New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

"What do you mean?" Mia scratches her head in confusion. "I didn't want you to kill him if it wasn't necessary. After all, I could just heal him of his curse. At least, that's what I hoped I could do. I don't approve of unnecessary bloodshed. But tell me what has happened then at least."

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"(No.. not at all.)" The wolf furows his brow as if concentrating. This oddly makes the stripes of darker fur on his forehead contract into something that looks a bit like an upside-down peace-symbol.

Then the change begins. Muzzle and tail shorten and disappear, likewise does the fur. Paws change into hands and feet respectivly. His eyes stay the same brown they were in wolf form though.

Sitting on the ground now is a young human, approxiamtely in his teens. He still looks wary but seems to have regained some composure by now.

"Hey it worked.... uhm.. i better get dressed again .." he sais and reaches for the clothes/leather armour.

Lycar

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

Lisaa picks up her bow and leaves the room to welcome Mia downstairs. "Hello Mia, we've found a werewolf here. He is wounded, frightened and confused, but also peaceful."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

What I'm trying to work out, you see, says Karl, is whether you have been afflicted with the curse from birth, and it's just manifested itself today, or if you recently caught it from a werewolf attack. The former condition is incurable, but I think there are things that can be done to cure the latter.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia nods. "I hoped so. It means that it probably isn't too late to heal him easily if this is his first change. Can you take me to him?"

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy_G View Post
    What I'm trying to work out, you see, says Karl, is whether you have been afflicted with the curse from birth, and it's just manifested itself today, or if you recently caught it from a werewolf attack. The former condition is incurable, but I think there are things that can be done to cure the latter.
    The teen listens to Karl as he struggles to get into his clothes. Maybe he is still nervous or just a bit of a klutz. Or maybe both.

"He, i have been bitten by dogs, cats and rats. And some rabbit that we tried to steal, but it got away. But i'm kinda sure there was no werewolf. Unless a werewolf can look like a mutt too. And live with the butchers family in the same house."

He frowns as he mulls over Karls words and finally asks: "So why didn't you get yourself healed then ?"

Lycar

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Because I didn't catch it, replies Karl with a sigh. When it's an inherited disease, you can't do much about it without extremely powerful magic, which I certainly can't afford.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"That bad ? Does that mean im going to turn on each full moon now and kill people ? Or .. well... uhnm.. if it Is that bad... why not.. uh... jump from someplace real high ? Would that work ?"

Lycar

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl sits down next to the boy. Look, not everything you think you know about Werewolves is true. Was there a Full Moon in the middle of the day today? I don't think so. I suspect that means you are a True Lycanthrope, someone who has inherited the curse. That means you transform at will, and keep your mind while transformed. The first time it happens can be disconcerting, and combined with your anger, explains what happened. But you won't be going on a massacre any time soon... he grabs the boy's shoulder. Or at least you better not, or you'll be soon a corpse, understand?

10. - Top - End - #820

Lisaa

"Yes, he is upstairs with Karl and Tyrgen. How is the surviving guard ? And how is did the city guard react to the slaughter ?", says Lisaa.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy_G View Post
    he grabs the boy's shoulder. Or at least you better not, or you'll be soon a corpse, understand?
    The boy recoils a bit.

"Yes yes, i get it, sheesh... i don't intend to go any rampage anytime soon. I mean... damn, i still have to look after the others. Oh hell, what if they did see me.... they'll never... oh no...."

Turning a bit whiter then he already is, he wipes at his mouth, his hand coming back reddish with blood. He stares at it for a moment, then beginns to frantically rub at his mouth to make the blood go away.

"Oh no.. nononono.. this can't be happening..."

Lycar

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

"I haven't told the guard yet. I delivered him to a temple of Iris so that he could get proper treatment, and I told them what had happened. They appeared to be frightened, but I reassured them that I would work to ensure that no body else would be a victim. It seemed to calm them down, and they would bring news to the city guard. I then borrowed a horse and tried to follow you, but I didn't find a suitable trail. Luckily I remembered the relics you still have in your possession, so I used some of the magic granted me by Iris to locate you." She smiles. "Although it appears that you are doing just fine without me." Mia walks towards the stairs. "May I go up and speak with him?

Spoiler
    Show
    It's true. Nina never asked for the objects, and none of you specified that you returned them so... those items are still in your possession.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Argh! Karl waves his arms frantically. Don't freak out! He squints, and chants, flickering his fingers. The blood disappears from the boy's face.

(Cast Prestidigitation, then using the cleaning function)

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Okay, okay, i've got it, i've got it.. im calm.. calm, yes... calm."

The boy is still pretty upset, but he seems to have himself under control. At least for now.

Sitting there, white-faced and wide-eyed, it is hard to guess what is goin on inside of him.

"Okay... right.. so you.. are werewolves yourself ? And you all inherited your curse ? So ... what is it you do then ? You fancy yourself like some... guards ? Out to hunt down the bad wolves ? I mean, don't get me wrong, im sure im very lucky that you found me first but... uh... what now ?"

Lycar

15. - Top - End - #825

Lisaa

"Of course, I hope that you can help him."
    , says Lisaa and motions towards the stairs and then follows Mia.

"Oh oh, maybe the hour of truth is drawing near. How will Mia react when she learns that we are all irremediable werewolves ..."

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl shrugs. I don't know. We know, or rather the elf and the man who went downstairs know, a priestess. If you've caught the infection from somewhere, she might be able to cure it. Otherwise... I'm not sure.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk passes a hand before his brow.
    "Of course. Let's go up."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia walks up the stairs to the room where Karl and Tyrgen are waiting with the child. She nods to both of them, before she approaches the child. "Hey there." She says with a gentle voice. "Are you all right? How do you feel?" She asks, trying to be as calming as possible.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The boy looks up at the woman entering the room, still scared, but he keeps himself calm.

"Are you the priestess ? I guess im okay. Well, as okay as can be .. still got a bump on my head and a hole in my belly. But i think im not bleeding any more."

He seems to avoid the matter of the people he killed on purpose. Maybe he is not that okay after all.

Lycar

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see..." Mia answers quietly as she places a hand on the head of the boy. "May I please see if there is a way for me to remove your curse for you?" She says, as a feeling of peace and calmness flow out from her in an attempt to soothe the boy.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The boy looks up at the priestess uncertainly.

"Uh.. sure..."

Lycar

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you." She places both hands on the boy's head and whispers gentle words of prayer to link her mind with the young werewolf's state of being. Her face gets an intense, focused look and sweat appears on her brow before she finally opens her eyes again with a start. "I... there's no way for a mortal like me to remove your lycanthropy. It is a part of your very being... I'm sorry."

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The boy looks at Mia curiously as she does her .. examination.

"So.. that does mean its inherited then ? But.. that would mean--- hey wait a moment.... you .. priestess ? Do you travell a lot ? No wait.... don't tell me... i think i heard about you. Isis... yes, i think i remember now, Janice told me about you.. you are that travelling priestess of Isis, yes ?"

Lycar

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl just looks confused.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia laughs gently. "Travelling priestess? It's true that I rarely stay in one place for long, but I wouldn't call myself a traveller. She nods to the boy."Although, yes that might be me."

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"He okay. Thanks for trying to cure me, but of not for that.... condition, i won't be alive anymore. Maybe that is one disease that is more lethal to others... *sigh* okay look, im not happy about what happened, not at all. But i don't regret offing the bastard who tried to kill me after i surrendered. The others... i can't make them alive again, no matter what."

He looks up at the priestess "But what will become of my friends ? Without me, they will be easy prey for the other gangs !"

Lycar

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia nods. "No... and I found them too late to save those you had already killed... Regardless of your friends... you can't return to the city. The guard who survived will be able to recognize you. I'm sorry, but if you're going to have any hope if living, you will have to leave the city. As for your friends... hmm." Mia bites her lip. "I can't promise anything although... I'll see what I can do. I might be able to summon a guardian that can protect them. Perhaps if Bronsk helps me..." She turns to the healer. "You have ties to the natural world, right?"

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young healer nods, stroking his mustache nervously.
    "Yes, but only with the spirits; most animals would ignore me just like hyu."

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia nods. "The spirit world is what I was hoping you had contact with. If you'll help me find a spirit that can watch over his friends, I'd be very grateful. The spirits won't listen to me, but hopefully they will listen to you."

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk coughs nervously. "I could ask. But... hyu must see, not all spirits is powerful, and few who are so generous. I will ask, but I may have to bargain. I don't know what they will ask."

He makes his way downstairs and takes a seat on the turf. He reaches into a pouch on his oddly-bulky belt and removes a few carved bones and a small stone wolf, which he arranges with some care about himself. Closing his eyes he begins to chant.

After a moment, his breathing slows as he enters his trance.

Spoiler
    Show

Vakri...are you there? Mia is asking for the spirits to protect a few human city children. I thought Xe'ls or T'akaya might help, but I don't know if they would for free.