New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hello Everybody !!!

2. - Top - End - #842
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hello Everyone, had signed up a while back :). Dropped by today to say hello:).

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lisakelly View Post
    Hello Everybody !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilborine View Post
    Hello Everyone, had signed up a while back :). Dropped by today to say hello:).
    Welcome, both of you! Glad you stopped by to say hello! See you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Hello everyone and just wanted to introduce myself here. Been reading this great webcomic since strip 631 if I remember correctly. And first learn about this webcomic because of a guest strip from the 8-Bit Theater webcomic which was great too and have been reading here every since then as well.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Time View Post
    Hello everyone and just wanted to introduce myself here. Been reading this great webcomic since strip 631 if I remember correctly. And first learn about this webcomic because of a guest strip from the 8-Bit Theater webcomic which was great too and have been reading here every since then as well.
    Hello, Emperor Time! Thanks for introducing yourself! Wow, you are a long-time fan! I hope to see you in the forums!

Peelee’s Lotsey

6. - Top - End - #846
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Hiya honey

"Hey! Rocket boots are cheating!"

7. - Top - End - #847
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hello everyone, just joined today. Kinda new here, so hopefully I don't make mistakes on my part.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EnderBorn View Post
    Hello everyone, just joined today. Kinda new here, so hopefully I don't make mistakes on my part.
    Hello, EnderBorn! Welcome to our wonderful forums! I'm sure you will do fine, but don't sweat it if you make a mistake; we all do from time to time!

Peelee’s Lotsey

9. - Top - End - #849
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello, all !

It means alot to me to have found a forum for fellow tabletoppers.
    I know that in my years, I've always come across some problems that just...
    couldn't be answered by a peek in the players handbook. Glad you've all got some
    expertise i can look to.

Looking forward to some foruming! Roll initiatives!
    "Is screaming at it a free action?"

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyed Words View Post
    Hello, all !

couldn't be answered by a peek in the players handbook. Glad you've all got some
    expertise i can look to.

Hello, Honeyed Words! I'm glad you came across these forums! I hope we can answer any of your questions! See you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

11. - Top - End - #851
    Pixie in the Playground

Long time Lurker here, just failed a Resist the Fun check.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tao_Matte_No View Post
    Long time Lurker here, just failed a Resist the Fun check.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    Hello, Tao_Matte_No! I'm glad you failed the check and decided to join the fun! I look forward to getting to know you as well!

Peelee’s Lotsey

13. - Top - End - #853
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyed Words View Post
    Hello, all !

expertise i can look to.

Welcome, Honeyed Words! And may I say, I love both your handle and your signature quote.
    A few weeks ago in our gaming group our GM ruled that freaking out was a free action.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hello all. I've mostly joined to keep an eye on some of the 40krpg threads, but I may yet join in.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Hello! My name is Ugg and I am an Orc Monk! I like Butterflies and My god Ust!!!

Lol hi, If you are wondering Ugg is my favorite Character that I ever roleplayed as. I will most likely post like he would have talked in some of the less serious posts because well he is comedy gold!
    If you want to know how he came to be well i will tell you the story. As Ugg of corse :D!

"I was out hunting for things to eat when i saw a pretty little butterfly. I wanted to catch it an make it my pet. My last one died while i was playing with it :(. I ran to go get it but i didn't want to hurt it so i was going to wait till it went to go sniff a little flower. It flew for a loooonng time and landed on a flower on the side of a cliff. I started to climb to go get it but each time i got close it flew higher! I finally got to the top and the butterfly was gone :(. But there was a old human standing in front of me. My brother said to smash humans but he seemed nice and i like his shinny head! He asked me what i was doing and i told him i was trying to make the pretty butterfly my pet. He looked at me wired and i asked him if he has seen the butterfly. He said no but he could teach me how to make one! I was so excited! I asked the man to teach me now. He didn't teach me just made me do stuff for him and he keep telling me "be patient" I didn't want to be patient! I WANTED TO BE UGG! He said thats not what he ment but i that i had to wait to make the butterfly. Then one day I was i was punching the wooden people and the old human told me to think really hard about a butterfly and started saying words i couldn't understand. Then out of nothing a butterfly started flying around me. I did it!!! I made a butterfly! I was so happy I gave it a hug! Then i got scared cus thats how my last pet died! I let go fast but he was right there still ok! I was so happy and the old human seemed happy too. He asked me to stay but i told him i couldn't because i had to go learn how to fight. He told me he could teach me how to fight and he would make sure nothing would happen to my new little buddy. So i decided i would stay and learn how to fight from the old human. He can punch hard and run really fast and told me he would teach me everything he knows!

Well thats the story of how Ugg became a monk. lol I hope you enjoyed and if you want to know more about Ugg tell me and i might make a post telling you his whole story!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Decessor View Post
    Hello all. I've mostly joined to keep an eye on some of the 40krpg threads, but I may yet join in.
    Welcome aboard, Decessor!
    as you probably already know, we usually have 2 WK40k threads in the "gaming (Others)" section (one for the tabletop and one for the fluff), but there are periods when the media section is invaded by Vs threads involving 40k factions.

Anyway, in the end you'll be food for the Great Devourer.
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 2014-08-05 at 03:14 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hello, everybody! New guy here, just thought id say hello and introduce myself!

P.S. Out of curiosity, is it possible to change ones avatar

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Time-Breaker View Post
    Hello, everybody! New guy here, just thought id say hello and introduce myself!

P.S. Out of curiosity, is it possible to change ones avatar
    Hello, Time-Breaker! Thanks for saying hello!

It is possible. Go to the top of the page and click on "Settings". On that page, scroll down to the tool bar that says "My Settings" and click on "General Settings". On that page, you will see a list of things you can change, including your avatar (under the Miscellaneous section). Hope that helps!

Peelee’s Lotsey

19. - Top - End - #859
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ugg The Orc Mok View Post
    Hello! My name is Ugg and I am an Orc Monk! I like Butterflies and My god Ust!!!
    Hello, Ugg, And welcome to the playground!

I like your story very much. I would like to get to know Ugg better!

20. - Top - End - #860
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Onwards!

Greetings and Salutations! This one comes to this thread to say 'hi' and all that In all seriousness, I've been reading the comic for a few years and I feel it's time to join the community.

Looking forward to having a great time here!

21. - Top - End - #861
    Orc in the Playground

Welcome trop1co and everyone!
    --Ron--
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums

22. - Top - End - #862
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Greetings all. I go by Archon, but I thought it would be fun to be the Archon in the Playground.

I just wanted to say a quick hello here and give a little information about me. (Yes, this is my idea of "little". My email updates to my D&D group have become a bit of an ongoing jest)

I discovered GitP from researching different questions I had about D&D 4E since I am 1st-time DM'n a campaign at the request of some friends. We have had 4 epic sessions thus far (1 session per month b/c my 5 PCs live 2 hours away from me, so one 12 hour session per month) but I would like to thank all the people who have put tons of good info onto those forums. If anyone is interested, I would love to give more info on the campaign I am hosting, but I am not sure where the best place to do that would be.

The reason I created an account here was that I am considering joining one of the Play-by-Post rpg groups. I am new to PbP & these forums, but I have read some of the content in the ongoing games and it looks like so much fun that I want to get involved. That said, I may wait a month before joining a group because I will be out of town for 9 days in the upcoming month, and I don't want to burden a great group with an empty seat for that long. I am most interested in probably joining a Star Wars Saga Edition group. I saw there was one ongoing and one currently in recruitment. I don't have a ton of knowledge of the Star Wars Universe (well, not of the Old Republic at least) but I have read ~50 or so books from the expanded universe. But I bought a hardcopy of the SW SE rulebook a couple years back because it looked like so much fun, but I have never used it.

My RPG experience has been a mix of D&D 3.5 and D&D 4E.

I see that most/all the players there are using myth-weavers (at least for character sheets), so I may need to check that out and create an account there too.

I read through the forum rules and like the very "tight ship" that has been setup here. My only question regarding that is if a role-playing group within a PbP wanted to allow their characters to curse, is that still completely and explicity forbidden on this site?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you all on the boards!

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Archonitp View Post
    Greetings all. I go by Archon, but I thought it would be fun to be the Archon in the Playground.

I just wanted to say a quick hello here and give a little information about me. (Yes, this is my idea of "little". My email updates to my D&D group have become a bit of an ongoing jest)

I discovered GitP from researching different questions I had about D&D 4E since I am 1st-time DM'n a campaign at the request of some friends. We have had 4 epic sessions thus far (1 session per month b/c my 5 PCs live 2 hours away from me, so one 12 hour session per month) but I would like to thank all the people who have put tons of good info onto those forums. If anyone is interested, I would love to give more info on the campaign I am hosting, but I am not sure where the best place to do that would be.

The reason I created an account here was that I am considering joining one of the Play-by-Post rpg groups. I am new to PbP & these forums, but I have read some of the content in the ongoing games and it looks like so much fun that I want to get involved. That said, I may wait a month before joining a group because I will be out of town for 9 days in the upcoming month, and I don't want to burden a great group with an empty seat for that long. I am most interested in probably joining a Star Wars Saga Edition group. I saw there was one ongoing and one currently in recruitment. I don't have a ton of knowledge of the Star Wars Universe (well, not of the Old Republic at least) but I have read ~50 or so books from the expanded universe. But I bought a hardcopy of the SW SE rulebook a couple years back because it looked like so much fun, but I have never used it.

My RPG experience has been a mix of D&D 3.5 and D&D 4E.

I see that most/all the players there are using myth-weavers (at least for character sheets), so I may need to check that out and create an account there too.

I read through the forum rules and like the very "tight ship" that has been setup here. My only question regarding that is if a role-playing group within a PbP wanted to allow their characters to curse, is that still completely and explicity forbidden on this site?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you all on the boards!
    Hello, Archon! I think you have the longest greeting so far; thanks for writing so much! I hope that this website continues to help you with games and that you will find a good pbp game!

With regards to your question: in general swearing is not prohibited on this site, just censored, but you should not have posts that are filled with profanity. For pbp games, you would probably be fine.

Peelee’s Lotsey

24. - Top - End - #864
    Pixie in the Playground

Long time forum-lurker and comic-reader, decided to sign up to talk about homebrew and campaign design, which are two of my favorite threads. Experienced with 3.5 and Pathfinder and really good at getting my party members hurt. :)

25. - Top - End - #865
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tintenseher View Post
    Long time forum-lurker and comic-reader, decided to sign up to talk about homebrew and campaign design, which are two of my favorite threads. Experienced with 3.5 and Pathfinder and really good at getting my party members hurt. :)
    Hey there, Tintenseher! I'm glad you decided to join the forums! I hope you will participate often! See you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

26. - Top - End - #866
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello... I'm kinda new here. And I suppose I should post here first...

27. - Top - End - #867
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Salutations! I'm rather new to this game as a whole, and have been using this site as a way to get my bearings. Are there any other newish players that would consider finding a DM and starting a new player campaign?

*edit* There is now a new player game in the works! Link posted below

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...earn-the-ropes
    Last edited by squidpope; 2014-08-08 at 04:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post
    Hello... I'm kinda new here. And I suppose I should post here first...
    Hello, Apprentice! Thanks for posting here!
    Quote Originally Posted by squidpope View Post
    Salutations! I'm rather new to this game as a whole, and have been using this site as a way to get my bearings. Are there any other newish players that would consider finding a DM and starting a new player campaign?
    Welcome, squidpope! I'm glad this site has helped you! If you want to find players, I believe there are parts of the pbp forums for recruitment.
    Last edited by Jaxzan Proditor; 2014-08-08 at 02:56 PM.

Peelee’s Lotsey

29. - Top - End - #869
    Pixie in the Playground

*waves to everyone in the thread*

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialsapien View Post
    *waves to everyone in the thread*
    *waves back*

Hello, Celestialsapien! Welcome to the forums!

Peelee’s Lotsey