New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Bronsk
    Bronsk deflates a little, as if he'd been dreading the suggestion. He concentrates for a moment, and his chest bulges as it expands upwards and outwards, a ripple of gray fur sprouting from nearly every pore. After a moment, the lamp-like yellow eyes of the hybrid reassess the room as it darts an anthropomorphic paw downwards and retrieves the now empty clothes.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

Lisaa nods and changes into a furry wolf-elf. Her boots falls off her feet-paws.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

The group makes their way up the stairs to the second floor. The door to the bedroom is wide open. Inside the room, the werewolf is lying under the bed in wolf form, with blood around his muzzle. He appears very buff, with a greyish-brown coat, and with three stripes of darker fur on his forehead that are strangely similar to claw marks. Although he is growling, he is also obviously very frightened. His growl is weak, he has his tail between his legs, and there is a strong smell of fear surrounding him. A heap of clothes, as well as a club and leather armour, lie beneath the bed beside him.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-05-19 at 09:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl lets his illusion drop, so that the beast underneath the bed is confronted by three werewolves in hybrid form. Boo.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The werewolf hiding (not very successfully) under the bed snarls at the person entering the room.

"Rrrrrrr..... snarl ! *whine*"

(Translation: Stay away.... or else ! please ?)

When Karl all of a sudden changes appearance to a wolf-hybrid, the wolf under the bed goes all bug-eyed, ears flat against his skull and seems about ready to bolt. He eyes the bedroom window for just a moment, as if calculating if he could make it to the window before the wolf-thing in the door can catch him.

Lycar

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl grins a predator's smile, all fangs and jagged death. You're thinking if you can make it out of the window before we catch you. It doesn't matter. How do you think I changed from a man to a hybrid with completely different clothes in the blink of an eye? I'm a sorcerer. Run and I'll blast you to bits.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The wolf locks the gaze of his brown eyes with those of the sorceror in the doorway, heckles on the back raised.

"(Do you mean to say i have to kill you to get out of here ? Im warning you ! I might just do that !)"

But the scent of fear (and the tail firmly between his legs) easily betray that as deperate bravado.

On the other hand, there is nothing more dangerous then a wild, wounded and cornered animal.....

Lycar

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl's heckles rise in response. Kill us? Seems like someone never learned basic addition. We outnumber you. And we all have magical powers. If you want to live, then you better surrender.

(Is Tyrgen with us or not?)

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (He is with you, yes.)

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Vakri
    Vakri sniffs the air and peers at the frightened wolf. He speaks through the fangs of the wolf's muzzle.
    "You are one of us...but you are tainted by the blood you've spilled now. If you do not run or fight, then we may talk. If you do either, you force us to taint ourselves with your blood. So sit!"

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The frightened wolf crawls back a bit deeper under the bed. He is clearly frightened, but also defiant. He does stay put otherwise though.

"(They had it coming ! I surrendered when they knocked me down but they still tried to kill me ! I was just defending myself !)"

Lycar

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh? Karl raises an eyebrow. Why then did they knock you down in the first place?

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The wolf hesistates for a moment, but then the words begin to pour out of him and he tells you his story.

"(Look, we were just .. foraging. Getting something to eat. But they caught us. So we ran. The guards followed us, one was pretty fast for a guard, so i had to slow him down a bit. So once we came out of an alley, i waited for him and whacked him with my club. Took the fight out of him. Then i ran again, we tried to loose the guards by climbing a wall and going for the roofs. I was almost up there when they caught up with us. They must have fired a crossbow bolt or something.. suddenly there was that searing pain in my back and i fell down. I tried to get up again but they were upon me already. So i told them 'okay, you got me, i surrender.' . But that one guy, he was .. i don't know... if it had benn the guy i knocked down before i could have understood... but he said something like 'we're not going to let you street scum get away again this time' and he tried to kill me. I tried to get my club back to fight back but then he hit me on the head and.... and the next thing i know is im... like this and they are al dead and i.. i don't know... i just wanted to get away as fast as possible.. only all my stuff was just lying around.. so i kinda picked my club and armour up with my teeth and ran for it... at first i didn't know where to go 'cept as far away as fast as possible. But then out side the city i got that feeling i should go to this old hut in the woods. Nobody lives here so, it would be a good place to hide... that and.. i dunno... i kinda felt drawn to it ... it was as if it was calling out to be a save heaven of sorts. I was just trying to figure out what the hell happened and how to get out of this mess again when i heard someone coming.... that would be you then.... so what now ?")

Lycar

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Vakri
    the hybrid with the lamp-like eyes regards the other in silence for a moment, and then sniffs.
    "Come out, then. Sit down. Have you changed like this before?"
    His tone is calming, but forceful with an edge of feral fang in it.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"(No, never !)" the wolf yelps. He stays put for a few more seconds, eyes darting between the other werewolves. But then he finally begins to inch foreward from out under the bed.

Lycar

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl's fur ripples away, his body returning to the shape of a human. The buttons on his shirt have popped off due to the expanded muscles of hybrid form, but he is dressed.
    His explanation seems reasonable. You know, it was his first time, the beast took over, it's not his fault the guards died. I'm sure he's learnt his lesson, let's just leave it.
    He seems sincere, it's an odd change from the accusing tone he had before.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The wolf finally crawls out from under the bed. He sits down on his haunches and looks at you with a wary expression. Now that you can take a closer look at him, you notice that the trail of blood you followed probably came from a nasty-looking wound in his belly, right below his ribcage.

Since the wound is located pretty much in the middle of his body, it is unlikely that he suffered it while on four legs.

While he is still clearly scared, he seems to have calmed down a bit.

Lycar

18. - Top - End - #798

Lisaa

Lisaa lowers her bow but keeps the arrow in her hand. "His deeds might have been justified. But now the authority in the city will be all stirred up. We can only hope that we can keep a low profile and leave soon. We still have to talk with the old man about his stuff." She pauses for a moment. "You know, now that we are here we could try to find the stone which the evil bunny mentioned." The elf-wolf looks at the wolf. "The wound looks bad. Can you heal him, Bronsk ?"

((Uh, Ozzy G, you seem to altenate between Indigo and Purple for your speech colour. Is there some hidden meaning behind it ?))
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-05-20 at 12:33 PM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Vakri
    The gray wolf-creature's ears perk up, and then it nods at Lisaa.
    Stepping forward, Its eyes flare briefly as it gestures, channeling with ease the power of the spirits to heal the stricken werewolf.

Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+4)[9]

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

Just as the wounds on the werewolf close partially, the group can hear the sound of a horse approaching. From their vantage point in the bedroom, the pack can see the priestess Mia riding the horse that is approaching the building. As she approaches, she dismounts the horse and ties it to a nearby tree, whispering soothing words to it.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

Vakri
    Vakri looks around at the room's occupants.
    With an abrupt motion, he shakes his furry muzzle and where once stood a towering wolfman now stands Bronsk nude and looking bewildered for just a moment before his face turns red as a sunset.
    I'll get you for this, Vakri he thinks as he tries to set the world record for fastest donning of a pair of pants and shirt.
    Thrusting his feet into his boots, he stumbles to the door, casting an embarassed and worried glance back at his companions. He works his way downstairs to hopefully intercept Mia.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The wolf relaxes a lot as one of the wolf-men actually heals him. Maybe they don't want to kill him after all...

He gives the grey-furred wolfman a thankful lick on his hand. He feels slightly silly about it but.. he also feels like that is the righ thing to do in this situation.

When Lisaa mentions the 'Evil Bunny' he can't help but ask "(Evil bunny ? So bunnies are evil and wolves are good now ? When did that happen ?)"

His ears perk up for a moment when he hears the sounds of a horse from outside.

"(More of your kind ?)"

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-05-20 at 01:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #803

Lisaa

Lisaa looks out of the window. She puts the arrow back into the quiver and the bow on the ground. Then she changes back into an elf and puts her stockings and boots on again. "She's a friend. As for the evil bunny ... well, that's priviliged information. But no need to worry, most bunnys are still nice."

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The wolf looks astonished as the female were turns back into an elf woman "(You.. are an elf ? But i though only humans could become werewolves ?)"

Lycar

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia enters the building just as Bronsk comes down the stairs to meet her. When she sees him, her face breaks into a great smile. "Bronsk! How did it go. Have you found the werewolf?"

26. - Top - End - #806

Lisaa

The elf shakes her head. "No, silly. Lycanthropy isn't limited to humans. Elves can get it, halflings, dwarves ... you name it. I even met a hobgoblin werewolf not long ago."
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-05-20 at 04:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Mia enters the building just as Bronsk comes down the stairs to meet her. When she sees him, her face breaks into a great smile. "Bronsk! How did it go. Have you found the werewolf?"
    Bronsk scratches his head. "Well...yes and no. We found the werewolf, but we think...he should not be killed? Not until we can talk to him more. There iz...um." Bronsk seems to be fumbling for a word. "Iz like reason that something happens. It explains something? Erm."

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl curses in irritation. Quick you idiot, turn back into the form of a human. Hopefully, Bronsk can convince her we didn't find anything, and you're just another guy, not a monster. Tyrgen, you take human form too.

(Yeah, the colours... I started off using dark blue, but Maryring uses that for everything, so I changed to purple, but you use that... I'll try red.)

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"(Yeah, about that.... i have tried to change back since i got back to my senses... but i don't know how to do it !)"

Lycar

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn! Karl holds a hand to his forehead, thinking. Well, you just kind of imagine yourself as a man. And it happens. It's pretty simple, if you're a natural werewolf. He looks at the wolf again. Have you been recently bitten or clawed by a werewolf? Or what looked like a normal wolf?