New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 16 - Home is Where the Phylactery is

[The Frescot House]

"Sure, go ahead." Sakura steps aside so he can take the stroller. She sure doesn't mind.

"A supise?" Laela's eyes light up. What kind of surprise? She can't wait to find out!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Edijar's Home]

Astrid leans over Ignai's shoulder to peak at the magic blocking tattoo. "Do you think if they screw it up something else might happen?" It would stink to get the tattoo and not only not have it help but cause some sort of side-effect. Astrid doesn't know a thing about magic of this type though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Edijar's Home]

Ignai traces her fingers over the design of the rune. She wishes that Edijar could assure her that it will work absolutely, but even still, it's the best chance she's got. She's too overwhelmed to say anything as she looks at that rune. This could finally be over.

Edijar's Home

"It very well might. If you wish, I might know someone who can do an expert tattoo. I doubt she'd charge anything if I said it was a personal favor."
    The retired soldier admits before smiling. "Though she might get carried away and start adding more tattoos unless you stopped her."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Harald's Hideaway]

"Oh, but we're talking about you, Harald. All these augments and all this power don't make you immune to emotions. Like lust, for instance," Tina slides up against Harald, wrapping her arms around his body. "I mean sure, you could probably suppress those things too... but why would you want to?"
    He grins, returning the embrace and leaning in to kiss her.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Frescot House]

"A supise! Yep!" Adir flashes his teeth at the little pink-haired girl again, shortly before taking the twins and starting them toward the house. He takes the long way round, so they can use the least-steep slope. "Did mommy say where you were goin' today, Laela?"

[Harald's Hideaway]

Tina accepts the kiss and returns it. She won't be opposed to any more lovin' if Harald decides he's in the mood, but she really should get going soon. One-night stands aren't supposed to linger so long. The neon girl just can't help herself, especially just after taking her dose, even if the stuff's kinda dull now.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-11-07 at 12:12 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Harald's Hideaway]

Tina accepts the kiss and returns it. She won't be opposed to any more lovin' if Harald decides he's in the mood, but she really should get going soon. One-night stands aren't supposed to linger so long. The neon girl just can't help herself, especially just after taking her dose, even if the stuff's kinda dull now.
    Before activating the teleporters, he has one more thing to say.

"Last chance to get my help with that drug. You probably won't be seeing me again, so tell me now if you're accepting."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Frescot House]

"Mommy says this is our house. An she said that the other house is Auntie Cessie's house and we were jus staying there." Laela says, repeating what her mom told her earlier.

"That's right, Laela. And when Daddy gets it all ready, we're going to live here now." Sakura says.

7. - Top - End - #97

[The Frescot House]

"Yep! You and your brothers were just stayin' awhile. But you'll like it here! I promise!"

The stag reaches the top of the grassy green hill, a somewhat chilly autumn wind drifting across the forest. Laid out atop the hidden house is a checkered blanket, accompanied by a little basket. Inside are tarts and fruit pastries, fresh peaches and apricots, prepared salads and the like. He got a lot - not having thought to ask Laela's preference the day before. Heck, he's not sure just how much of it she's able to eat, being so young.

"So tell me, Laela, whaddya like? Whats your favorite sort of food?" He kneels down and starts getting things out, glancing at Sakura.

[Harald's Hideaway]

Tina, now dressed and composed, thinks a moment longer before shaking her head. "No, Harald. Thanks, but no. I gotta deal with it myself. If I decide I wanna deal with it at all. But hey, thanks for the fun." She winks at him. Despite his insistence that they'll never meet again, she grins and says, "Don't be a stranger."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-11-07 at 03:57 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Frescot House]

"Umm, I like fwuits. Like banana and cherries when mommy cuts out the pits." Laela says with an exaggerated nod. "Are we gonna have fwuits?"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ashley's Warehouse

It's been a while since Ally last visited Ashley's home, but it hasn't changed much in the interim. There are a few new items stashed on the shelves, including a few gems. That comfy chair in the corner is now the center of a resting area of the room, with a bookshelf right next to it.

Ashley grins at Ally as she heads inside.

10. - Top - End - #100

Ashley's Warehouse

Ally looks around the building, then returns her girlfriend's grin. Doing any fun... experiments?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Harald's Hideaway]

Tina, now dressed and composed, thinks a moment longer before shaking her head. "No, Harald. Thanks, but no. I gotta deal with it myself. If I decide I wanna deal with it at all. But hey, thanks for the fun." She winks at him. Despite his insistence that they'll never meet again, she grins and says, "Don't be a stranger."
    He nods, and snaps his fingers. Tina is teleported back to the Nexus.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

Ashley's Warehouse

"A couple things here and there. I've been trying to figure out some gems I found a while ago. I haven't had a lot of progress, though," Ashley says.

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Sophie's Apartment

"You know, I hope so, becau-"

Then the doorbell rings. Copi immediately jumps up and saunters over to the door, casually using her psychic sense to count the number of minds waiting there. She will open the door with a smile, of course, but she's not going to get caught off-guard if it's three people instead of just one.
    Sophie's Apartment

Unfortunately, the number of people on the other side is best described as being between none and nine or so. Not very accurate information, which might lead Copi to believe that whoever it is has some kind of shi-

Oh, it's just Julie. Well that makes more sense. She's dressed in a black floor length fur coat with a wide brimmed hat, the rest of her clothes concealed beneath the cold weather covering.

"Oh, hello Copi. Is Kate's housemate here? I just had something to tell her."

Mintbalm stands back in her corner of the room, not knowing who this is for obvious reasons.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sophie's Apartment

HUG

Copi tries to hug Julie warmly, like an old friend that one has not seen in far, far too long. She will try to turn this into a twirl, trying to twirl Julie into the room and onto the couch. A piece of pizza on a plate will then be offered to her telikinetically.

"Look who it is. There is Sophie,"
    Copi says with a gesture to the oversized Grig, and then gestures at a certain corner of the room, "and that is Mintbalm, Kate's best friend. Mintbalm, meet Julie, Kate's best friend. Hamburger pizza with stuffed crust, or greek pizza, and if we want to really get mourning there is plenty of ice cream in the freezer."

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Frescot House]

"Umm, I like fwuits. Like banana and cherries when mommy cuts out the pits." Laela says with an exaggerated nod. "Are we gonna have fwuits?"
    "I got all kinds of fwuits. I got regular old bananas, and... ah, here," Adir shifts a cherry pie out've the basket. He'll scoop a piece out and put it on a plate before offering it to Laela. If the little one accepts, another piece will be fished out for Sakura.

Adir settles himself cross-legged on the blanket, getting comfortable and preparing some food for himself. "You don't remember much about this house, right Laela?" He smiles and leans forward a bit. "Your mommy was right. This is our house. We stayed here for a while, till... daddy left."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Frescot House]

Laela gets sat down on the blanket and Sakura goes about getting the twins out of the stroller and laying them down so they're not all cooped up.

"I don't 'member." Laela says. She doesn't reply more than that, because she sees food." When the plate of cherry pie is given to her, she immediately grabs a handful of the filling and stuffs it and part of her hand in her mouth.

"Oh Laela, sweetie, no. You need to use a spoon. Now you're all messy." Sakura scolds as she goes to get some wipes out of the baby bag.

17. - Top - End - #107

[Frescot House]

Adir laughs unabashedly, eyes narrowing in a broad grin. "Gods, I guess we know who's table manners she got. No need to scarf it down, kid," Adir says. He gets Laela a plastic spoon and some whipped cream. "Here, Laela, it's better with these." Once the tiny dryad is cleaned up, Adir plops a dollop of whipped cream on her pie and hands over the spoon.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edijar's Home

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post

"It very well might. If you wish, I might know someone who can do an expert tattoo. I doubt she'd charge anything if I said it was a personal favor."
    The retired soldier admits before smiling. "Though she might get carried away and start adding more tattoos unless you stopped her."
    Astrid grins, free tattoos sound better then non-free tattoos. She glances over at Ignai, "That sounds like a good deal to me."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Sakura wipes up Laela's hands, though the girl seems pouty. She was eating tasty pie!But when the spoon is put in her hands, she brightens up again. With little coordination, she takes a big scoop and- "No, Laela. That's too much." Poor kid is never going to get to eat. Sakura fishes a new spoon out of her bag, this one small and more suited to the toddler. Finally, with the new spoon in hand, Laela gets a mouthful of pie. Yum!

[Edijar's Home]

"Yeah, that sounds great. Uh, just as long as she sticks to the one tattoo." Ignai says with a giggle. She doesn't really want more.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-11-10 at 11:52 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Leaving Trog's towards Ominous Tower]

99 is walking along, holding close to a Seiner. They have a ways to go. "It's still a bit out of the way. Thank you again for the pin. So thoughtful of you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

[Journey To Vampire Acres]
    Seiner giggles. Aww, you're welcome. And I'm fine with it being out of the way, I don't mind! She lays her head on her girlfriend's shoulder, smiling.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

First, their path takes them out of the city, along a road that grows steadily less crowded.

The vampire pulls her girlfriend in close while they walk. "Does give more time to walk together. How have you been since I left?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[To 99's]
    She nods. Nothing much been going on... new patron at the lounge, I guess. I have a gi---wait no that's you, you know that one. Seiner winks, giggling.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

[96]

Eventually, it will taper down to a dirt road, evidently with a good deal of wagon travel.

99 may have actually fallen for that, for just a moment thinking Seiner meant someone else. Now she's grinning and looking quite embarrassed.
    Mock surprise. "There goes my biggest piece of news."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Got 99 Problems]
    Seiner pecks her cheek. Heh, looks like we've both had pretty uneventful times lately... but that's not bad. Uneventful can be nice and cozy, after all.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

[97 - And all of them are you]

And they take a fork to the right, and wander down to a thinner road, that could maybe carry one small vehicle.

The vampire leans down to kiss her girlfriend back. "So long as it's mixed with events. Did you have something that needed privacy, or did you just want to be together?" Not that 99 would object to either.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[A 99 Problem and it's her favorite one]
    Seiner grins, nestling closer.
    Weellllll, I won't go denying that I might be interested in making the most of our time alone together, if you like that is...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

[98 - I got Crimes in the Ocean Undermine the Orphans' Kingdom problems and there's no way this will rhyme]

Moving on, they come to what's nearly a footpath, leading into a copse of trees.

99 blushes and smiles. "Well, how could I resist you?" She misses a step and stumbles, remembering someone who once talked to her like Seiner is doing. She can almost hear the words.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-11-10 at 04:18 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

[99's House]
    Seiner meeps, trying to help her girlfriend stay upright.
    Careful, hon, are you okay? She frowns, concerned and holding 99 closer.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

[99 - The Vann Estate]

99 is steadied and righted. "Just, wasn't looking. Thanks for catching me." She laughs it off. "And here I thought you were the clumsy one."

On the other side of the trees are fields, stretching a long way off. Some are planted with tall stalks, others short bushes, a couple with shrublike trees. People (each in a conical straw hat) and living skeletons of bleached bone move between the rows, tending to the plants, pulling out weeds, and most commonly, gathering in the fruits and grains and leaves of them. It is harvest season. In the center of the fields stands a dark metallic tower, a good five stories high, made all of sharp angles and hard lines.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine