New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Forbidden Land of Sundara: Insurgency IC

Feeona

Feeona found it difficult to keep all the voices in mind. Daelric had puzzled out one idea, and his cunning as before outdid anything she could offer, but she disliked that it relied on Ross being trusted to give orders that would cause open hostility in the ranks. She paused to note just how agitated Khallis had, and placed a hand on her shoulder in dim hope it might comfort.

We have to prevent Fharel being betrayed. But it's been said Lord Fharel won't listen to us, and we would have to deal with Kolvars carefully if we want the resistance not to splinter. Fharel's plan is for a flank, and if we're right, the Order is prepared to crush the same. We obviously can't do that. I suggest orderly disobedience. We send word we'll attack, but not to the agreed angle. Fharel would have to adapt after. Saving the orcs is the priority, so it's a safe guess he'll invest in the fight anyway. What exact plan our team adapts to is another issue.

Feeona considered the unarmoured elf with the quarterstaff, having revealed herself a runner moments before, and near fearless. It would be a huge risk over just sending the silver raven. But warning was Fharel integral, so she didn't question it. Instead she removed her hand.

You all mentioned fire before, and the dangers of it. Between Shenra's elemental control and our friend's conjuration,” Feeona indicated the small girl on the panther, and was too busy trying to bring their ideas together to question that, “we should have a firm grasp on it all. No hobgoblins need to be die unduly, Baku. As long as we're certain we can control and quell the fire as needed, Daelric's earlier thought about panicking them and using incendiaries has strength. Can anyone provide an illusion or conjuration, as Khallis earlier asked? With that we would have near everything underpinned soundly.
    Hot then you're cold.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

“Oh, the Order definitely intends to kill every orc and gobliniod in the Steel Pits, there’s no question about that. However, the Order isn’t planning on using fire to accomplish that. If Ross has spent the bulk of his career fighting gobliniods, then he’d know exactly how dangerous burning the slums would be. Think about it, we set fire to a single home tonight and nearly wound up burning down a city block. If Ross were to actually burn the slums like you’re suggesting there’d be no way to stop the entire city from burning down.” Daelric paused for a moment as he considered something. “Unless…Khallis, has the Order been knocking down buildings around the perimeter of the slums recently?”
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shenra speaks up again at the mention of illusions. "I can do illusions and conjuration alike. Above that, I can manipulate enemy weapons if it comes to a fight with Ross, whether I disarm him or turn his weapon against him." Shenra turns to face Daelric. "I have a spell that would allow me to scry the Steel Pits if you would like. Ras could deliver this charcoal to the Pits and we would have about 5 minutes to fully survey the location. But we would have to move fast, and I could have him drop the charcoal wherever you wish, or perhaps hold onto it and scout the entirety of the Pits? Are you thinking of using fallen buildings as a perimeter to monitor the fire?" She traces the outline of the city again.
    Last edited by CryWolfCorrupt; 2013-11-25 at 04:05 PM.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Shenra: Human Wu Jen(3.5)
    Awesome Avatar by gurgleflep!

Weekends will be difficult for me to post.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Baku looks at the elf Khallis. While his allegiance to the united orc and goblinoid race trumps his alliance of convenience with the elves and humans, he has agreed to fight under Khallis's command in the coming battle. "If you think there's enough time to send a messenger to the Warlord, it should be me. The Warlord doesn't like listening to outsiders," he says. He turns to the unarmored elf and asks, "How exactly will you get me into the Pits, when the Hound's soldiers are already on the move? Are you a witch?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Daelric sighed. “It’s not that, it’s-you know what, it’ll be easier if I show you.” Daelric reaches into his backpack and takes out some tinder, which he spreads out on the table. “Let’s say this tinder is Kiiska, and this part here,” Daelric points to one corner, “is the slums. Now, if you set fire to the slums, the fire will spread and consume the entire city. However,” Daelric picks away at the tinder until the corner is separated from the rest by a finger’s width of open space, “knock down a few buildings and the fires will be contained. It’s called a firebreak, and if Ross is as competent as people keep saying he’d certainly know this. So, unless the Order has been knocking down buildings around the slums, then it’s safe to say that the threat of fire is just that, a threat. If they have been, though, then we have a serious problem.
    There's something else I think we need to consider; Kolvars might not be the traitor in the half-elven ranks. Setting up a major betrayal on the part of the Kiiskan Guard would require the coordination of a lot of half-elven officers, and any one of them could have decided to go to Ross with the plan.”
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2013-11-25 at 06:02 PM.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Khallis took Feeona's hand and squeezed it. "But Kolvars would be in charge of the officers in his unit. Wouldn't it be easier if a command to turn on the Resistance in the middle of battle comes from the top of the chain? It depends then whether Fharel takes Ross' bait or not then doesn't it? If he does, then he risks Kolvar's betrayal."
    THE FORBIDDEN LAND OF SUNDARA

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

“It’d be easier alright, but strange things can happen to the chain of command on the battlefield. Like, say, the officers in the guard loyal to the resistance all having their throats slit on Ross’ order by half-elves who prefer the Order’s way of doing things.”

My Homebrew

Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Katria

Turning to Baku Katria smiles mischievously. "No I'm a dancer. Most of my life has been spent in the city, jungle, and the undercity. A number of my former comrades and friends come from the undercity. I spent my free time bringing clothes, coin, entertainment, and anything else I could to the desperate and destitute. I know enough ways around there to get you to The Steel Pits...provided we have certain requirements. Knowing where the traps are to avoid them. Time to get there, and speed. If you can't keep up with Branna's panther your not going to keep up with me."
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-12-12 at 09:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Branna pats the black beast proudly, "Aye, she's a fast girl. If need be, we can guide you in and slip back out again, quick as can be. I can scout ahead as we go."

Branna turns to Shenra with a worried look, "But are you sure you can keep the fire under control without me there to support? If that fire gets away from you, it'll kill thousands of animals and hundreds of trees."
    Spoiler: I am playing...
    Show
    Thanks to Elder Tsufu for the awesome Mat Cauthon avatar!

10. - Top - End - #250

Shenra quickly stands when the tinder is laid on the table. "Ras can carry my charcoal and we can scout here," she traced a straight line over the tinder. "We would have only a limited amount of time to scry once the spell has been activated, but that could reveal a way for our friend Baku here to get in past the guards. From there, especially if they do have a firebreak established, I think that would be the logical place to start a fire, but on their side. The efforts of containing it would still need to be made, but if they have men stationed there ready to start a fire, starting one on top of them could prove exactly what we need to get more arms to the firebreak. If not, I still think a fire here," she pointed to the opposite corner on the tinder from the slums. "Would at least provide the distraction we need. If we draw numbers to that fire, we can attack from the east. And if I control the fire, an illusion could actually corner them." She paused to take a breath and put a small amount of sulfur on the center of the tinder. "If we get enough guards into a quarantine, the matter simply becomes how big we make the oven!" She stands back and snaps her fingers, and the sulfur in the center burst into a small flame and immediately went out, leaving no mark on the tinder. "I can't think of a better way to utilize the city. We wouldn't need to burn anything, but one strong flame (or flame elemental) could push the guards back away from the perimeter of the city. Best case scenario, we get Ross with the rest of them in the center and from there I can simply disarm them all." She smiled and stroked Ras' wing. Then, her smile was interrupted. "The only downside would be trying to identify the traitors from the resistance. If I push everyone from the perimeters to the center of the city, I'll still not know which Half-Elves are friend and which are foe. And I have no intention of killing off or threatening anyone who opposes the Order."
    Shenra turns to Branna. "What I'm thinking would not even necessarily involve a fire, but an elemental who can (with the help of some illusion) look like the city is burning down. From there, we simply make the Order think it is too big to put out in order to force their backs to the corner. I can control one side of the city, no problem. I won't let the fire get away from me."
    Last edited by CryWolfCorrupt; 2013-11-25 at 10:49 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

Baku interrupts roughly, "I think I'd know if the Sun-lovers were knocking down buildings next to the Pits, and they haven't been. But perhaps they're arrogant enough to think they can contain Jagon's fire with their Sun-goddess's magic." Baku finishes his last sentence in his mind--just like some of you seem to believe that you can--and shoots a sidelong glance at the red-clad Ona-worshiper. "And if Kolvars isn't the traitor, then he's an idiot to trust his men."

At the elven dancer's words, Baku eyes the panther with a respectful wariness, then turns his gaze back toward the elf skeptically. She doesn't look like she can run as fast as a panther, he thinks. Then again, he just saw an elf who could transform into a nightingale earlier this same evening, so who knows? "Won't do you any good to run ahead of me, even if you can," Baku growls, "the Warlord will never listen to an elf."
    Last edited by sunwukong; 2013-11-25 at 11:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252

"I see Kolvars' the fool, regardless. A traitor is a traitor, and I'll see the traitors burn." Shenra lowers her head and then steps slowly away from the table, her excitement at the possibilities not wavering, despite the hobgoblin's remarks. She decides that she will simply wait out what the others are thinking. If they don't like her ideas, then she will simply wait it out until the time comes to strike and follow whatever plan the group can decide on. Then, she will ensure that the Order of the Sun understands heat. Her smile returns.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

“If the Order hasn’t been building a firebreak, then I think we can safely conclude that Ross isn’t planning on burning down anything. To be frank, if they had access to the kind of magic that could realistically contain a fire of that magnitude, then they’d have already obliterated both the Steel Pits and the resistance.” Daelric paused for a moment before continuing. “Although, now that I think about it, didn’t the Order use some sort of airborne poison when they first attacked Kiiska? I remember seeing the dead patches of jungle when I first sailed in. It would make much more sense to use something like that instead of fire; as long as the winds aren’t blowing in the wrong direction, you could wipe out the slums and the Steel Pits without ever needing to draw a weapon.” A wicked smile slowly drew across Daelric’s features as his mind began working over this new line of thought. “Of course, you’d need horse-drawn wagons to move the sheer amount of the stuff you’d need for something like that. And wouldn’t it be a shame if those wagons just happen to catch fire while they were still in the midst of Ross’ troops.
    Khallis, I don’t suppose you could get ahold of some dragonsbreath arrows on short notice?”

My Homebrew

Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, we do have an armoury here. Alchemist's, Cold Iron, Flaming Arrows, you name it." Said Khallis, her smile mirroring Daelric's. "How much do you need?"

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

“As many arrows that could set a wagon on fire as you can get ahold of.” Daelric looked over the map one last time. It was like chess, now that he thought about it. You cut away your opponent’s options until the only moves he can make are the ones you want him to make. “You know, the cavalry is finally starting to make sense to me. Ross would need the horses in order to move that much poison into position, and bringing in cavalry gives him an excuse to requisition the horses he’d need. Let’s see, assuming two horses per wagon, that would mean he’s bringing in about twenty five wagons loaded with poison. If we strike quickly, we should be able to burn the wagons before they’re in position, probably killing a few Order soldiers and cutting off their retreat. And without the poison, charging through the slums would be suicidal, Ross would expect them to be trapped, and hitting the wagons will alert him to the fact that he’d be walking into an ambush. He wouldn’t be able to move with just the human troops under his command, so he’d have to wait for the Kiiskan Guard to move into position. At that point, he’d probably want to wait for the resistance to fall into his trap. If Ross were to take out the resistance, he’d be able to withdraw without losing face and attack the Steel Pits on better terms. But then he’s stuck waiting for the resistance’s attack, and when that doesn’t come, Ross is left without any good options. He’ll have no choice but to order an attack on the Steel Pits through the slums, and that means either order the Order troops under his command, who’ll balk at walking into a trapped slum while the half-elves stay behind, or order the Kiiskan Guards to go in first, at which point he risks losing their support. Either way, Ross is faced with a potential riot with his ranks.”

My Homebrew

Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I'm honoured." Breathed Khallis, her sun-kissed cheeks flushing. "We're not going to have the time to collect the palm oil and burning the slums is too risky. We can get the fire arrows however. Katria, I want you to accompany Baku to warn Warlord Horgarth. If we can rally the orcs, we can open a third front for the Order to face. Imagine their faces when the goblins they sent out to kill start charging from the slums! I want the two of you to stay back from the heavy fighting though and if things start going bad, make your way back to our meeting place. Let's just say... here." She pointed to a spot in the Eastern slums away from the Greenway.

"Daelric, I'll get you a bow and some of those arrows. Both you and Baku will be keeping an eye out for the Order wagons if they're using the alchemical poisons. If they start burning though, get out. Shenra can direct the blazes towards the Order for at least some time? I don't really know what you can do so just exercise your discretion. Branna, Feeona. I want you to stay close to me. If we see anyone else from our team in trouble, I want us to be able to support them. We don't leave anyone behind."

She shook her head. "I just don't know what we can do about Kolvars. Someone should also let Tellista know."
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2013-11-26 at 01:01 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Katria

Katria listens and pays attention during the layout of the plan. She waits for Baku to get his arrows then turns to address him. "Show me where the traps are. Every second counts and we've got to get going." She'll take note of the traps and plot a course that will take them there with the least exposure chance. She keeps pace with Baku so as not to lose him.

Spoiler: previously deleted post Khallis responded to
    Show

Katria is looking around at the others when she speaks up. "It would seem we have a multitude of ideas but no real leader to make the decision on what we do. This is my first time fighting a revolution. There's only 2 people here I trust enough to follow orders from. I'm pretty sure Branna doesn't want the honor, so I suggest we make Khallis the leader."
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-12-12 at 09:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

"While we're waiting for the fire arrows to arrive, I'm going to go talk to Gulbeck," Baku offers. "She's in Tellista's squad."

He looks around the war room to see where Tellista's group is gathered and heads towards them. If he is able to pull Gulbeck aside, he whispers to her, "The squadron I was assigned to suspects that Fharel is walking right into some trap the Hound is setting up. You would know better than anyone that the Hound isn't likely to use horses without a good reason...so the horses are either a distraction, or they're being used to carry in some sort of fire or poison weapon. We also think that the half-elves are planning on betraying Fharel. They're the source of all his information, and he's depending on them to win the battle. Will you ask Tellista to keep an eye out for any trickery?" *Orcish

When he finishes his conversation with Gulbeck, he returns to Khallis and the others. For the benefit of the elf Katria, he points out the streets that he knows have the worst booby-traps on them.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

DM: I will move this along.

KATRIA, BAKU
    Spoiler
    Show
    The trail to the Steel Pits was treacherous and on more than one occasion, Baku had to halt Katria from stepping on a tripwire or a false wall. It took several minutes longer for them to make it through with great haste but they finally arrived at the nondescript wooden door that led down into the Steel Pit itself. Fat Waros was at the door. A corpulent orc with a white beard and a scar that ran down his face, he stood a good foot taller than Katria and leered at the woman with his remaining good eye. Katria could smell the odour of rum in his foul breath and his left hand reached into his pants.

"Been gone an' Horgarth noticed. Gots yourself an elf to play with eh Baku? Maybe Horgarth will let you keep her once he's had his fun."* He slurred, cackling.

*Orcish

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Before Baku leaves, Daelric hands him 60 of the dragonsbreath arrows. “Try and get these to any competent archers in the slums; Ross will be less eager to charge in there if he suspects an ambush is waiting for him, and the more wagons we take out the better.”

My Homebrew

Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Though he won't admit it, Baku is grateful to have a local guide as he heads back towards the Steel Pits. Somehow, the path they take to leave Harthome spits them out in an entirely different neighborhood than the one he and Gulbeck were in before. And yet, with Katria's knowledge of the Undercity, the two of them make far better time on the return journey.

When they finally reach the Steel Pit, Baku can't help but compare Fat Waros to Gulbeck. What a degenerate! He responds to Waros sternly, "She's Serpent's Fang, only a fool would lay hands on her. Now let us through." *Orcish

Baku shoulders his way past Waros and strides through the smoky storeroom until he stands before Warlord Horgarth. "Baku Ghann reporting back, Warlord. Me and Gulbeck went to do some scouting and we ran into a buncha elves led by Fharel from the Blood Hunters. This one here is with the Serpent's Fang. The elves found out that the Hound and almost two hundred soldiers are launching an attack on us tonight. The elves are going to try to ambush the Sun-lovers, but they're probably heading into a trap. It's going to be a fierce battle, Warlord. Are our troops ready to fight?" *Orcish

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

BAKU, KATRIA
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Baku forced his way downstairs into the main antechamber of the Steel Pit, Katria followed and was immediately barraged by the dizzying farrago of spilt wine, roasted meats and sweaty bodies, all combined with the smoky heat of the pit fire smouldering at the centre of the room. It was a massive circular chamber, almost eighty feet wide in diameter and the walls were adorned with pelts and vernacular paintings of Jagon's razor sigil. All around the room, Katria could see orcs, goblins, gnolls and humans sitting and laying in varying states of undress and consciousness. It was at the far end of the room that Horgarth sat on a wooden throne crudely chiselled to evoke a sense of raw and brutal power.

He was a large orc, his dark hair tied in braids and adorned with golden rings. Under his black spiked armour, his muscled arms bulged and one hand was rested on the cruel hilt of a massive greatsword. His bloodshot eyes passed over Baku and feasted on Katria's body. She felt incredibly uncomfortable, as though the Warlord was prying under her modest clothes. A woman with sharp, savage features stood next to Horgarth, her bare body adorned with dark red warpaint. She had a necklace of severed fingers around her throat and a stained loincloth covered her parts.

"Zargen-tesh saw you in her vision." Horgarth gave a wet chuckle and his spare hand caressed the woman's body. The musty stench of the spiced wine hung around him. "And you know what else I smell? Elf and human ****. You fight with our enemies, the enemies of Jagon. Look around. We'll fight them all and feast!"*
    *Orcish

It was clear the Harbringers as a whole are in no condition to fight. From the passed out orcs to the coupling humans under the furs, Baku could find in his estimate perhaps twenty to thirty capable fighters at most. Few would be as strong or seasoned as Gulbeck and none would be remotely close as a match. There were perhaps a couple of goblins who were part of the Redcaps, a unit of archers who may have been formidable shots if they weren't so drunk. Even Six, the usually reserved priestess stood teetering by the fire, her robes half undone with a stupefied smile on her lips.
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2013-11-26 at 07:32 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

23. - Top - End - #263

Shenra stood quietly as Baku and Katria raced past her. "Is there anywhere nearby the city with a high enough vantage point for me to see the majority of it? If I am on containment duty, I will need to be able to see all of the wagons we set alight. I can probably get into the city with a clever use of disguise, but it could potentially be lost on interaction. Say, Daelric," She turns to face him. "If I could get my hands on one of those wagons, what would you want me to do with it? I am sending Ras now with the charcoal for my scrying. An offer of booze and a good time can get rid of the driver... Ideas?" She was astounded by his wit. His concept of treachery was incredible, and seemed a bit overarching before she remembered her race had betrayed everyone she had ever known or loved. Her people had abandoned her. Betrayed her, and left her to die. Ona help me to persevere and let me know that what I am doing is righteous. And bless Daelric. Bring to him your wrath and grant us your power in the nights to come.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Katria

Katria looks around the room getting a very uncomfortable feeling. She doesn't speak letting Baku do what he has to convincing the Warlord to attack the Hound's ambush. She has a feeling of unease while here like she is the outsider in her own city. She doesn't like how the Warlord is looking at her. She puts on a neutral expression. I hope Baku's comrades can be more help than hindrance in this up coming battle. This doesn't look good.
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-12-12 at 09:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Daelric thought for a moment before responding. “Try and see if you can cut the wagon’s rear axel partway through. It’d be one thing for the wagons to catch fire, but if one were to suddenly collapse and release the poison in the middle of the Order forces without warning, we could theoretically wipe out a good number of them before the battle even begins.”

My Homebrew

Show

26. - Top - End - #266

Shenra stepped forward again. "Do we have any intelligence at all where Ross will be? Releasing the poison could work in one of two ways. In much the same way I was planning to quarantine using fire, we could bottleneck them with the poison. If the Orcs are available to help us out, quietly overcoming the wagons one by one could allow us to strategically lock the Order into a gauntlet. And if we can lead them all back to Ross before block them off completely..." She tapped her finger on one of her staff's satchels. "We hold all the cards."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Khallis responded to Shenra's question. "Well, we have no idea where Ross might be. I don't even know what he looks like. If I were a general, I won't be giving away my position with flashing lights or a barded horse." She seemed to consider Shenra's words.

"You can either take up a position on the treetop platforms or a slum building. It'll be dark so I doubt you can see everything but it's a good height otherwise."
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2013-11-26 at 04:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feeona appeared grateful when Khallis gave their deployments and decreed none would be abandoned. It was only after listening that she appeared sceptical at Shenra hoping to utilize the orcs for claiming a wagon. Getting quietly past the knights would be difficult, trusting a people known more for violence than subtlety a gamble, and trusting those people when drunk a challenge. But spellcasters often did the remarkable as though it were the mundane, so she didn't question if it could happen. Instead what compelled her to speak were the issues of the monstrous logistics being implied.

Fifty mounted knights were reported,” she reminded, gently. “One hundred infantry. But never wagons. Loading and deploying that many isn't subtle. Our intelligence would have known. Before I was deployed, rumours went the alchemists were creating something cruel, an airborn ailment. Like a cloudkill. They've had at it for at least half a year. Poison may be present, but I'd question the size of the payload. It could be much smaller than we're thinking. Two wagons, maybe. A vial of poison per trusted knight, perhaps. ” Feeona shrugged despite no one being able to discern it while she wore her armour. “We won't know until Ras returns. Besides, before we assumed any of this, the Order appear hopeful we might attack close to were we think those would-be wagons are. Getting around a lot of wagons with that many mounted knights would be a nightmare in itself, and I have to doubt they would rely on the infantry to shield it truly. That's no trap at all.

Her lip was given no quarter as she started chewing at it again. “We need that scouting information. It's impossible to say where Ross' command begins and Wessing's ends. For all we know, the person we hoped to be the Hound is no more than another to bait us in, the infantry that would appear to challenge us actually parchment-thin, and the gas we think there what they'd unleash when we move for the kill. We just don't know until Shenra divines more of the truth. It's all a lot to consider and I'm not sure if we haven't let a matter slip. What should we do for Lord Fharel? Even if it isn't clear who our traitor is, and we chance saying nothing of it to start, we should send word if we know poison's a likelihood. Everything Shenra can divine. Anything else?

Spoiler
    Show
    Speech tags are so difficult sometimes. I editted them about 4 times before they worked.
    Last edited by Star_In_a_Sky; 2013-11-26 at 05:21 PM.
    Hot then you're cold.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

"If it's scouting you need, then I can take care of that," pipes up Branna. "I know the city decently well, I can fly, and there's no way they'll ever notice me."

With that her form suddenly shimmers, shrinks, and shifts until there sits a bird that looks something like an owl, but with slightly different feathers.

"I'll fly over them and get a full count of them and where they are setting up."

The bird's beak doesn't seem like it should be able to make such sounds, but Branna's voice comes forth clearly.

"Anything else you really want to know?"

Spoiler: Bird type
    Show
    If you have some Knowledge Nature or have traveled through the jungles much, you'll recognize it as a Chordevoc, a common nocturnal bird species of the area.
    Last edited by WebTiefling; 2013-11-26 at 05:17 PM.
    Spoiler: I am playing...
    Show
    Thanks to Elder Tsufu for the awesome Mat Cauthon avatar!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

"They won't be setting up. They'll be marching through the Greenway. Look for signs of movement, their numbers and the troop composition. If Kolvars provided the information and intends to betray us, he might have given us misleading intelligence. Divination can be deceptive and I won't put it past the Order to do that. Meet us at the ambush spot. We should move on."

BRANNA, RAS
    Spoiler
    Show
    The druidess rode on the rising air currents from the forest floor, followed closely by Shenra's pet owl. Nobody paid much heed to the mottled birds flying through the branches and treetops and her new heightened senses allowed her to detect movements in the night that she would not have ordinarily perceived with her halfling eyes. She could sense lovers stealing kisses behind laneways, men exchanging bags of gold and parcels in the darkness and drunks hiding behind stacks of branches and boxes. She flew to the Greenway and perched on the branches of the figs that lined the trail. A bank of thick fog was growing in the distance and was gradually advancing. She could hear the sound of hooves clodding against the pavement and heavy boots marching in unison within the obscured fog.

DM: Spot, listen checks.
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2013-11-26 at 06:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III