New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Spoiler: Castle-mania
    Show

Though I do wonder why there was an oubliette in the middle of a hallway. My best guess is that prank wars between the sisters got a bit... intense... while they were remodeling the castle. Also, mysteriously preserved books. Even the ones sitting in the middle of the room, taking direct sun and rain, were practically pristine. Must be magic.
    Spoiler: S4 and Playtime Traps
    Show
    Yah, I mean in the journal it implies the sisters are using the castles various traps and secret passages as an elaborate playground. Were they seriously building all these weirdly complex mechanisms to have fun? On a side note, the idea of Luna and Celestia playing pranks on each other is a gold mine for comics.
    As for the books, yah it is kind of bizarre that they would be preserved. But using magic to protect the books in the library of the rulers of Equestria is not to far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I too was waiting for a Castevalia reference.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2013-11-30 at 08:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

S4 Ep3: I like my ponies like I like my coffee~
    Spoiler
    Show

COVERED IN BEES!!

By all indications this is perhaps especially true of Flash.
    Stock footage reborn as stock animation element!
    Yeah, Flash seems really suited for this sort of thing.
    So many cartoons have gone to the medium and the kind of things they can animate with it have gotten deliciously awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If this isn't the cutest non-pony critter moment, I dunno what is.

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Spoiler: Castle-mania
    Show
    Though I do wonder why there was an oubliette in the middle of a hallway. My best guess is that prank wars between the sisters got a bit... intense... while they were remodeling the castle.
    S4 Ep3
    Spoiler
    Show
    +100 exp for using the word oubliette.

If it's anything like my siblings with me, yeah things can get intense. They must have had an awesome childhood. All those nice places to hide out away from whoever watched them... Hide-n-Seek that goes on for days at a time?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa..... *gasp* ahahahahahahahahahahaaaa...

Yeah, that was good.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-11-30 at 08:47 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa..... *gasp* ahahahahahahahahahahaaaa...

Yeah, that was good.
    Incidentially Phoe's latest LP is also relevant.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Colossus in the Playground

This is Pony Version of Sephiroth.
    Spoiler: Ponyroth
    Show
    Anypony want to wager a guess as to why I posted it?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

Got around to the episode finally

Spoiler
    Show
    This was really great work. For once they wasted no time in getting to their premise and then ran with it the whole time. The ending shadow pony but continues this season's thing with throwing in what appears to be an ongoing mystery narrative, which is great. Twilight gets a new mass hold pony spell, and the others all get to show off a bit of their personalities in the scary setting. I quite like Rarity on this one, as she was self-absorbed but also the most focused and level-headed of the scared pony foursome until the big tapestry fell on her.
    The background on Luna and Celestia playing with all the passages was awesome, Angel Bunny totally stole the show with his scenes, and the random humor of the castle really worked for me.

and then the coolest thing if all: THEY'RE KEEPINGCA JOURNAL! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. I'm so happy to see the return of a narrative device to point out lessons and highlight valuable experiences that the characters have. On top of that, I choose to read this lesson as "history majors rock." And since I was a history major, I have no problem with this.

Something like this I want at least a smidgeon of dialogue evidence before leaping to any conclusion. Or something to demonstrate more coherent intent.

Sigh....

I prefer pixelkitties ending.
    Classic, yes. Very classic.

It's a good one. Highly recommended.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Didn't some new game come out(Not sure, I don't pay much attention to JRPGs) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    Spoiler: S4E3 First Thoughts
    Show
    Rarity more of a jerk every episode?
    Spoiler: Castle-Mania
    Show
    Can't say I noticed anything particularly jerk-ish in this episode, what caught your attention?

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Secret Episode Alternate Ending:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, this meme is just starting to get the tiniest bit old.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2013-11-30 at 09:49 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

7. - Top - End - #1177

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Didn't some new game come out(Not sure, I don't pay much attention to JRPGs) ?
    Guess again!

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Can't say I noticed anything particularly jerk-ish in this episode, what caught your attention?
    Show
    Maybe it's just me, but Rarity seems a bit more apathic towards other ponies' problems than in earlier seasons. This episode, it was mostly just her general dragging along of Fluttershy, but in particular the scene when Shy first discovered a trapdoor and had her wing hurt. It's nothing too bad or noticeable, but I think it's definitly there.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

9. - Top - End - #1179

A classic. I think I still have my copy in storage. I remember the cheesy dialog, the deluge of useless inventory, the two hours spent trying to get a Crissagrim drop... ah, good times1.

You got your deity stats and wish to summon a giant meteor to hover boringly over the world's most polluted city because you want to avenge your mother being used as a science experiment?

1Not sarcasm. I do like this game, faults and all.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #1180

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    You got your deity stats and wish to summon a giant meteor to hover boringly over the world's most polluted city because you want to avenge your mother being used as a science experiment?
    Not officially a god yet. I think*makes note to check*

Well, let's just say that over in the RP thread, I've had an excuse to play his theme music.

he had 7 wings in that form, so why is the song called one winged angel?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1181

Okay, this meme is just starting to get the tiniest bit old.
    I think you just pointed out the defining trait of a meme.

Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Not officially a god yet. I think*makes note to check*

Well, let's just say that over in the RP thread, I've had an excuse to play his theme music.

because sephiroth isn't the one the title is referring to.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    because sephiroth isn't the one the title is referring to.
    Actually, it is.
    Sephiroth's "One-Winged Angel" incarnation and its six white wings are a direct nod to the angelic description of Seraphim in Isaiah 6:2.

"Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two they veiled their faces, with two they veiled their feet, and with two they hovered aloft".

However, the name and title "One-Winged Angel" owe themselves not to these six white wings, but to the seventh single black wing.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    Spoiler: Episode 3
    Show
    I want to know more about these star spiders. I mean, they appear all around Spike, and Fluttershy mentions it's their season, and then we never get anything more. With a pattern like that, they must have some strange effect or something, and I want to know.
    Spoiler
    Show
    aye...i was gonna point that out when i logged on again...but you beat me to it
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Actually, it is.
    huh, i thought it was an oblique reference to cloud.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

crack theory time!
    Spoiler
    Show
    zecora is, in fact, the new villain!

her convenient alicorn-only potion means she's got to know a lot about the sisters.
    she wants the contents of that box, but since she doesn't have the power of an alicorn or the elements, she's been, and will continue to work from the shadows. through subtle manipulations, she'll guide twilight to just enough information to make her perform the actions she can't, then swoop in and snatch her prize at some critical moment!
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

crack theory time!
    Spoiler
    Show

her convenient alicorn-only potion means she's got to know a lot about the sisters.
    she wants the contents of that box, but since she doesn't have the power of an alicorn or the elements, she's been, and will continue to work from the shadows. through subtle manipulations, she'll guide twilight to just enough information to make her perform the actions she can't, then swoop in and snatch her prize at some critical moment!
    Spoiler
    Show
    While that would settle the potion issue - Zecora was lying, it's not "alicorn" magic, it's dark magic - it would have some... unfortunate... implications, given how she was introduced...

Twilight (after Zecora's inevitable defeat): "So girls, what we learn?"

AJ: "Never trust scary stangers, 'cos they are evil enchantresses! We shouldn't listened to you in the first place! We shoulda run her out of town!"

RD: "Yeah, you were wrong, Twi! Nice job!"

AJ: "We need to be much more paranoid and superstitious! I bet those donkeys are up to something! Rainbow, you round up the townsfolk and I'll get mah pitchforks!"

Twilight: "Wait, no, that's not what... BUCK!"

*In the background, the racist barn chuckes... All according to plan...*
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-12-01 at 08:29 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1188

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    While that would settle the potion issue - Zecora was lying, it's not "alicorn" magic, it's dark magic - it would have some... unfortunate... implications, given how she was introduced...

AJ: "Never trust scary stangers, 'cos they are evil enchantresses! We shouldn't listened to you in the first place! We shoulda run her out of town!"

AJ: "We need to be much more paranoid and superstitious! I bet those donkeys up or to something! Rainbow, you round up the townsfolk and I'll get mah pitchforks!"

Spoiler
    Show
    You're awful.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

crack theory time!
    Spoiler
    Show

well,
    Spoiler
    Show

AJ: "We need to be much more paranoid and superstitious! I bet those donkeys are up to something! Rainbow, you round up the townsfolk and I'll get mah pitchforks!"

ummm, yeah pretty much (good one Commodore)

more importantly..
    Spoiler
    Show
    since Zecora is the "black" character
    if they made her evil the HUB/Hasbro would be bombarded by cries of "Racism!!"and the 2 usual ringleaders would demand their extortion money oops sorry i meant "donations for diversity advocacy" under threat of leading a boycott
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2013-12-01 at 09:20 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    more importantly..
    Spoiler
    Show
    since Zecora is the "black" character
    if they made her evil the HUB/Hasbro would be bombarded by cries of "Racism!!"and the 2 usual ringleaders would demand their extortion money oops sorry i meant "donations for diversity advocacy" under threat of leading a boycott
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yah, Hasbro would definitely get flak if they made Zecora evil. Also, I really like Zecora as a wise sage the Mane 6 have to sometimes go too. It would be a shame if she became evil.

Also, finished reading Gulliver's Travel

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me, or are the Houyhnhnms very similar to ponies? An idealistic society of intelligent horses that despise lying and cherish all of their kind.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2013-12-01 at 09:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

You're a genius.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

I don't want to bother, just trying to figure it out, but can you explain me why when i was searching for "crusader stained glass" on google images i found a lot of stained glass ponies?

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topus View Post
    I don't want to bother, just trying to figure it out, but can you explain me why when i was searching for "crusader stained glass" on google images i found a lot of stained glass ponies?
    Cutie Mark Crusaders are ponies. Pony fans like arts and crafts. Stained glass is included in arts and crafts. QED.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #1194

Quote Originally Posted by Topus View Post
    presumably because of the Cutie Mark Crusaders
    Spoiler: All Four Current Members
    Show

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Thank you for the answer, i didn't expect ponies to be associated with crusaders :D

26. - Top - End - #1196

Luna as Dracula (From an EqD post, a tiny bit wide)~
    Spoiler
    Show

huh, i thought it was an oblique reference to cloud.
    The one-wing emo?

You're awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You're a genius.
    He's an evil commander
    That says no to slander
    And if you look into his sockets
    He'll give your soul a gander...
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-12-01 at 09:58 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You're a genius.
    You just now realized that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me, or are the Houyhnhnms very similar to ponies? An idealistic society of intelligent horses that despise lying and cherish all of their kind.
    I haven't read that book in an eternity, but didn't they have a species of subhumans they enslaved? I'd say that's one big difference right there if I'm correct.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2013-12-01 at 10:32 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the thing is the Houyhnhnms are only idealistic in the sense that they represent a specific ideal, in their case the ultimate triumph of reason over emotion. While their society has its merits, the Houyhnhnms are also emotionally barren and completely devoid of empathy.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, the thing is the Houyhnhnms are only idealistic in the sense that they represent a specific ideal, in their case the ultimate triumph of reason over emotion. While their society has its merits, the Houyhnhnms are also emotionally barren and completely devoid of empathy.
    And as we all know, Equestria is where logic goes to die. Right, The Pink One?

"Yes"

edit-
    episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Turns out the castle was trying to defend itself
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2013-12-01 at 11:50 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #1200

I love when I try to Google something innocent like "Color Wheel" and the internet gives me weirdness like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Digo Dragon - Artist