New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

Okay, the latest update is totally creepy. What the hell, Cosmo?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

... Anyone else wonders if Cosmo is going to turn out to be one of the guardian or something of the sort ?
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

If there was any ambiguity left on whether those previous incidents were "accidents", it's gone now. This would be a pretty good time to bring out the mute-stone.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

...Cosmo's head is wider than the helmet.

Also, Cucumber's face.

Also also, Justice-flavored muffins?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    ... Anyone else wonders if Cosmo is going to turn out to be one of the guardian or something of the sort ?
    His mastery of disasters sure does seem to exceed that of any of the Disaster Masters we've seen so far.

I'm going to bet against the odds though, and say he's Space Kingdom's princess
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

6. - Top - End - #126

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by banthesun View Post
    I'm going to bet against the odds though, and say he's Space Kingdom's princess
    This brings up a good question. What does the legendary hero do if one of the Kingdoms doesn't have a princess? Or worse still, doesn't have any royalty left at all?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Also also, Justice-flavored muffins?
    Eating one is a punishing experience.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    This brings up a good question. What does the legendary hero do if one of the Kingdoms doesn't have a princess? Or worse still, doesn't have any royalty left at all?
    There are different ways I suppose.
    Conquering the kingdom and declaring him or herself to be the princess is one.
    They could sign it themselves and insistently lie that it is from the appropriate princess who surely exists and is just in hiding. Who knows it might work.
    To name two.

9. - Top - End - #129

RedWizardGuy

Aaaaand it looks like our vehicular saboteur is in league with Glitchmaster. And it looks like this disaster master is the one who appeared when they left the Noise Blaster.
    Last edited by JavaScribe; 2014-05-29 at 01:56 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

So. Glitch pretending to be the Nightmare Knight? Or is he just providing long-distance communication for the actual Nightmare Knight?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the former. The Nightmare Knight seems like he's able to get around pretty well on his own.

12. - Top - End - #132

RedWizardGuy

Uh oh, looks like this Disaster Master has gotten tired of it all and is going off script.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, that was... creepy.

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping that "Glitch-----" isn't actually a Disaster Master, or at the very least there's something different about him that makes him much more dangerous then the other Disaster Masters. Maybe he's the original Nightmare Knight, and created the current one in his own image to act as the main villain while he works behind the scenes?

As someone pointed out, this page: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-188/ shows a red-eyed Nightmare Knight amongst the Disaster Masters, which probably means that this actually is a "Glitchmaster" and this is his most common form.

But if that's the case, why was Cosmo cut off midway through saying "Glitch---'s" name?
    Bow before your Overlord!

14. - Top - End - #134

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by YourNewOverlord View Post
    Well, that was... creepy.
    Indeed, all that red.

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping that "Glitch-----" isn't actually a Disaster Master, or at the very least there's something different about him that makes him much more dangerous then the other Disaster Masters. Maybe he's the original Nightmare Knight, and created the current one in his own image to act as the main villain while he works behind the scenes?
    Well, the disaster masters are ordered by power level. Glitch is presumably the Space Kingdom's disaster master, and thus probably the strongest one. And going off the rails when the boss doesn't actually seem to be a bad guy probably makes him pretty darned dangerous. I mean, judging by Chardonnay's reaction, supplying other Disaster Masters with equipment like the Noise Blaster doesn't seem to be the standard formula.

But if that's the case, why was Cosmo cut off midway through saying "Glitch---'s" name?
    To tease at the mystery?

15. - Top - End - #135

RedWizardGuy

Looks like somebody's about to order pizza.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like somebody's about to order pizza.
    They're going to snag a ride home with the delivery guy? Problem: She can order, and presumably that means they can deliver, but it might still take twenty minutes.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

I must thank you Tectonic Robot for introducing me to this fine fine webcomic. Just finished binging the archives and enjoying every minute of it. "NONE!"
    We are the Blorg. You will be befriended. Resistance is impolite.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

So it's now an open question as to whether this problem would destroy our heroes or destroy the sun?
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

I am suddenly so very confused. What just happened ?

edit: nevermind, just got it.
    Oh well don't worry pizza king, others occasion to make Pizza related dramatic entrances will come, I'm sure.

Also Glitchmare knight just lost a lot of the creepy points he just raked if he couldn't make the diffeence between the actual sun a sun shaped balloon.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-06-27 at 04:20 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    I am suddenly so very confused. What just happened ?

edit: nevermind, just got it.
    Oh well don't worry pizza king, others occasion to make Pizza related dramatic entrances will come, I'm sure.

Also Glitchmare knight just lost a lot of the creepy points he just raked if he couldn't make the diffeence between the actual sun a sun shaped balloon.
    I think that might actually be the sun, in an Apollo's-chariot kind of way. That's just what the sun is in Dreamside.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avian Overlord View Post
    I must thank you Tectonic Robot for introducing me to this fine fine webcomic. Just finished binging the archives and enjoying every minute of it. "NONE!"
    Ahaha, don't mention it! Sorry for not being around here much, been busy with life.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was gonna talk about how the sun and it's pilot are super cute, but then I remembered what comic I was reading and realized that would be redundant XD

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I think that might actually be the sun, in an Apollo's-chariot kind of way. That's just what the sun is in Dreamside.
    yea, just like the Sun in Paper Mario, who rested on top of a tower when not in the sky, which you could go right up and talk to without getting burned or anything. cucumber quest really is Paper Mario as a webcomic.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #144

RedWizardGuy

Oh, interesting, it looks like my question "what happens if a kingdom doesn't have a princess" is about to be answered.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, interesting, it looks like my question "what happens if a kingdom doesn't have a princess" is about to be answered.
    ...The president/prime minister/dictator/random local hot chick signs on the sword?
    Despite everything, its still me.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Either that or the cliche there-was-one-descendant-they-missed-and-the-family's-still-around-but-not-ruling.

Or these people are actually thinking things through and it's all an act to hide the royal family until they get confirmation that this little group are actually heroes.

Or these are bad guys lying to stop the heroes.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-08-07 at 09:56 AM.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #147

Does anyone else ship, like, everyone in the comic? Because all the characters are totally adorable.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Rosemaster looks pretty cool!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

... Shouldn't it be Rosemistress ?
    Although I guess with plants that is a somewhat pointless distinction. Or mybe master is taken as gender neutral.
    I like her style though.

And while the Nightmare knight intentions remains mostly unknown it increasingly seems that the 'Masters' (or some of them at least) are into the choas and destruction. (Bit of a guess but between Noisemaster very clear atempt to destroy treblepolis and rosemaster reminiscence that seems to be the case.)

Ah i suppose that would make sense given the genral tone and design of the comic.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-08-14 at 03:19 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damn, the whole repeated history thing makes me more and more curious. I'm sure we will only get the full revelation considerably further along the story, but I hope we get a few answers somewhat soon.