New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Quote Originally Posted by Ridin'TheCrash View Post
    Hi guys! Im Ridin'TheCrash (Its a drummer pun, sorry) long time OOTS fan, But first time on forum
    Welcome! No need to worry about puns here. You'll get used to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Platycat View Post
    Hey, everyone. I've been lurking for a few years now, and finally decided that I should start an account. Maybe I'll even use the opportunity to participate. Who knows?

The future sure is unpredictable.

In any case, It's good to be a part of the community.
    Welcome! Participate at your leisure. There are no requirements.

It's great to see lurkers join!
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi there, everyone.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Hello there! I'm a new DM with a new group, playing 5e. Hope to see you all around!

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Pixie in the Playground

Good day to you all!

My name is Violin Tides, I am a DM of a 3.5 Forgotten Realms group that also has swapped into Eberron from time to time. I enjoy making up fun things for my players to experience while still having good continuity to my stories to piece them all together. Like so many threads in a Joss Whedon TV show, eventually it all becomes so very clear. We meet every week on Tuesdays.

I am also a player in 2 different 5e campaigns, both meet weekly. On Wednesdays, I am Krystalline, an Elf Wizard whose family came from a long line of Rangers (her sister is a ranger, her dad is a ranger) and so she tends to shoot her bow more than cast spells because her Wizardry is looked down upon in her family... and in the other group on Sundays, I am Kyleigh, a Eothrain (homebrew, basically Scottish Amazon) Human whose sole purpose is to seek knowledge and, unlike most Sages, she is on the front lines of battle; smiting down her foes with Cleric-y goodness that are in her way to seek every bit of information she can get her hands on!

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by violintides View Post
    Good day to you all!

My name is Violin Tides, I am a DM of a 3.5 Forgotten Realms group that also has swapped into Eberron from time to time. I enjoy making up fun things for my players to experience while still having good continuity to my stories to piece them all together. Like so many threads in a Joss Whedon TV show, eventually it all becomes so very clear. We meet every week on Tuesdays.

I am also a player in 2 different 5e campaigns, both meet weekly. On Wednesdays, I am Krystalline, an Elf Wizard whose family came from a long line of Rangers (her sister is a ranger, her dad is a ranger) and so she tends to shoot her bow more than cast spells because her Wizardry is looked down upon in her family... and in the other group on Sundays, I am Kyleigh, a Eothrain (homebrew, basically Scottish Amazon) Human whose sole purpose is to seek knowledge and, unlike most Sages, she is on the front lines of battle; smiting down her foes with Cleric-y goodness that are in her way to seek every bit of information she can get her hands on!
    Well, great to meet you! Seriously. You sound like a really awesome person.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hello, I've been reading OoTS for years, but only just visited the forum. Thought I'd make an account. I'm moving to Japan next week, but up to now I've lived in Western Washington the last few years. Good day everyone!

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by korvanos View Post
    Hello, I've been reading OoTS for years, but only just visited the forum. Thought I'd make an account. I'm moving to Japan next week, but up to now I've lived in Western Washington the last few years. Good day everyone!
    Great! But be careful. Not everyone thinks too highly of foreigners there.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Hello guys!!I started playing D&D just a few months ago and after a little research in the net I found that awesome forum!!!The stories and the help you give each other here is amazing!!Keep it up!!

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Orc in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Welcome Uthgar21 and korvanos and violintides and miner3203 and anyone else I missed!
    Welcome, I've found this place pretty welcoming to all (and I'm a, gasp, AD&D 1E player!)
    Seriously though, enjoy and have fun!
    --Ron--
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

d6 Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hey y'all!

New member here, joined last night but had a rare whim to sleep before going all in.

I've been playing for 11 years now, and started with 3.5e. I played 4e a bit, and I'm really loving 5e! I've tried my hand at DMing, and mostly played, but I'm on here to look for real DMing advice, probably for 3.5e because I have the source books.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeWallaby View Post
    Hey y'all!
    Welcome aboard, you'll find plenty of advices, and I hope also some fun...
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hello, my name is (*insert name), it is (*insert positive word) to meet you. I hope that my topics and/or posts will bring (*insert descriptive word of state of emotion) to everyone here at (*insert forum name).

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Orc in the Playground

Hello guys and gals! I've been a lover of tabletop games for many years now. My interests include 3.5, Pathfinder and Mutants and Masterminds (mainly 2e). Unfortunately my friends are not quite as nerdy as I am so I've been hunting down PbP games wherever I can find em. Hopefully I can jump in and join the GiTP family. :D

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Orc in the Playground

Hello everyone, you can call me Flaming Eagle, or Flame for short. I have been reading the comic for about 4+ years now, and my interest has not waned.

I know nothing about D&D, but I know a lot about webcomics, manga (preferably senien) and gaming (both Forum and Video).

I probably might not post much by next week (Architecture School), but I'll be sure to pop in every now and then... get to know everyone, and talk about webcomics!

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    I know nothing about D&D
    Be prepared for people to assume the opposite of this. Speaking from personal experience here.
    Aside from that though, there aren't many issues for us non-D&D folks on the rest of the forums.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Orc in the Playground

Hi!

I'm new! And things most people say in introductions! :B

I'm mostly here to take part in an Adeptus Eva game, but you never know. I could do more things here.

If only I could figure out how to avatar...

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I have always wanted to play a D&D game IRL... played one online as a dwarven wizard... before I developed a case of life...

Welcome MadMeave!

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Salutations one and all.

Time will rend this mask transparent, you may come to know my head and my heart, but, more likely, where I stand and where I fall but, before then, know this:

"It is ever a pleasure to meet you and may we cross paths again."

Hollow Mask

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Hey, I'm new here as well, looking forward to some nice discussion about Campign building, Character Builts, and the likes. I play 3.5 with a group since 2010 or so, we recently finished a campaign and now I am building a new one.

I need some help and advice in this thread over here, if you please! =)

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hi everyone, longtime reader of OotS but first time on the forums. Figured it's about time to start an account and hopefully give back to the comic and community here.

It's been (10+) years since I've played a tabletop RPG, but I'm interested in following some of the play-by-post games--I love a good twisty storyline. Might even be up for joining one (assuming life doesn't get in the way).

At any rate, cheers to all :)

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Halfling in the Playground

I guess since I just joined I should do something here. Umm, where should I start... I guess I found this place because of a co-worker. Started just reading OOTS (Order of the stick... not sure if it shortened to that or not. Did just start reading this week and am only at like entry 200 or so.). But anyway, I guess I actually joined because I like D&D... and my current group kinda feels like a rut, being new idea get drowned into combat and no roleplay. Kinda pointless after a while as it becomes a rolling dice game instead of me making a epic hero/villain to save/enslave/destroy everything and being able to play it. So part of me is thinking of joining in a possible game, though part of me wants to start with a few small ones (As in number of players, seeing as I tend to get scared away by large groups... even on forums.). I have done some roleplays on other sites, but nothing using a rules like D&D, more like just make a character up and see who god modes less...

Anyway... I guess thats enough about that. I guess I should say something about myself. I am attempted Writer, so another thing I hope to do with this, is to work on my writing skills. Make better dialogue mainly, as I seem to forget people talk even in stories.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Halfling in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Well even though I've been using this site for a long time I just saw I should say hello so... yeah. Hi.
    Here fot oots comics and the 1001+ ways to screw with your dm or party ;)
    So hello and enjoy rhe site.
    "If ever in doubt, roll sense motive (Or knowledge)"- Me

And also 78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Too many background ideas, too little characters

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, so many newcomers and no one to hug 'em all? Inconceivable!
    Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay.

P.S.: karinrin55, don't worry, salutations are welcome but are not mandatory.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Greetings! I come to this forum for one reason, and one reason only: Multiple reasons.
    Shenanigans aside, I found this forum because of how awesome the original comic is, and I plan to post things pertaining to subjects such as character ideas, homebrew races, etc.
    I hope I can have fun and surround myself with people who enjoy RPG's as much as I do.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by CoOkIisme View Post
    I plan to post things pertaining to subjects such as character ideas, homebrew races, etc.
    P.S. I have only played Pathfinder, so any 3.5 or such things will be lost on me.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

biggrin Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hello! I was drawn here by the SilverClawShift Campaign Archives, but eventually decided to make an account and stick around. I've played a few homebrew tabletop RPGs with friends, as well as some live-action VtM, and am looking to get into D&D - any advice on that, specifically pertaining to playing over the internet (but with friends who are all in the same timezone) would be much appreciated. Dear Lord, that was a long sentence. Anyway, as for me; I mostly play Paladin-archetype characters, the whole "holy warrior, bane of evil" archetype, but I'm interested in branching out into less physical-combat-oriented classes - Archivist comes to mind. I'm 17 years old, English, and (seeing as pretty much no one knows this at first glance), my name is roughly pronounced caw-shee-they.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey. I joined a bit after Casidhe, from the same source. We're good friends. Unlike Casidhe I don't have any IRL experience with DND and whilst I have been RPing overall since as early as 2004, it has not been to do with DND. Mostly because of a lack of IRL friends, confidence, money and time. (And, admittedly, interest, but since joining WoW ((World of Warcraft)) in 2010 and having these 'DND' style events, of which I have learned to DM to a minor degree, my interest has been perked to larger levels.) I know, I know, I'm typing like I'm about to bash a thesaurus, but I'm not familiar enough with the rules as of yet (neither the game's rules or forum rules, I apologise).

In terms of combat, I'm actually mostly versed in my characters fighting with a shield and one handed sword, or through animal forms. (Paladin and Feral/Guardian Druids on WoW, respectively). I do have some experience with 'lesser' healing and magics, but not a lot. The Lucky Bastard class looks really interesting, though stuff such as weapon types, best classes, builds, whatever, completely elude me at the moment. Eldritch Knight, Bards (Mind I completely lack musical talent IRL, and I'm not sure how I'd RP this, so I wonder if I could ever actually do this, lmao), and the Rogue classes are interesting classes I hope to play some day. Very likely online, and as Casidhe said, preferably with people operating in GMT.

I love puns and usually type more informally, and I'm a huge nuisance. Please love me.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hello everyone! I've been reading the comic and lurking in the forums for about a year and a half now, but I haven't had the courage to actually create an account and start posting until now.

After some interesting Pathfinder sessions, a few friends of mine convinced me to sign up to share their shenanigans, but I am looking forward to participating in the other parts of the community as well.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Wow! Look at all the new friends we have! So glad you screwed up your courage and joined us, Mittur. Casidhe, I think your name is lovely! Gaelic? One of my characters speaks Gaelic (but I don't - hah!) Grimdxrx, you will find lots of advice and models here, and probably a game to join as well. And CoOkIisme, you will definitely find other shenanigan lovers around here.

Welcome to you all!!
    Last edited by Neli42; 2015-01-20 at 04:25 PM.
    I'm not being sarcastic. Speaking big and blue is just my thing.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Neli42 View Post
    And CoOkIisme, you will definitely find other shenanigan lovers around here.
    Shenanigans are not my true passion, but they are definitely a hobby.