New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Reincarnation wars.

"If he's there, that means he didn't, as he died : he just destroyed the age of magic, not the world."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I'm sorry, it's been a while since I've played Chrono Trigger. I thought they fired nuclear missiles at him or something." Jacob replied. "Anyway, yeah. . . the temporal space stuff is messing with my head."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Well people I'm sorry I wish we could stay and chat but I"m nervous being in a weird dimension other than Earth. . . I've got to keep going, there are two massive doors at the end of the Hall, I'm going. . ."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

"A way out? Good, let's go."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob opened the doors, the massive doors and went through them. . .looking around, it was time for him to make way in the entrance once more and see what was going on, if anything, and how the surroundings differed from where they came. He was almost expecting to see their new host, Cthulhu inviting them to sit down with them for tea.

OOC:
    ((Cthulhu is not actually there. Jacob is musing in a sarcastic way inside his head)).
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-12-07 at 03:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

A small woman sits at a cluttered table, drinking tea. Several seats surround the table, but all are piled high with books, dried flowers, bones, jewels, papers, teabags, and several open fires. Even the chair the woman sits on is stacked high with books. As you enter, she turns and grins at you. You recoil in shock. Her face is a clock, the hands running around it, pointing to half past twelve, in neat roman numerals painted on the rim of her face. She wears a red silk riding jacket, and glasses on a silver chain. Wings composed leaves, all in various seasonal colors sprout from her back.

Welcome dears! she says, a happy smile breaking out on her face.
    I do hope Fate wasn't to rough with you? He did at least show you the well? Oh! I suppose you all have so many questions. I will try to answer all of them. My name is Time, though I'm callled the oracle.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2013-12-30 at 12:41 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob strolls past Jacob into the new room, having shut the outer door behind him. looking sround the room, he bows to mask the slight surprise on his face at the visage of their new host. Huh. Never seen that one before.

"Rob Desaqqara, at your service. We've had no real trouble on the way here, but I thank you for your concern nonetheless." He moves to the side to allow the others to introduce themselves, though privately he doubts that it is really neccessary.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2013-12-08 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #248

"Sure. How about why are we here, and I don't mean here here, just here."
    Erik's words are almost grumpy as he walks through the door.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Good evening, or whatever "time" it is. Oracle, or Time, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am afraid that I'm a little surprised to see you. I had never thought that I would see the day when I was proven to that magic, reincarnation, and fictional characters were all real at the same time, and that I was some kind of monster. I am glad that I could take part in some kind of adventure, even if I had to take part in it during a most inconvenient moment in time."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Grabbing a chair - he somehow managed to find an empty one - to sit, Ethan added :

"At least you hadn't asked "when?" , the answer would have been far more complicated. Jacob, which "magic" are you talking about, by the way? We have like... 5 or more different ways of it to work here."

"Err, sorry, did I interrupt something?"
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Um, hello" Travis says. "Well, what do we do now? Do we finally get to settle down somewhere, or do we have to go on another crazy whirlwind adventure through more bizarre locations."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

"It's probably closer to twenty magic systems." James had decided to stand, to give himself a better view of the proceedings. Wary of sitting of sitting down with this new entity, he continued to use Sylar's telekinetic prowess in order to keep himself aloft. A faint ghostly presence at his side alerted him to Ciara's approach.
    Okay... so does anyone know anything about this 'Oracle'?
    As I said before, Lord Repositor, we all have our parts to play. She said she would answer our questions, so why not simply ask her? he is sitting right there, after all.
    That is, assuming we can trust her.
    I see no reason why not. I mean, she would hardly have brought all of us out to... wherever this is otherwise.
    James edged closer to the clock-faced figure. He had more than a few questions for her, and hopefully she would tell the truth. If not, Sylar's lie detection ability would kick in and alert him to any form of falsehood.
    "Hello, Oracle. I'm sure you already know, but my name is James Valborn, and as a matter of fact, we all have questions. I'll repeat Erik and Travis in wondering why you brought us, and what is to be done with us after this meeting. But I would also like to know why we were chosen, specifically."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-12-10 at 10:51 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

The Oracles face ticks slowly.
    I believe you all know why you were chosen.
    She points at each of you in turn.
    You all carry a burden within your soul, do you not? And though it is true, the beings inside of you have great power, rest assured, it is you yourselves that are of the most import, not merely the incarnations that reside in your immortal souls. As for why the multiverses greatest heroes and villains are called together, I in truth do not fully know. However, I will attempt to show you, as soon as Death brings us the last two members of our gathering.

Almost as soon as she finishes speaking, the ceiling splits down the middle, two young men tumbling to the floor, alongside a young girl, 13 or so, dressed in a sweatshirt and black jeans. Her hair is brown, cut long under her mushroom head cap.
    Here they are! she laughs, dropping to the floor.
    What a time we had getting here!
    And who are you?
    She asks, shaking her hair.
    I'm death, of course. Pleased to meetcha!

... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Death. . . ? That's a little odd. He seems so familiar, yet none of the souls in me seem to recognize him. They all think he's familiar as well, even though none of them seemed to have had a direct person to person meeting with . . . her?"

"Um hello. . . death."

15. - Top - End - #255

Though startled by the fact that time literally has a clock face, Daniel still remembers enough of his manners to offer a short bow before pulling out one of the last empty chairs and sitting down. As he waits through the rest of the crew asking their questions, he fiddles with the lapels of his new jacket, jumping out of his chair as the ceiling begins to descend, he bows again, deeper this time, as Death introduces herself. "Hello," he replies, "it's very nice to meet you. My name is Daniel, and, by the way, have you ever met a man by the name of Neil Gaiman?"
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2013-12-08 at 01:27 PM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Gaimen, Gaimen...
    Deaths pert face clouds, then brightens.
    Oh! Gaimen! Of course, he's one of my favorites! I used to read myself to sleep, She adds in a confidential manner.

17. - Top - End - #257

"Ever read his Sandman comic? I feel like you would find one of the characters in it to be very relatable."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2013-12-08 at 01:55 PM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Having first been strolling along the sidewalk, on his way for a sandwich, Jason suddenly found himself envelopped in darkness and then after what felt like an eternity, he landed face-first against some sort of floor, where a group of people was standing around.

"Ouch....." he groaned against the floor.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob hurried to pick the newcomer off the floor. "Oh sorry about this. Fate has a funny sense of humor and by that, I don't mean humorous. I have no idea how you ended up here, sir." He took a deep breath."Be prepared for the biggest shock of your life, dude, you are about to enter the Twilight Zone."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jason rubbed his forehead and took Jacob's hand and got to His feet.
    "Wh-where am I? and who are you lot and what's the Twilight Zone? Only heard of the Twilight movies... and I kinda wish Fate had less humor and more practicality." Jason seemed quite confused and kinda out of it at the moment, though he still had a vague level of clarity.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Travis answers the newcomer saying, "We are... somewhere at some time talking to Time or the Oracle, and even she doesn't know why we're here besides that fact that we are all reincarnations of powerful people from various works of fiction, or rather non-fiction it seems. You should be meeting yours soon."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Things have gone bonkers. You on the other hand, unless you hit your head harder than we all thought, are not bonkers. What is about to follow is not a dream, a drug induced hallucination or a bit of undigested beef. You are, either fortunately or unfortunately, a "Chosen One", also called a "Namer". Which means you possess the souls of at least four different characters who have appeared in some form of fictional medium in Earth's culture.

"You possess access to all of their powers, and perhaps weaknesses, I don't know about the latter but I can vouch a little for the former."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Blinking very confused, Jason was about to ask 'Meet Who?' when suddenly a bunch of voices answered said question before he even spoke it out loudly.

"I think the Fella is talking about Me and the others. I'm Sgt. Nathaniel Renkov." One voice said.
    "And I'm The Doctor, Nothing else, just The Doctor." The next voice said.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, Son of Anakin Skywalker." The third voice said.
    "And I'm the Ghost Rider, Justice is my thing and Punishment is what i do." The final growling voice said.

"Oh.... Well, guess that answered my question." Jason muttered to himself. "So... hi everyone... inside my head.... Wait a minute... am i crazy??" he said out loud, for everyone, including the 4 voices in his head, of whom he each knew who where. first was from a game, second is from a tv series, third is from Star Wars and the last is from the Marvel Universe.... wow, he must be going crazy, he thought to himself once more.

"No you're not."
    "No You're not, mate."
    "No you're not."
    "No you aren't."

all four of the voices in his head said to him at the same time, creeping Him out even more.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2013-12-08 at 05:56 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Oh look, more Namers. Isn't this just so wonderful?
    At least we are seeing more displays of power outside our own respective dominions, dear Crafter. The Lord Repositor must bear witness to the power of the others in order to certify his own place in the new hierarchy. It is the only natural course of events.
    I'm sorry, but I do not follow. What are you talking about, Valkyrie?
    Ah, thank you High Priest; someone with some manners at last. I am talking about the struggle to come, all of the movements in twilit tandem. It's like a dance, but the music lies beyond the stars. When the scope and volume reach a crescendo, that will be the time for His action. Until that day, I will simply wait, listen, and guide the Lord Repositor as I have done up to this point.
    Tell me, are you naturally predisposed to talking nonsense, or are you just doing it to annoy all of us?
    Both, I think. But it's hardly my fault if none of you understand what will come after.
    Although he listened to the three incarnations, James took no part in the debate. Even before all of this, he had always hated it when people stood and talked about you as if you weren't there. Instead, he focused his attention outward, at the scene unfolding around him. Sylar hadn't alerted him to any trickery on the part of the Oracle, but given what had happened with Fate, he wasn't ruling out the possibility that her own powers greatly surpassed his own. Catching her in a lie with any particular power right now could prove to be impossible. Best to just smile and nod. Everything would sort itself out - hopefully the demonstration that the Oracle had promised was on the way. The individual that called herself Death made him nervous, so instead James moved to greet the new arrival, offering a warm smile and an outstretched hand.
    "Hey there. The name is Valborn. Sorry, I'm kind of new at this too, figured I would just introduce myself like the others are doing. Did you get picked up in a dimension hopping balloon as well?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-12-10 at 10:48 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"So um. . . You're the Doctor. You have a very good reputation even in this universe you were written in. In fact, you are so competent that I would be afraid of you if I had to ever face you, and I have some enormously competent people from my past lives. Hey Doctor, I'd like to ask you some questions, as soon as we have free time and stuff. You can tell me about your heroics and I can tell you about my villainy." Jake half-joked.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Time clears her throat, and Death plops to the floor, arms wrapped around her legs, staring raptly up at Time.

You are all together, Time says. It is not a question.

I shall show you one way of things. It may not be what will happen. There are unaccounted for aspects, and I do not, despite my name, have enough time to sift through them all.

Her eyes spin, each one in a different direction. When they stop with a click, they are eyes no more. Each one is a hourglass. As you watch, they turn over, once, and then again. Golden sand in one and silver in the other trickle down constantly.

Death snuggles up to Daniel. It's just getting to the good part, she whispers to him.

The one you seek is slaughter, the oracle intones.

you will confront him in the form of a man known as Jack the Ripper. He is strong. However.

The oracle does not finish her sentence. Rather, all at once you are standing in a dilapidated building. A man in a black suit and bowler hat lies dead on the snow that drifts through the ruined ceiling. His face is twisted in a grimace, and a pair of ruined gloves lie beside him. You shiver. A cold wind blows through, carrying the Oracles voice. You will defeat him.

All at once you are back in the cluttered room.
    See? Isn't it great? Death whispers.

I love it when she does the pictures!

Or...
    Times voice is lost amid the noise. The far wall is torn open, by what looks to be a hand crafted of bone, sinew and iron forces its way through, staining the carpet with the blood dripping off the talons. A nightmare of a body burst through after that. Splinters go flying into your eyes, as a 10 foot tall form steps into the room. The air fills with the smell of blood, the cloying sweet scent of rot and the sound of ripping bone. The form stalks toward the Oracle, it's grey skinless flesh rippling, the red veins standing out.

Come my friends and breath your last,
    all will be forgotten.
    Nothing left but pain and terror,
    blood and meat all rotten,

The being croons. He grins at you, his teeth rusted iron, and thrusts his claw through the Oracles back.
    His hand erupts through her chest, between her breasts, dripping gore on her jacket.

Her body falls to the floor, sliding off his arm, You here bones snap and crack as the being steps on Time, towards you.
    Death wimpers, and buries her face in Daniels chest. The hooked hand reaches toward her, seizing her hair.

The being vanishes. From where the Oracle lies on the floor, her voice whispers.

That is Slaughter. Go quickly. The ship will take you there.

Deaths tears slowly wet Daniels shirt.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2013-12-30 at 12:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

Hugging Death close as the images appear around them, Daniel whispers something into her ear that he hopes will bring her some comfort. "As long as I live, and as long I have the power, I swear to you, on the bones of my grandfather, I will do my damnedest to make sure that none of these things ever come to pass or come to harm you." Swinging his new jacket off of his shoulder, he drapes it over Death. Trying to stand, Daniel leans down to hug her again, gently trying to disentangle himself from her grasp.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2013-12-11 at 09:54 PM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Well hey in case we get to avenge the Oracle's death, I will have fun knowing that I"m slaughtering someone who's better off dead for the world's sake. Let's get to cracking, I have someone to hunt down." Jake stated ominiously.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, did that just happen? Did the Oracle just get killed?!
    Looks like, but maybe not. We had better check it out, in any case.
    Rushing over to check on the figures, James gestured for the other Namers to help him. But as he began to move, the truth of the matter began to sink in.
    She... she predicted her own death. Just now, she said that she was running out of time. Nonetheless, fear crept into James at the thought of the anthropomorphic personification of Time being dead. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any universal repercussions. He slowed. They needed to go after Slaughter. The Oracle had died, and perhaps even knowingly given up her own life to deliver that message. The significance of that was not lost on James. Heading to climb aboard the ship, he passed Death and patted her gently on the shoulder. She was clearly more shaken up than anyone else here. Once aboard, he turned and gestured for all the other Namers to do the same.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-12-12 at 08:23 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Okay. . . so the ship. . . is there another. . . I assume that the ship is the one we came in on. . .the uh. . . ship. . . yes. . .I'm going, and I'll meet you there. Come on people don't take all day, we don't have a moment to spare." Jacob was careful not to say "time to spare."