New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread XII: Don't Kick the Bukkit

I had been ignoring the warnings to put the ATLauncher in its own folder, and just had it in downloads.

I realized that, put it into a new subfolder, and now it runs just fine!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Food's never been an issue. I usually find cows in fairly short order. Unless I was in Extreme Hills Edge, rather than Extreme Hills proper.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by leafman View Post
    I think it is large biomes, I spawned in on the side of a cliff in a mountainous area but not extreme like amplified. Problem is, I have no idea where I am and dying doesn't take me back to my house, so I don't know if the area we all built in still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    Yes large biomes, but the original terrain isn't at 0,0 or anywhere nearby. Also, seeing what the extreme hills are like now: stuff amplified, we've got plenty of crazy mountains already. Also also, spawning in extreme hills kinda sucks.
    Hm... interesting. Looks like this is now a entirely fresh world, somehow getting completely regenerated. Do we want to keep using this one (Large Biomes) or revert back to the previous (Amplified) one?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Hm... interesting. Looks like this is now a entirely fresh world, somehow getting completely regenerated. Do we want to keep using this one (Large Biomes) or revert back to the previous (Amplified) one?
    As I said, I don't find amplified fun to play on. But I have no investment in the previous map (because it wasn't fun for me to play on). The opinions of the people that do have investment in the old map are probably more important.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

I will be updating ShneekeyCraft for 1.6.4 after all. I will also be using Metallurgy to consolidate ores so you will no longer have to worry about having multiple ores of the same type spawning that won't stack with each other. Unfortunately, this means a change in Block ID's. Which means the update will corrupt old worlds.

However, it gives me enormous control over ore generation during worldgen and will permit me to present a far better experience for my users.

In the process, I'll be updating most of the mods, and including some options (such as TC4, for those who can handle the system resource requirements).

I may be waiting for TE3 to release as well, because that is certainly going to be included once it does release.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Just logged on and this took me by surprise, I think I prefer large biomes to amplified for actual play, but finals are approaching, so I'm not going to be playing much in the near future.
    Long-form Sig

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Thermal Expansion 3 is now in Live Beta!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

AWESOME. Seriously, I hate working without liquiducts.

Has anyone watched CoverJaguar's DarkTower videos? I'm in the midst of watching them, and he's pretty awesome.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    AWESOME. Seriously, I hate working without liquiducts.

Has anyone watched CoverJaguar's DarkTower videos? I'm in the midst of watching them, and he's pretty awesome.
    Well, not without you providing a link.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

My lack of linkage is questionable. I shall now correct my mistake.

CovertJaguar's Channel

Dark Tower Playlist

11. - Top - End - #311

RedWizardGuy

Please add me to the whitelist.

Minecraft name
    spheresword

Any suggestion as to which server needs loving?

Edit: Looks like the others are beta servers. I'll start with the main one for now.
    Last edited by HMS Invincible; 2013-11-19 at 10:29 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312

Added.
    Actually I added you a while a go, just forgot to tell you about it.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be starting up a livestream on my Twitch.tv channel. I already tested an episode, and it seemed to work. Tomorrow, I'll be streaming around 1 PM CST (GMT-6) for an hour or two.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314

RedWizardGuy

I'm on world release now, and I'm setting up a base after running until all signs of civilization faded from sight.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

real things that happened to me the other day in Highpixel blitz survival:

For those of you who don't know, hypixal is a multilayer server filled with minigames, blitz survival is a hunger-games-esque one with a twist, as there is a "Blitz star" that can grant he who finds it one of several special abilities to events, from draining health, to deflecting damage, to calling fire down from the sky.

in one game that i played, i got to the point of there being ten to seven players left including myself, somebody found the blitz star, and activated the blitz "Armageddon." It's not something you usually see since it's a VIP-only blitz, but i was trying to recall what it did after i saw the message, was that the one that caused fireballs to fall from the sky? My question was answered as not even second later a fireball struck not five blocks away from me and exploded. I was unharmed, but i quickly realized this was trouble. Thankfully i was smart enough to duck under a stone bridge i had just climbed up too and waited it out. a minute or so later as it ended, i could hear someone take fall damage as they were coming closer to me, so i remained hidden, shifting to hide my nametag. Next thing i know, someone falls the short fall from the bridge to the ground infront of me and attacks, i killed him and received a valuable assassins blade (a diamond sword with around two hits use on it, valuble as the best you can find is usually a stone sword). i then travelled out and was able to kill three others, one of which was wearing a valuable iron chestpeice and helm. With only two others remaining, the three of us get teleported to the deathmatch where i win the game after defeating one guy via traditional means, and using the two-hits of the diamond sword to finish the other.

The second event was much shorter. I'm i a different game and looking around for supplies, i exit a tunnel and enter a cave with a chest in it, as i turn around i hear somebody take fall damage, then take fall damage a second time. Then they take fall damage a third time as they land directly infront of the cave and charge towards me, having maybe around four to eight half-hearts of health left while i still had a full twenty. I’m pretty sure i killed them in one hit. it was a pretty lousy ambush
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Firbolg in the Playground

If you do nothing else on the Server you need to at least have a look at Ogre's amazing Dual Spawn Grinder he has built. Its a masterpiece of Construction and Function
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #317

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    If you do nothing else on the Server you need to at least have a look at Ogre's amazing Dual Spawn Grinder he has built. Its a masterpiece of Construction and Function
    Where is it/ is there a /warp to it?
    Long-form Sig

18. - Top - End - #318

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    Where is it/ is there a /warp to it?
    There is none, as it's in Hardcore 2, but it's fairly close it the spawn of that world. If you follow the mainland coast clockwise you'll find the snow-and-ice hexagon pretty quick.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello, I've been playing hexxit with two of my friends on our personal server. However, lately my friend and I cannot got on the third friend's server. We both get the error "Bad login: Failed to login". Before you ask, yes, we both have legit minecraft accounts, and this is the first time we've gotten this error. We've restarted the server, reinstalled the technic launcher, and changed our passwords incase it was because they had been compromised. No luck. At one time, I was able to get into it again, but once I left, I got the error when I tried to rejoin.
    Prophet of the D1

Avatar by Darklord Bright. Former avatar's by gurgleflep.

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon17 View Post
    Also, he has skill ranks in "Space Guns" and "Space Swords." When I asked him if he meant things like blasters and lightsabers, he said, "No, they're exactly the same as regular guns and swords in every way. But I'm only good with the space ones. If I had a regular Earth weapon, it just wouldn't feel right."
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatOwl View Post
    Ninjas have given you a Mandolin. Are you man enough to master the Mandolin and get your revenge!?

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, on the snapshot server I see that someone did some deep mining (there are diamonds in a chest) and expanded the starting house, but I can't actually find any mineshaft. Is it hidden? (Or further out? Someone did some hollowing out of the mountain near spawn.)

Oh yeah, Beige: I hear that's a Mojang error, when trying to log into servers that aren't 1.7. (part of the twitch.tv snapshot, potentially.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2013-11-24 at 09:26 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321

Beige Dragon: That error usually means that you or the server are failing to connect to minecraft.net to verify your login. If this is a private server that you are not worried about hackers having access to, you can set online-mode=false in the options to fix it for sure. However, if the server is publicly accessible then hackers will be able to become admin, so don't do that.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2013-11-24 at 09:27 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

22. - Top - End - #322

NecromancerGuy

Meanwhile, on the snapshot server I see that someone did some deep mining (there are diamonds in a chest) and expanded the starting house, but I can't actually find any mineshaft. Is it hidden? (Or further out? Someone did some hollowing out of the mountain near spawn.)

Oh yeah, Beige: I hear that's a Mojang error, when trying to log into servers that aren't 1.7. (part of the twitch.tv snapshot, potentially.)
    I started the 10x10 mineshaft near the spawn house, also started a chicken farm thats somewhat hidden. If you find it you are free to harvest some chicken, but please give them enough seeds to replenish the population (I'm working to get it up to about 25).
    Long-form Sig

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    I started the 10x10 mineshaft near the spawn house, also started a chicken farm thats somewhat hidden. If you find it you are free to harvest some chicken, but please give them enough seeds to replenish the population (I'm working to get it up to about 25).
    Ah, had me wondering. I did find the chicken and am expanding their numbers now. (Plus the farm area in general.)

In somewhat unrelated news: I am offering books of enchanting in exchange for gold (3 bars/lvl). Because a) eff the roulette that is the enchanting table and b) gold is useless otherwise.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324

RedWizardGuy

I just started on the release world and I met up with Phhase who showed me the rune system. I died and lost some stuff, but I got a bunch of pumpkins in exchange, so that was well worth the lost wood and iron. Now I just need to find some snow. For some reason, the icy areas aren't covered in snow. I'm foraging off mushrooms via impromtu mushroom farms and the swamplands until my wheat farm gets off the ground.

Also, sleeping in bed dosen't change your spawn spot, but he was nice enough to set a warp spot.
    Last edited by HMS Invincible; 2013-11-25 at 10:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    I just started on the release world and I met up with Phhase who showed me the rune system. I died and lost some stuff, but I got a bunch of pumpkins in exchange, so that was well worth the lost wood and iron. Now I just need to find some snow. For some reason, the icy areas aren't covered in snow. I'm foraging off mushrooms via impromtu mushroom farms and the swamplands until my wheat farm gets off the ground.
    I believe there is a Rune for making snow cover an area, but if that doesn't get you far enough, there's a snowy area right outside my house, /warp wufHole.

Speaking of Runes, looks like I'll, uh, have to fix the door to my house sometime.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

26. - Top - End - #326

RedWizardGuy

I'm planning an eco friendly superficial base, aka the au naturale look, at least on the outside. It gets more industrial underneath.

That's good that snow does spawn, I was wondering if they stopped the weather or something. It's probably due to the relatively new chunk I'm in. Since nobody has been here before, the weather isn't activating. I'll get snow when the next storm occurs, and then use the initial 2 blocks of snow to make a snow golem. That will net me infinite snow. IIRC, snow, charcoal, stone, meat, sand, and grain are all renewable resources. Though I have a feeling that the server is too laggy to support a chicken farm made out of water. I've lost many a chicken on other servers to drowning because the server can't keep up.
    Last edited by HMS Invincible; 2013-11-25 at 12:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... curious, I wonder... do you think snow golems would make worthwhile ghast repellant in the nether? Just stick them on a cobble tower and let them pelt the ghasts away.

Not to mention they'd be absolutely lethal to blazes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Hmm... curious, I wonder... do you think snow golems would make worthwhile ghast repellant in the nether? Just stick them on a cobble tower and let them pelt the ghasts away.

Not to mention they'd be absolutely lethal to blazes.
    I think hell is one of the biomes that deals constant damage to snow golems, so unless you've got an automatic fire resistance potion dispenser for them they'll quickly die. They've got pretty crummy range, too, while ghasts of course have a huge range.

Fire resistanced snow golems would be pretty good against blazes, but if you've got the fire resistance potions for that, you can probably just kill the blazes manually or even construct a mob farm around them safely. Blazes do little to fire-immune things.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    I think hell is one of the biomes that deals constant damage to snow golems, so unless you've got an automatic fire resistance potion dispenser for them they'll quickly die. They've got pretty crummy range, too, while ghasts of course have a huge range.

Fire resistanced snow golems would be pretty good against blazes, but if you've got the fire resistance potions for that, you can probably just kill the blazes manually or even construct a mob farm around them safely. Blazes do little to fire-immune things.

Just tested it out, and you're right on all counts. There goes my wonderful mental image of a sprawling metropolis in the nether interspersed by towers containing snowmen machine-gunning the airspace above with snowballs like some kind of bizarre AA gun.

The snow golems didn't agro at all actually, just died unless they had a potion. There goes my idea for an automatic anti-ghast defense network.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

30. - Top - End - #330

RedWizardGuy

Snow Golems are best at generating infinite snow blocks within the safety of your base. I use them for nothing else. I don't even know why I bother with snowmen, it's not like snowblocks are useful for anything besidse cosmetics. Well, it's easier than shearing sheep.