New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mt. Ignis

"That will have to do, I suppose. All you organics may wish to keep away from me. I doubt you will be able to endure the heat I will be emitting."
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-12-09 at 11:18 AM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RyanKoopa View Post
    Ray smirks at Calamity. For a second his smile fades and he glares at Calamity. It is a surprisingly intimidating glare from such a goofy man. He then moves in real close, way too close for comfort and whispers in his his ear "don't underestimate me." He then immediately steps about 30 feet back.

If Calamity decides not to attack Ray for his admittedly brazen actions he will suddenly snap back to his old demeanor like nothing had ever happened. "Well good thing the volcano's not active!" he quips "don't want us getting exploded on in the middle of the quest!"

(OOC: If Calamity decides he wants to attack disregard the second paragraph. I'm willing to play it either way :) ))
    Calamity stares right into Ray's eyes, obviously not at all threatened by the man. He continues chewing the bit of gum in his mouth before he spits his wad down at Ray's feet. He's not about to risk his secret mission by getting in a fight with the likes of this little man. He doesnt utter a single word, instead he continues to just stand there, completely unimpressed. He was a Sith trained in the brutal ancient military Sith'ari training. A man forged by the fires of hate and anger. He would not be provoked.

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Clara raises her hand, stepping forward. I have military experience. Though I'd appreciate an attitude improvement, or else tempers will rise and nothing will be accomplished. The dragons perch on her shoulders and head, giving an appearance which...well, in all honesty makes it difficult to take her seriously.

Calamity will now move forward to the tunnel. Good. You, behind then. We'll be leading the group forward. We will be intruding upon enemy territory, so we are to put out any electronic device that gives off a signal. No sounds, no speaking beyond whispers. We'll quietly enter the base and attack from the inside. Understand? We'll travel in two lines. I will lead one. The dragon-keeper will lead the other.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Ray shrugs it off. He doesn't really feel up for a fight with a teammate either but hey gotta protect those testosterone levels! "Which line should I go to?" he asks Calamity, his voice a bit more subdued "I can dodge just about anything by liquefying myself. Perhaps I should go near the front of a line?"
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2013-12-09 at 08:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RyanKoopa View Post
    Ray shrugs it off. He doesn't really feel up for a fight with a teammate either but hey gotta protect those testosterone levels! "Which line should I go to?" he asks Calamity, his voice a bit more subdued "I can dodge just about anything by liquefying myself. Perhaps I should go near the front of a line?"
    Calamity knows Ray's type. The obscenely annoying ones that really, really want to be badasses. The Sith hates those kind of people. But hey, there's always a place for cannon fodder. Even though he'd rather this one die as soon as possible. He had his mission to perform.

...I don't care what line you go to, as long as we have equal members per line. No. Ranged Attacker Second, then melee after that. I don't even know what you can do. Besides ooze over everything. Just... don't make much noise. You talk more than a Gungan on caffeine. So, quiet. He moves forward, Black Lotus and Scorpio at his belt, his Bryar Blaster Pistol in hand.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I will go first. This is my home terrain, and I am far stronger and tougher than any of you."

Ga'roth strides forwards - soundlessly, incredibly enough - and takes a spot at the front. His size means that he stretches across both lines.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    "I will go first. This is my home terrain, and I am far stronger and tougher than any of you."

Ga'roth strides forwards - soundlessly, incredibly enough - and takes a spot at the front. His size means that he stretches across both lines.
    Trucido twitches a tad as the huge lumbering thing attempts to move past him. He frowns and sighs loudly, before speaking to the thing. It was such a shame that he had to explain such things to others. Not like at his home world where military competence was a given. I... don't think that's such a grand idea. You're liable to get stuck, or easily give away our location...

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ga'roth collapses into a flowing pile of rock and magma that snakes across the floor, then resumes his normal shape. All completely soundlessly. Then his rock plates close entirely across his magma core, stopping it glowing.

"I can take care of myself. Besides, I do not care to be ordered around by you. You seem to take it for granted that you are superior and I don't like that. If we are to be part of the same group, I suggest you remove your supercilious attitude before I reach the end of my tolerance."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"Enough!" yells Ray suddenly, clearly fed up with all the squabbling. After taking a moment to calm himself Ray says "Look I know I started this, and I'm sorry for that but all this arguing isn't getting us any closer to our goal. Lets just agree to disagree on things and all that and uh... elect a leader! Democratic vote, that way it will be fair." This suggestion might annoy Calamity further but Ray dosen't know that.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pyrus sighs and curls up in a pile of money, waiting for them to finish up.
    One of the wrymlings stirs, and Pyrus gives the group a look, as I'd to say "hurry up!"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground

Into the Tunnels

Clara sighs, nodding towards Pyrus before attempting to galvanize the group into a positive direction. She slams her staff into the ground (which isn't necessary, but should make a descent amount of noise) and the crystal mounted on the crest of her staff glows intensely bright. The Wizard makes her way towards the front, stopping behind Ga'roth, and uses her magic to bend the light around them to cast a visual illusion of no one there, apart from the molten golem. Of course, anyone with magical protection can easily disregard this, as it's not intended to be aggressive or particularly powerful.
    She turns to the others within her bubble of light. My comrades-in-arms, bickering will lead is to death, not victory. No one here can claim superiority over the other, and I would like you to remember that. We do not know each other, but we must earn the trust of our fellow comrades if anything is to get done.
    I have cast an illusion, but it will be ineffective if you leave the shimmering half-circle, and silence must be maintained at all times. Please keep this in mind.

There, hopefully we can get along better.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Into the Tunnels

Clara sighs, nodding towards Pyrus before attempting to galvanize the group into a positive direction. She slams her staff into the ground (which isn't necessary, but should make a descent amount of noise) and the crystal mounted on the crest of her staff glows intensely bright. The Wizard makes her way towards the front, stopping behind Ga'roth, and uses her magic to bend the light around them to cast a visual illusion of no one there, apart from the molten golem. Of course, anyone with magical protection can easily disregard this, as it's not intended to be aggressive or particularly powerful.
    She turns to the others within her bubble of light. My comrades-in-arms, bickering will lead is to death, not victory. No one here can claim superiority over the other, and I would like you to remember that. We do not know each other, but we must earn the trust of our fellow comrades if anything is to get done.
    I have cast an illusion, but it will be ineffective if you leave the shimmering half-circle, and silence must be maintained at all times. Please keep this in mind.

There, hopefully we can get along better.

Trucido sighs, absolutely hating nearly everyone here. So annoyingly unprofessional. The best plan in his mind was to arm each of them with blasters and travel in small groups. The groups would meet up in the water elemental cave, plant the bomb inside Trucido's coat, then collapse the entire cavern.

But, he needed the money. So, he silently stands, making sure his personal Bryar Blaster Pistol was loaded and ready. He pulls the trigger back, waiting the five seconds for the Bryar Pistol to fuel up it's much stronger charged shot. Upon release of the trigger, it would shoot out a much stronger blast. He waited. Whatever. Can we hurry?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ga'roth nods, and starts silently down the tunnel. His rock exoskeleton closes over his magma core, eliminating his glow.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Ray looks around and then nods. "Alright, lets get a move on" he says smiling. In order to make a stealthy entrance he will keep his mouth unless prompted, a welcome silence for everyone involved. The only noise he'll make is quickly chugging down a water bottle from his pocket. It will take a while before the water he ingested can be used in combat but as long as the illusion holds he should be able to get it down by the time they reach their destination. Once finished he will hesitate for a moment then crumple up the bottle and stick it back in his pocket.
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2013-12-12 at 08:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Excellent.

The dragon breathes a gust of flame on a cavern walk, and an opening appears that leads downwards.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

15. - Top - End - #45

Spoiler
    Show
    Arkhosia
    aric_kale
    The Mad Hatter
    GrandDM
    RyanKoopa

Clara follows Ga'roth, assuming he takes the pathway, and uses her battlefield experience to maintain concentration--no matter what may be there to distract. Her dragons fly in perfect silence, subtly sending thoughts out in an echolocation-like style. Also, Krakl can sense weather with absurd accuracy, so if any sort of traps involve rain or storms he should he able to tell in advance.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Trucido continues to walk forward, quietly, his metal teeth slightly grinding against eachother as he breathes. It was always comforting to grind his teeth. He holds his Bryar Blaster Pistol and strides forward, ready for anything.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

As he walks - somehow managing to be completely silent - Ga'roth carefully keeps watch for any attacks. He has very finely honed tremorsense, to the point where he can feel disturbances in the air as well as the ground (depending on the strength of the movement and how close it is), so it should be almost impossible to take him by surprise.

Which of course means there's going to be something that can teleport...

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

As the group continues their journey Ray realizes there was something he forgot to ask before they set off. Leaning over toward the quest giver he asks (quietly but just loud enough for the others to hear if they care) "how... stable are the walls of this volcano? My fighting style uses a lot of explosives and I don't want this thing crashing over our heads! I have other types of magic I can use if the walls can't take much pressure but I need to know before we start fighting."

19. - Top - End - #49

The tunnel leads to a large open cavern. A obsidian bridge (warning: smooth and therefore slightly slippery!) spans over a luminous, large lava lake, where one with keen eyes may spot fire archons in the lake
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

A lone figure enters Pyrus' lair. May I enter? The man is pale with fangs and red eyes. He is shirtless but has armor on his shoulders. He has two daggers by his waist.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-01-07 at 09:32 PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    A lone figure enters Pyrus' lair. May I enter? The man is pale with fangs and red eyes. He is shirtless but has armor on his shoulders. He has two daggers by his waist.
    Pyrus looks at the man in surprise.
    Shh! The wyrmlings are sleeping!
    he points a claw at the two baby red dragons in the cave.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The man repeats himself, though quieter this time May I enter? The man looks somewhat annoyed at not getting an answer to his question.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

The man repeats himself, though quieter this time May I enter? The man looks somewhat annoyed at not getting an answer to his question.
    The Elder Wyrm nods.
    What is it?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

The man looks relieved. I would like to join the adventurers that came earlier, can you direct me?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

The man looks relieved. I would like to join the adventurers that came earlier, can you direct me?
    Sure. Basically, you're closing a portal to an elemental ice portal. Try not to harm fire beings unless you have to. Follow that tunnel.
    Pyre directs him to the tunnel.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Clara leads the party, keeping her bubble of invisibility around them as she crosses the bridge. However, with Ga'roth in front of her, she can't see around them very effectively, assuming everyone is moving in a huddle, not a line.

)(I'm sorry y'all, didn't realize it was my turn to post.)(
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

A lone figure is close behind the adventurers. He stops, listens, then walks closer, staying close behind them (might be an accident to or purpose).
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Trucido's senses are well honed, meant to find a target rounds before the target sees him. Usually the end of one of Trucido's targets came quickly, with a swift slice of his finely-crafted sabers, long before anyone would notice he was ever there.

As such, Trucido's already got the archons in his sight. The only issue is, he's at a few disadvantages. First, the big lumbering oafs behind him would cause noise, especially if they tried to pass. Secondly, he'd have to rely on his Bryar Blaster. He raises his hand and makes a quiet, "Sssshhh..." Several targets ahead.... Use ranged. AS such, he moves to hide behind a near rock, crouching to have his gun and just a bit of his head gazing at his first target. He pulls the trigger and feels the quiet vibrations of the gun charging. Next turn a very powerful shot will be fired.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Domnus is now sure he eard someone. Greetings, I have come to help you. Domnus steps into full view.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Trucido's senses are well honed, meant to find a target rounds before the target sees him. Usually the end of one of Trucido's targets came quickly, with a swift slice of his finely-crafted sabers, long before anyone would notice he was ever there.

As such, Trucido's already got the archons in his sight. The only issue is, he's at a few disadvantages. First, the big lumbering oafs behind him would cause noise, especially if they tried to pass. Secondly, he'd have to rely on his Bryar Blaster. He raises his hand and makes a quiet, "Sssshhh..." Several targets ahead.... Use ranged. AS such, he moves to hide behind a near rock, crouching to have his gun and just a bit of his head gazing at his first target. He pulls the trigger and feels the quiet vibrations of the gun charging. Next turn a very powerful shot will be fired.
    Ga'roth again shows surprising stealth, modulating his voice to be as quiet as any human whisper, despite his usual ear-shattering loudness.

"They're fire archons, idiot. We're here to kill the water creatures. Don't attack them."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show