New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

"About the thief turned rabbit? Yes, she did tell me about that." Mia replies. "She also told me that you have some magic that will allow you to speak with her?"

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk shrugs. "Yes...but what do I ask?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl watches, not saying anything, as he doesn't know the priestess.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know. You know her better than I do."

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Looking a bit pensive, Bronsk raises his hands and chants a brief collection of jumbled syllables, invoking the power of the spirits to allow him to speak with animals.
    Once more, he opens up the bundle and addresses the rabbit.
    "So...We have some questions for you, and you have some too, maybe. Answer true, and we maybe can return you to normal. First question: why did hyu steal the relics?"

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why do YOU care, werewolf? Does your friend know you are a monster, or have you forgotten to tell her that?" The rabbit replies mockingly. "Actually, perhaps I enjoy being a rabbit. You thought about that? Really, why should I even help four monsters? Maybe because... She suddenly trails off. "Bah, okay. I'll speak. Just keep your paws away. Now, why did I steal the relics? Because I needed them. You know that house where you and your thugs assaulted me? Supposedly, there's a rather nice gem hidden there, and as a baroness, I happen to be rather fond of gems. It just so happens that I'm a very skilled thief too. And since I couldn't buy the relics, I figured I'd have to steal them to get the gem.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

When the rabbit stops squeaking, Karl asks, You understand her, right? What did she say?

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk relays the essence of the rabbit's message:
    "She says she iz Baroness and thief both, looking for a gem in Ami's house. She says the relics iz used to find the gem." Turning back to the indignant rodent, Bronsk continues, running a hand through his mustache.
    "Well, you give away much, and not all iz true, I'm sure. I won't lecture hyu about stealing, but about nearly killing a man with the gleam of gold in your eye? That iz monstrous. How did hyu learn of the relics? Library?"

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

"That was a mistake. I didn't want to kill him, but when he surprised me, I accidentally set off my crossbow. Anyway, the relics. I heard mention about the gem from a book in my library at home. Supposedly the gem belonged to this Ami person, and I figured that if the gem still hasn't been claimed, it's because it can't be found easily. Probably locked away somewhere very carefully. And since those five items were the only things left from this woman, I hoped that perhaps one of them could unlock the location of the gem. And now it's my turn to ask you a question. Why did you attack me? I thought I knew the reason, but considering I'm still alive, I'm curious."

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Looking a little puzzled, Bronsk sits back a little.
    "Us? At first, iz because you attacked and nearly killed a man. Had I not been there," Bronsk taps the patch on his sleeve significantly, "hyu would be murderer. And we would not still be talking." He shakes his head. "As to why...iz like..." Bronsk gazes at the ceiling. "Crusade? No, more like history crusade. Finding the truth." He waves a hand. "So. How did hyu learn to use the relics?"

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

The rabbit appears to ponder the question for a short while. "To be completely honest. I have no idea. I have heard of magical items before. I even have a few at home. And I'm pretty good at using wands but, really. What I did was to just wave the items around and hope for the best. If it's magical, something usually happens. Of course, if I knew exactly how they worked, I wouldn't be stuck in this shape."

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young healer nods.
    "So. What now? The enchantment iz permanent, but we'll change hyu back, if we can. However." Bronsk leans forward a little, towering over the rabbit. "If hyu have only vengeance and spite in your heart...We will not be so helpful. Okay?"

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, but you see. I care little for vengeance. It is boring and frankly, it gives little satisfaction to watch others suffer. But then I do know your secret, and it would be pretty wrong of me not to warn the people of Sotonia that a group of werewolves are in the midst of the country." She says with as much of a grin as she can muster. "I might not be able to speak, but I still know how to write, and I am not alone here in this city."

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk lifts an eyebrow, "Us? Hyu are the one who steals and kills, M'lady, not us. Do not try and fool me into thinking hyu care of Sotonia's people; not when you act as hyu do." He looks with disgust at the rabbit. "I don't expect hyu to like us, but hyu do not give us much reason to help you."

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm resourceful and clever. I'll figure out a way to get rid of this curse in no time, so you do not have to worry about that. And for the record, I do care. I just care more about me. Now, will you help me or do I have to figure things out on my own?"

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl butts in again. What's she saying?

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Turning his head, Bronsk replies to Karl
    "She says that she plans on trying to ruin us whether we rid the curse of her or not. She says she will break the curse herself, somehow. She says that if we break the curse, she will ruin us anyways." he turns back to the rabbit. "Is that about right?"

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not... quite. If you give me to my coworker, I won't reveal your secret to the public. Assuming you keep mine."

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Lifting an eyebrow, Bronsk asks "And who iz your coworker?"

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

"A young girl who is staying at a tavern in the city. She will either look exactly like me, or a ten year old child, and she will respond to being called Cat."

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk

Nodding to himself, Bronsk relays more of the rabbit's speech.
    "She says that if we get her to her associate named 'Cat' in the city, she will leave us alone, if we keep her secret."

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl flicks a glance at the Priestess. Leave us alone? What can she do to us, she's a thief and would be a murderer if it weren't for you. Even if she does get turned back, she'll probably be executed or put in jail, or something.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-05-13 at 04:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk sighs and gazes at the rabbit.
    "Nobles often have gold or friends enough to sidestep justice. As for harming us...gold may also hire justice undeserved, and slander is alzo the weapon of the noble."

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm afraid Bronsk is right Karl." Mia pipes in. "If she is a baroness, like she claims, then she has a lot of power. And even the word of a clergy member like myself wouldn't be able to stand against her."

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    With another sigh, Bronsk reaches forward and puts the rabbit back in its bundle for the moment, tying up the shirt again.
    "We should get a cage of some kind, for the time being. Mia, do hyu know a place? One that iz done, we can talk, I think."

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

"What the. I'm not..." The rabbit shouts before her voice is completely muffled by the bag. "Cage? No, I'm afraid not, although..." Mia frowns slowly. "Do any of you hear that? It sounds like someone in pain..." Now that she mentions it, all four can hear soft, painful moans coming from outside. Mia walks over to the shutters on the windows and open them. "Dear heavenly mother." She says in shock. In the streets outside, they can see a trail of blood coming from a back alley and moving towards the outskirts of the city. From the window, A man wearing the uniform of the city guard is lying dead almost at the entrance to the alley, his entire features a bloody mess from something that can only be clawmarks. "I think the thief will have to wait..." Mia says weakly.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk

Bronsk stands up abruptly and makes his way towards the window. on seeing the carnage below, he has a sharp intake of breath and glances at his companions nervously. "Mia, I think hyu should stay here. Please, make sure the thief she does not escape."
    Bronsk heads down to the street and kneels beside the stricken man, verifying that no life remains.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl follows. Oh my... he stares up the street. Should we call the guards?

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

"No Bronsk. Let me help as well." Mia says, before she tosses the rabbit pack to Tyrgen and dashes after him. "I'm a healer as well, and as a priestess, it's my duty to see if there at least is some hope left. Bronsk and Mia both verify that the guard is as dead as dead can be. Bitten and clawed to death, and through his studies, Bronsk verifies that the killer is a wolf or a similarily big canine. Mia throws a quick glance into the alley where the blood trail came from, and the sight is so disgusting that she cringes and shields her eyes for a second. Four more guards are in there, all with several bite and claw marks. One appears to be half-eaten, and another one of them has been beheaded. On closer look, the group can see that one of them, a man with only a single bitemark on his hand, and a single clawmark over his chest, appears to still be alive, as blood is still pumping out from the wound on his hand.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk rushes forward, legs pumping as he dodges through the corpses, his hands already occupied with a roll of gauze and a small green bottle. Checking briefly to make sure no slavering horrors are standing nearby, Bronsk sets to work, trying to staunch the bleeding while looking for signs of poison or infection.
    Heal Check - (1d20+11)[20]