New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Quote Originally Posted by Baltabarin View Post
    Oh Hello!
    Italian veteran gamer here, nice to meet you all!
    Hello! Nice to meet you too!

Peelee’s Lotsey

2. - Top - End - #632
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

amused Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hi! My name is Katie. I currently am participating in a 3.5 homebrew campaign as a wood elf ranger. I love to rp on forums as well as on tabletop and consoles. Looking for buddies to rp with =] Feel free to message me!

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Azazel View Post
    Hi! My name is Katie. I currently am participating in a 3.5 homebrew campaign as a wood elf ranger. I love to rp on forums as well as on tabletop and consoles. Looking for buddies to rp with =] Feel free to message me!
    Hello, Katie! How is your campaign going?

Peelee’s Lotsey

4. - Top - End - #634
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey all. I've actually been a long-time reader of OotS, and used to frequent these boards before dropping off the face of the earth for a few years. Everything is so...different

Anyhow, looks like it is still the great community that I enjoyed being a part of, and it's good to be back.

Cheers!
    -Raven Starver

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStarver View Post
    Hey all. I've actually been a long-time reader of OotS, and used to frequent these boards before dropping off the face of the earth for a few years. Everything is so...different

Anyhow, looks like it is still the great community that I enjoyed being a part of, and it's good to be back.

Cheers!
    -Raven Starver
    So many NEW PEOPLE! Welcome (back)!
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Pixie in the Playground

My first post!
    Actually, I think Giant in the playground the best D&D forum. EVER.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ACULA View Post
    My first post!
    Actually, I think Giant in the playground the best D&D forum. EVER.
    Welcome, ACULA! May you make many more posts! Thanks for the high praise!

Peelee’s Lotsey

8. - Top - End - #638
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

cool Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Evening all!

New to OOTS, however I have caught up on the entire story during a massive, obsessive, month-long reading frenzy, just purchased & read all 4 books + the two prequels, and cannot wait for book 5. (The problem with this massive overdose is that now I have to somehow cut back to the pace of the new episodes appearing online... AARGH!!!) On the other hand, I am by no means new to the gaming world, having been a player & DM since the original "Boxed First Edition" days, so reading OOTS is just like seeing my party's adventures brought to life (only way cooler of course).

At this point I can only rightly compare waiting for the rest of the Order's tale, to the suspense I felt waiting for the end of Stephen King's Dark Tower saga. I only hope Rich isn't out walking in any areas where reckless minivan drivers are about to run him down.

So, there's my introduction, and we'll find out in weeks to come if I have anything of value to say or not. Let's hope the answer is "yes".
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

9. - Top - End - #639
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Paul View Post
    Evening all!

New to OOTS, however I have caught up on the entire story during a massive, obsessive, month-long reading frenzy, just purchased & read all 4 books + the two prequels, and cannot wait for book 5. (The problem with this massive overdose is that now I have to somehow cut back to the pace of the new episodes appearing online... AARGH!!!) On the other hand, I am by no means new to the gaming world, having been a player & DM since the original "Boxed First Edition" days, so reading OOTS is just like seeing my party's adventures brought to life (only way cooler of course).

At this point I can only rightly compare waiting for the rest of the Order's tale, to the suspense I felt waiting for the end of Stephen King's Dark Tower saga. I only hope Rich isn't out walking in any areas where reckless minivan drivers are about to run him down.

So, there's my introduction, and we'll find out in weeks to come if I have anything of value to say or not. Let's hope the answer is "yes".
    Hello, Darth Paul! Isn't a lot of fun to go on an archive binge like that? Have you read Snip, Snails, ans Dragon Tails? I hope so too!

Peelee’s Lotsey

10. - Top - End - #640

Hello chaps! I'm new to the forum, there there, and I've been playing (or trying to) Pathfinder since 2012. However, none of my IRL friends play either D&D 3.5 (which I am also familiar with). Or any Tabletop RPG at all.

I've done stuff on Roll20, sure, of which none lasted more than a week, but really? My experience is limited (read: close to none).

Now I've known of GTITP for quite a long time, starting from 2012 end-ish, when I came to learn of Order of the Stick, and I've been pulled back here several times for the hilarious antics of the D&D Funnies, and of course, BRC, whose rep goes beyond this forum.

So, I'll just say, I'm into a combination of true roleplay and rollplay, so I'll just... walk over there... while the AD&D chaps come and yell at me about how Pathfinder is just "homerules D&D 3.5".

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TachyonBlade View Post
    Hello chaps! I'm new to the forum, there there, and I've been playing (or trying to) Pathfinder since 2012. However, none of my IRL friends play either D&D 3.5 (which I am also familiar with). Or any Tabletop RPG at all.

I've done stuff on Roll20, sure, of which none lasted more than a week, but really? My experience is limited (read: close to none).

Now I've known of GTITP for quite a long time, starting from 2012 end-ish, when I came to learn of Order of the Stick, and I've been pulled back here several times for the hilarious antics of the D&D Funnies, and of course, BRC, whose rep goes beyond this forum.

So, I'll just say, I'm into a combination of true roleplay and rollplay, so I'll just... walk over there... while the AD&D chaps come and yell at me about how Pathfinder is just "homerules D&D 3.5".
    Hello there, Tachyon Blade! Glad you decided to make an account here, at last! Have fun!

Peelee’s Lotsey

12. - Top - End - #642

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    Hello there, Tachyon Blade! Glad you decided to make an account here, at last! Have fun!
    Thank you for the reception!

13. - Top - End - #643
    Firbolg in the Playground

Welcome Tachyon

14. - Top - End - #644
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

'Allo chommers.
    Pleasure to meet the lot of you.

I go by Mr BreaksIt and I am an incredibly, unbelievably lazy Australian feller who thinks he's English.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr BreaksIt View Post
    'Allo chommers.
    Pleasure to meet the lot of you.

I go by Mr BreaksIt and I am an incredibly, unbelievably lazy Australian feller who thinks he's English.
    Hello there, Mr BreaksIt! Welcome to the forums and enjoy!

Peelee’s Lotsey

16. - Top - End - #646

AssassinGuy

Welcome Tachyon and BreaksIt; thank you for the welcome Jaxzan, that is the one book I have not read, but soon... very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

17. - Top - End - #647
    Pixie in the Playground

So I guess I should be sociable and all that good stuff and say hello.

I am a relatively new player to 3.5 (couple months) and my highly addictive personality for power gaming has brought me to this site a number of times, so I decided to join. Looking forward to further distractions from life and late nights reading obscure books to find the right build.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PapaEmeritusII View Post
    So I guess I should be sociable and all that good stuff and say hello.

I am a relatively new player to 3.5 (couple months) and my highly addictive personality for power gaming has brought me to this site a number of times, so I decided to join. Looking forward to further distractions from life and late nights reading obscure books to find the right build.
    Be prepared, for the new edition will come soon!

Anyway, welcome aboard to our new ex lurker, PapaEmeritusII !
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

19. - Top - End - #649

MonkGuy

I have sinned, before this esteemed assembly.

While I might be forgiven for focusing on my personal life, I did it at the cost of people depending on me to keep the games running smooth. I have left the forums for a while, with no warning or even a PM.

To Hircine, Wafflelord, Hazuki and several others, I cannot apologize enough.

I return now for my love of RPGs is great, but I come humble and on my knees, penitent and wishing for a second chance.

I am the 18th Avenger. And I wish to come back.
    I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.
    - Shane "Footsteps" Falco

I like my action the way I like my juice; Pulpy!

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 18th Avenger View Post
    I have sinned, before this esteemed assembly.

While I might be forgiven for focusing on my personal life, I did it at the cost of people depending on me to keep the games running smooth. I have left the forums for a while, with no warning or even a PM.

To Hircine, Wafflelord, Hazuki and several others, I cannot apologize enough.

I return now for my love of RPGs is great, but I come humble and on my knees, penitent and wishing for a second chance.

I am the 18th Avenger. And I wish to come back.
    Welcome back, 18th Avenger. While I do not personally know the breadth of your sins, I judge that by the presence of your apology, you have repented. Welcome once more to the Playground!

Peelee’s Lotsey

21. - Top - End - #651

Hello Playgrounders. Penguin Paladin here. I've been lurking around these forums for about a year now I guess. I finally decided to make an account. Better late than never I guess.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Paladin View Post
    Hello Playgrounders. Penguin Paladin here. I've been lurking around these forums for about a year now I guess. I finally decided to make an account. Better late than never I guess.
    Hello, Penguin Paladin! Glad you decided to make an account over here! See you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

23. - Top - End - #653

Hello, Penguin Paladin! Glad you decided to make an account over here! See you around!
    Well it certainly is nice to receive such a warm welcome. I hope to see you around as well.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello everyone. I'm a huge fan of Order of the Stick (I have all the books), and have been lurking for years. I read through the entire archives up to 635 in one day when I first discovered the strip. I suppose it's about time I got an account and talked to people on the boards. I also enjoy the media discussion and gaming boards. I'm looking forward to actually using the board. Yes, I know it says I joined in April, but this is my first post.
    Last edited by Avian Overlord; 2014-06-11 at 01:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Avian Overlord View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm a huge fan of Order of the Stick (I have all the books), and have been lurking for years. I read through the entire archives up to 635 in one day when I first discovered the strip. I suppose it's about time I got an account and talked to people on the boards. I also enjoy the media discussion and gaming boards. I'm looking forward to actually using the board. Yes, I know it says I joined in April, but this is my first post.
    Welcome, Avian Overlord! You've been reading for a while; certainly much longer than I have! I hope you continue to post in the future!

Peelee’s Lotsey

26. - Top - End - #656
    Dwarf in the Playground

Welcome, Avian Overlord! You've been reading for a while; certainly much longer than I have! I hope you continue to post in the future!
    Thanks for the warm welcome. And I certainly intend to keep posting!

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

smile Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hello. Hi. I'm new here. I hope to get to know everyone who posts regularly on the forums.
    On another note, as you can see, my avatar is a paladin guy who looks like the friendly neighbor, which means I'm Lawful Good. (The nice kind). And while I generally don't mind conversing with those considered to be "chaotic" or "evil" aligned, if such a person were to commit atrocities against the innocent I WILL SMITE THEM!!!!!
    Thank you.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Grave View Post
    Hello. Hi. I'm new here. I hope to get to know everyone who posts regularly on the forums.
    On another note, as you can see, my avatar is a paladin guy who looks like the friendly neighbor, which means I'm Lawful Good. (The nice kind). And while I generally don't mind conversing with those considered to be "chaotic" or "evil" aligned, if such a person were to commit atrocities against the innocent I WILL SMITE THEM!!!!!
    Thank you.
    Hello there, Sir Grave! You won't find many atrocities here, I promise you!

Peelee’s Lotsey

29. - Top - End - #659
    Troll in the Playground

Hello there, Sir Grave! You won't find many atrocities here, I promise you!
    Awesome! thanks for the welcome!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

redface Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hello everyone!!

I just finished reading the entire published strip online today (I started this past weekend on a recommendation from a friend). I can't believe I didn't know about something so good for so long! And the smilies on this board are all so cute!

It's nice to meet all of you!
    Judging a person does not definite who they are......it defines who you are.