New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Wow this seems awkard.. Well then...
    Hello everyone! I've been a player and a DM in D&D 3.5 for five years, and a fan of the comic since two. I joined to talk about the game and hopefully to find good ideas for the campaign i'm running (a heavily modified version of Age of Worms for epic levels).

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by William of Oz View Post
    Wow this seems awkard.. Well then...
    Hello everyone! I've been a player and a DM in D&D 3.5 for five years, and a fan of the comic since two. I joined to talk about the game and hopefully to find good ideas for the campaign i'm running (a heavily modified version of Age of Worms for epic levels).
    Hello, William of Oz! There are plenty of places to talk about D&D and OOTS on here! I hope to see you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hello GitP!

I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and have been a long-time lurker, reader of OotS, and player/DM of 3.5 D&D. I decided to finally join the forum.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Pixie in the Playground

Basically the same here as The Great Wyrm, only I don't live in Minnesota.

Also, my username was originally going to be Anthelion Illusionist, but that was too long. Icebows are cool too, I guess. Even if the name does sound like rainbow.
    Last edited by IcebowIllusion; 2014-10-04 at 07:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Wyrm View Post
    Hello GitP!

I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and have been a long-time lurker, reader of OotS, and player/DM of 3.5 D&D. I decided to finally join the forum.
    Howdy neighbor! I'm northeast of St. Paul in Little Canada! Welcome to the forums!.

Quote Originally Posted by IcebowIllusion:18208664
    Basically the same here as The Great Wyrm, only I don't live in Minnesota.

Also, my username was originally going to be Anthelion Illusionist, but that was too long. Icebows are cool too, I guess. Even if the name does sound like rainbow.
    Welcome to you, as well, AnthelionIcebowIllusionist.
    I'm not being sarcastic. Speaking big and blue is just my thing.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello giantipers!

I'm from argentina! I've been a MMORPG player for the last 16 years now (i'm 24... i started when i was 8... yeah i know :P) and love to RP, it's easier in single player games though.

Anyway! I'm quite new to D&D and since its hard to find people here to play with I mainly theoricraft, eating all the books and manuals I can find. I even made and posted my first homebrew class :D

Atm I'm playing with some friends, but... barely roling anything, it's mostly combat. It's a bit different knowing the rules than applying them so i guess this is good practice for the maths part (and I'm partially thankful since I know my friends are HORRIBLE actors).

I'll start reading the forgotten realms novels soon, let's hope that gives me a hint on how to roleplay properly. I love getting in my character.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Pixie in the Playground

Greetings, fellow fantasy role-players! I've been Googling lots of D&D-related things and it often lead me here so I figured it would be a good place to get inputs from other players.
    I would call myself a D&D 3.5 veteran, first pen-and-paper RPG I've ever played and I'm still playing it.

As you can see, yes, I live in Canada so please refrain from the usual Canadian stereotypes, I won't apologize if somone wrongs me in any way. :)

Anyway, I registered so I could learn more about D&D, I've played for nearly a decade but I don't consider myself a D&D guru, I don't plan my characters like others would (or I plan them very loosely).

Well, I don't have much to say beside "Hello, everyone!", so, there. :)

@Zaetar: The forgotten Realms novels are great, I highly suggests R.A. Salvatore's Legend of Drizzt series and the War of the Spider Queen series. :)

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hi Zaetar, and Joker116.

If it weren't against the forum rules, I'd give you a lengthy and hearty greeting in Spanish, Zaetar. I used to live in Venado Tuerto, Santa Fe, and in Paso de los Libres, Corrientes! Welcome to GitP. You might try heading over to the DnD forums and getting involved in an online game.

Joker116, I agree with your book recommendations as a place to start. And after Drizzt, Salvatore's Cleric Quintet would be an excellent place to go as well. Also, there are many ways to create a character. Our DM once suggested we not plan anything beyond gender, and just take attribute rolls as we encountered situations requiring them. We then decided what class best fit the resulting character as he or she developed. Very interesting way to play!

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Orc in the Playground

smile Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hello, all,

I've browsed these forums for a year or two now and I just decided to sign up, see how it goes. Options for roleplaying groups are a bit limited where I live so I'm hoping to get in on a forum game or two around here. I might also mess around in the artwork forum a bit as well. :)

I've been gravitating towards lighter RPGs like Dungeon World recently, but I'd still play Pathfinder or D&D if I had a good group to play with.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello, long time listener but first time caller. Living in California now but move frequently.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Pixie in the Playground

Seems I have to say hello every time I want to post. Awkward. This probably only happens on a mobile device.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illogictree View Post
    Hello, all,

I've browsed these forums for a year or two now and I just decided to sign up, see how it goes. Options for roleplaying groups are a bit limited where I live so I'm hoping to get in on a forum game or two around here. I might also mess around in the artwork forum a bit as well. :)

I've been gravitating towards lighter RPGs like Dungeon World recently, but I'd still play Pathfinder or D&D if I had a good group to play with.
    Hey there, Illogictree! Thanks for deciding to join! I hope you find a good group on here, and get a chance to do some art!
    Quote Originally Posted by dradamh View Post
    Hello, long time listener but first time caller. Living in California now but move frequently.
    Welcome, dradamh! Thanks for delurking!

Peelee’s Lotsey

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Hey all! Someone on reddit recommended I come here, looking for online games (preferably over Skype or something similar).

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyOgre254 View Post
    Hey all! Someone on reddit recommended I come here, looking for online games (preferably over Skype or something similar).
    Welcome!

We have a whole subforum dedicated to that right over here. I recommend you browse through it a bit and read the stickies to get a feel of how it works. I don't play very many PbP's myself, so the best thing I can do is point you in that direction.

I think this thread should help you out: Guide to Play by Post Games.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow, I thought I joined this forum to lurk years ago, but it turns out I was just a faceless, anonymous ghost. But now I'm not! I'm starting a Pathfinder game with some online friends and have been cruising through the forums here looking for general information (I've never played Pathfinder, just 3.5 and older versions of D&D), and figured I'd stop by the 'Hello' thread.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Venaf View Post
    Wow, I thought I joined this forum to lurk years ago, but it turns out I was just a faceless, anonymous ghost. But now I'm not! I'm starting a Pathfinder game with some online friends and have been cruising through the forums here looking for general information (I've never played Pathfinder, just 3.5 and older versions of D&D), and figured I'd stop by the 'Hello' thread.
    So pleased you stopped by! Hello and welcome. Glad you found a face and shed your anonymity.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Greetings!
    I've been hovering this forum back and forth, and finally took the time to register. Very nice.
    I DM and mainly look for tips and tricks to make the gaming sessions even more enchanting :)

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    Greetings!
    I've been hovering this forum back and forth, and finally took the time to register. Very nice.
    I DM and mainly look for tips and tricks to make the gaming sessions even more enchanting :)
    Welcome to the playground, Fresh! I'm glad you decided to join! You'll find plenty of tips here!

Peelee’s Lotsey

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Hi, I've been stalking to playground for a couple years off and on for information. I'm fairly new to the role of DM'ing, but I've always enjoyed D&D. Hope to make some friends, and get some really dumb questions answered. :D

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Hello together,

I discovered OotS recently and I fell in Love with it. I am born and living in Germany and I hope, that my english is good enough for this forum. I am interested in all Forms of Fictions. I have the most Experience with Animes, but I also want to learn more about western TV-Series, because I know only the most popular Stuff in that Regard. I hope we have Fun and and a nice Time together.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

A new user is approaching!

I used to read OoTS a while ago but kind of lost track of it, or forgot about it. One of those two. Anyway, after repeatedly failing to gather friends for more than a single session I decided to come here and make a shot at the community. I'll have you know I am completely clueless and watching me try to understand everything will likely be hilarious.

I like to think I'm friendly.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyussu View Post
    Hi, I've been stalking to playground for a couple years off and on for information. I'm fairly new to the role of DM'ing, but I've always enjoyed D&D. Hope to make some friends, and get some really dumb questions answered. :D
    Hello, Cyussu! Thanks for ending your lurking days! I hope you accomplish both of those goals!
    Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    Hello together,

I discovered OotS recently and I fell in Love with it. I am born and living in Germany and I hope, that my english is good enough for this forum. I am interested in all Forms of Fictions. I have the most Experience with Animes, but I also want to learn more about western TV-Series, because I know only the most popular Stuff in that Regard. I hope we have Fun and and a nice Time together.
    Hello, AGD! Your English seems understandable enough, so I'm sure you'll fit in just fine. See you around!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLunchboxx View Post
    A new user is approaching!

I used to read OoTS a while ago but kind of lost track of it, or forgot about it. One of those two. Anyway, after repeatedly failing to gather friends for more than a single session I decided to come here and make a shot at the community. I'll have you know I am completely clueless and watching me try to understand everything will likely be hilarious.

I like to think I'm friendly.
    Hello, TheLunchboxx! This is definitely a good place to get some people together and play a game! See you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone,

First of all, I have to say, I'm not a native English speaker, so, don't be surprised too much if something I'm writing seems weird or anything, and feel free to correct me if you feel the need to...
    Currently I'm mostly interested in World Building and written fiction, however I'm also a seasoned CRPGs player and have some experience with D&D / FR rulebooks and novels.
    Hope that my staying on this forum would be both fun and mutually beneficial )

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by D2R View Post
    Hello everyone,

First of all, I have to say, I'm not a native English speaker, so, don't be surprised too much if something I'm writing seems weird or anything, and feel free to correct me if you feel the need to...
    Currently I'm mostly interested in World Building and written fiction, however I'm also a seasoned CRPGs player and have some experience with D&D / FR rulebooks and novels.
    Hope that my staying on this forum would be both fun and mutually beneficial )
    Hey there, D2R! Your English seems very good to me! I'm sure this forum will benefit you, and vice versa!

Peelee’s Lotsey

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hi, all. I cut my TTRPG teeth on D&D 3.0, a couple weeks before the group I joined moved their campaign to 3.5. We've drifted through a few systems (HERO, WoD, SWSE, Pathfinder) but are pretty happy now with 5th edition D&D; I never liked overly crunchy, granular systems and am happy to have a simpler alternative that everyone else is willing to play. I'm always looking for ideas for DMing because that's my lot in life; nobody else will do it even though I miss playing a PC sometimes.

I fairly recently discovered OotS and am really enjoying it.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Hi azoetia. I'm glad that your long journey through the various game systems, brought you to this site. Welcome aboard!
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hello Playground!

I started D&D 3.5 a year ago, and haven't looked back since!

My favourite character is a monk (called Monk!) who I optimise furiously, to keep up with the 2 sorcerers in the party (tough call, I know). I don't always manage, but a smattering of homebrewed fixes, a dipping of clerics, and a tub of flavourful role-playing makes him to fun to give up!

Love storytelling and listening to stories, so I'll be hanging around looking for interesting tales of all your D&D sessions.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Odin's Eyepatch View Post
    Hello Playground!

I started D&D 3.5 a year ago, and haven't looked back since!

My favourite character is a monk (called Monk!) who I optimise furiously, to keep up with the 2 sorcerers in the party (tough call, I know). I don't always manage, but a smattering of homebrewed fixes, a dipping of clerics, and a tub of flavourful role-playing makes him to fun to give up!

Love storytelling and listening to stories, so I'll be hanging around looking for interesting tales of all your D&D sessions.
    Hello, Odin's Eyepatch! That sounds like quite a challenge to optimize! I hope I see you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hey, Odin's Eyepatch, welcome! You might enjoy the thread "Campaign Quotes: No Context Edition." Check it out!

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Hello GiTP. I've lurked threads here for probably about a year now but now its time for me to officially join the fold. If you know me from other online sources, you'll know me as Hannibal (I know a few people that lurk here often enough that they might notice this). My main game is 3.5 but I'm hopeful for 5e.