New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside VII: Darth Mall

Dana's Place -> Erin's Emporium

Jim shakes his head.
    "I just meant it's a common thing for adults taking care of teens, is all. And what's with the hesitation? Do you not want to be seen with me?" he teases.
    Although he's not really expecting an answer, so as long as she plays it off too he'll gladly take her back to EE's side of the mall. Hand-holding may be involved.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Arcane Threads

Spako shrugs.
    "Nah, my feet are too big and calloused for any kind of footwear except maybe wraps. I was more asking if you guys get used to it after a while."
    For the most part he won't comment much as Garrett finishes up his shopping.
    Garrett pulls what little he can in the way of payment out, but he has no real currency. He is obviously embarassed that someone else is paying for him.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

As it happens, Dorota returns to the store around the time Syela and Jim do. She's a slim young woman with long blond hair, dressed in a long green skirt that reaches down to her ankles and a respectable brown jumper. She's also wearing glasses. She turns around when she spots her apprentice approach hand-in-hand with a boy.

Last edited by Morty; 2014-01-26 at 11:04 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Oh darn it. Syela lets go of Jim's hand and awkwardly holds her arms behind her back. "Hey Dorota. How is it going?" Ugh, this so awkward. Why did Dorota have to be coming back here right this second?

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

Well, at least she doesn't have Sizewell with her. That'd just be intimidation.
    Anyway, Jim figures that the sudden lack of hand-holding means Syela must either feel awkward or guilty about having evidence of a relationship in front of Dorota. So he decides to play it safe.
    "Good evening, Ma'am. You must be Dorota? I'm afraid I haven't met most of the people at this store besides Syela and that other fellow." he says, very politely.
    His player has forgotten the name of that one guy who was there when he took Syela out, so Jim has, too.

And for the record (since morty probably never got a description) Jim is a stocky Faun with long horizontal goat-ears and horns that aren't quite a full curl yet. He's wearing a thick green shirt and a scarf, and a loose sort of kilt-loincloth thing over his legs, since pants are itchy.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-01-26 at 03:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

His name is John. It's not a hard name to remember, then again I guess it isn't a hard name to forget. Not to mention that his name isn't really John, that is just the name he choose to call himself because he doesn't like his real name. He also is currently back in his work area sitting in a chair and having just dozed off, not managing to stay awake through his full shift.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"I was just returning from the bookstore, Syela," Dorota says. "They had a sale on some interesting old manuscripts." She then looks looks at Syela and Jim above her glasses for a moment. Judgementally, one might say.

"Yes, I'm Dorota, Syela's teacher. And you must be Jim. It's nice to finally meet you."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Uh, right. Dorota Jim, Jim Dorota. Jim was just walking me home after we went to a movie." Syela feels the need to explain.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

Jim smiles nervously under her stare but doesn't seem too shaken.
    "Yeah, I figured it's still proper to take someone home, even if technically the theatre and their home are in the same building.
    It's nice to meet you too, Ma'am."

I actually believe Miss would be more appropriate here, but he already said the other and I don't want to change it or be inconsistent.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Well then, why don't you both come in?" Dorota asks. "There's a couple of things I'd like to ask you."

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Prof Pi's Potions

Aequitus enters the shop and heads straight for the counter, a list in mind. "Excuse me, but do you make large orders? I don't need them right away."

Electronic's Asylum

Later in the timeline, Aequitus enters this shop as well and begins to browse through, looking to see if there's anything odd that he might have a use for and waiting for any help.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

The shop is split in half, video games and accessories on one half and real electronics in the other. He barely has time to look around, though, as the perpetually-energetic and chronically helpful shopkeeper pops up. Long brown hair, heavy round glasses, blue jeans, and a burgundy sweater rounds out the ensemble.

"Welcome to Electronics Asylum! I'm Eliza Hexadecimal, and I'm not a robot! How can I help you today?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-01-27 at 08:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Prof. Pi's Potions

Sitting on the counter is a large tortoise wearing a set of spectacles and bearing a bushy mustache. It appears to be trying to get the stopper off a vial on a rack with its mouth when the Techno-Paladin enters.
    "I sure do, but not like this. Could you help me out there, sir?"

Arcane Threads

Spako will shell out the gold for Garrett, having not bought anything himself today. They'll probably be done after paying.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-01-27 at 05:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Haemonomics

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Ykysa steps into Mallside and stops.

And then she takes her first steps into plot cloning.

[Haemonics]

It is easier to see here in a little dark hallway near the doors. Ykysa can read the sign board. She goes in and looks at a locked case. There is a whole shelf full of Give Blood, Visit OUTSIDE items with pictures of giant mosquitoes on them.
    The woman at the counter is an elderly drow vampire, wearing a ridiculous hat that isn't the least bit fashionable, along with a matching Victorian style dress.

"Oh hello, dear. What sort of blood are you looking for today? I'm afraid we're fresh out of centaur mare blood, though we still have centaur stallion. I don't care for the taste myself - far too much of a kick - but that's popular with some of our customers. I know people say I'm old fashioned and dull, but I can't help but think surface elf blood is the best. Some vampires think it's too mild, and prefer the monstrous varieties, but I say surface elf, maybe with just a soupçon of human on special occasions." She takes a sip from a straw that's inserted in a bottle that looks like a bottle of wine but certainly isn't. "However, we do have kobold - a new donor, says he'll be here regularly, as well as dryad - far too sweet for me, but tastes vary. Tastes vary."

The old lady, Rilayne, known to her family as Crazy Aunt Riley, continues to prattle on until interrupted.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #765
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Haemonomics

The woman at the counter is an elderly drow vampire, wearing a ridiculous hat that isn't the least bit fashionable, along with a matching Victorian style dress.

"Oh hello, dear. What sort of blood are you looking for today? I'm afraid we're fresh out of centaur mare blood, though we still have centaur stallion. I don't care for the taste myself - far too much of a kick - but that's popular with some of our customers. I know people say I'm old fashioned and dull, but I can't help but think surface elf blood is the best. Some vampires think it's too mild, and prefer the monstrous varieties, but I say surface elf, maybe with just a soupçon of human on special occasions." She takes a sip from a straw that's inserted in a bottle that looks like a bottle of wine but certainly isn't. "However, we do have kobold - a new donor, says he'll be here regularly, as well as dryad - far too sweet for me, but tastes vary. Tastes vary."

The old lady, Rilayne, known to her family as Crazy Aunt Riley, continues to prattle on until interrupted.
    This becomes a small problem. Ykysa was trained not to interrupt her keeper or anyone like him.

"Excu

"Hel

"May I

In the end the pretty little golem learns when Auntie Riley is probably going to pause.

I think I know what she looks like now. Remember Erfworld? Charlie's Archons are little. And pretty. And everything else.

"Do you sell anti coagulant? I am making a care package. I do not want it to go solid before it is delivered."
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Arcane Threads

Spako will shell out the gold for Garrett, having not bought anything himself today. They'll probably be done after paying.
    Garrett mumbles his thanks, his cheeks a bright red.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Prof. Pi's Potions

"Oh, of course." Aequitus says as he gently takes the flask and removes the stopper before giving it back. He didn't understand why the turtle needed his help, but it wasn't something he'd say no to.

Electronics Asylum

Aequitus would be in the Non-Gaming section, though he might be convinced to pick up something for the younger kobolds back at the fortress. He gives the clerk a smile after a moment. "Well, I was hoping you may be able to have something in stock or be able to do some customized work. Do you have anything in the manner of teleporters?"

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"That's an unusual request!" Eliza says, "I don't usually keep that kind of item on hand due to the price, rarity, fragility, or some other factor. However, I'd be happy to custom-order a product for you. What, exactly, do you have in mind?"

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Electronic Asylum

"I need three teleportation pads capable of sending a dozen people simultaneously across a distance measured in about a day of walking. Each has to go to a different location and resets instantly so another group can go through it." Aequitus starts. "As for payment..." He gives the woman a smile before heading to the counter and pulling a large mythril cube about a foot on each side. "I figure this might be enough?"

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

Prof Pi's Potions

He's a tortoise, not a turtle! And he needs help because he needs to drink a potion and has no hands to open it with!
    Luckily the tortoise's beak-like mouth is large enough to get around the vial's top and lift it enough to gulp down its contents without help. With a pop, the reptile is replaced with a Ratfolk man in a white lab coat, and the same recognizable glasses and mustache.
    "Awfully glad how reliable that one is. Anyway, thank you sir. I'm Pi, what can I do for you today?"

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Prof. Pi's Potions

"It's no problem at all." Aequitus says with a smile. "As for what I'd like, I have a large order. Not real time constraint. But it end up with several hundred potions of varying kinds. Preferably with an area effect when thrown. Nothing lethal, just really disruptive and confusing. Think you can do something like that?"

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

Eliza nods, listening as the technopaladin details it to her. When he produces the cube, she picks it up, testing the weight.

She then completely zones out for about thirty seconds. She just kind of stares off into space, with a blank look on her face. If Aequitus listens carefully, he may hear a dial tone and some dial noises.

"Of course!" she says, finally coming back to reality. "Your change will be seventy-eight cents! Excuse me while I retrieve the paperwork for the custom order." Eliza rushes off, and is back soon enough with the paperwork to fill out.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-01-28 at 06:17 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Prof. Pi's Potions

Pi nods. The mention of "hundreds" is a pretty blatant shock to the alchemist, who rarely gets orders of more than five at a time. "So you want things like a mind-affecting miasma, sleep smoke, knockout, temporary polymorphing? Things that would break ranks without harming them? An actual military-grade flash-grenade might be more rugged and just as effective, but I can make mine reach farther than that pitiful burst. Anything else? Positive effects for anyone?"

Arcane Threads

This scene can probably close, although Spako did intend to lend Garrett his bed back home for a while, which I'm not sure is worth a separate scene.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-01-28 at 06:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Prof Pi's Potions

"I was thinking concussive, gravity reversal, gravity well, strobe, and finally, sleeping." He orders. "Fifty of each."

Electronic Asylum

"Do you need me to give you the coordinates of the target sites?"

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronic Asylum

"I will for the fin-fin-fin RECALIBRATING SENTANCE I will for the installation, but not at this time."

She seems unaware that she said anything unusual.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Prof. Pi's Potions

Pi looks confused. "Strobe? That just sounds mildly annoying, not disorienting. And I fail to see how reversing gravity is non-lethal. The second they're out of range or it wears off they'll fall to their deaths! Increasing gravity might be doable, but a gravity well is going to be quite painful for someone standing at the focal point. The first and last are easy, at least."

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

Jim smiles nervously under her stare but doesn't seem too shaken.
    "Yeah, I figured it's still proper to take someone home, even if technically the theatre and their home are in the same building.
    It's nice to meet you too, Ma'am."

I actually believe Miss would be more appropriate here, but he already said the other and I don't want to change it or be inconsistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

"Well then, why don't you both come in?" Dorota asks. "There's a couple of things I'd like to ask you."
    [Erin's Emporium]

"Ehhh..." Syela glances at Jim. Awkward! "Well, Jim might need to get going." Yeah, and then they could escape this situation!

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

Sadly for Syela, Dorota is ringing all of Jim's "don't look like an irresponsible ass in front of your girlfriend's guardian" alarm bells, so he doesn't really catch on to it.
    "I don't really like leaving Barnabas at home alone all day, but if it's important, Ma'am, I can spare the time." he says firmly, doing his best to seem responsible.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"I'll try to make it quick," Dorota says, entering the store and leading the pair towards the employee area. Where they will find Sizewelll standing in a corner with the stillness of a golem who has nothing better to do. He's a large, clay hominid-shaped clay figure standing at about 190 centimetres, with wide arms and legs, and a series of runes on his forehead. He's dressed in a pair of very big, baggy jeans and a white shirt. His eyes light up with a white glow when he sees the three enter.

"Hello," he rumbles. His eyes turn towards Jim with what might be curiosity, but the lack of expression on the clay face makes it hard to tell.

"Hello, Sizewell," Dorota says, with a strangely maternal expression on her face when she speaks to the golem. "This young man here is Jim. Syela, can you go help Sizewell prepare the laboratory for an experiment I want to run tomorrow?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-01-29 at 03:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Haemonomics

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    This becomes a small problem. Ykysa was trained not to interrupt her keeper or anyone like him.

"Excu

"Hel

"May I

In the end the pretty little golem learns when Auntie Riley is probably going to pause.

I think I know what she looks like now. Remember Erfworld? Charlie's Archons are little. And pretty. And everything else.

"Do you sell anti coagulant? I am making a care package. I do not want it to go solid before it is delivered."

I love Erfworld!

"Oh certainly, my dear. Heidi, love, fetch the anti-coagulant. We use an all natural substance, derived from the Crying Leeches of the Weald. Oh no, I don't collect them, myself. I hire that out. The Weald is no place for civilized people. Have you ever been? I've only heard stories, but they're quite enough to put one off one's appetite. But the Crying Leeches are large enough that we only need two or three --"

Heidi, a pale skinned blonde woman with circles under her eyes interrupts the elderly drowpire. "Lady Rilayne, how much should I charge?"

"Oh Heidi, there you are, love. Oh, no charge. We have plenty of it, and it's for a good cause. A care package. Isn't that sweet? I should make care packages for my nieces and nephews. A lovely idea. I haven't seen Gabriel since he went back to Gul-Thudar, and who knows if he's eating properly?" She continues to prattle on, while Heidi measures out a vial of powdered Crying Leech extract and prints out a measurement chart to let Ykysa work out how much to use.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-01-30 at 10:12 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs