New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Karl scratches his head. I have no idea what is going on here.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The boy watches with great interest.

"You want to ask spirits for help ? Is there anything i can do to help ?"

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-05-24 at 09:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

"I know, but it is the only thing I can think of that won't arouse suspicion." Mia says as she follows Bronsk down. While Bronsk prepares and enters his trance, Mia sits in the stairs, praying silently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bronsk's meeting with the spirits will be through PM's. It might be moved to the crystal ball later. Just so you guys don't worry too much if there is a minor drought of posting here.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk opens his eyes and allows a satisfied smile to rest upon his face. Uncrossing his legs, he gathers up his tokens and rises to his feet. To Mia, he says
    "Well...They agreed. Two spirits, Xe'ls and T'ayaka, agreed to watch the children for a little while, but there iz a cost; they must have with them a small carving of a crow and a wolf, and later, a shrine must be constructed to the spirits. Mostly to Xe'ls and T'ayaka, but..."He waves a hand. "Iz not bad cost, yes?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia smiles. No, not at all. Well done Bronsk. I knew you'd be able to help." She stands up and dusts of her gown. "Well, I suppose we should return to the city then." She begins to walk towards the door, when she suddenly turns around. "But then again... we originally came here to find the relic left behind from Mia. You've found five but... I don't think that any of them are the relic we are searching." She tilts her head. "And isn't this the old home of Michelle?"

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The boy looks between Bronsk and Mia, seeming very excited.

"You did it ? You got some... spirits to help us ? Oh this is great ! Okay, so what do we have to do build a shrine ? Sure, we can do that... i guess.... how do we do that ?"

"And erm.... ehats with those relics you're talking about ?"

Lycar

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk smiles and shrugs. "That part may come a little later. The shrine need not be expensive, but it should a be permanent place. Possibly a clearing with a few stumps and a carved tree. Now," he rubs his hands together, "For the relics; they are left by an old hero named Ami Michelle. We think they are the key to a riddle that leads to a great and important secret. I think I will be able to convince you it iz important a bit later, maybe." He paces around the room. "We should look for them in the house."

[[Take 20 on a search for 21]]

8. - Top - End - #848
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"Right, since we are again here in Ami's cottage we should search for this stone and other hidden things. Karl, can you use some of your magic to help us ?" Lisaa begins to search in the room.

((Search Take 20 for 28))
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl nods. Indeed I can. He mutters, and stares at one side of the room for about 20 seconds. Then he shifts to another quadrant, and does the same again, and continues until, from the centre of the room, he has scanned the whole house in 90 degree arcs.

(Casting detect magic, concentrating all 3 rounds, then if he doesn't find anything moving to the next 90 degree arc and doing so again, 4 spells in total if he doesn't find anything faster.)

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Uhm.. what exactly are you looking for ? I mean, what do these relics looks like you want ? Heh, too bad Janice isn't here, she really has a knack for finding stuff. Especially stuff she's not supposed to find."

When the party finishes searching and finds the hole and the inscription, the boy remarks "Well, if you can't read this, maybe just write the letters down. Maybe that crazy old guy in the museum can make something of it."

Lycar

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Straightening up with a grunt from the inscription, Bronsk nods his assent to the young man's suggestion. "Maybe! Perhaps Ami should look too; she iz historian. Good idea...er." Bronsk's face freezes and he coughs in an embarrassed fashion.
    "I've just realized; I never asked hyu name. All this...werewolves and slaughter and spirits and mysteries I..." He catches himself and addresses the man with a stiff though practiced bow.
    "Bronsk Siefsson iz my name. I come from the lands of Miklaar as a healer, but it seems my link with the spirits iz more demanded here."

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The boy grins at the large man "Hi Bronsk, i'm Varek. Nice to meet you. So you from up north then ?"

Turning to the others he asks "And you are... ?"

Lycar

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl, replies the mage curtly.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I am Lisaa", says the elf with a nod. "Mia, can you decipher this inscription ?"
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia takes a single look at the inscriptions before she shakes her head. "Unfortunately no. I can't read this language and I have no magic that could help me dechiper it."

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk turns his attention back to the hole in the wall.
    "Thiz hole...It tickles my memory. I was thinking of something said earlier, that Ami left behind a coin that is a piece of the door's puzzle." he turns to Karl.
    "I saw hyu make light earlier. Do you still have that spell? I want to see if anything iz in this hole."

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

Having finished searching for magic, Karl nods at Bronsk's request. I can. I should tell you, I didn't find any magic at all in the house. It could be shielded of course, but that's unlikely. He mutters and waves his hand, and it starts to glow. Then he reaches up and puts it near the hole.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

The light reveals nothing inside the hole, but it also shows that the hole must have been made, because of how smooth the surface is. In addition, there is not a single trace of dust inside the hole.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk thinks carefully, his face a knot of mustache and concentration.
    "The rabbit thief said, that she was using the relics to solve the location of a gem in thiz house. Perhaps we should do the same. If we could move the relics to thiz other table here?" Bronsk motions with a hand at a mostly-empty table.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek walks over, curiously, to get a look at those 'artifacts' everybody is so excited about.

Lycar

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen introduces himself to young Varek before he places the five magical artifacts on the table. The Mirror, The Sword, the Staff, the Cup and the Coin all glow with a faint blue aura of energy. "Do you have an idea Bronsk?" Tyrgen asks him hopefully.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk nods.
    "A...feeling, more." He reaches over and picks up the coin, examining it. With a kind of mental shrug, he steps over to the hole in the wall and carefully tries to put the coin inside.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

The coin slides in with a click, and the glow from the coin immediately fades. Instead, it gets a much darker colour, as if all light has been drained from it.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Frowning. Bronsk thinks about what else he's seen around the house.
    "Hey...We can't read the language written on the wall, but maybe we look at it wrong?" His voice rises with excitement as he speaks. He reaches onto the table and picks up the mirror, and almost dashes up the stairs to where he earlier had found the writing. Tilting the mirror just so, he tries to read the lettering in the reflection.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Through the Mirror, the inscription on the wall suddenly makes sense. It seems to be some sort of poem.

As the morning dew slowly falls into the stream, so too do the eye eventually fall into a deep sleep.
    Will you remember me when that time comes?
    Or will the love we shared wither like a dead lilly?
    With a cupped hand, a drop of the nectar falls on the eye, and it opens once more.
    Watching and waiting, it observes the path of travelling,
    and at each bend and turn, at every crossroad we take the road less travelled.
    But when the dark night falls, and the eye close and will not see,
    the path will be gone.
    But I believe. Our strength will shine the light on our eye from our left hand,
    and the truth guides our hand from the right.
    And that it will be, that when the teary wet eye finally see the light,
    our pain, our journey, our struggles and our sorrows will finally be over.

In loving memory of a dear friend.

Michelle Ami.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek meanwhile takes a closer look at the fabled artifacts. The sword, the staff.... weapons. The cup however... whats with the cup ?

Lycar

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

Well done Bronsk! Karl crows in delight, and peers at the reflected poem. Oh... it's just a poem written for some dead person.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk smiles exultantly as the writing comes into some readable form. He reads it once, listens to what Karl says, and then reads it again, scratching his stubbled chin thoughtfully.
    "I don't know...I think it is more than that. Unless your language has symbolism I do not know, thiz eye and nectar and hands; Does it not sound like a riddle?" he smiles to himself. "We know that Ami was fond of puzzles and riddles, yes? A simple poem need not be hidden so carefully; it must be important."

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl frowns. I didn't know she liked riddles... you are right, a memorial inscription wouldn't be guarded by magic like this. And since it can only be read through the use of the mirror, it must have something to do with the artefacts. But how is it connected? Could it be instructions to open the door perhaps?

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young Miklar laughs.
    "We should be so lucky! There iz many more keys to be found before the door may be opened! Each of the Nijinzuishou had a key of his own, and hid them! I think if we are lucky and clever, we may find one today."