New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict II

Usabhar keeps up his support to Celestica as he sees Wero join in quite... eccentrically. The least Usabhar does know however is that they're all linked to Celestica by how this journey has turned out for them. "You hear that Celestica, don't you? None of us will simply stand and watch you do this on your own. This may be all we can do, but it might be enough, I think it shall be enough."

Whatever feeling is coursing through Usabhar now, it's one he hasn't felt before. Normally he is grim, and certainly he will learn to live with the multiverse however things turn out here. However this once he is in it to hope for the best. That's the most he can ask, or perhaps demand for, from the nature of existence in the cosmos.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aiding Another again: (1d20+55)[62]

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The astral plane is again pushed into proper placement as Celestica resists the pull of the energy around her. Lord Wero's impassioned plea echoes through the room, providing an extra +2 bonus to the next save as well.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Again, taking a moment to steady herself, Celestica thinks to herself two done, three to go
    She still draws on the power and love of Rahja and the steadfastness of Usabhar to strengthen her but when she actually hears Lord Wero, she can only pray to Hanali, praise be to you Hanali for granting me the strength to finally reach him
    She refocuses herself and now sets to work on Baator, her next target.

Spoiler: Will save for Baator
    Show
    (3d20+75)[107]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #934

SwashbucklerGuy

So far, so good at least. Usabhar gives a direct glance every now and then to Celestica as she does what he assumes is fixing the multiverse and the Prime Leyline. He can't imagine what she is going through, only that the dwarf should be glad no one else should go through this as well. He does however wonder as to how things will change for him once this is all done. He has absolutely been changed by this whole adventure, even if it has been seen subtly. The whole thing has brought him to many places, and perhaps he may end up visiting other worlds as well in the future, provided there will be a future.

"You're doing well," he speaks again towards Celestica. "Remember that once we are done, we may just find time to relax, for a moment's respite... as I recall you once telling me." The dwarf feels like the group had first met eons back, when really it had been a week or two at most. "Until then stay vigilant! Do not let up for but a moment!"

Spoiler: Aid Another!
    Show
    Doing the most I can here: (1d20+55)[65]

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Celestica manages to repair Baator... but only with great difficulty. It is clear that this task is becoming markedly more difficult with each plane that Celestica manages to repair.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja's memories of her time with Celestica continue in her song as it slowly approaches its crescendo.

(Aid Another. Also, please, please, please, roll the 3d20 seperately with [rollv] and just write the modifier next to it. If you score only one natural 20, the rest of the roll doesn't even matter.)

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

Remember to breathe...remember to breathe. Celestica calms herself after dealing with Baator. She had expected that plane to be the toughest to deal with, the very nature of it resisting her even as she resisted even dealing with it, repulsed by the diabolic energy residing there. The Outlands would not fight her as much, although the strain of dealing with any of the planes was beginning to wear on her. She drew whatever strength her allies could grant, and concentrated on healing the Outlands.

Spoiler: Will save for The Outlands
    Show
    (3d20)[6][5][3](14) +75 = 89...so much for rolling the 3 d separately.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2014-12-01 at 07:55 AM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

"I know a way to improve our chances... but for it to work, you be wounded. A lot. Not at the edge of death, but significantly." Rahja speaks to Celestica, but lets the others hear as well. "Under those circumstances, my most powerful song will grant you strength of will far beyond your current means. Think of it as a turnaround of sorts."
    Last edited by Ridai; 2014-12-01 at 09:26 AM.

9. - Top - End - #939

SwashbucklerGuy

While in support for Celestica, Usabhar raises his eyebrow to Rahja at her own suggestion. "...Is this what you call a joke" he asks completely straight, almost dull-witted, "Because this sounds like a terrible time for that."

The dwarf looks to Celestica once more, "She is doing well, right?" The dwarf has but little idea on her state at this time; he's never quite figured out how bonding to these crystals works. "We are to put our confidence in her, even if this may be the only way I can assist."

Show
    Short post, but it is one. Last week of the semester before finals for me!

Aid Another: (1d20+55)[67]

10. - Top - End - #940
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Outlands slowly repairs itself as Celestica can feel her skin going cold. All of the positive energy that she had absorbed from the positive energy plane is leeched from her body in seconds as the weight pressing down upon her grows steadily more intense. The elf can feel her consciousness starting to stretch out beyond her form, trailing off in strands out into the ethereal plane.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica does not try to "catch" the positive energy bleeding off of her into the multiverse, it serves as a warning of the price of failure. She will just have to be more careful the next time, more focused in her will to survive and repair. She can "hear" Rahja's thoughts, but she dares not to break her concentration on the task at hand, nor does she know if she will be able to return to this state if she "comes up" to be wounded by the others. The idea of wounds doesn't bother her, Celestica has been wounded many times over. Once again, she turns her thoughts to the last plane left on the list, that of Limbo, once she fixes it, she will be done.

Spoiler: Will save for Limbo
    Show
    (3d20)[15][9][13](37) +75 = 112...other, lower numbers passed, but the DC might be steadily going up.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2014-12-02 at 08:44 AM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #942
    Colossus in the Playground

Not knowing what else to do, Lord Wero simply continues his story. In countless timelines you were sacrificed by the Fae to restore their multiverses. We have diverged. You come here of your own free will, to save the universe I, thousands of years in the future, will try and destroy. You cannot die, Celestica. You must not fail!

Spoiler
    Show

Lord Wero casts You Don't Die Until I Say So on Celestica.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

(oh those wacky epic spells)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #944

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar, unaware of Celestica's current status, nods to Wero as the purple dragon continues his great speech. Usabhar, if nothing else, can only continue giving his support, hoping it will be enough. "And you hear that Celestica? You must succeed, we know only you can do this. We're here until the end for that. We got far enough together; lets be sure it ends together, to fully complete everything we've worked so far towards stopping the Boiler Man and this planar degeneration!" Inspiring isn't how Usabhar would describe most of his speeches, but for this one he shall make an exception. Perhaps he is being more direct in this case, but it is a change from the norm... and perhaps change, in this case, is good.

Show
    Aid Another, one more time! (1d20+55)[75]

And yes, epic spells are pretty wacky

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja, in between her song, smiles and after all the speeches and songs, she is with her soulmate on the final stretch. Celestica plays to win and Rahja is always right with her, come what will.

"Love. Show 'em who's boss."

16. - Top - End - #946
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

While I frequently suggest not looking at the spoilers of others, what is said in these spoilers is rather redundant so I genuinely think that reading all of them would be a waste of your time

Usabhar Sigurhavok:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ]It was a very hot day. Not that you could feel it any more than the cold of your home land, of course. No… you could see it. You could see the sun in the sky, abominably large compared with the one you’d come to know. You could see it in the sweat dripping from the brows of humans and elves, see it in their distasteful choice in clothing. Either it was a very hot day or these other races were far more disciplined than you’d expected. Perhaps you would ask someone this time around, assuming that you weren't pulled away by yet another catastrophe.

Before you sits Salin, a dwarf that has lived in the battlefield, died to create you, returned from the dead insane, and resumed his place on the council before being cut down by some manner of copycat. Thankfully, that last bit apparently hadn't happened yet. It appears you are back on Orth, back where this entire mess had started. Just a couple of weeks at most, though it felt like years.

Besides yourself and Salin, the aasimar known as Rahja (the best healer the multiverse had ever known) and purple Dragon known as Lord Wero (a tyrant who had apparently seen the error in his ways) are the only people standing in the room, lingering in the middle of the aasimar's mansion as the insane dwarf babbles and drools upon itself. You are in the governor's manion, a building supposedly crafted for a normal human but scaled to accommodate a dragon.

Lord Werominaknacuinith:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are back on Orth, standing in the drawing room of the Governor's sizeable mansion. You are staring down at an insane dwarf, the impetus for a your momentary presence in one of dozens of political maneuvers that had been scheduled that week. The name of the dwarf and what had been wrong with it hadn't been important in the grand scheme. This had been a chance to meet the ruler of a nation on a world your empire had yet to reach (so far) while perhaps observing the leader of an organization whose presence is associated with regime changes (albeit peaceful ones). Even that hadn't been too important though. It was one of countless political gambits of calculations.

Putting aside your own internal misgivings for the moment, you briefly look over the scene before you. the insane dwarf sits on a chair in the center, looking around with confusion. Usabhar, dwarven follower of the indomitable Keltahkonkmet and stalwart warrior who had cleared an entire planetary core of mechanical dragons and killer in mere seconds, stands on the opposite side of the room. Between the two of you stands Rahja, an aasimar so learned in the arts of living things that she created a brain out of vines for the infamous Worldroot.

Rahja Dawncaller:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was no doubt in Rahja’s mind. There were far worse days that she could've been sent back to (several parts of your own youth spent as an unwilling servant of darkness may well come to mind). This was the first day that you had seen the conditions of those living within the EEE firsthand. Far more importantly, this was the day you had first met Celestica. The babbling dwarf strapped to a chair in front of you, a rough soul by the name of Salin, serves as the perfect marker for what day you have arrived in.

Standing in the Governor's mansion, only two others besides you and your patient are visible. The first is the proud form of Lord Wero, a Draconic Emperor forced into self-reflection after facing off against his son and daughter, nearly losing his empire, and taking the fight directly to the Boiler Man. The second is the indomitable presence presented by Usabhar, a stalwart dwarf who had surprisingly proven far more resistant to new methods who had slowly started warming to the idea of 'power without might'.

Looking into Salen’s vacant gaze, your zen spheres communicate a medley of disjointed, nonsensical concerns. He was concerned that he’d left his best flagon unattended back at home. He was concerned that his first name had been shifted to Nancy without his permission. He was concerned that the pudding wouldn't stop asking him riddles. More than anything else, however, he was scared that the color blue was far too yellow for its own good. The thought of opposed colors mixing was terrifying.

Spoiler: And then...
    Show
    Even though the lot of you can identify the precise day you have returned to, a few differences are already obvious. For one thing, Lord Wero is significantly more muscular than he was when he was last in this situation. Secondly, Usabhar is now wearing a mantle created from the flesh of a black dragon. Finally, a single leaf was slowly revolving around Rahja's head like an ioun stone, from which several messages are coming through. Most new magical effects and your Zurkarnite gear, however, is nowhere to be seen.

"Um... what's going on around here?"
    "Oh god. Not today. Not again."
    "Damn! What were those lottery numbers?
    "Relax, guys. We know precisely where those cracks are gonna be and what's coming through them. This is going to be a piece of cake."

Nothing happens. A minute slowly passes by without any signs of cracks through the windows or screams from the distance or feelings of distress from distant worlds. More reports come in over the following minute, slowly confirming that no cracks have formed across the known multiverse. This time around, it seems that things are going to work out for the better. As the group pats itself on the back for remaining vigilant, a wondrous melody floats through the air from the courtyard outside that brings to mind one crucial piece of info.

Spoiler
    Show
    The last time you were here, Celestica never entered the Governor's Mansion.

OOC: One last chance for all of you guys to rp a bit before going into individual epilogues.
    And yes, Rahja was able to detect Celestica from outside. I just couldn't help writing this as a suspense.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2014-12-04 at 08:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #947

Lord Wero's gaze is fixated out the window. Knowing full well what is about to happen, he remembers this to be the beginning of the end. Then he hesitates. End of what, exactly? After the reactivation of the Prime Leyline, Lord Wero could go back to ruling the Empire as he always had. Somehow though, something was...different, but he couldn't quite figure out why. Something has definitely changed, but he has no recollection as to what that was. For some reason though, this change nor its mystery were able to frighten him. For now, all that was needed was to wait for the cracks to form in the sky, then repeat this process over again.

...any minute now...

It doesn't seem like they are coming. Did Celestica actually pull it off? Are the leylines restored...?

Hearing the messages coming in through the leaf, Lord Wero activates his to give a simple reply. We have won.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

"Vias." Rahja fixes the last flaw present with brilliant positive energy. With Salin mended, Rahja breathes deeply, almost feeling the world around her breathe with her, in tune, vibrant. She reaches up, plucking the leaf out of the air and stowing it away. The aasimar's hair and clothes move with an unfelt breeze, the red scarf moving with an otherworldly quality. Her work is done, at least in this matter. She smiles to Wero and Usabhar, then wordlessly takes her leave, walking outside and feeling the sun on her skin. She follows the sweet, familiar melody, finding the most wonderful being in the entire multiverse. After everything that happened, it feels like coming home. Rahja smiles blissfully at the beautiful Celestica.

"You did it." Her arms find their way around her soulmate, pulling her close, sharing their first kiss in this new world, for now not caring about anything else but their love.

19. - Top - End - #949

SwashbucklerGuy

The moment he arrives back on Orth, Usabhar freezes as still as a statue, wondering how in the world the time loop the four were just in could send them all back this far. He had practically expected the worst now that they were all back here; the only solace he was expecting was the calm before the storm... Though getting sent back here absolutely beats having a super tarrasque in his face every time he got sent back in time.

Thankfully however none of that occurred. The solace of it all came to be a relief amidst what is a very hot day for many people on this planet. Usabhar waits for Wero to speak and for Rahja to cure Salin again before looking towards the no-longer-insane general. "Glad to see you back," Usabhar says with no shortage of gruffness in his voice. though now with a good deal of gratitude in his voice. "You have nothing to answer for general, outside of the gratitude you owe Rahja." The idea of necromancy to Usabhar still seemed like a magic that should be abolished in his kingdom... though perhaps it can be studied in careful interest. Salin's case is likely to have been nothing more than an overeager desire for those of Sargti to bring their grand general back in Usabhar's absence.

The dwarf then looks to Wero as Rahja makes her leave and Salin works his way to coming to his senses. "I never expected to have been involved in a catastrophe as grand as that," he says to the High Lord. "I take it almost none of us," his eyes lock towards Salin again for a moment, "have already forgotten about what had happened?" Usabhar still remembers it all quite vividly; all for the better too considering what he went through may never happen again. It will surely be a story to tell those of Sargti for eons to come.

Outside the building and up in the sky, a couatl lazily floats, looking up as if expecting a great storm to come in... and never saw one come. Instead she saw clear skies and a wonderful, peaceful sight as she twists her body to look down, watching Rahja come out of the building to hug and kiss her. Nasiri smiles with the warm weather with all the calm and grace that belonged to a couatl.

20. - Top - End - #950

Whom among us does not? Lord Wero inquires back to the dwarf, his gaze fixated outdoors, watching Rahja embrace Celestica. Do we all recall the events of the last few days, or is the average Eclipisian citizen waking up in their apartment in the Indigo Citadel finding their homes no longer demolished and our world's new moon no longer present? If the events of the last few days no longer happened, this means... The dragon trembles, looking very concerned. I'm coming, my child. Just hold on. He then looks to Usabhar, his expression impassive, but soft.

If you all would, I would appreciate your counsel on the future of the Empire.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica was tired, so very tired. She welcomes the hug of Rahja, but still is tired. You don't just work the Prime Leyline and repair 5 infinite realms without it taking some sort of toll, not to mention throwing off a million points worth of energy. Not that it was hers that she was expending, but its departure left a hole. She wondered what would happen if an elf actually went to sleep, instead of their usual trance state. And then another thought occurs to her, what happened to Crystalia?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #952

SwashbucklerGuy

"Indeed I can do so," the dwarf responds to Wero, responding with dignity towards the ruler while also speaking in a relaxed, comfortable tone. "And I am sure the others will be willing to come as well." The dwarf is glad to hear that the whole event has, seemingly, taught Wero something. Whatever this journey may be, it certainly wasn't one that went to waste.

The dwarf looks outside a nearby window, contemplating the view that now doesn't contain those awful cracks which had appeared before. "I've already received my counsel, so it will be no problem for me to give what wisdom I know..." Usabhar pauses, looking back to Wero as the paragon asks, "Am I to still call you by the High Lord?" Usabhar remembers that mentioning Wero's name was a sore spot for the draconic ruler, even though it is only a name to the dwarf. Does that still matter so much for Wero now?

Meanwhile, a slithery, flying reptile moves through the building with an eccentric pace, smiling all the while looking for who she considers a friend. "Excuse me! Pardon me! Coming through! Hey, have any of you seen Korshim?" With this all over she can't help but get one more chance to meet the giant clockwork dragon, so long as he hasn't changed too much from when she last saw him.

23. - Top - End - #953

I...I don't know. Lord Wero responds, looking at his feet, away from Usabhar. I have been High Lord for so long... He shakes his head. He knows that for the good of the Empire, then the moniker he must be known by must necessarily be abandoned, though the dragon was unsure if he could stop being High Lord Werominaknacuinith after all these centuries.

At the moment he is interrupted by the couatl whose name Lord Wero cannot recall at all inquiring about the clockwork dragon. Oh you just passed him. Lord Wero says, pointing back the way she came down the oversized entrance hall, where a familiar looking brass clockwork draconic construct can be seen sitting, but with his neck outstretched and head turned, looking over at Nasiri.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Gently, Rahja picks up her soulmate, carrying her, cradling her in her arms, warmth flowing from the aasimar's soul. Without a sound, they disappear, either to appear on Crystalia or in the court of the lich queen. Without force, Rahja walks her path, yet becomes unstoppable, hindrances turned away without hand or word or magic, radiant wings shining with the light of the healer's soul.

25. - Top - End - #955

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar keeps quiet as Wero gives a unsure response to the dwarf's question. A lot indeed seemed uncertain towards the empire. What has happened this entire journey has been difficult for everyone; even with it now over and removed from time there is still clean up for everyone to deal with. On one hand, Usabhar isn't looking forward to changing how his kingdom works... On the other, staying his course will be nothing but ruin in his wake. He has this chance now and he shall not waste it.

Nasiri meanwhile flies over in a flash to Korshim, spinning around and coiling around one of his metal guards on his head before giving him a large, pleasing smile. "Glad that's over," she remarks "I imagine you've worked out what transpired as well?".

26. - Top - End - #956

My chronometer is still compensating for the temporal displacement. Korshim says before looking at Nasiri. I...i'm glad it is over too.

-----------------

Tell me something: Lord Wero says to Usabhar, looking towards him. And do speak freely, am I the problem? Do you think it is good for the Empire that I remain High Lord?

27. - Top - End - #957

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar turns his head to look to Wero as the paragon is being addressed. What he is asked must certainly be important if Wero is wanting an honest answer. Had the dwarf been asked this before he probably wouldn't have given a good answer; what would have come instead from Usabhar's mouth would have been absolute drivel to Wero's ears at best. Now, things are a little different. Usabhar has a little more wisdom and a better understanding of the High Lord and of Lord Wero. While it might be better for Rahja or Celestica to speak, there is only Usabhar right now. Perhaps though, that is all who is needed at this moment.

"You ask me if you are the problem?" Usabhar gives this hypothetical question to acknowledge the High Lord's question. "Then I shall ask what I have wondered for some time: When is government not the solution, but the problem? When does it restrict ideas and lock into one's traditions and biased outlook?" In addressing Wero's question Usabhar brings up his own thoughts. Questions that he barely hinted at before now spread into the air, very much questions that could come from Wero as well. "I cannot say whether you are the problem but I have noticed how you have acted in the Boiler Man's territory. I respect the High Lord, but I have never truly feared him the way a ruler may come to fear himself... Like I think we've both come to realize." Usabhar turns around, looking directly at Wero with the dwarf's weary eyes locked onto the dragon. "If that may not guide you, I suggest speaking to your son, Zurkar. His wisdom I think has and will save more lives than you might realize."

Meanwhile Nasiri is still giddy and excited, practically bouncing her head up and down like a child would jump on a bed. "C'mon, you should be happier!" If nothing else the couatl wants to cheer up Korshim, who must have been terrified beyond belief about what he could have done had the others not stop the Boiler Man. "Don't you think this is a time for celebration, or at least a moment to forget everything and simply enjoy yourself for a short time? We could fly around sightseeing the planet or lie on the highest mountain like we once did before." Her giddiness isn't going to last yet the time now, she believes, is perfect for this mood. She could worry about Sargti and Usabhar's state later. Everyone else but her is probably in contemplation, and she'd almost wouldn't have it any other way.

28. - Top - End - #958

Lord Wero smiles. Zurkar is so modest. He turns to Usabhar. I've known he will deliver the Empire into the future for years now. I've thought about it for only a few hours, but I fear the longer I delay, the more suffering I cause even though I already know the answer. He pauses, looking down at his forelegs in contemplation. If he is to deliver Emanacal into the future, to exceed the glories of the 4th and 5th Eras, I must step aside. I know this, it's just... He turns away, the massive dragon's tail dragging along the polished marble floor towards Usabhar.

I have been High Lord for longer than I have been alive. The idea of just...letting go, it terrifies me. He looks back at Usabhar. There is still much to do. Feel free to take your formerly insane General back, unconditionally. If you will excuse me, there is much yet to be done on Emanacal.

Yes, except I am here under orders to keep guard. Korshim pauses, scanning the room with his white glowing eye-lenses. ...guarding individuals vastly more powerful than I more than capable of looking after themselves. He looks down. Under orders never actually given. If anything, my creator has always been saying I need to "get out more." An idiom translating to mean that I spend too much time performing unnecessary or useless tasks. Korshim then looks up at Nasiri. Somehow, the Couatl can sense that if the mechanical dragon could physically smile, he would be doing so. I know a spacious canyon several miles southwest of this city. It is the physical barrier that marks the border between the Eclipsian enclave on Orth and some unimportant kingdom whose name I have no knowledge of. Flying within may be misconstrued as an act of aggression, but... Korshim shrugs. Politicians suck. The only thing you should be concerned about is whether or not you can catch me! The mechanical dragon then suddenly springs to life, hydraulics and servos hissing and clanging in response to the machine jumping into the air, and his wings sending him speeding out the governor's mansion.

29. - Top - End - #959

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar lets Wero be as the paragon is left to take his general back to Sargti. It will be good to head back home to the council, to everyone who perhaps deserves better than what treatment the dwarf gave everyone before. He looks to Salin and begins speaking. "Then it is about time we leave Gener-"

Usabhar is cut off by Nasiri's loud giggling as she watches Korshim energetically spread his wings out and fly up. "Oh don't you worry; I'm coming for you!" she proclaims happily as she takes off into the sky after Korshim, no cares or worries in the world right now.

Usabhar simply watches Nasiri take off; his best and most reasonable form of getting back home leaving him for a short time. He is silent for a moment, then grumbles, "...Fine, we shall wait for her to return then." Having a little patience couldn't hurt. Nasiri had not planned to be gone for more than an hour anyway.

Show
    Left this just to round off the conversation nicely for the epilogues to come.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2014-12-13 at 08:25 AM.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Two Weeks Later

OOC: May make sense to actually spoiler responses as this will be pretty disorienting to read through otherwise.

Usabhar:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sargti is thriving

Most of the troubles that you have faced seem like decent memories, leaving none of the scars you have seen. The council was never slain by your doppelganger. The fungal plague you faced never spread amongst your people. The Azers had never known subjugation from the Mythryl King. The Frost giants were never replaced with their fiery brethren.

Removing pain, however, is quite different from building strength

This time around, things have been different. You have earned new insights and have prepared for new tasks. You drove out the Fungal traitor amongst your people before he could spread his plague. You extended friendship and support to the azers, knowing of their vulnerabilities. You even made contact with the rot reavers, knowing of their taste for the horrid undead and of their more "reasonable" leader. Perhaps best of all, Keltahkonkmet has made his presence known in the skies of Kulomen as he rests after his most recent fight

As with all great progress, some things are lost

While Usabhar has been allowed to keep his mantle, the rank of divine emissary has been withdrawn while your god recovers. Nasiri, using technology borrowed from Emanacal, has been absent more frequently (though no less faithful a servant) as she soars through the skies of many worlds with Korshim. Beyond these paltry losses, however, is a loss that the Paragon can't recover. Nobody but Usabhar still remembers the chant he was offered as he set out for the Boiler Man. While he is honored and venerated as always, the closest thing that the pseudo-divine dwarf has received to a genuine prayer has been all but erased from history.

Of course, that is a matter for more reflective times. Tonight, a warm feast fills the feasts. The goliaths have finally arrived with their tents and goods and commerce, not war, has been the rule for the past couple of days. Exotic aromas fill the air as goliaths, dwarves, and frost giants dine in unison. The frost giant chieftain, one of the few beings in Kulomen to remember what has happened, has been dropping subtle clues that the nature and location of a certain root should remain a secret this time around. As soon as that was established, however, everyone has been all smiles.

"Tell me, Paragon," speaks Upshal, leader of the Goliaths, "Are you truly as strong as everyone claims?"

Lord Wero:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All things considered, the transition has been going rather smoothly. Zurkar, however reluctantly, has attended more court and managed to make a positive impression upon your advisors. The eternals (thankfully alive once more) have been performing drills at his command and none have questioned the few edicts he had made. Between all of this and small tidbits of expertly leaked information, you were pretty sure that the writing was on the wall. While you were certain that Zurkar would come to you for advice now and then for a few years to come, there is only one step remaining. Well, more of a formality, really. All you had to do was... formally... address the public.

Standing with Zurkar in your chamber of judgment, You can see the balcony overlooking the square in front of the citadel, in which your citizens have assembled for your speech. Millions of citizens. Some of which your laws have harmed. All of them watching that balcony.

Outside, in the hallway, you know that the rest of your family (including Minaeyoch, who had thankfully remembered everything) is waiting to provide emotional support. In fact, this is one of the first times that one wing of the citadel has played host to your entire extended family, including mortal and chromatic spouses. Though most of your family members are really large, the fact that they can barely fit within the entry hall certainly says something about your legacy. Zurkar, meanwhile, is feverishly studying a set of flash cards as he waits for your cue.

Celestica & Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show

The funny thing about love at first sight is that it tends to rob a couple of the little things.

The two of you had vowed devotion to each other and forged a magical bond between your souls, for example, before you had even gone out on a single date... unless you could driving off waves of unholy monstrosities and healing the sky as a "date"... which you might. Either way, the fact remained that two of you had barely had any time for yourselves apart from your brief foray into the land of Faerie.

The two weeks after fixing the layline, however, gave a rare chance to remedy this solution. Without fracturing skies, universe-eating roots, failing miracles, and wars against dimension-hopping lunatics... things have honestly been pretty straightforward this time around. While an occasional emergency (nothing taking you more than a few minutes to solve) have pulled you away, the two of you have been free to show each other the places within the multiverse that you have seen over the course of your lives.

As all good things, however, this vacation from disaster had to end... at least in the short-term. A written letter found its way into Celestica's possession, welcoming her back home to speak whenever she was ready. Less than an hour after receiving this message, Rahja has received a sending from Selayna statign that Shelyn needed to speak with her. With plans to meet up later already established, the two of you separated and...

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arriving in Selayna's hollow, Rahja finds the fey fretting as she paces back and forth in obvious concern, muttering to herself about how Shelyn had clearly gone too far.

Celestica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After being dropped off by the entry portal to Crystallia by Rahja (the two of you were certain to ensure that it ended up on the astral plane), Celestica immediately finds herself surrounded by the full company of the queen's royal guard, all of which proudly wear dragonscale armor from chromatic dragons they had slain.

"Lady Celestica," speaks Amerin, leader of the guards, "We have been tasked with your safe passage if you should allow us." With that, the leader gives a short bow.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2014-12-15 at 11:18 PM.