New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

'Ello I'm a long time reader of the comic and sometimes reader of the forum also a mate of Ku even snuck into the meetup in Newcastle (Ku's fault he brought me)

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomvid View Post
    'Ello I'm a long time reader of the comic and sometimes reader of the forum also a mate of Ku even snuck into the meetup in Newcastle (Ku's fault he brought me)
    Hello and Welcome! To Gitp.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomvid View Post
    Hello there, Gnomvid! Glad you decided to finally participate in the awesomeness that goes on here! Hopefully, I'll see you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

4. - Top - End - #694
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Salutations, I just signed up. I always seem to be reading the forums on this site and have often been frustrated at my inability to engage in discussions. So when I had a question about invisible weapons and could find no previous discussions for it I decided the time had come. This actually my first time operating on any forum whatsoever. I feel that I must admit in advance that I tend to be longwinded. Sorry, I am already ranting. I will try to restrain myself in the future.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Orc in the Playground

Welcome!
    --Ron--
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums

6. - Top - End - #696
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Hello from Chicago.

Hello everyone,

My name is Marcel and I will hoping to play a PbP D&D Next campaign (perhaps the new Tyranny of Dragons story arc?!) starting in July. I'm very new to this approach but am excited to focus not only on the gaming mechanics but also the ability to write fantasy narrative as well.

Spoiler: Testing Spolier
    Show
    Just trying to see how this spoiler mechanic works on this site.

Spoiler: DIce Roll Test - Invisible Castle
    Show
    <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4544424/">1d20+4=10</a>

Spoiler: Dice Roll
    Show
    [roll=Test]#4544437[/roll]

1d20-1=3, 1d20-1=6
    Last edited by Arjen the Red; 2014-06-22 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Just testing the spoiler feature and web dice roll formatting

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Hello from Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjen the Red View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is Marcel and I will hoping to play a PbP D&D Next campaign (perhaps the new Tyranny of Dragons story arc?!) starting in July. I'm very new to this approach but am excited to focus not only on the gaming mechanics but also the ability to write fantasy narrative as well.

Spoiler: Testing Spolier
    Show
    Just trying to see how this spoiler mechanic works on this site.
    Hello, Marcel, and Welcome to our lovely playground. I'm sure you'll be delighted with whatever campaign you find!

Peelee’s Lotsey

8. - Top - End - #698
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Hello from Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    Hello, Marcel, and Welcome to our lovely playground. I'm sure you'll be delighted with whatever campaign you find!
    Thank you Jaxzan. I'm impressed with the level of detail people are putting into this forum.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hihi! Read the comic for a really long time and stumbled upon the forums here. Such a friendly community based on some observations, I'll probably stay quite active.
    Hihi. I'm new.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

'Lo, all, long time lurker here finally getting around to making an account. Time to give a bit back to the forums that've fueled my escapes from creative dryspots in my own campaigns. :D

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    Hihi! Read the comic for a really long time and stumbled upon the forums here. Such a friendly community based on some observations, I'll probably stay quite active.
    Hello, Caffeine! Long-time fan, I see. Thanks, I hope to see you around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Animated_Tomato View Post
    'Lo, all, long time lurker here finally getting around to making an account. Time to give a bit back to the forums that've fueled my escapes from creative dryspots in my own campaigns. :D
    Hello there, Animated_Tomato! I'm glad you want to contribute around here! Enjoy your time here!

Peelee’s Lotsey

12. - Top - End - #702
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hey how's it going everyone, i'm new here to the forums but I've been reading the OOTS comics for so long and I just decided to make an account ahaha
    "Too be forgotten is far worse than death"

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by harsh_toke View Post
    Hey how's it going everyone, i'm new here to the forums but I've been reading the OOTS comics for so long and I just decided to make an account ahaha
    Welcome, harsh_toke! Glad you decided to join up after reading the comics for so long! I hope you have a good time here!

Peelee’s Lotsey

14. - Top - End - #704
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hello Forumites (Giants? Stickies?)!

I've been reading OotS for a few years and I was impressed by how often the forum comes up when you're searching for answers to RPG related questions online so I thought I'd pop in officially and say hello, wave, make a nuisance of myself etc.

British 30-something tech-geek here, currently playing in a 2nd Ed. campaign as a human Cleric, a Fading Suns campaign as a human Engineer and a Werewolf campaign as... Well, I can't really remember as I've only played 1 session and the terms are a little... New. I've got an Exalted campaign on hiatus with an eclipse caste and a 3.5Ed. campaign in which I played a Warforged Sohei which sadly seems to have been broken up by relationship collapse.

Let's see what happens shall we?
    There are three schools of magic. One: State a tautology, then ring the changes on its corollaries; that's philosophy. Two: Record many facts. Try to find a pattern. Then make a wrong guess at the next fact; that's science. Three: Be aware that you live in a malevolent Universe controlled by Murphy's Law, sometimes offset by Brewster's Factor; that's engineering.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hexapuma View Post
    Hello Forumites (Giants? Stickies?)!

I've been reading OotS for a few years and I was impressed by how often the forum comes up when you're searching for answers to RPG related questions online so I thought I'd pop in officially and say hello, wave, make a nuisance of myself etc.

British 30-something tech-geek here, currently playing in a 2nd Ed. campaign as a human Cleric, a Fading Suns campaign as a human Engineer and a Werewolf campaign as... Well, I can't really remember as I've only played 1 session and the terms are a little... New. I've got an Exalted campaign on hiatus with an eclipse caste and a 3.5Ed. campaign in which I played a Warforged Sohei which sadly seems to have been broken up by relationship collapse.

Let's see what happens shall we?
    Hello, Hexapuma! Welcome to our beautiful playground! I hope you have fun contributing and participating here!

Peelee’s Lotsey

16. - Top - End - #706
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Greetings! Been lurking here a long time, and I'll probably keep lurking. But i figured I'd make an account, so as to subscribe to threads and maybe join in the iron chef or zinc saucier competitions some time.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hola everyone. Longtime reader here but I finally decided to make an account for the forums and see what I can contribute.

Im a Computer Science University student, who is currently running some mates through the Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder Adventure Path. Its all of them's first time playing a full campaign, some of them's first time playing at all, so that's been alot of fun to do. Im also quite a book nerd. Ive managed to finish the Wheel of Time series, Dragonlance (Almost all of them at this point), Tolkien and some Sanderson as well.

All in all I think ill fit in alright here.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hey guys, im brand new to this stuff but really interested PM me if you want me to play :)

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kilphead View Post
    Greetings! Been lurking here a long time, and I'll probably keep lurking. But i figured I'd make an account, so as to subscribe to threads and maybe join in the iron chef or zinc saucier competitions some time.
    Welcome, kilphead! From what I've seen of those contests, you are almost guaranteed to have lots of fun! I hope you participate elsewhere too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenlo View Post
    Hola everyone. Longtime reader here but I finally decided to make an account for the forums and see what I can contribute.

Im a Computer Science University student, who is currently running some mates through the Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder Adventure Path. Its all of them's first time playing a full campaign, some of them's first time playing at all, so that's been alot of fun to do. Im also quite a book nerd. Ive managed to finish the Wheel of Time series, Dragonlance (Almost all of them at this point), Tolkien and some Sanderson as well.

All in all I think ill fit in alright here.
    Hello, Lenlo! Those are some good books you've read there! I think you'll fit in great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanftw1 View Post
    Hey guys, im brand new to this stuff but really interested PM me if you want me to play :)
    Hey there, Nathanftw1! Have fun in our wonderful playground!

Peelee’s Lotsey

20. - Top - End - #710
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Heyllo Giants and friends!!! I am both a player and a DM for D&D 3.5 and often finding myself reading these here forums for advice or help and decided to join up to maybe pass on the little that I know and to learn form the many more experienced player on this forum!!

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnngrimm View Post
    Heyllo Giants and friends!!! I am both a player and a DM for D&D 3.5 and often finding myself reading these here forums for advice or help and decided to join up to maybe pass on the little that I know and to learn form the many more experienced player on this forum!!
    Hello and Welcome, Johnngrimm! I'm glad these forums have been so helpful for you, and I hope that you will contribute plenty. See you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

22. - Top - End - #712
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

biggrin Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hello everyone!

I've been playing RPGs (particularly D&D 3.5) since my husband introduced me to them seven years ago. I play with him and his family, and I ran a Japanese-themed game for a number of years. This has been on hiatus since I started studying for my accountancy qualifications a few years ago, however, as this has swallowed up the time I used to use to prepare.

I stumbled upon the OOTS comic a month ago, and read them all up to the current ones in less than a week. They're brilliant!

Since my studying is coming to an end now, it has inspired me to start putting together a game again. The articles and forums here have already been invaluable, as I like to run 3.5 in a homebrew setting.

My only gripe about RPGs is that I'm the only one in the group who has the staying power to run more that a couple of games, so I never get to play!

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by countess View Post
    Hello everyone!

I've been playing RPGs (particularly D&D 3.5) since my husband introduced me to them seven years ago. I play with him and his family, and I ran a Japanese-themed game for a number of years. This has been on hiatus since I started studying for my accountancy qualifications a few years ago, however, as this has swallowed up the time I used to use to prepare.

I stumbled upon the OOTS comic a month ago, and read them all up to the current ones in less than a week. They're brilliant!

Since my studying is coming to an end now, it has inspired me to start putting together a game again. The articles and forums here have already been invaluable, as I like to run 3.5 in a homebrew setting.

My only gripe about RPGs is that I'm the only one in the group who has the staying power to run more that a couple of games, so I never get to play!
    Hello, countess! I know, it's such a great series! I'm glad this site has been helping you! Enjoy your time here!

Peelee’s Lotsey

24. - Top - End - #714
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

greetings from jellystone me ameegos

i am a three headed jelly bear cerberus from the lands of custard

i come here for the giant tit

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by babaGAReeb View Post
    greetings from jellystone me ameegos

i am a three headed jelly bear cerberus from the lands of custard
    Awww, a sweet tooth puppy. Thog hug you!

(welcome aboard babaGAReeb )
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

26. - Top - End - #716

Welcome :D

27. - Top - End - #717
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hello! I just joined and i'm pretty excited. This is the first time i've ever posted anything on the internet. I am a longtime reader of OOTS, but i just started playing 3.5 edition dnd ( i get so many jokes that i didn't before), which was what prompted me to join the forum. I wish everyone well!

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_foo View Post
    Hello! I just joined and i'm pretty excited. This is the first time i've ever posted anything on the internet. I am a longtime reader of OOTS, but i just started playing 3.5 edition dnd ( i get so many jokes that i didn't before), which was what prompted me to join the forum. I wish everyone well!
    Hello, Falcon_foo! I'm glad you're so excited! Was it OOTS that inspired you to begin playing D&D? Thanks for the well-wishings! I hope I see you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

29. - Top - End - #719
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Actually my friend got me into it. Also, how do you do that thing where someone else's post appears inside of your's? Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_foo View Post
    Actually my friend got me into it. Also, how do you do that thing where someone else's post appears inside of your's? Thanks!
    In the lower right-hand corner of someone's post, click on "reply with quote" instead of the "reply to thread" button, and your post should begin with what was in that post. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Jaxzan Proditor; 2014-06-29 at 08:17 PM.

Peelee’s Lotsey