New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MagCave VII: Rest for the Wicked

[Monster Mash - Valente, Astrana, and Angie]

"It was nice to meet both of you as well." Angie says with a big smile. "You two have a good night."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [The Lime Room]

Riss gave Aequitus an odd look as she set the prototype armor on a work table. "...Why is that? Is there no form of prosthesis in your... I don't suppose you have much in the way of internal cybernetics, do you?" she asked as she began working on the leg as well. ...I really do need to make time to say hello to Charon again, now that I think of it. Actually, if the lore is right, then I could.. Wait, hold on girl. Focus on what's in front of you first.

A few other things aside from arms that shot and arms that grasped adorning the walls were models of apparently cybernetic neurons as well as what looked somewhat like a case to hold a spine and brain but was currently empty. Over all, strange decorations for a strange person. Still, at least by now she wasn't leaving the place completely devoid of any human existance.

Aequitus may spot a small, white hexagon that was about the size of a dinner plate scuttling around at this point. Of course, it was headed right to him so it was hard to miss, really. It seemed somewhat crablike in it's design although it appeared the small sensor array could raise up like a highly flexible periscope at will while an array of tools seemed to be incorporated on the side of each of four sticking out the top. It seemed to be chittering to itself for whatever reason as it observed the techno-paladin.
    The Lime Room

The Techno-Paladin shakes his head. "No, we relied on magic to possibly repair wounds, but even that was ineffective when a limb was removed completely unless it was under special circumstances. Any "common" circumstance would lead to irreparable damage that couldn't be reversed." He begins to explain, ignoring the white hexagon as he thinks of it as something of a small pet that she might keep around and probably built herself. "Take my wound for example. Even though a damaged spine doesn't mean destroyed legs, I was dying when I was discovered with the wound. The priest had a choice. Either he could let me die, or he could heal me as much as he can and forcing the body and soul to mend. Where I come from, the latter meant a scar formed on both." He points out as he gestures to his lower half. "I am of two souls in one body if it is easier to think of it that way. And the souls, while next to each other, are no longer connected. As such, there's no guarantee that any internal electrical or mechanics would work anyway. Only externals like my armor are guaranteed."

Brain Surgery

Even though Carl didn't reply via text, Sunny probably knew he'd show up here anyway. By the time the MagLimo returns, she and Magtok will see a bright red convertable sports car waiting there with both Carl and Luke waiting outside of it with the latter holding his father's hand. The halfling doesn't look too pleased, and is even armed with a rifle slung on his back, but he doesn't say anything yet, allowing someone else the first chance.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-11-25 at 12:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Reina Turning Tricks for Treats

Magtok briefly tenses at the mention of rabbits and top hats, before shaking his head. "Nothing impressive here. A Nexus celebrity impersonation or two, but I haven't really practiced it enough to be very good at it. Oh, and this one thing with a yo-yo, but that's mildly horrifying and I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it."

...A mildly horrifying yo-yo trick? How in the world do you scare someone with a yo-yo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Magtok Pimpin for dat Candy Corn Grill

"Oh, is it the one with two pheasants and a pile of frozen dung? I used to know someone who could do it, but when he tried to teach me I wound up putting someone's eye out so he wouldn't let me touch his yo-yo again." Well then, Misha is certainly full of half-remembered stories today.

"Don't suppose you could make two pheasants appear, could you? I've never seen that one fully completed before. We can freeze the punch to simulate the rest of it."

Candy Pimping

"Oh, uh, no not really. It's actually kinda random. Sometimes I make rattlesnakes show up instead, like the kind you'd find in a snake charmer's basket."

She glances over at Magtok, being reminded of something. "Oh yeah. Almost forgot, I can do this really incredible thing with a pineapple and Mag's yo-yo. Probably not, uh, the type of thing I should do at this party though. For the best really, I don't think anyone has a pineapple."

The worst part is, I totally intended to post something about the pineapple and yo-yo last time, then forgot when I actually made the post. Tis sad.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagCave Monster Mash - Nearly Over, Just Have to Summon the Sharks

Spoiler: Yo-Yo Shenanigans
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Magtok Pimpin for dat Candy Corn Grill

"Oh, is it the one with two pheasants and a pile of frozen dung? I used to know someone who could do it, but when he tried to teach me I wound up putting someone's eye out so he wouldn't let me touch his yo-yo again." Well then, Misha is certainly full of half-remembered stories today.

"Don't suppose you could make two pheasants appear, could you? I've never seen that one fully completed before. We can freeze the punch to simulate the rest of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Candy Pimping

"Oh, uh, no not really. It's actually kinda random. Sometimes I make rattlesnakes show up instead, like the kind you'd find in a snake charmer's basket."

She glances over at Magtok, being reminded of something. "Oh yeah. Almost forgot, I can do this really incredible thing with a pineapple and Mag's yo-yo. Probably not, uh, the type of thing I should do at this party though. For the best really, I don't think anyone has a pineapple."

The worst part is, I totally intended to post something about the pineapple and yo-yo last time, then forgot when I actually made the post. Tis sad.

"There should be a pineapple in storage somewhere, as part of a fruit hat, but I don't think you could use my yo-yo to do it. It'd be fairly impractical, given...well-"

Magtok finally decides to demonstrate, the palm of his right hand opening up to reveal a yo-yo of blood-soaked bone, with stringy yellow sinews acting as the string. He whips the thing down towards the floor, and then pulls it back up again into his palm. A few droplets of blood scatter across the floor at his feet, as this trick isn't the cleanest or most hygienic of stunts.

"Reina, you know how Happy's a shapeshifter? She lost her arms once, because of this thing with Draken. I found them later, and thought 'hey, wouldn't it be cool if I could do that thing she does?' so I took them and did some gene splicing. Going to unsplice it right out in a few days though, since she's not so deadtimed these days and I'd rather not things be awkward with me being almost sorta a cousin kinda, so I guess this would be a sort of last hurrah with the powers."

Magtok shoots the moon, before returning the yo-yo back to his palm, where it's swallowed back up and its components are returned back to wherever they originally belonged.

"Believe it or not, everything I just did was incredibly painful and I'm struggling not to scream in agony right now."

Outside
    Spoiler: Brain Surgery
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Brain Surgery

Even though Carl didn't reply via text, Sunny probably knew he'd show up here anyway. By the time the MagLimo returns, she and Magtok will see a bright red convertable sports car waiting there with both Carl and Luke waiting outside of it with the latter holding his father's hand. The halfling doesn't look too pleased, and is even armed with a rifle slung on his back, but he doesn't say anything yet, allowing someone else the first chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Brain Surgery

At some point, the MagMobile arrives at the MagCave with Magtok and former MagTern Sunny. Magnificent!

"Oh dear," Magtok remarks, noting the sports car and gun. Either those things aren't worth nearly as much in the Nexus, or Remnant soldiers are paid a lot more than Matok figured. The rifle's some cause for alarm, but with his hands full of Luke, nowhere near as much as it'd be otherwise. Still, that he felt obligated to take it along...

"Hi Carl. I see you got Sunny's text."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Outside

Sunny's face lights up, as she runs over and crouches down to give hugs and kisses to her two favourite men. It's the happiest Carl has seen her in weeks. "Magtok's going to fix it so I can never ever forget you!" she whispers in Carl's ear.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #126

Yo-yo Yo, Clean Up in Aisle Two

Misha makes sure to avoid any splatters of blood. Not because she's squeamish, but because it would be rude to take more permanent DNA samples of her potential future boss, and having his blood on her when she turns into water next would almost certainly accomplish that.

"That's kind of morbid. Should probably just tweak your mechanical arm so you can do that without losing like a half pint of blood every time you feel like yo-yoing around. Could even attach it at the wrist and have your hand be the yo-yo, probably." Misha doesn't know a lot about pain killing, but considering what she knows of poisons...

She turns around to the refreshment table nearby and grabs a glass of punch and offers it to Magtok, "Booze would probably help a little bit with that though. It's a very impressive trick. I wouldn't want to try to copy it even if I could." Coming from the gal that tore apart mini versions of him in a special effect. What's more impressive is the lengths he'll go to to impress people he either somewhat dislikes or outright loathes. Not that she'd say it to his face.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Jellyfish wall!

Aurelia blushes a bit at Fel's comment.

Thanks.
    You're welcome.

You feel better?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

"Purge it so you can keep hitting on her without it being creepy, right? Well I can't say it's a bad idea." Reina says, nauseous all over again. Seriously, what's up with this party and their love of gore related tricks?

"I think I've had my fill of tricks for one night. I'm going to head out. Unless you need me to stay for something." Like afterparty make outs.
    She'll have to avoid MagParties in the future though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #129

Magtok looks to be fighting with himself for a moment or so, the jaw sticking out from beneath his Judge helmet fidgeting awkwardly as he tries to decide what to say and what not to say. The punch Misha offered helps slightly, but not much.

"Actually...yes. Yes, just one thing."

Just have to figure out how to phrase it without someone at the party dying, getting culled by his fellow clones, or accidentally triggering the next major apocalypse. Blargh, why does everything have to be so complicated and deadly?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Marcy does not lean on Cyrus. He was actually expecting Cyrus to zap him or something. Now that he's close though, and no one else can hear.... He speaks to Cy. She has a great bod. Sorta like that little drow gal I kidnapped in the sewers along with her brother.... Remember her? Soooo long ago. Before all the nastyness with you. She was incredible. Of course, she tried to save her brother in return for... favors. Which were of course, amazing. Then, juuuust to make sure she could never forget what she did there to save her family.... I lopped off her brother's hand. Elkander. That was his name. Trissy'lene was hers. I left there with money in my pocket, and a great time. Isn't that what life is all about, hun? Enjoy it while you can, right? He then speaks in his louder voice again. Well, yeah. But there hasn't been a decent storm in aaages. It's sad too. I like rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    You're welcome.

You feel better?

[Monster Mash - A Ghost, She-Hulk, A Demoness, and a... ...whatever]

Marciano gets a glare of disgust from that creepiness. While he admittedly has little in the way of standards, there are a few lines that he won't cross, and forcing "favors" out of people is one of things. Of course, Cyrus doesn't actually remember any of those things because he actually has no idea who any of those people are.

"You're despicably pathetic."

Still, though, he quickly pipes up and rejoins the proper conversation.

"Yes, Miss Aurelia: Do you feel better? I certainly hope so, but if not I'm willing to treat the both of you to ice cream. I've found that usually helps."

He's pointing at Fel and Aurelia when he says that; in fact, he seems to be pointedly excluding "Ritzy". ONE CAN ONLY WONDER WHY.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

Marciano gets a glare of disgust from that creepiness. While he admittedly has little in the way of standards, there are a few lines that he won't cross, and forcing "favors" out of people is one of things. Of course, Cyrus doesn't actually remember any of those things because he actually has no idea who any of those people are.

"Yes, Miss Aurelia: Do you feel better? I certainly hope so, but if not I'm willing to treat the both of you to ice cream. I've found that usually helps."

He's pointing at Fel and Aurelia when he says that; in fact, he seems to be pointedly excluding "Ritzy". ONE CAN ONLY WONDER WHY.
    He speaks now in his full voice. And you're just mean. That was a very long while ago, and I've turned over a new leaf! I'm going good. Or something like that. Whatever. In fact, I'll have you know I've repaid all the people I've hurt and destroyed. Well not the dead ones. I couldn't fix that, but I sent their families a gift basket. I think.... Can't recall. I did something. But yes, you see, Cyrus.... Once I'm a good guy, everyone will love me!

Yes, let us all get ice cream.
    He's.... not going anywhere, apparently.

12. - Top - End - #132

[The Lime Room]

Setting the leg armor on the same table as the arm, Riss would take a moment to adjust her costume before simply making a face and heading over to the duffle bag she had never gotten around to really taking out of the room. "I see..." she said, pausing for a moment before pulling out her rather boring, standard articles of dress. "Mind if I do a quick change? Costume kinda gets in the way." The fact that it was now showing quite a bit of leg was something that seemed to be lost on her, though. If given an affirmative answer, then she would go about changing outfits behind a somewhat large device that had no immediately obvious purpose although it might possibly make sense as some kind of scanner.

In any case, she would go on to inquire: "So have there been any attempts to repurpose another bit of your psyche to serve the same purpose or is this a case of.. I suppose the equivalent would be like a fused connection or a stripped screw preventing an exchange?" Once she was either given an negative response to her changing or had the time to get into something less prone to getting caught on things, the muse would slip around to a table near the corner where there was a collection of tools as well as a simple mag if hung glass. It was seemingly archaic in this kind of room but she wanted to find out what, if any, visible ports or ways to connect to the heart core there were. Hard to scan anything on the inside if there was no way to get to it. Of course, there were other ways to find out but no reason to not at least see what a visual appraisal would yield.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

[BEEP BEEP]

It's that same damned EI number, Magtok.

This time probably much later considering it would be kind of weird if it was that soon after the first. So might be after the party. Or something. I dunno.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    You're welcome.

You feel better?
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    He speaks now in his full voice. And you're just mean. That was a very long while ago, and I've turned over a new leaf! I'm going good. Or something like that. Whatever. In fact, I'll have you know I've repaid all the people I've hurt and destroyed. Well not the dead ones. I couldn't fix that, but I sent their families a gift basket. I think.... Can't recall. I did something. But yes, you see, Cyrus.... Once I'm a good guy, everyone will love me!

Yes, let us all get ice cream.
    He's.... not going anywhere, apparently.

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit better.
    Hmm... That is a great idea.

Aurelia replies, standing up.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [BEEP BEEP]

It's that same damned EI number, Magtok.

This time probably much later considering it would be kind of weird if it was that soon after the first. So might be after the party. Or something. I dunno.
    "Hello DC. It'd be far too optimistic for me to assume you've reconsidered the whole 'don't give Magtok nothing' thing, wouldn't it?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

[BEEP BEEP]

"I'm going to make this very clear to you, Magtok. I don't care about you. I have no specific grudge against you now that you no longer cling to that pack of madmen. I have only treated you as the AMENite you were, and I make no apologies for that. But see, that can change. Obstruct me, try to manipulate me, try to turn the protection of reality itself from that monster to personal profit, and I'll be all too happy to reassign you to the same category as the damned cat.

Because I'm done playing these stupid games. Come GLoG, you, or anyone else, I will wipe that thing from the Nexus. I thought you would share my opinion, considering you've helped to unleash it as much as I have, but perhaps you just haven't realized it yet. Let me spell it out: If you have any decency in you whatsoever, when that thing runs rampant again, you're going to look back and realize that it's your fault.

That said, if you're done making ridiculous nonspecific demands of me, what the hell do you want, anyway?"
    Throughout that rant, a few things are evident. For one, DC is still using that voice modulator.

For two, DC is acting even angrier and more unstable than usual. Usually the guy manages to bury the outright fuming under a false layer of cold disdain. Not so much now. But at least he tried asking that last part.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok looks to be fighting with himself for a moment or so, the jaw sticking out from beneath his Judge helmet fidgeting awkwardly as he tries to decide what to say and what not to say. The punch Misha offered helps slightly, but not much.

Just have to figure out how to phrase it without someone at the party dying, getting culled by his fellow clones, or accidentally triggering the next major apocalypse. Blargh, why does everything have to be so complicated and deadly?
    Reina raises an eyebrow. "Oh? Ok." She says sticking around a little longer and giving Magtok the chance to say his piece.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Yeah, I'm feeling a bit better.
    Hmm... That is a great idea.

Aurelia replies, standing up.
    Ooh, Ice cream!

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

19. - Top - End - #139

[BEEP BEEP]

"In the words of 18 Grammy Award winner and 1987 inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Aretha Franklin,
    'R E S P E C T
    Find out what it means to me
    R E S P E C T
    Good luck with Rein, DC.'"

Magtok gives DC a moment to fume and/or hang up in rage, before continuing.

"No, sorry, that was too much, let me start over. You know I don't do handouts to people I hate, not unless I have a very good reason for it. It could be several years before the next Rein apocalypse, so I don't feel particularly pressed for time here. It wouldn't be that difficult to send someone to pet him a few times and get cat hair stuck to their clothes either, so this is really more of a convenience thing, if anything. Or you can't trust the rest of Watch to help you with such a task."

Another meaningful pause, to stress Magtok's certainty of the businessman's recent alienation amongst his peers.

"I'm in...the best way to phrase it would be 'negotiations' with Reinholdt. Trying to curb his sphere of influence, to cut down on what he's capable of in exchange for the illusion of trust and shutting down my 'send an inept assassin to GLoG every few months' policy. If your plan only goes halfway and he finds out about my part in it, we not only have a potential apocalypse on our hands, but everything I've been doing to tone him down will be seen as betrayal, and I don't want to think about how he'll get if she latches onto an idea like that."

He, Magtok. You meant he. Reinholdt is, has always been, and always will be male. Reina doesn't exist, insofar as DC knows, and the longer you can keep that a secret, the better.

"So you see, this is a big risk you're asking me to take, and I've already compromised things by having this conversation. What if you told Quinn you needed a sample to keep in storage in case of an apocalypse, and didn't tell her anything about pre-emptive stuff until later?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-11-27 at 11:34 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #140
    Halfling in the Playground

Better the Devil You Know

"It shows you can commit," Magtok replies almost immediately, the silly smile back on his face. "Oh sure, maybe not time-wise. Maybe no longer than for a few decades or so to this side or that before flip-flopping, but when angels go evil, they don't just go evil. They go totally super crazy stab innocent baby puppies with pitchforks and make children watch evil. When they're good, it's a case of man don't even think about thinking about being bad she will give you that schoolteacher look and next thing you know you'll be in GLoG confessing everything you've done since third grade before you can even blink good.

Some days I'll wish I could pull off angel-level good, even if just for a little while, but it's just too scary and too much work, y'know? Easier to just wobble in that direction and then back off. Same thing for evil, what with the consequences and guilt and such holding back the worst of it all. Ithuriel, you're both a better and a worse person than me and I'm totally jealous. Of both halves."

Angeltok stops to reach a hand out towards his back, petting one feathery appendage as Ithuriel did only moments ago.

"I've still got you beat for wings, though. Seriously, did you get a good look at these things? Whiter than snow. Whiter than white. Soft and downy and so unbelievably beautiful. I could take an axe and hack these things right off my back without any anesthetic, and so long as I used these perfectly fluffy feathers to stuff my pillow, I'd still get a perfect night's rest. Lucifer wishes he could've been this gorgeous before his fall from grace, and I'm just so gosh darned modest about it too, aren't I?"
    "A better and a worse person? That's an interesting way to put it. Sounds like quite the compliment, though I wish I could say I'd never been the worse half." Ithuriel mutters thoughtfully, with a sort of half-smile. It's a compliment with a massive sting in its tail, from her perspective at least.

"Being as good as an angel comes with a price most of the time anyway, Magtok. Oh sure, you've quite the ego, but you've got the accomplishments to back it up. Many angels possess incredible arrogance simply because of what they are. We are mere servants, in no position to look down on anyone...but that's not how they see it. Not at all."

Ah, those wings. Is Magtok trying to tease her?

Sure, they're nice wings, but could they really be all that good?

"You have got me beat for wings? Really? That's a bold claim to make, Magtok. Be I angel or demon, my wings are by far my finest feature." The mist around Ithuriel's feet swirls violently, spreading out around Magtok as well, and the area around them darkens. "Would you like to test that claim, Magtok, hmm?" Ithuriel asks, stepping close to Magtok and fixing her gaze on his eyes, "Why don't we see whose wings are really better?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #141

[Messages, Messages]

It would be some weeks after that Halloween party that Magtok would get a message from possibly his least favorite employee, obviously wanting his valuable time to showcase some bit of potentially horrifying or maybe just somewhat unnerving technology. At least this time there had been hints about things that weren't made to inflict grevious psycogical or physical harm in he works.

About time too. Having that two week vacation off doing who-cares-what when she could be getting the Cave back up to spec was just laziness. Ignoring the part that this was probably her first non-enforced vacation ever. Including her time before the Nexus if her rather sparce mentions of it were of any indication.

In any case, it was a request for a clone to come down to the Lime Room whenever one had the opportunity.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2013-11-27 at 01:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

[BEEP BEEP]

There is a pause. "...She?" For a brief moment, all of the vitriol falls out of DC's modulated voice, replaced by raw confusion.

But that doesn't last long. "Oh hell. Before I say anything else, do you actually have all the samples I would need, or is that particular one currently outside your capability to help? These things are rather important to know when gene-targeting is involved, Magtok, so if nothing else, thank you, I didn't know about this altered one yet."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Nothing Spookier than an Ice Cream Date. Or Two!]

Cyrus grins, though it morphs into a frown as it becomes clear that Marcy's tagging along.

Ugh. Curtain-Blocker.

Still, he turns back to the women with a smile, casually ignoring the halfling cyborg's words once more, and speaks in his usual charming mode!

"You two certainly sound excited! I'm thinking Dana's Place, in Mallside: Best Ice Cream in the Nexus, more flavors than anyone else! Obviously I can't eat anything like this, but I can join the both of you physically once we're outside."

24. - Top - End - #144

Paul MagCartney and the Wings

"Precisely how do you intend to test that?" Magtok questions, hoping it's not a matter of practicality. His wings are more aesthetic than anything. I mean, he could probably pull off a few tricks with them, maybe engineer some bioluminescence with the right pill and a few minutes to prepare, but physics say these things are definitely not carrying him up into the sky all on their own.

BEEP BEEP

"It's outside my capability to help," Magtok says with teeth clenched. He's not entirely sure if that's the case because he doesn't think he could slip that past Reina, or because he doesn't want to, nor does he want to think too much about the implications of the latter. Also, a past him might or might not have already ratted out DC or hinted at the psychic's intentions at the Halloween party, so he has that weighing down on him too.

Lime Room

Magtok's on his way! He takes his time opening the door, looking away from it as he does so, to give whatever might be in there an extra moment to prepare for his arrival. He doesn't expect a lesbian fey orgy to be going on anymore, or something else equally bizarre, but better safe than sorry, right?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

[BEEP BEEP]

"I see. Thank you, again, for that slip. It seems I will have to use other methods anyway, so you're more or less irrelevant now. Goodbye, Magtok." Beep.

Whoops.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

26. - Top - End - #146

[Lime Time]

Ther wouldn't be any thing of that sort for Magtok to walk in on although there would appear to have been some changes in general done. The room actually had something in the way of ornamentation albeit in the potentially creepy way of prosthetic limbs adorning the walls in various degrees of assembly as well as a small case contains what was unmistakeably a spinal column and brain although both were certainly more mechanical than one would normally expect. There were, of course, mockup models of her past inventions as well save for that laser rifle there with the blinking output. That looked rather real.

That aside, it seemed like there was a miniature tech expo about to happen in here as there were no less than seven distinctly different stations which were taking up a surprising majority of the room. From a glance, there were two that were dedicated towards armor while only one was distinctly weapon-like. The other four seemed to be odd gadgets aside from a wall that simply seemed to be sitting there and doing nothing. There was, though, an arm styled after the cyborg's own on a table as well as a pair of odd looking gloves right beside it.

In any case, it looked as if the vacation had been good for her as she seemed less like a recovered victim of serious malnutrition and more like someone who had been exceedingly healthy all her life.... And she looked to be a bit taller... And she looked less like death warmed over due to the presence of actual blood coloration... And her horns were fused together in the back to form a sort of capital omega symbol or something...

Odd, that.

In any case, it seemed like this was going to be a bit busier than her normal displays given all the things that seemed to be going on at once which was probably why there were two of her completing a few last-minute tasks.

....Wait.

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Purge it so you can keep hitting on her without it being creepy, right? Well I can't say it's a bad idea." Reina says, nauseous all over again. Seriously, what's up with this party and their love of gore related tricks?

"I think I've had my fill of tricks for one night. I'm going to head out. Unless you need me to stay for something." Like afterparty make outs.
    She'll have to avoid MagParties in the future though.

This is No Longer About Misha, She's Just in the Background Watching Encroaching Makeouts

Actually, for a Halloween party this one was rather tame. At least Reina didn't have to go through mind-screwing hallucinations and dubious chaotic candies and party favors like last year.

Probably.

Misha was going to ask Reina to stay and talk with the promise of no more morbidity, mostly to act as a buffer between the nereid and Magtok so she didn't accidentally get (more) on his nerves somehow, but since Magtok is asking for her to wait Misha respectfully remains quiet to see what's going to happen instead of butting in.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #148

Lime Twins

Magtok blinks, takes a deep breath, and then lets it out. Okay, let's not get too excited about this. It's not a major incident, you don't need to-

"I don't recall ever authorizing the use of my cloning tanks or the use of our resources to make some for your own frivolous personal use, Ms. Heln-Gelter. Especially not when I'm at a bare minimum for bodies right now, giving Magbots jobs I'd normally never allow them to perform unsupervised and struggling just to get by with only a dozen clones. Please tell me that's not what I'm looking at here."

Oh fudge, he's upset. If she doesn't have a good excuse, there's going to be trouble. Hell, even if she does have a good excuse, that still might not be enough. Run, Riss, run!

They're Not Makeouts!

"I...that 'disco is dead' clone got a phone call on his way out. Someone trying to enlist his...my...Magtok's help in removing you from existence. I declined, believe it or not, but the person on the other end had already made it clear I wasn't going to be paid anything if I cooperated, so I don't know quite how much you should read into that."

Magtok's jaw clenches again, just like it does in that future scene with DC's next call, where he's not sure how much more to say and strongly regretting what he's revealed already.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #149

[The Lime Room - Time Limes]

The pair paused for just a moment before one broke off to face the cyborg; arms crossed and with none of that shying away from eye contact like their first meeting. It seemed she had at least decided to do up her hair differently so that someone could feel like they could differentiate between the two. "That would be correct, Sir. There has been no authorization to utilize company resources for any reasons other than those directly tied to research. In fact, I expect your logs to show just that." the Riss with a rather plain ponytail said. Then the one with the single braid spoke up, adding: "Furthermore, I would expect there to be no evidence of tampering to indicate falsified records. In fact, the term 'clone' does not even apply due to it's requirement that the end result produces genetically identical individuals. Ignoring the fact that even I'm not sure if these forms should be classified as mechanical or biological in base or if a proper sythysis is more accurate, I am not a quintet of individuals so much as a singular, distributed comciousness." she said.

Holding up one of the instruments on display, the Riss with the ponytail, or rather that extension of herself at least, went on to say: "This leads well into what I first wanted to show you. At least it will help explain how this is all possible although I feel that it might be best to state now that these are currently outside company property as they, like my selves, were made utilizing my personal resources." ...Well that was probably the opposite of what Magtok was expecting. In fact there may have been a little bit of sass in there for the implication that she wasn't taking the situation of the Cave seriously.... Which likely made things all the stranger, considering the source.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2013-11-28 at 03:00 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 178: Mia clementia denor esto

Makeout Murder Mystery

"Oh? Thanks I suppose. Who was it? A particular uncomfortable Reinholdt?" She doesn't seem terribly phased. Maybe a little surprised that Magtok didn't accept. That was unexpectedly nice of him.

She'd have to be unexpectedly... nice to him in return some time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast