New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1381
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Karl thinks carefully, and turns to Bronsk. Bronsk, where was that gate in the mountains you told me about? he asks the shaman quietly. The one that you said could only be opened by the relics, or something?

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Here is a spellcraft and Knowledge (Arcana) check. If I can only use one, count the spellcraft.
    spellcraft - (d20+8)[22]
    knowledge arcana - (d20+7)[12]

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    "Er, it was near Sapphire Port. But it iz not these relics that will open the door..." he shakes his head. "No, it iz the keys left by Ami and her friends. I think we are close to Ami's key now, and a great spirit has told me, that her key can help uz find the rest!"
    He pauses, and scratches his shaggy hair.
    "Actually, that iz good question." he addresses the statue, "Where can be found the keys of the other Ninjinzuishou?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

"One is in the northern cold. One in the mountains of might. One in the deserts of scorching sand. One in the deep green forest. One in a home in the land of fields. One in the swamps of brutality. The final held in the deepest of darkness, where the darkness of death sleeps." She answers enigmatically.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl scratches his chin. Right, well this is my question, mrs magical statue. What's so special about what's beyond this door that it has to have such complicated security?

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

"The door hides away an entire passage of history. The legacy of the werecreatures. The reason they were created, and their creator."

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl nods. Well, that sounds like something worth knowing... as a scholar interested in such things, he adds hurriedly, his eyes flicking towards Mia.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk nods. "I could have told hyu that. The great spirit told me thiz in a vision!" Bronsk looks around once more at the otherworldly landscape.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

The statue does not pay any attention to Bronsk and Karl discussing. Instead, she turns her focus to Tyrgen, or rather, the bag of cloth that he carries. Seemingly out of nowhere, she answers "You may return to your true form through several means. The change into a rabbit may be dispelled by magic, or by repenting for your misuse of the relics. You may also return to your true form by gazing on the mirror when it is held by someone willing to remove the change from you."

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek looks at Tyrgen "Huh ? Is that that rabbit-woman-thief you told me about ? And you have been lugging her around in that sack all the time ?"

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah. I figured it'd be a bad idea to leave her behind alone... and I was curious, so I came along too."

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"Gleipne is the creator of werecreatures ...", says Lisaa suddenly, speaking her thoughts. She then adresses the statue. "Is this ... no, how are this door, Ami and the Nijizuishou connected to all those other strange events ? Like the daughters of the queen of Nephreitos, the powers of the Vanadis of Miklagard, and all those people seeing werecreatures recently ?"
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-08-31 at 06:33 PM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

What? says Karl suddenly, what's this about Her Majesty's daughter's?

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

"That... can not be possible." The statue answers after a short silence. "The immortal queen of Nephreitos can never give birth to a child. The curse of immortality made her sterile. To the rest... I do not know the answer. I am merely an image, and not the true embodiment of destiny, thus my knowledge is too limited. When Michelle Ami created me, the Vanadis was skilled, but not more skilled than any Vanadis before her. And the sightings of werecreatures may be accounted to the number of werecreatures increasing. I am sorry that I could not answer your question."

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek just listens quietly to the exchange, frowning. This is all really going over his head. Werebeasts, princesses, weird magics.... and of course the little detail of himself being a werewolf. And knowing about it since.. oh.. 1 hour ? 2 ?

To think of a question to ask, when his turn comes up.. yes, yes there is something he would really really want to know. But.. the others... they are on a quest or something. Will they allow him to aski his question ? Or will they demand he uses his question to help them in their quest ?

They seem to be nice enough but... well.. they are total strangers after all. Back with his gang, he would have been a respected member. Here, he feels like... well, like the runt of the litter. And he certainly didn't forget Karl's threat.

But the others seem buisy enough for the moment, so he may have a few more seconds to think about it.

Lycar

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen looks around at the others present. He seems a bit uneasy, but finally, he states his question. "Well... my question may not be as grand as the others but... is my mother still alive?"

The statue looks at Tyrgen with a motherly smile. "Yes... yes she is."

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek listens to Tyrgens question and the answer he receives. And makes up his mind.

"I have a question myself then. What can you tell me about my parents ? All i know is that i grew up an orphan. I never knew them. But heh- they kinda have to be werewolves too, don't they ? Or at least, have been. Please, tell me all you can." he asks, with a pleading voice.

Lycar

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your parents..." The statue turns towards Varek and seems lost in deep thought. "Your mother was a thief. She was orphaned at a young age and had to struggle to survive, just like you. Your father was an opportunitist, travelling across the nation, working one month here, the next month there. This lead him to eventually try his luck in the capital of Sotonia, and it was there he met your mother. How they met, I do not know, but they fell in love, and that love gave birth to you. Unfortunately, your parents could not afford a child. Despite how hard your father worked, he could not earn enough, thus your mother had to begin stealing again. She was not as quick as she used to be however, and one day she was caught... The statue looks deeply into Vareks eyes. "I'm sorry, but I believe that you would rather keep this to yourself." The ribbon flowing around the body of the statue stretches out and touches Varek gently. The touch lasts only a few seconds before the ribbon returns. The statue then turns to Mia. "Now priestess, you are the only one with a question left. What do you wish to ask me?"

Mia opens her mouth to speak, but she remains silent for a few more seconds before she answers. "Can you tell me why... no." She sighs. "As much as I want... I can't ask you that. Can you give me the key Michelle Ami has hidden in this realm? Or at least tell us how I can get it?"

The statue smiles gently at Mia. "Do not worry priestess. I am sure that you will find the answer to your first question one day, though I do not know the answer. As for the key." The statue folds her hands before she opens them up, revealing the key inside. "I have it here, but it is currently powerless. To give it the power to unlock your lock, the power hidden in these five relics has to be transfered into it. In order to transfer the power in the relics, you will have to answer a riddle. Shaman, you will have to answer the riddle of the mirror. Priestess, your riddle is the riddle of the sword. Child, you must answer the cup. Sorcerer, the coin is yours. And finally, huntress you must solve the staffs riddle. Answer wrong and the power in the relics will create a malevolent spirit which will attack you. Are you ready to try?"

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl has been standing, open-mouthed and shocked for several moments.
    They're not really her daughters? he mutters.
    Hearing about these riddles, he steps forward. Are we allowed to help each other with the riddles?

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, you may help one another. But only the one who got the riddle may state the answer. If you state the answer of someone elses riddle, your own relic will interpret that as your answer, and since no riddle has the same answer, the answer would be wrong and the malevolent spirit will manifest itself."

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk steps forward. "I am ready."

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek stands still for a while, as if stunned by whatever the spirit revealed to him.

Then, he nods slowly, an almost timid smile on his face.

"Thank you."

Falling silent again, he turns to watch Bronsk.

Lycar

23. - Top - End - #1223

Lisaa

"Ask the riddle then", says Lisaa.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Yes", says Varek, "Ask the riddle."

(I just hope i can answer that riddle. How does one fight a spirit ?)

Lycar

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very well then." The relics spread out and begin floating above the heads of the five who are to answer the riddle.

The Mirror, floating above Bronsks, asks this.
    "I am shunned by the fake, feared by the oppressor. I spread light in darkness, and knowledge where confusion is the lord. My opposite tricks and deceives. What am I?"

The sword, floating above Mia, asks this. "My being is virtuous, my cause is good and my dream is pure, yet my deeds are difficult. I am even, I am patient, I am wise and I am tolerant. Without compassion, I would be brutal. Without insight, I would be shallow. What am I?"

The cup, floating above Varek, asks this. "I am equally sought by prince and by pauper. I am eternal, nothing can break me, for I am the most powerful of all. What am I?"

The coin, floating above Karl, asks this. "The deaf hears me. The blind sees me. The rich fears me. The poor has me. What am I?"

The staff, floating above Lisaa, asks this. "Like a fire, I burn. I overcome the weakness of spirit, and I cleanse the mind of confusion and doubt. I am will, I am strength, but above all that, what am I?"

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk smiles warmly and closes his eyes.
    "What can it be but Truth?" he asks, looking up at the statue. "Truth it iz that banishes lies, brings knowing, and opposes deceit."

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek ponders the riddle(s).

(Hm yes.. Bronk's riddle sounds like it means truth. and Mia's ... justice ? Maybe... Lisaa's.. faith maybe. Huh, have heard of faithful people. Don't know any doubt. Doesn't mean they're right though. Karl's riddle doesn't make any sense to me... my riddle.... hrm.. what could it be... should have something to do with compassion then. But not compassion itself. But what.... love maybe ?)

Varek is almost about to announce that he want's to announce his answer (or what he thinks is his answer). But then shuts up as Bronsk announces his answer.

Would be bad enough to have to fight one malicious spirit... two would be worse.

Lycar

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

"Correct." The statue answers gently, as the essence of the mirror flows into the key.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-09-05 at 04:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing, says Karl confidently.

30. - Top - End - #1230

Lisaa

"Courage.", says Lisaa confidently.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-09-05 at 11:34 AM.

Spoiler
    Show