the death of his father, delivered the most impassioned speech ever given, which he unwittingly filled with Loki's taint. He railed against the Great Enemy, but because of Loki's influence and his anger he also blamed the Gods for Loki's deeds. He persuaded most of his people to go to the land of men with him and fight for the Sethiels. Maëdur then swore that he would get the Sethiels even if he had to fight the Gods. The Oath of Maëdur was also taken by his seven sons who invoked the creator of Gods as a witness. This oath was the cause for great tragedy for Maëdur's family.

Seeking a way to get to Middle-earth, Maëdur went to the shores of Aman, where the seafaring aquatic elves lived, and demanded the use of their ships, for the high-elves had not yet learned the craft. The aquatic elves refused and in return Maëdur and his armed and impassioned high-elves threatened to attack the lightly-armed aquatic elves, destroy their settlements and seize the ships. They refused still, and Maëdur's people attacked the aquatic elves. Some of Maëdurs host turned around then, unable to participate in murder. They were accepted back by the Gods, and Fanor, half-brother to Maëdur ruled as King of the High-Elves in the land of the Gods. Meanwhile, the rebel high-elves sailed away in some of the aquatic elves ships.

There were not enough ships to carry all across the sea, so Maëdur and his sons led the first group. They arrived at Loskar where Loki and Gormôt had passed not long before. They decided to burn the ships and leave the followers of Eldon behind. The earth, being flat in those days, allowed the remaining elves to see the flames, and they perceived that if they were to go to the land of men, they had no choice but to cross the Belcaraxë. This they did under the leadership of Eldon, and suffered great losses along the way, which greatly added to the opposition they had for Maëdur and his sons.

Learning of the high-elves arrival, Loki summoned his armies from his fortress and attacked Maëdur's encampment. This battle was called the Battle under the Stars, for the Sun and Moon had not yet been made. The high-elves managed to win the battle and disperse Loki's armies. Maëdur, still in a great rage, pressed on towards Loki’s fortress. He even came within sight of it, but was ambushed by a force of Dragons, and with few elves about him. He fought mightily, hewing even after receiving several wounds from Gralog, captain of the Dragons. His sons came upon the Balrogs with strong forces and were able to drive them off. However, as Maëdur was being escorted off the battlefield, he knew his wounds were mortal. He cursed Loki thrice, but with the eyes of death, he knew that his elves, unaided, would never throw down the dark towers. At the moment of his death, the passing of his fiery spirit reduced his body to ashes.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Banned

MonkGuy

Ohajrah Allayto'skatara listens to Geir carefully as he pulls out a quill and scroll to write it all down. "Good feature" he says as his tail wags quickly.

Ohajrah hands Geir a short wand made of golden colored crystal. "Here you go."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Thank you, may the fur be with you," Geir says with a smile